Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790638 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Ratawu,

I'll have to disagree with you on this. What have you to say to applicants whose applications have gone past the 9 weeks processing times? That, their applications are starting all over again?. I am sorry to say but sometimes your proclamations here are invalid. I remembered how you once said that paper route application documents are being scanned to the processing office by the VFS workers, thereby leaving some vital documents behind, which you said attributed to the fast refusal on paper route. Advising folks here that Online route is the best route to suit. I further requested to know how you came up with this ideology of yours, you kept mute. I can also remember some time ago, when you announced that the updated IMM5707E family form which excludes adding details of applicant siblings was fake and not the actual form to use for paper route applicants. After series of debate here, you laterly find out that it was an acceptable form to use from IRCC.

Please let's be very sure of what we are dishing out here. We should have in mind that this is a public forum and many depend on informations gotten here.

Spot on! People should stop saying what they aren't sure about! I read that paper route jargons, how VFS scans documents and leaves alot behind and I just shook my head in disbelief! And yes, that moniker still went onto reiterate that false claim in other threads even after it was debunked as false and misleading!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=jnyuwa02 post=69867238]

Yes you can use WES valuation for both countries.[/quote
Could you pls tell me how to go about that.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Am seriously indeed of advice..
This is my first attempt
I was denied a study visa and am yet to understand what the visa officer is actually looking for..
Reasons I was given
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR (a) Based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
(b) Based on your purpose of Visit
(c) Based on you personal and financial status

I got admission to study “Health care and Environmental Service Management “ ,2yrs College diploma , in Toronto

•I have a Bsc (Biochemistry 2.1) 2016
•Have a Health security safety and Environment HSSE Certificate ( Level 1,2 and 3) 2017
•Did my one Nysc at Ministry of Environment and Mineral resources (nov 2016 to October 2017)

Documents submitted
•All cic forms ( Including student questionnaire and family form)
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•HSSE Certificate (level 1,2 and 3)
•waec
•Neco
•First School leaving Certificate
•The College offer letter
•receipts of all fees requested by the college $7,400 CAD
• my father’s company bank Statement of 40Million naira
•company registration
•sponsorship letter from my father
•company board of resolution letter (stating they are aware and in support) this was written by my mum because she’s one of the director
•my Virgin international passport
•photocopies of my parents international passport data page and visa pages ( USA and India)

Also, I filled in my form that am working in my father’s company as the secretary, from January 12, 2018 till date.

What I totally don’t understand is my personal assets and financial status they are talking about, for Christ sake I stated my father is my sponsor..
Secondly, the Canada family ties , my family is here in Nigeria (father, mother and all my siblings), We just have one family friend in Canada which I also told them

Please I need your kind suggestions.. #RemainBlessed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=Pinkandblue26 post=69871078][/quote]

Make google your best friend, do t expect to be spoon fed every information, go to both WES’ American and Canadian website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2018
I hope this clears the argument. Makano, you will need to give your biometrics even though you have given it in the past because you submitted your application before July 31 and it’s active. Anybody submitting as from today onwards and have given his/her biometrics in the past does not need to give it again until after 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Bodmillz:
I hope this clears the argument. Makano, you will need to give your biometrics even though you have given it in the past because you submitted your application before July 31 and it’s active. Anybody submitting as from today onwards and have given his/her biometrics in the past does not need to give it again until after 10 years.

This is spot on and what I have been preaching all day. The July 31st new rule is not retroactive. It does not apply to people who applied before the date, only people applying on July 31st and thereafter won’t need to give biometrics. So yes Makano, you should expect to take biometrics tommorrow. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
This is my first attempt
I was denied a study visa and am yet to understand what the visa officer is actually looking for..
Reasons I was given
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR (a) Based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I got admission to study “Health care and Environmental Service Management “ ,2yrs College diploma , in Toronto

•Have a Health security safety and Environment HSSE Certificate ( Level 1,2 and 3) 2017
•Did my one Nysc at Ministry of Environment and Mineral resources (nov 2016 to October 2017)

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration
•company board of resolution letter (stating they are aware and in support) this was written by my mum because she’s one of the director
•photocopies of my parents international passport data page and visa pages ( USA and India)

Also, I filled in my form that am working in my father’s company as the secretary, from January 12, 2018 till date.

What I totally don’t understand is my personal assets and financial status they are talking about, for Christ sake I stated my father is my sponsor..
Secondly, the Canada family ties , my family is here in Nigeria (father, mother and all my siblings), We just have one family friend in Canada which I also told them

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

tonnymexx,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. It's never the end of the world OKay! Do yourself a favor by making use of the below link to see reasons behind your refusal grounds.
YOUR REFUSAL GROUNDS

More so, use this authorized link by the moderator of this reputable thread to order for your GCMS notes.
ORDER YOUR GCMS NOTE

From the look of things your SOP was weak and your motivation to undertake your proposed program in Canada doesn't appear reasonable to why you should incur such huge sum for a program that is available in your home country. The Visa officer needs an explanation to why you're going for a program in Canada rather than Nigeria, the lucrativeness of undertaking such a program in Canada, the range of career options available in Nigeria after successful completion of this program in Canada. Go further by explaining your home ties, what can compel your return back home. As stated earlier by you that your father owns a business, you can tell the visa officer that as one of the son's or being the first son of your father as the case maybe, that you're bond to return to your home country as its your responsibility to take up this family business. Be guided that your proposed course of study must not be in direct collaboration with the type or nature of business your father specialize in Nigeria. Explain the aforementioned points on your SOP and present them in a justifiable manner, you will get it this time.

You're also expected to get an updated bank statement because the previous one you used for your last application has expired.

Lastly, travel history is not a factual reason for a refusal. Once you are able to carefully tackle other refusal grounds, travel history will be automatically waived for you.

It will end in praises in your next application.

Hi gurus, my girlfriend was finally rejected Visa.

Applied on May 26th online and she got closure on 26th July . She has applied for admission differal which was granted today,

The problem is that we want to order the gcms note so we know exactly what we did wrong or were we can improve on the next application BUT I don’t know how exact to go about it . Even the quoted text with links didn’t help .

Can someone please assist with exact steps, costs and timespan involved in ordering the gcms note?
Plsssssssssss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dera12345:

This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

The problem might be in your course of study. Healthcare and Enviromental Service Management. How do the two relate and how does that fit your purpose of study in Canada and into your overall goals and ambitions in life? How can this degree be translated back to Nigeria? Given cheap local option of studying them in Nigeria, why going all the way to Canada? I think you may have done a poor job explaining these, that is why you got slapped with those reasons, purpose of visit especially. Order your GCMS notes and proceed from there. Good luck next time!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pchilaka(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
The biometric update is not just for June Applicants. It's a general one. I applied July and same change has been made to my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hello House,

I am seriously in need of help. I apply for GCMS Note last week and I got this mail . Kindly assist to review this and help me.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dera12345:
This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

Dera12345,

Sorry about the outcome of your application. In order not to derail the thread with constant repetition to already answered questions, I believe the below attached link will go a long way to quench the curiosity about your visa refusal.

YOUR REFUSAL GROUNDS

Additionally, take steps by ordering for your GCMS NOTES using the attached link:
ORDER YOUR GCMS

It shall end in praises in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dera12345:

This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dera12345:
This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

When did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
muizzzz:
Hello House,

I am seriously in need of help. I apply for GCMS Note last week and I got this mail . Kindly assist to review this and help me.
muizzzz,

It's pretty clear and straight forward. The snap shot you attached, is clearly saying that you need someone who is legally residing in Canada be it a citizenship of Canada, student, permanent residence or a visitor before you can be able to order for this GCMS NOTE, the person's address, phone number, a written/signed consent form from you authorizing this person to order the note on your behalf, a valid identity document (passport) of the person etc....

The question here is, Do you have anyone In Canada who can order for this gcms note on your behalf? If yes, get the person to do this for you. OR better still, get the person's details following the above requirements listed and complete payment using your Naira Master Card. Whichever of the two is good. It's left for you to decide which best is okay for you.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Uchboggy:

Applied on May 26th online and she got closure on 26th July . She has applied for admission differal which was granted today,

The problem is that we want to order the gcms note so we know exactly what we did wrong or were we can improve on the next application BUT I don’t know how exact to go about it . Even the quoted text with links didn’t help .

Can someone please assist with exact steps, costs and timespan involved in ordering the gcms note?
Plsssssssssss
Uchboggy,

Are you sure you tried the quoted text with links and you didn't get what you seek? (GCMS). Well, that's the authorized link for ordering GCMS NOTE as instructed by the moderator of this reputable thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Biakwa:

When did you apply

I applied on 20th of June , and was called on 23rd of July..

My school is starting on September 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dera12345(f): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The problem might be in your course of study. Healthcare and Enviromental Service Management. How do the two relate and how does that fit your purpose of study in Canada and into your overall goals and ambitions in life? How can this degree be translated back to Nigeria? Given cheap local option of studying them in Nigeria, why going all the way to Canada? I think you may have done a poor job explaining these, that is why you got slapped with those reasons, purpose of visit especially. Order your GCMS notes and proceed from there. Good luck next time!!

Thanks, please how can I order it from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2018
COVER LETTER TO THE MODERATOR

Mr. Justwise,
Greetings to you honourable admin of this reputable thread,

I write on behalf of the prospective applicants who were recently refused of their study visas and are finding it very difficult in ordering for their GCMS note using the ATIP LINK which you pasted at the first page of this thread. I beseech that you look into this matter ASAP and get a supporting and a trusted website where applicants can easily order for their GCMS notes, without being mandatory/restricted that an applicant must have someone in Canada before ordering for their GCMS note, considering the fact that not all applicants that are here has someone in Canada. I have decided to call on your attention to this present situation.

I hope you kindly look into my suggestion and find the best possible way to handle the issue on ground.

Kind Regards,
Frank

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Uchboggy,

Are you sure you tried the quoted text with links and you didn't get what you seek? (GCMS). Well, that's the authorized link for ordering GCMS NOTE as instructed by the moderator of this reputable thread.
yes sir, trust me I couldn’t make anything of the links, please try click them. I’ll appreci if you explain better to me if you can, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2018
Uchboggy:
yes sir, trust me I couldn’t make anything of the links, please try click them. I’ll appreci if you explain better to me if you can, thanks
Uchboggy,

Sorry to hear you passing through this right now. The link is opening from my end, I wonder why it's not working over there with you. Try it this way:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en.

Also, be guided that when using the above link, you will need someone who is legally residing in Canada be it a citizenship of Canada, student, permanent resident or a visitor before you can be able to order for this GCMS NOTE. You will further need the person's mailing address, phone number, email address. At the end, you're expected to sign the consent form, authorizing this person to order for the note on your behalf. OR better still, get the person's details, then complete payment using your naira Master Card from Nigeria.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SirVal94: 1:11am On Aug 01, 2018
Hello house!!! Please, I am having a mix up concerning my application. I got the biometrics collection letter on 22nd June and went for biometrics capturing on 29th June at the Lagos visa office. Few days later, it was indicated that I have 'completed' biometrics. But I just logged into my account to realize my biometrics status has changed to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

Please, gurus in the house, has anyone had a similar experience? How did you tackle it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 1:22am On Aug 01, 2018
SirVal94:
Hello house!!! Please, I am having a mix up concerning my application. I got the biometrics collection letter on 22nd June and went for biometrics capturing on 29th June at the Lagos visa office. Few days later, it was indicated that I have 'completed' biometrics. But I just logged into my account to realize my biometrics status has changed to 'We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.'

Please, gurus in the house, has anyone had a similar experience? How did you tackle it?

Please read a few pages back. It seems to be the general update everyone got!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:
COVER LETTER TO THE MODERATOR

Mr. Justwise,
Greetings to you honourable admin of this reputable thread,

I write on behalf of the prospective applicants who were recently refused of their study visas and are finding it very difficult in ordering for their GCMS note using the ATIP LINK which you pasted at the first page of this thread. I beseech that you look into this matter ASAP and get a supporting and a trusted website where applicants can easily order for their GCMS notes, without being mandatory/restricted that an applicant must have someone in Canada before ordering for their GCMS note, considering the fact that not all applicants that are here has someone in Canada. I have decided to call on your attention to this present situation.

I hope you kindly look into my suggestion and find the best possible way to handle the issue on ground.

Kind Regards,
Frank

That is as good as me placing an ad here which is completely against the rule.

Again why would I recommend one website and not the other ones? This what people have to figure out themselves.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Wazony: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2018
I am having the same difficulty in ordering gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Uchboggy:

Plsssssssssss

Good day Uchboggy,

Sorry for the denial,

Through your profile on her application,did the sponsor show like commitment to her by paying her tuition fees as always advice..Because I believe both of you applied together and your response came before hers, which shows something stronger may have hampered with her application .What was the reason for her rejection?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2018
Dera12345:

Online or Paper route......?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2018
Pinkandblue26:
Hello bro,
I'm actually a new bie.
I plan to apply for pgd in Canada colleges and M.Sc in US schools.
Of course, I know US schools require WES evaluation for M.Sc but I also got to know that some colleges in Canada also require WES evaluation.I am still confused after much findings about one thing. Can I use one evaluation for both country? Thanks for the time

You cannot use US WES assessment for admission into Canadian school. On WES website where you apply for assessment, you have the option of choosing WES Canada if your assessment is to be used in Canada either for academic or PR and you pay in Canadian dollars. Same applies to US WES assessment where you pay in US dollars and can only be used in the US.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes you can use WES valuation for both countries.

This is not true... The report you received from WES Canada/US compares your degree with Canadian/US equivalents, so US WES assessment would not be valid for Canadian Education as it would only mention if your degree is equivalent to a US degree or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2018
You were called for medicals on 23rd and you applied on the 20th of June?.

Is this your first application?.

Dera12345:

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.