Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786368 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by omisyk(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
Telling VO i will stay back for masters after PGD, will that look like am going to Canada to stay with no intention of coming back
jnyuwa02:

Tell the VO you applied for masters, but the school gave you PGD. Tell VO you would go on to do a masters and are interested in rural development so you can come back to the rural people who gave you the scholarship to help them with developmental issues. Not just your rural community, but nationwide. That as a product of a rural area yourself, that you walked a mile in their shoes, are keenly passionate in government policy work and is the best person to bring rural reform to your people and Nigeria. The scholarship payment is between you and your king. He could pay your tuition directly to the school and you enclose the receipt to the VO. That would help you greatly. And don't forget to articulate why he singled you out of all your village people for this offer. Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
omisyk:
Telling VO i will stay back for masters after PGD, will that look like am going to Canada to stay with no intention of coming back

No, it will even show you as genuine and forthright. In your circumstances it makes sense, to pursue a masters that you applied for, but was given PGD. If you have strong ties, this should never be a problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2018
faroouqq:
Hi guys..

Happy Sunday..

1.My sponsor wants to transfer money from his domiciliary account to mine...his main account is with first bank where he also has other investments...so my question is do I also request for statement of account of his domiciliary account after collect the one for his main account??

2. Concerning the waec result to be submitted.. Do I go to my school to collect my waec result or I can submit the one I printed online

Thanks.

faroouqq,

Please add your sponsor dormicarly account statement, if he has funds there and let them know the origin of the funds. This shows the act of integrity to your application.

Also, endeavor to get your waec certificate from your secondary school as you will need them for your visa application not the online print out.

All the best!

jnyuwa02:

You do not need your sponsor's account.
Just a letter of support and declaration from him that he would be your sponsor and that he has already taken a step to transfer one year accommodation and living expenses in exportable form into your account.

Guy! Why are you talking as if is not you again? Why advising him not add his sponsor domicilary account statement to evident that the transfer of funds was truly from the sponsor account? It's more convincing if he submits both his statement and that of his sponsor statement, quote the date of transcation, and add transfer receipts. This adds more integrity to his application.

jnyuwa02:

Sorry I skipped the question. Yes you can include a print out. But if going for a masters or PGD, Waec result not necessary.

Why say WAEC Certificate is not necessary, but was stated on the Canada Visa instructions to include them. How do you now certify the visa officer that you graduated from high school?
Remember any past academic records, applicant must provide proof of accomplishment/certificate to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
omisyk:
omisyk,

I best advise you stick to your PGD and discuss how it will be of paramount benefit to your career back home and prospects in Nigeria, than telling a visa officer that after your studies, you will forge ahead for your masters degree in Canada. They will tag you as not a genuine student that will over stay their visa after studies.

Please face just your PGD and be silent about furthering for your masters. This is my advice.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AyoPrudence(m): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
makano:
Nope it's not possible. It's either u do upfront medicals or u wait for CIC request for medicals. Medicals will surely be done before ur TRV is approved
Hi makano,
Are there any other places in Nigeria aside children practice, Lagos where this medical can be done or that has been recommended in the past?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
[quote author=jnyuwa02 post=66118943]

This is the least of your worries. The school on your IRCC forms indicated how much you need yearly for room and board and tuition. VOs know how to determine from that and your submitted bank account, the funds available for your stay. One year and subsequent years. Many people have been approved who put as funds available to them, the years of the complete year of program. Many also have been approved who put as funds available to them, the cost of only one year of their program. Best wishes![/quote

Sorry sir for disturbing ,but am really nervous
Because under tuition section i put 12,000cad
and in the funds available for stay section I put 12,000cad instead of adding my tuition and my room and board for a year and that is 24,000 cad and putting it in funds available for stay

Though my parents have good SOA,(26m and 17m) the VO might think that 12,000 cad is the only funds available to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bieber78: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is the least of your worries. The school on your IRCC forms indicated how much you need yearly for room and board and tuition. VOs know how to determine from that and your submitted bank account, the funds available for your stay. One year and subsequent years. Many people have been approved who put as funds available to them, the years of the complete year of program. Many also have been approved who put as funds available to them, the cost of only one year of their program. Best wishes!

and in the funds available for stay section I put 12,000cad instead of adding my tuition and my room and board for a year and that is 24,000 cad and putting it in funds available for stay

Though my parents have good SOA,(26m and 17m) the VO might think that 12,000 cad is the only funds available to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
Bieber78:

Bieber78,

Sir! Wrongly filled applications, most especially on the section regarding funds availability are reasons for refusal based on insufficient funds. Because a Visa officer might be thinking this was the amount meant for your stay in Canada.

You should not bother much about this, just pray a visa officer overlooks this and realise that it wasn't intentional.

Oh! Yes, as said by jnyuwa02, some applicants filled funds available for their stay for the total duration of their stay in Canada and still got approved. This is because they showed funds in excess and their sponsor bank statement backed it up. But yours, reverse is the case, you filled just tuition fee as funds availability for your stay and left room and board and others blank.
You have submitted your application and this can't be changed.
Be hopeful and optimistic.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2018
classiquestan:
Greetings to everyone,
Please I don't if anyone that applied for MSc program in Memorial University for 2018 fall has received any feedback on their admission status.
I applied for M.Eng Electrical Engineering since November 2017 and I'm yet to get any feedback.

I need info please.

Have you mailed them to ask them what the issue is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
PhD Ocean Engineering - no feedback yet ooo

classiquestan:
Greetings to everyone,
Please I don't if anyone that applied for MSc program in Memorial University for 2018 fall has received any feedback on their admission status.
I applied for M.Eng Electrical Engineering since November 2017 and I'm yet to get any feedback.

I need info please.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
Pls for my visa application, what and documents needs to be notarised. Or must all the documents I am going to submit for my TRV be notarised?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jideola3(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
Good evening people,

Please I have some questions. I was recently asked to submit my passport, what does this mean?
How long does it take to get a response and when will the passport be returned?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Frankrobbn1, jnyuwa02,

I really appreciate the contribution from both of you..but since you guys have different opinion about the questions I think I'll just get the waec result and dom statement to be on a safe side...

Please I have another question regarding home ties.

My dad has a land without C of O I think I read on this forum sometime ago on how to sort that out using transfer of deed or something...please I really don't understand how that works..can you please enlighten me on how to tackle the C of O problem..

Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

faroouqq,

Please add your sponsor dormicarly account statement, if he has funds there and let them know the origin of the funds. This shows the act of integrity to your application.

Also, endeavor to get your waec certificate from your secondary school as you will need them for your visa application not the online print out.

All the best!

Guy! Why are you talking as if is not you again? Why advising him not add his sponsor domicilary account statement to evident that the transfer of funds was truly from the sponsor account? It's more convincing if he submits both his statement and that of his sponsor statement, quote the date of transcation, and add transfer receipts. This adds more integrity to his application.

Why say WAEC Certificate is not necessary, but was stated on the Canada Visa instructions to include them. How do you now certify the visa officer that you graduated from high school?
Remember any past academic records, applicant must provide proof of accomplishment/certificate to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
Jideola3:
Good evening people,

Please I have some questions. I was recently asked to submit my passport, what does this mean?
How long does it take to get a response and when will the passport be returned?
Jideola3,

To the bold.... When being asked to submit your passport for online route applicants, it's simply an APPROVAL. Congratulations!!!
You need to send your passport via courier to them or submit it in person to any of the VAC (Visa application Centre). You will have your passport returned back to you attached with a study permit counter foil within 7 working days.

Congrats once again!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
Kinfinity007:
Pls for my visa application, what and documents needs to be notarised. Or must all the documents I am going to submit for my TRV be notarised?
Kinfinity007,

Not all documents needs to be notarized. Documents that needs to be notarize are documents that does not bear an official signature or stamp. If any of your documents has this you don't need to notarize them. If it doesn't, then it needs to be notarized by a notary public.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Obianwu123: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
Please house I will be writing TOEFL and GRE April ending and I want to register with kojexconsult.com/edu, they have offices at ibadan, lagos, Benin and Abuja and currently running a promo at a reduced price of #40,000.
Please I want to know if anyone has registered with them before I make payments. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
faroouqq:
Frankrobbn1, jnyuwa02,

I really appreciate the contribution from both of you..but since you guys have different opinion about the questions I think I'll just get the waec result and dom statement to be on a safe side...

Please I have another question regarding home ties.

My dad has a land without C of O I think I read on this forum sometime ago on how to sort that out using transfer of deed or something...please I really don't understand how that works..can you please enlighten me on how to tackle the C of O problem..

Thanks

faroouqq,

Many applicants has secured their TRV without adding Land C of O. If you don't have it, don't worry about it, add valuable documents to evident that this land is rightfully yours.
Yes! Get a lawyer to draft a deed of transfer between you and your father stating clearly that the said landed property is your inheritance and has been willed to you.
Also, try as much as possible to evaluate the landed property from a registered real estate agent, this let's the visa officer know the worth of the land/asset and equally include the land survey plan.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shola0505: 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
justwise:
This is part 14

Part 13 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

Hi Justwise,

i would like to have a conversation with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tyna4real: 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello house, a friend of mine applied for a student permit and was placed as people who are inadmissible to canada,and the visa denied. Before she applied for the student visa her and her family had an existing temporary visit permit which they had not used. That is still valid and was not cancelled, can she still visit canada with her family with the visiting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
The new sponsor is a retired US Marine, has investments and bonds in the US and also a Citizen, my Dads brother. He is still yet to send down he's account statement.
Olalekank:

What's the details in the new sponsors account. Read few pages back to know what can be classified as a lump sum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
tyna4real:
Hello house, a friend of mine applied for a student permit and was placed as people who are inadmissible to canada,and the visa denied. Before she applied for the student visa her and her family had an existing temporary visit permit which they had not used. That is still valid and was not cancelled, can she still visit canada with her family with the visiting visa?

The visit visa is automatically void. She can't travel to Canada in the next 5 years
WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR HER BAN?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayo993: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
Phocusjosh:

$5908.50 per one academic year for graduate studies. I have been recommended for admission by the department but I'm yet to get my official admission letter.

okay thank you, have you been sent offer letter also is it agric econs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by inno4u: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
I greet everyone in the house, please I need a sample motivation letter for Civil Engineering Undergraduate program, If anyone have it should please forward to my email: stecent.ng@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello house, sth strange happened today, a friend got his visa approved. When I asked him who stood as his sponsor, he told me his Sister in USA. He said she did not have much in her acct but that she works in a clinic as a registered nurse(RN). That she provided her payslips. Her status in d states as a Citizen, Letter of support. That is all. House is it possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jideola3(m): 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Jideola3,

To the bold.... When being asked to submit your passport for online route applicants, it's simply an APPROVAL. Congratulations!!!
You need to send your passport via courier to them or submit it in person to any of the VAC (Visa application Centre). You will have your passport returned back to you attached with a study permit counter foil within 7 working days.

Congrats once again!

Thanks for the clarification. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello house,

Anyone in Uregina?
I wantto understand how you went about paying the tuition fee.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 12:22am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello. Pls why print only the last 2 pages? Doesn't the rest of the form need to be filled?
Frankrobbn1:

AKUPSME,
You are not allowed to fill this form with a system. Simply print out the last 2 pages (18-19) of the IMM5832E form which is the study questionnaire and fill them with a pen.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 4:22am On Mar 27, 2018
HerMoney:
Hello. Pls why print only the last 2 pages? Doesn't the rest of the form need to be filled?

DO YOU MEAN PAGES 1 - 17 SHOULD BE IGNORED?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tyna4real: 6:17am On Mar 27, 2018
Misinterpretation

Ratawu:

The visit visa is automatically void. She can't travel to Canada in the next 5 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tyna4real: 6:19am On Mar 27, 2018
Ok thanks, Misinterpretation

Ratawu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2018
HerMoney:
HerMoney,

The rest of the form don't need to be filled. You are require to fill the last 2 pages by hand(pen) which is the study permit questionnaire.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 7:27am On Mar 27, 2018
Ratawu:

DO YOU MEAN PAGES 1 - 17 SHOULD BE IGNORED?
Ratawu,

Yes Sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.