Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795404 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:36am On Mar 28, 2018
princetunex:

Thank you sir.

I did try to manoeuvre my way around Google but the cost on blogs compared to the school's website are usually different.
University of
Saskatchewan for example is $7500 on certain blogs but their site says $15,900. Maybe I am not getting something right. Thanks a lot. I'd appreciate further clarifications sir
princetunex,

Don't rely only on the info you saw/get on the some blogs on the net, as most of those info's are posted far back ago. So it's advisable you go through the school webpage and know the exact fee for a particular program and it's requirements.

Also, check schools like:
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Humber college
Michigan University (Ontario)

Anyone heading for PGD in public administration should please assist this fellow.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

princetunex,

You don't need to pay 100k to get PGD admission in Canada and visa processing fee cost 56k for paper route and 65-68k for online route. So, save the 200k meant for the visa process(as said by your agent) and go through the stress yourself by reading through the previous past thread 13 and asking questions. As for the tuition 3.5M check the school of your choice webpage, it will be clearly stated there.

Also, explore to below schools, they are quite cheaper and admission process is easier to get.

1-) Algonquin college
2-) Durham college
3-) Seneca college
4-) Holland college PEI
5-) Conestoga College
6-) Nova Scotia community college

Finally extend your research to www.google.com as it will be in best position to answer your queries at this early stage of yours.

All the best!

Thank you sir.

I did try to manoeuvre my way around Google but the cost on blogs compared to the school's website are usually different.
University of
Saskatchewan for example is $7500 on certain blogs but their site says $15,900. Maybe I am not getting something right. Thanks a lot. I'd appreciate further clarifications sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:06am On Mar 28, 2018
Bieber78:

Sorry sir for disturbing ,but am really nervous
Because under tuition section i put 12,000cad
and in the funds available for stay section I put 12,000cad instead of adding my tuition and my room and board for a year and that is 24,000 cad and putting it in funds available for stay

Though my parents have good SOA,(26m and 17m) the VO might think that 12,000 cad is the only funds available to me

Sorry lost my phone and been offline. Don’t worry. Your bank statement would be evident to the VO. Perhaps your parents also included an affidavit saying they would support your entire studies? The VO would see it. As a matter of fact, I feel very positive about your situation. If anybody has a chance of getting TRV, it is likely you. I have observed repeteadly that VOs willingly oblige people with your financial background, a visa. You might want to complete that form again. Just that page about finances and attach it with an email addressed to ACCRA visa processing center. Quote your application reference number, tell them you made a mistake in the filling and that you would like the amended correction added to your file. Best wishes bro, I feel positive about your application and hope you come back and testify here when you get it!

This is the email address: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:11am On Mar 28, 2018
tyna4real:
Hello house, a friend of mine applied for a student permit and was placed as people who are inadmissible to canada,and the visa denied. Before she applied for the student visa her and her family had an existing temporary visit permit which they had not used. That is still valid and was not cancelled, can she still visit canada with her family with the visiting visa?

If your friend is listed now as inadmissible to Canada for misrepresentation or whatever reason, it a fiotori follows that any visa granted to him in the past is no longer valid anymore but rendered null and void! Your friend is banned and cannot enter Canada for X number of years!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:38am On Mar 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

faroouqq,

Please add your sponsor dormicarly account statement, if he has funds there and let them know the origin of the funds. This shows the act of integrity to your application.

Also, endeavor to get your waec certificate from your secondary school as you will need them for your visa application not the online print out.

All the best!

Guy! Why are you talking as if is not you again? Why advising him not add his sponsor domicilary account statement to evident that the transfer of funds was truly from the sponsor account? It's more convincing if he submits both his statement and that of his sponsor statement, quote the date of transcation, and add transfer receipts. This adds more integrity to his application.

Why say WAEC Certificate is not necessary, but was stated on the Canada Visa instructions to include them. How do you now certify the visa officer that you graduated from high school?
Remember any past academic records, applicant must provide proof of accomplishment/certificate to them.

His sponsor should indicate on reference letter that he transferred money into doniciliary account. That is all that is needed, the VO would see that transfer and name on the applicant’s dorm. The only statement that is suppose to be submitted is the sponsor’s main account to show availability of funds to support the applicant. If Sponsor’s dorm is the account that shows availability of funds to support, then that account too should be submitted for proving availability of funds for support, not merely just because you want to prove where 10k came from into your dorm. Once sponsor states that he transferred 10k into an applicant’s dorm account, proving the matching account where the funds came from is not necessary.

And about your issues on WAEC result, it is indicated only as a recommendation by the visa office. If you go and file at VFS for instance, they would never ask you for waec result. But they will surely ask you for acceptance letter, financial documents and other documents. Many people don’t submit waec and get visa. It makes sense to submit waec only if you are going for undergrad studies as that is indicative of your highest qualification. In fact, if you are going for undergrad, it would be weird not to submit you WAEC results as part of your visa application. If you are going for master’s however, what is reasonable required of you to submit is transcripts or your certificate of graduation from college/university. This is the way I have always advised people and they have always come out successful. But I respect what people want to do. Everyone must strategize in submitting and not merely submitting things. If you feel more comfortable to submit your WAEC as part of visa application as a student going for masters or PhD, please by all means do it!!

Ps: last fall there was an applicant here who was refused TRV and the VO stated that his low grades as indicated by his transcripts, did not show that he is likely to succeed in a masters program in Canada or be a genuine student. If I were advising this applicant before he filed his application, I would have told him to include only his certificate instead giving the VO something they are gonna use against him. Many have gotten visa without transcripts. It’s all about strategy. Strategize well, hope for the best, pray, most likely things will come out well!! The future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:17am On Mar 28, 2018
faroouqq:
Frankrobbn1, jnyuwa02,

I really appreciate the contribution from both of you..but since you guys have different opinion about the questions I think I'll just get the waec result and dom statement to be on a safe side...

Please I have another question regarding home ties.

My dad has a land without C of O I think I read on this forum sometime ago on how to sort that out using transfer of deed or something...please I really don't understand how that works..can you please enlighten me on how to tackle the C of O problem..

Thanks

C of O is the single most important document you can submit to show evidence of land ownership. It takes time to obtain this from the government. What I have seen people do that has proven successful if they don’t have C of O, is to submit along with deeds, a letter from government saying the land really belongs to them. Land documents are very important to showing ties and I will recommend anyone that has them to submit. It tremendously helps an application. Gives it some heft!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by honeyscottage(m): 3:18am On Mar 28, 2018
Dear Gurus,

Please what would I fill as Fund available for study. I have transferred 8,570Cad to school account and also have 8million naira in my acct.

Am I to input the total of the two fund as my available fund or only the 8 million.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by honeyscottage(m): 3:29am On Mar 28, 2018
Oga Justwise& co

Please assist me on template for LOE if reapplying after refusal.

It urgent please

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 4:43am On Mar 28, 2018
greetings bro...pls why the delay in MUN - did you get any info

Linzo:

Contact the school on both phone and email, they will tell you whatever the reason for the delay. I did the same in MUN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omoarukheo(f): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2018
Good morning my people!

Who’s at vfs ? Let’s link up

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:51am On Mar 28, 2018
honeyscottage:
Dear Gurus,

Please what would I fill as Fund available for study. I have transferred 8,570Cad to school account and also have 8million naira in my acct.

Am I to input the total of the two fund as my available fund or only the 8 million.

Regards.
honeyscottage,

Tuition + Room and board + Others = Funds available for your stay.
So, in your case you should add up both the 8,570CAD which has already been transferred to your school account together with the 8 million as funds availability for your stay.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayo993: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2018
okay

Phocusjosh:
Not yet. Yes, MSc. Agricultural Economics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2018
Hello house, i have been a silent reader on this forum, and i must say this forum is one of the best i have ever belong to.

Gurus in the house i need help from you all, i graduated from production Engineering department from a nigerian university in 2016, and finished my NYSC in december 2017 which was last year, applied for a course at brandon University canada which is Applied Disaster and Emergency studies, and i was given admission at the university, actually they admitted me as a second degree student, meaning i am going to finish the degree in 2 years or 2.5 years and not 4 years.. i want to know if i should go ahead and apply, as am thinking they might delay my visa because it is another under graduate, but am not doing it for 4 years, rather am doing it for 2 years due to prior learning and the university recognized my first degree.i cant do a masters because i graduated with a 2:2 and i dont want a PGD because it difficult getting a PGD in that course, and Brandon University is the first and only university offering that course in canada, and no nigerian university offer such course., i heard they dont grant visa to those who have undergraduate degree before. please house what advise can you give me, as my biological brother is my sponsor and he is an Assistant professor at a University in USA and my mom the co sponsor.

please help me house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by QUEENBIZ: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

QUEENBIZ,

It would be best to show a visa officer that there is a logical progression between your intended program and previous studies/job role. This can also be further proved if you're going for something higher than your previous academic level.
What do i mean by this, Having an HND certification and going to Canada for a bachelor's degree does not in any way show progression. It's more convincing to go for a PGD on your discipline and not a BSc degree, even if you secured the admission with your HND certificate and transcripts. Go for a PGD that is higher than a bachelor's degree. I advise based on my experience, many have done it and end up getting refused.

I hope this answers your question.
Thank & God bless for the response. Conestoga has a PGD program that match my previous program and it is a year duration but I read on this platform about visa denial for PGD program except it’s 2 years. What’s your opinion on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
kingfintan:
Hello house, i have been a silent reader on this forum, and i must say this forum is one of the best i have ever belong to.

Gurus in the house i need help from you all, i graduated from production Engineering department from a nigerian university in 2016, and finished my NYSC in december 2017 which was last year, applied for a course at brandon University canada which is Applied Disaster and Emergency studies, and i was given admission at the university, actually they admitted me as a second degree student, meaning i am going to finish the degree in 2 years or 2.5 years and not 4 years.. i want to know if i should go ahead and apply, as am thinking they might delay my visa because it is another under graduate, but am not doing it for 4 years, rather am doing it for 2 years due to prior learning and the university recognized my first degree.i cant do a masters because i graduated with a 2:2 and i dont want a PGD because it difficult getting a PGD in that course, and Brandon University is the first and only university offering that course in canada, and no nigerian university offer such course., i heard they dont grant visa to those who have undergraduate degree before. please house what advise can you give me, as my biological brother is my sponsor and he is an Assistant professor at a University in USA and my mom the co sponsor.

please help me house.

If a second bachelor to be completed in 2.5 years as opposed to 4 years is the only avenue available to you, please go ahead and apply. Do not try to bootstrap another person’s situation to yours. Just because people going for a second bachelor are denied, doesn’t mean you would be denied. Try and focus on your own story and convey why a second degree is the most logical progression in your circumstance. You might say it would give you the opportunity to develop better study skills to commence a competitive higher education in Canada or the USA or wherever you choose next. Tell them your course is not offered in Nigeria, that is a very good point. You might dance and be given money where others are getting beaten. Best of luck.

Ps: nothing wrong with your sponsorship. You can be sponsored by anybody anywhere with the funds to prove for it! Member of one’s immediate family doing the sponsorship is more believable. And keep in mind in stating that your course is not available in Nigeria, CIC has started doing its own research to find out availability in Nigerian universities!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
i learnt most study permit applications are processed in ghana but mine is in lagos o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
drdamy:
i learnt most study permit applications are processed in ghana but mine is in lagos o

please how do you know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 2:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
date of submission 13/03/18 northern alberta institute of technology, paper route. upfront medical, medical passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Famzyactivity:

please how do you know?
from your tracking number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kingfintan: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
Thank you so much boss, as i am already working on my SOP, and the proposed course Applied Disaster and emergency studies is kind of related to engineering, because we engineers we deal with heavy duty machines, and disaster or hazard are meant to happen. i just always feel that it more reasonable to them doing a bachelors degree for 2.5 years instead of 4 years especially those that have a first degree before. All the same thanks for the conrbution
jnyuwa02:

If a second bachelor to be completed in 2.5 years as opposed to 4 years is the only avenue available to you, please go ahead and apply. Do not try to bootstrap another person’s situation to yours. Just because people going for a second bachelor are denied, doesn’t mean you would be denied. Try and focus on your own story and convey why a second degree is the most logical progression in your circumstance. You might say it would give you the opportunity to develop better study skills to commence a competitive higher education in Canada or the USA or wherever you choose next. Tell them your course is not offered in Nigeria, that is a very good point. You might dance and be given money where others are getting beaten. Best of luck.

Ps: nothing wrong with your sponsorship. You can be sponsored by anybody anywhere with the funds to prove for it! Member of one’s immediate family doing the sponsorship is more believable. And keep in mind in stating that your course is not available in Nigeria, CIC has started doing its own research to find out availability in Nigerian universities!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good day house.
Im applying for TRV via online process. I have all necessary documents required for my visa application, scanned and arranged appropriately. Also I have filled the IMM1294E and IMM564E forms. My question is that are there other forms required for one to fill before submitting ones application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by xzile: 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Please does anybody knows how much it costs to get police character certificate in lagos. Is it at police force quarter alagbon ikoyi or state cid panti

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by OFFICIALAEL: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2018
xzile:
Please does anybody knows how much it costs to get police character certificate in lagos. Is it at police force quarter alagbon ikoyi or state cid panti

It cost N5000 and I’ll suggest you go to Alagbon Ikoyi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by RAY12345(m): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
xzile:

Hello Xzile, no specific amount tho. The amount is based on ur negotiating skills. Budget within 2 - 8k. visit to Alagbon for d PCC.

cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by akanbijm: 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
Please do Canadian embassy consider age before granting visa? I am at my early 40s and I am planning to apply for a study visa through CANADIAN CPA which is a Professional program for Accountants in Canada. I have more than 10 years experience as an Accountant in Nigeria. Do I have a chance of securing the visa. Please advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Hello House please help me out, I posted this question on the previous page

Good Morning All. I am a newbie here. Thumbs up to all those guiding people through this entire process. God bless you all.
I've been going through the old threads and have some questions if anyone could help me out.

For the TRV for Study Permit to a college, I have my University transcripts from 2014. It is an original copy signed and stamped by the then Registrar. Is it permissible for me to send it or must it be a recent copy?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
HerMoney:
Hello House please help me out, I posted this question on the previous page

Good Morning All. I am a newbie here. Thumbs up to all those guiding people through this entire process. God bless you all.
I've been going through the old threads and have some questions if anyone could help me out.

For the TRV for Study Permit to a college, I have my University transcripts from 2014. It is an original copy signed and stamped by the then Registrar. Is it permissible for me to send it or must it be a recent copy?

Thanks in advance

It must not be a recent copy if that is all you have due to extenuating circumstances( strike). It is advisable you get a recent copy though!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.