Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Your Eligibility has started right?

Banks039:
I'm yet to get an update... (medical) , although London replied to my mail few minutes ago .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
7th of aug
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

mightyola:
Please do you have their email London and Lagos. Please share with me

When did you send them an email?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Yes it has
mightyola:
Your Eligibility has started right?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dedecoder: 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please house, help a soul.

Am I to photocopy all my documents twice before submission? As in, two copies of each of my credentials?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jdhills: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
GOODAY guyz! i want to freshly apply for admission for master degree in canada....i heard and gleaned online that there some schools that dont require IELTS or toefl which off cos makes things easier obviously but am a little skeptical about this especially when matter reach embassy for student visa.... is it advisable i do this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thanks

Banks039:
7th of aug
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Wheyme: 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Congrats to you bro..I guess you can submit your passport at any VFS like jnyuwa02 suggested. Cheers man

Naijaforeigner:

I applied on July 10. Thanks boss.

Please all the gurus in the house help me, can I submit my request letter in any Canadian embassy in the world?

I plan on leaving the UK tomorrow or Friday unfailingly or I should just post my passport with my request letter to the UK?

My UK visa expires next week Wednesday, if I submit my passport and I don’t get it on or before next week Wednesday, I would get a UK ban.

Please has anyone done it before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If it is earsier to tackle and he has been working 20 years in the field, shouldn’t it have been self evident to the VO in the first place? This tells me that is not an issue of progression, but more on convincing the VO that he would actually attend school and excel in school after all these years. Last time I checked he reserves the right to take your opinions so please easy on him.
He studied computer science and has been working in an IT firm but wants to go for a management course now. What he needs to do is either go for masters in computer science or something related or explain deep why he is going for a management course now(I think it is related to his current job). Let him order for his GCMS file and I bet you the issue won't be on the gap but on the course he was going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2018
mcobex:
He studied computer science and has been working in an IT firm but wants to go for a management course now. What he needs to do is either go for masters in computer science or something related or explain deep why he is going for a management course now(I think it is related to his current job). Let him order for his GCMS file and I bet you the issue won't be on the gap but on the course he was going for.

Could be after working on IT, he is interested in branching out and starting his own IT company and management principles come into play. Perhaps he seeks an executive position in the same company he works for and management principles would help him climb the ladder of opportunity. If it’s on the course, won’t progression be ticked instead? I on the other hand speculate that on his Gcms notes would be something to this effect: “after consideration of the student’ financial and professional history and family ties, the applicant has not shown that he would be a genuine student and study in good faith. He has therefore not shown that he would depart Canada after studies. Refused.”

We agree on one thing, he should order GCMS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by leki10(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hello, congratulation.
I am new here.
I applied for admission at calgary for spring 2019,please can i contact you for enquiries? and how

thanks.

shegxyt:
A P P R O V A L!!! ……….unto God be ALL the glory…

I got to know about this thread after 7weeks that I have submitted my applications. Having gone through almost all the Parts, I realized that I made couple of mistakes and omissions…but with God nothing is impossible. Prayer_Patience is the KEY!!!

I would like to appreciate contributions and guidance from the experienced seniors on this platform…..the list is endless: @justwise, @thesoj @osemigho, @glam444 @austinpee4, @jnyuwa02, @frankrobbn1, @canadiannurse, @wealth360, and Others. Kudos to you guys…..

Timeline:
Online Application Submitted: June 5
Biometrics Mail: June 12
Biometrics Done: June 13
Medical Mail: Aug 1
Medicals Done: Aug 3
Medicals Passed: Aug 5
Passport Request/Approval: Aug 6

University of Calgary

For those waiting; you are next to testify.

Modified:
Passport Submission: Aug 7
Visa Processed: Aug 9
Passport Collection with Visa (issued at London): Aug 13.

URGENT: Please anyone going to calgary soon or currently there? ....Seniors thesoj, osemigho & others.... Pls HELP, I need answers to some questions!!!

Thank you ALL and God bless!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2018
Can someone please help me with the address of the approved medical center and the procedure?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

I applied on July 10. Thanks boss.

Please all the gurus in the house help me, can I submit my request letter in any Canadian embassy in the world?

I plan on leaving the UK tomorrow or Friday unfailingly or I should just post my passport with my request letter to the UK?

My UK visa expires next week Wednesday, if I submit my passport and I don’t get it on or before next week Wednesday, I would get a UK ban.

Please has anyone done it before?

Is it possible to get a waiver from the UK Home Office? I know they believe in protocols but writing to state your current predicament and that you are about to finalize your Canada Visa which may result in a delay of less than a month. Such documentation may help you in future if you decide to stay behind and finish your Canada runs.

In fact before you receive a response from the home office, you might have finished canada visa process by then. If you chose to write, try to get an acknowledged copy. Just thinking aloud.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hi guys.. I guess I've turned to a silent reader since my refusal but I see great things happening and I'm so happy for all the TRV approval recipients.

I have a question and I'm hoping my people here can drop there own perspectives on it.

Assuming I've been working for myself for like 7 years.. No company registration, no pay slip... How else can I prove that regarding a study gap .

Thanks .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Naijaforeigner:
Guys I just got my request letter.

I can’t believe this. God is the greatest. I will get back to you guys shortly.
Congratulations, your mind don come down.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
jydorchem:
Can someone please help me with the address of the approved medical center and the procedure?
Thanks.

Please help with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2018
shegxyt:

Thanks @jnyuwa02. I am surprised too...according to my wife they are blacks (a lady came in while a man was outside). They identified themselves as a staff from BCI (Background Checks International or so)... I have never heard about them before. They spent like 10 minutes asking questions about our relationship, her place of work, number of kids, who owns the building, where we were staying before relocation (Probably they wanted to confirm the information I provided on the CIC forms). Shortly after I got home and she told me that they just left.....I quickly dashed out to track them but without luck. Fear con begin dey catch me...why me because I have never heard about such on this platform. Also, when I applied for US Visas for my wife and kids......they questioned her (because I was not allowed in) on the kind of work that I do...especially when they saw Libya Visas....but they never said anything about USA, UK, UAE and other Africa & Asia Countries I have visited.

I am suspecting they just started doing this physical checks or may be they pick some applicants at random like you earlier said. Only God knows what they are looking for upandan. It is well...
Where was your trv processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
dubaiboy1:
Hi guys.. I guess I've turned to a silent reader since my refusal but I see great things happening and I'm so happy for all the TRV approval recipients.

I have a question and I'm hoping my people here can drop there own perspectives on it.

Assuming I've been working for myself for like 7 years.. No company registration, no pay slip... How else can I prove that regarding a study gap .

Thanks .
Do you have anything to show that you are into the said business? like proof of transaction.
Also, what kind of business is it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2018
Farm business...

mcobex:
Do you have anything to show that you are into the said business? like proof of transaction.
Also, what kind of business is it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
dubaiboy1:

Thanks .

Have you paid taxes? You can get a clearance from Internal Revenue Service showing your remuneration!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
dubaiboy1:

Thanks .

Kindly pm me.....will tell you the procedure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2018
small scale farming and about 200 birds of poultry... No taxes paid Sir .

jnyuwa02:

Have you paid taxes? You can get a clearance from Internal Revenue Service showing your remuneration!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
I sent you a message

bbclue:

Kindly pm me.....will tell you the procedure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shegxyt: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
canadabyfire:

When was the visit from BCI to your house? before August 1st, 2018 ?

Yes. Did you come with them? ...Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
dubaiboy1:
small scale farming and about 200 birds of poultry... No taxes paid Sir .

Just show consistent money into your account. But just 200 birds is of trifling insignificance to show as a job to induce your return back to Nigeria. Focus in your SOP on your job prospects in Nigeria with your course of study in Canada after return.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shegxyt: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
leki10:
Hello, congratulation.
I am new here.
I applied for admission at calgary for spring 2019,please can i contact you for enquiries? and how

thanks.

Yes please. Which school did u apply to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by leki10(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
shegxyt:

Yes please. Which school did u apply to?
Calgary... How can I reach you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shegxyt: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Where was your trv processed?

@Lag2Can...... na London oo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
Boss, I tried to send a message but didn't go through .. Mind if you PM me ? Thank you.

jnyuwa02:

Just show consistent money into your account. But just 200 birds is of trifling insignificance to show as a job to induce your return back to Nigeria. Focus in your SOP on your job prospects in Nigeria with your course of study in Canada after return.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2018
mightyola:
Please any June online applicant yet to get an update?

We dey here oh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
mightyola:
Please house can you indulge me, by providing me the email addresses of visa processing offices. I need to send them an email

Applied on 3rd of June
August 7th Review Eligibility
August 8th went back to we are processing your application.

Since then, no update.

Would appreciate if Someone can help me with the email addresses. Please oo

I have the same exact situation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shegxyt: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2018
leki10:

Calgary... How can I reach you?

I have sent you a message......calgary is not a school. Lets talk more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dwebb55:

I have the same exact situation!

I have answered this question before you are not listening that is all. Review of eligibility is almost never started and it goes back to pending. Possibly a few of your documents needed to be further vetted and it went back to that department. I know some people here told you that it is a glitch that will correct itself within a few days. That it has not corrected itself after one week tells you something else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.