Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 8:52am On Aug 01, 2018
mightyola:
You were called for medicals on 23rd and you applied on the 20th of June?.

Is this your first application?.

Dear mightyola,

Dara was denied student visa. Not a medical call
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Pinkandblue26 post=69871078][/quote]

Why don't you invest your precious time to research on the information you need as it is outside the scope of this group.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2018
justwise:

That is as good as me placing an ad here which is completely against the rule.

Again why would I recommend one website and not the other ones? This what people have to figure out themselves.

Thank you for acknowledging my previous post. With all due respect Sir, placing a tested and trusted ad here for prospective applicants to order for their GCMS note is not bad in any way, either it helps the present situation. I can recall brilliantly some time last year on this thread, when applicants freely make use of third party GCMS website, not until after we had a range of news going round about that some applicants were secretly defrauded outside this thread all in the name of assisting them in ordering for their GCMS note. Thanks to you, who took it up and sanctioned the impostors involved in such Fraudulent Act. But, this has got nothing to do with the trusted third party GCMS website people have been making use of on this thread, our threat last year was on the imposter in question. We never had any bad reviews from applicants here concerning the third party webpage.

Kindly make this GCMS website to be available here again, so that people won't be facing challenges or being restricted to having someone in Canada before ordering for their notes. Let's be sympathetic and considerate please.

Thank you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by emeka27: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2018
Dera12345:
Am seriously indeed of advice..
This is my first attempt
I was denied a study visa and am yet to understand what the visa officer is actually looking for..
Reasons I was given
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR (a) Based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
(b) Based on your purpose of Visit
(c) Based on you personal and financial status

I got admission to study “Health care and Environmental Service Management “ ,2yrs College diploma , in Toronto

•I have a Bsc (Biochemistry 2.1) 2016
•Have a Health security safety and Environment HSSE Certificate ( Level 1,2 and 3) 2017
•Did my one Nysc at Ministry of Environment and Mineral resources (nov 2016 to October 2017)

Documents submitted
•All cic forms ( Including student questionnaire and family form)
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•HSSE Certificate (level 1,2 and 3)
•waec
•Neco
•First School leaving Certificate
•The College offer letter
•receipts of all fees requested by the college $7,400 CAD
• my father’s company bank Statement of 40Million naira
•company registration
•sponsorship letter from my father
•company board of resolution letter (stating they are aware and in support) this was written by my mum because she’s one of the director
•my Virgin international passport
•photocopies of my parents international passport data page and visa pages ( USA and India)

Also, I filled in my form that am working in my father’s company as the secretary, from January 12, 2018 till date.

What I totally don’t understand is my personal assets and financial status they are talking about, for Christ sake I stated my father is my sponsor..
Secondly, the Canada family ties , my family is here in Nigeria (father, mother and all my siblings), We just have one family friend in Canada which I also told them

Please I need your kind suggestions.. #RemainBlessed

So sorry for the refusal. This seems to be the trend for refusal lately. Don't give up, re-strategize and re-apply. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JTL007: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Dera12345:
This is my first attempt
I was denied a study visa and am yet to understand what the visa officer is actually looking for..
Reasons I was given
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay , as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of IRPR (a) Based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I got admission to study “Health care and Environmental Service Management “ ,2yrs College diploma , in Toronto

•Have a Health security safety and Environment HSSE Certificate ( Level 1,2 and 3) 2017
•Did my one Nysc at Ministry of Environment and Mineral resources (nov 2016 to October 2017)

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration
•company board of resolution letter (stating they are aware and in support) this was written by my mum because she’s one of the director
•photocopies of my parents international passport data page and visa pages ( USA and India)

Also, I filled in my form that am working in my father’s company as the secretary, from January 12, 2018 till date.

What I totally don’t understand is my personal assets and financial status they are talking about, for Christ sake I stated my father is my sponsor..
Secondly, the Canada family ties , my family is here in Nigeria (father, mother and all my siblings), We just have one family friend in Canada which I also told them

* I fink the main thing is the #purpose of visit# I fink it doesn't make sense to the vo that u already have BSc and you are going for college dip. why not higher degree than what you already have like pgc, pgd or masters.
All d best...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2018
Oh,my apologies.

Biakwa:

Dear mightyola,

Dara was denied student visa. Not a medical call
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Aug 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you for acknowledging my previous post. With all due respect Sir, placing a tested and trusted ad here for prospective applicants to order for their GCMS note is not bad in any way, either it helps the present situation. I can recall brilliantly some time last year on this thread, when applicants freely make use of third party GCMS website, not until after we had a range of news going round about that some applicants were secretly defrauded outside this thread all in the name of assisting them in ordering for their GCMS note. Thanks to you, who took it up and sanctioned the impostors involved in such Fraudulent Act. But, this has got nothing to do with the trusted third party GCMS website people have been making use of on this thread, our threat last year was on the imposter in question. We never had any bad reviews from applicants here concerning the third party webpa

Kindly make this GCMS website to be available here again, so that people won't be facing challenges or being restricted to having someone in Canada before ordering for their notes. Let's be sympathetic and considerate please.

Thank you!

grin interesting, well I have to refer you to my previous answer, to add to that let me also remind you that nairaland is not a charity organisation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by papilo90(m): 10:20am On Aug 01, 2018
Hadastextiles:
Good afternoon friends
Pls I made a typographical error on the applicant name while filling the online form last week. I was called for my biometrics the next day and I was a bit delayed cos d name on the biometric letter didn't tally with d one on the passport. After awhile I was attended to and after I finished the biometrics I asked if der won't be any Problem and dey sed nop.
Please house, is der a form to fill or nytin I can do to rectify the issue?
Thanks

Hello ,please anyone that knows anything about this should help provide an answer for this friend.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2018
Biakwa:

Good day Uchboggy,

Sorry for the denial,

Through your profile on her application,did the sponsor show like commitment to her by paying her tuition fees as always advice..Because I believe both of you applied together and your response came before hers, which shows something stronger may have hampered with her application .What was the reason for her rejection?
No o, it was only my girlfriend that applied. And Sponsor didn’t show any commitment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Uchboggy,

Sorry to hear you passing through this right now. The link is opening from my end, I wonder why it's not working over there with you. Try it this way:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en.

Also, be guided that when using the above link, you will need someone who is legally residing in Canada be it a citizenship of Canada, student, permanent resident or a visitor before you can be able to order for this GCMS NOTE. You will further need the person's mailing address, phone number, email address. At the end, you're expected to sign the consent form, authorizing this person to order for the note on your behalf. OR better still, get the person's details, then complete payment using your naira Master Card from Nigeria.

All the best!
thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Olayemudia: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2018
Any VO will reject this application even me. Order for your GCMS note. But think about this.

1. Personal and financial status
You will definitely not come back because you did not show that you have a good job in Nigeria, that you are well paid and have assets. It's like a case of someone jobless traveling to canada.

Submit

Your 6 or 3 months Payslips and bank statement of account (with a good closing balance). A letter of introduction from your employer showing that you need the postgraduate course and it is essential to your career growth. A statement that you will be promoted after your study is perfect.

2. Purpose of visit
Show the relationship between BCH and Health care and Environmental Service Management (I don't even know). It's better to relate it with where you currently work and maybe past research (if you have done any project in that area). Tell them you are going purely for academic purposes and maybe no school in Nigeria takes the course or maybe they don't cover the area your chosen school does it or the prestige you get graduating from such a prestigious school
Though graduate diploma or masters will be better

3. Proof that you will leave
Show your strong family tie in Nigeria. Show that you will come back to your 'beloved' family in Nigeria . Your family member in Canada was seen as a tie to canada, this is mostly a reason for rejection. Since you have declared a family member, you've gat to weaken that bond, if a close settled family member, the person can write a letter that he or she will ensure you return to Nigeria at the end of your study. Prove to them know that you will leave 'their' country at the end of your studies to your family in Nigeria, your job and your assets. If you are the first child with all siblings in Nigeria, tell them that you have to take care of your parents and younger ones.
Is it even possible for your dad to write a letter stating that you will takeover his place in the company? And are you a staff in your dad's company?

Dera12345:

This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2018
justwise:

grin interesting, well I have to refer you to my previous answer, to add to that let me also remind you that nairaland is not a charity organisation.

Going through the bolded, I will have to prove you wrong by saying that this thread is indeed a charity organization because people from different nationalities come here to seek and acquire vital informations for free, which on a norm it will cost them a hell lot of money from immigration consultants out there. Well, I have voiced my mind and suggestion to the current situation. It's left for you as the moderator to take an action.

Regards,
Frank

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Does anyone know any person OUTSIDE this forum that applied for a study visa in June through the online route and has gotten an update either refusal or medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2018
mightyola:
Does anyone know any person OUTSIDE this forum that applied for a study visa in June through the online route and has gotten an update either refusal or medical request?

Online route June applicant, None for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2018
Uchboggy:
No o, it was only my girlfriend that applied. And Sponsor didn’t show any commitment

Although you may need to order for your gcms. But you can still share the refusal point for the gurus to elaborate more as sponsor showing commitment is a key to a success to an extent..

The gurus will help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Online route June applicant, None for now.

I think their is I can't remember various moniker, but there has been some couples or rejection within June..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:29am On Aug 01, 2018
Biakwa:

I think their is I can't remember various moniker, but there has been some couples or rejection within June..

I guess you must be mistaken this for Paper route applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2018
Dera12345:

I applied on 20th of June , and was called on 23rd of July..

My school is starting on September 4th

This is a case study that applied in June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:31am On Aug 01, 2018
Exactly!!

Frankrobbn1:

I guess you must be mistaken this for Paper route applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2018
Biakwa:

This is a case study that applied in June

This must be Paper route not online.... @Dera12345, your attention is needed here.... Did you went through paper route or online? So as to provide clarity to this honourable thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 11:34am On Aug 01, 2018
Dera12345:

I applied on 20th of June , and was called on 23rd of July..

My school is starting on September 4th

Dear Dara,

Was it online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 11:45am On Aug 01, 2018
Biakwa:

Dear Dara,

Was it online or paper route?

It must be paper application nah... "I applied on 20th of June , and was called on 23rd of July.." I guess he/she meant 'was called to pick passport on 23rd' Online refusal cannot be this fast, 4 weeks ke
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nattyvino84: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2018
Any update over your application

quote author=orobs93 post=69694970]

good day sir please I applied online on 19 July. .got confirmation message and submission messages same day ..I got biometrics letter on the 20th ..I did biometric on the 24th ..and completed updated on the 24th too.
.I got an email from visa office Canada Lagos today with my tracking number ..I tried tracking but got a no record found report ..

please is it that my application is moving fast?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
In my opinion, you’ve been slapped with the basic purpose of visit rejection. Why?
Because you have applied for a College diploma,
With your qualifications you should be showing an academic progression. You finished with a 2:1, you have taken professional courses to bolster your BSc. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be looking forward to a masters program. Payment of fees prior to the issuance of your visa isn’t a security for your visa. Sorry to be blunt, but we need to do more. If truly you’re going for academic reasons, your SOP would have done justice as to why you’re going for a College diploma, and not a masters, hence the rejection. Moreover it’s too late to reapply against September. You may want to consider a masters programme.If you can’t thoroughly convince yourself why you need a College diploma then you won’t be able to convince someone else (VO). My 2 cents.
Better still order your gcms as all our advices not accurate but just merely suggestions. It’ll end in praise.

Dera12345:

This is my first attempt
Reasons I was given

Documents submitted
•Statement of Result
•Nysc Certificate
•waec
•Neco
•company registration

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
joe10:

This is not true... The report you received from WES Canada/US compares your degree with Canadian/US equivalents, so US WES assessment would not be valid for Canadian Education as it would only mention if your degree is equivalent to a US degree or not.

It is true. If you want to apply to schools in both countries you can use both, this is what the asker wants to do I thought?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
Happy new months guys!

Who’s flying Royal Air Maroc to Montreal on Aug 17 Kindly signify.

May this new month bring good news for those waiting for their TRV In Sha Allah, In Jesus name!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
Flight Tickets off the roof!!!..Summer!!!. June Applicants!!..VO's we are waiting!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2018
joe10:

It must be paper application nah... "I applied on 20th of June , and was called on 23rd of July.." I guess he/she meant 'was called to pick passport on 23rd' Online refusal cannot be this fast, 4 weeks ke

You're absolutely right!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
Fall academic session starting in exactly 5 weeks, at most 6 weeks from today. Many of us still waiting a decision not knowing our whole lives in only 5-6 week could be turned around. The picture below exemplifies school spirit and mascot that will waiting for some of us rolling into our dorms to start the fall session. Will you be in the number? God have your way!! Let the countdown start!

Ps: Picture Credit, University of Saskatchewan, Residence Life.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello Guys, I have done my Biometrics today despite doing it in my last application. The Attendant there told me same thing u guys said here. Also my Biometrics enrollment date has also been updated from that of last year to today's date.
jnyuwa02:

This is spot on and what I have been preaching all day. The July 31st new rule is not retroactive. It does not apply to people who applied before the date, only people applying on July 31st and thereafter won’t need to give biometrics. So yes Makano, you should expect to take biometrics tommorrow. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
makano:
Hello Guys, I have done my Biometrics today despite doing it in my last application. The Attendant there told me same thing u guys said here. Also my Biometrics enrollment date has also been updated from that of last year to today's date.

Knowledge is power!! Good luck in this historic race!! Brace up and enjoy the ride!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It is true. If you want to apply to schools in both countries you can use both, this is what the asker wants to do I thought?

I would advise you heighten your research on this bro... A friend tried to use WES academic assessment to gain admission into a Canadian university but did not succeed. He has to apply for WES Canada assessment. US and Canada may have similar academic standard but research shows that Canadian is higher

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.