Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786374 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Cherryola:
@Mcobex @jnyuwa02 @austinpee4 and the other house mate pls I need your response on this can I use only company acct statement with balance of 20m as proof of fund for my studies with the CAC certificate to back it up
Whose company is it? I prefer you use personal statement of account instead as the requirements/expectations for using a company statement is high. They will like to know why a company will with only 20mill will want to sponsor you and some other questions will be raised. If the company is yours, then you can use it but will have to explain how you will manage to run your company and carter for your studies from the said amount.
All in all, it's safer to use personal statement of account than company's
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2018
The company is for my uncle who's my sponsor he put all he's money in his company acct rather than personal acct
mcobex:
Whose company is it? I prefer you use personal statement of account instead as the requirements/expectations for using a company statement is high. They will like to know why a company will with only 20mill will want to sponsor you and some other questions will be raised. If the company is yours, then you can use it but will have to explain how you will manage to run your company and carter for your studies from the said amount.
All in all, it's safer to use personal statement of account than company's
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by estarrh: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2018
I am... Please send me a mail: bello.s.esther@gmail.com
Martswoll:
Hello!!

Anybody going to Kamloops this fall? Getting an accommodation can be stressing there , please let’s comnect.

Pm me !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Cherryola:
The company is for my uncle who's my sponsor he put all he's money in his company acct rather than personal acct
Convincing the vo with a company's statement of account will be hard but not impossible. I would have preferred he put like 10mil in his personal account and the other half in his company account, then submit both statements. How much is he committing towards your studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 9:28am On Jul 31, 2018
He's committing 25k Canadian dollars each academic year
mcobex:
Convincing the vo with a company's statement of account will be hard but not impossible. I would have preferred he he like 10mil in his personal account and the other half in his company account, then submit both statements. How much is he committing towards your studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2018
Cherryola:
@Mcobex @jnyuwa02 @austinpee4 and the other house mate pls I need your response on this can I use only company acct statement with balance of 20m as proof of fund for my studies with the CAC certificate to back it up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2018
Cherryola:
He's committing 25k Canadian dollars each academic year
Tell him to transfer most of the funds to his personal bank accoubt. Also, since he is a third party I will advise he shows commitment by either paying your tuition or transferring the 25k to your bank account (though some applicant's don't go this far but I think doing this will help convince the vo you have access to the said amount)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2018
charlyduru:

As long as it is able to foot your coat of schooling for a year and an additional 10k cad
And have a good percentage of cash left then you use it

And a very good reason for why this person want to expend so much on you and some evidence in the past of such support from him. If there is no such evidence, to be on the safe side I will recommend this person show commitment by prepaying your one year tuition and transferring some money to your account. You would put all doubts aside financially. Mcobex is right, there is a heightened standard of proof when using a company account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2018
Cherryola:

You can use the company’s SOA. I used my Dad’s company statement of account with a closing balance of 23m. Didn’t include his personal statement of account because he hardly use it too. So far he can demonstrate his commitment to sponsoring your studies through his sponsor letter, you have no problem. Got my TRV already.

Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2018
I'm yet to apply for a study visa, as I'm yet to get police and medical clearance. But I wanted to know, when one applies online and upload online, how is the passport submitted?
Is it on request for biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2018
henricson:
I'm yet to apply for a study visa, as I'm yet to get police and medical clearance. But I wanted to know, when one applies online and upload online, how is the passport submitted?
Is it on request for biometrics?
You have to upload your passport data page and stamps if any, and present the passport for biometric. read cic site very well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kishkosh: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2018
Goingforward and other June applicants.

Pls, I just logged in to my aacount now and saw 'we do not need your fingerprint'
When it was showing completed before.
Pls, are you guys getting the same thing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Yes I am getting the same, but if you checked the top where you have "Applicant information"
you will observe the following

Biometrics Number: 0000
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 06/01/2018
Expiry Date: 06/01/2028

I think this is the new update that was implemented early this morning. Still waiting for the medical call though wink

When did you apply?
Kishkosh:

Pls, I just logged in to my aacount now and saw 'we do not need your fingerprint'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2018
Bodmillz:

You can use the company’s SOA. I used my Dad’s company statement of account with a closing balance of 23m. Didn’t include his personal statement of account because he hardly use it too. So far he can demonstrate his commitment to sponsoring your studies through his sponsor letter, you have no problem. Got my TRV already.

Goodluck.

The difference between you and him is that he is using a third party sponsor. Yours is more credible as he it’s your dad, while his it’s his uncle. He has to show more commitment that uncle will follow through. But concerning a company account, there was a debate sometime back. Your case makes it clear and put to rest all those who said CIC accords no consideration to a company account. It does!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2018
amozag2018:
Yes I am getting the same, but if you checked the top where you have "Applicant information"

I think this is the new update that was implemented early this morning. Still waiting for the medical call though wink

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2018
Same here applied June 3rd, Online. It will all end with praise.

Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 06/04/2018
Expiry Date: 06/04/2028

But the Biometrics status has changed from "complete" to "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"

Should i be wary?

canadabyfire:

Yes, i just noticed same change on the biometrics section on my profile................i applied June 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2018
Any update on your Application?

Naijaforeigner:

Yes undergrad in Jand and PGC in Canada.

I had a 2:1 but I still opted for PGC cause masters admission for fall already closed by the time I made up my mind to try Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2018
Kishkosh:

Hello @Kishkosh and other June applicants.

I just logged in and saw the same update on my biometrics. Thank God we are making progress.
Awaiting more updates and approval. i submitted on the 14th June.

It will end in Praise in Jesus name. Amen.

goingforward.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Fleshly: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I replied to your pm earlier this afternoon.

Thanks for the reply. But I didn't get the PM, prolly because the email I used in opening this acct is no longer accessible. Please let me have your email address here, I need an urgent clarification from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2018
Kishkosh:

mine shows the same thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The difference between you and him is that he is using a third party sponsor. Yours is more credible as he it’s your dad, while his it’s his uncle. He has to show more commitment that uncle will follow through. But concerning a company account, there was a debate sometime back. Your case makes it clear and put to rest all those who said CIC accords no consideration to a company account. It does!

That’s true, he’s using a third party sponsor. I think the Uncle paying his one year tuition and transferring one year living expenses to his account would show significant commitment to sponsoring him. Also, the Uncle should further state in his sponsor letter that he would be covering for the second year.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Fleshly:

Thanks for the reply. But I didn't get the PM, prolly because the email I used in opening this acct is no longer accessible. Please let me have your email address here, I need an urgent clarification from you.

This is outside the protocol of standard operating procedure, you are suppose to share whatever you have to share here so others too can learn. I will advice you share here. But if you have something private and don't want to share here, my email is jnyuwa02@gmail.com. After I hear from you, I will delete this email contact here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2018
Bodmillz:

That’s true, he’s using a third party sponsor. I think the Uncle paying his one year tuition and transferring one year living expenses to his account would show significant commitment to sponsoring him. Also, the Uncle should further state in his sponsor letter that he would be covering for the second year.

The eye of the tiger! Seconded!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by manneger2: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2018
Who knows about Canada temporary work permit, an agent want to process it for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2018
mightyola:
Same here applied June 3rd, Online. It will all end with praise.

Date of Biometrics Enrolment: 06/04/2018
Expiry Date: 06/04/2028

But the Biometrics status has changed from "complete" to "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"

Should i be wary?

This change was implemented this morning, profiles changed from biometric "completed" to "we do not need your fingerprint." A lot of applicants who filed online and have not heard a word since, noticed it. Its a step in the right direction, do not worry!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Thanks...Still no clarity whether we can send Medical report after submitting online? .Although I know some people have done it here and their profiles have been updated consequently.

With Fall session fast approaching and time being an important element, would you advise I go ahead and send my medical report?
Thanks

jnyuwa02:

This change was implemented this morning, profiles changed from biometric completed to we do not need your fingerprint. A lot of applicants who filed online and have not heard a word since, noticed it. Its a step in the right direction, do not worry!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
mightyola:
Thanks...Still no clarity whether we can send Medical report after submitting online? .Although I know some people have done it here and their profiles have been updated consequently.

With Fall session fast approaching and time being an important element, would you advise I go ahead and send my medical report?
Thanks

I really would if time is running out! I will advice you send that using the CSE, as evidence seems to show they are been accepted. I reported helping an applicant last week to send his. We did so with a little note reminding them he is racing against time as his resumption is September 05 and it’s the last time he is allowed to defer. He applied July 12th. He too was among June applicants that were updated this morning with biometrics change.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Same observation.
amozag2018:

When did you apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
chisiudeh:
Same observation.

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Applied 6th June. Did biometrics on the 20th
jnyuwa02:

When did you apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Appointments for biometrics has started for online applicants, just in case u dont know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
Thanks. I resume on the 3rd of Sept. This is my second deferment. Please indulge me, is this the link to the CSE webform, so as to begin the process.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

jnyuwa02:

I really would if time is running out! I will advice you send that using the CSE, as evidence seems to show they are been accepted. I reported helping an applicant last week to send his. We did so with a little note reminding them he is racing against time as his resumption is September 05 and it’s the last time he is allowed to defer. He applied July 12th. He too was among June applicants that were updated this morning with biometrics change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.