Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786051 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2018
AMEN!!

originally:

Thanks.I pray all June applicants get similar message as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Damsyangel23(f): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2018
originally:
June 12 online applicant
Medical just pop in 15th August
congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amihbkt767676: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Damsyangel23:
congrats

June 18th.
O Lord i put my trust in you!!!
Patiently waiting... medical mail and approval

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2018
Send them a mail, I know of someone that was in USA when they requested for her passport and she sent it from dere.

Naijaforeigner:

I applied on July 10. Thanks boss.

Please all the gurus in the house help me, can I submit my request letter in any Canadian embassy in the world?

I plan on leaving the UK tomorrow or Friday unfailingly or I should just post my passport with my request letter to the UK?

My UK visa expires next week Wednesday, if I submit my passport and I don’t get it on or before next week Wednesday, I would get a UK ban.

Please has anyone done it before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mistamajesty: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Clara2244:
yes it is
Then send a case specific enquiry to IRCC, reporting the system glitch, so they ll be in the know and respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2018
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2018
This TRV thing is tiring , honestly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bisimo: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2018
Naijaforeigner:
Guys I just got my request letter.

I can’t believe this. God is the greatest. I will get back to you guys shortly.

So happy for you!!! Thank GOD..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2018
When was the visit from BCI to your house? before August 1st, 2018 ?

shegxyt:

Thanks @jnyuwa02. I am surprised too...according to my wife they are blacks (a lady came in while a man was outside). They identified themselves as a staff from BCI (Background Checks International or so)... I have never heard about them before. They spent like 10 minutes asking questions about our relationship, her place of work, number of kids, who owns the building, where we were staying before relocation (Probably they wanted to confirm the information I provided on the CIC forms). Shortly after I got home and she told me that they just left.....I quickly dashed out to track them but without luck. Fear con begin dey catch me...why me because I have never heard about such on this platform. Also, when I applied for US Visas for my wife and kids......they questioned her (because I was not allowed in) on the kind of work that I do...especially when they saw Libya Visas....but they never said anything about USA, UK, UAE and other Africa & Asia Countries I have visited.

I am suspecting they just started doing this physical checks or may be they pick some applicants at random like you earlier said. Only God knows what they are looking for upandan. It is well...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

The desire to be lucky is universal. I can remember we argued and debated on the above subject matter ABOUT APPLICANTS HAVING STUDY GAPS
I hope this will stand as a clear evidence that 10 years study gaps will not pose to be a reason for a visa refusal once there is strong correlation between your intended program and current job role. Do your part by presenting a rational explanation letter, then hope and pray to be favoured by the whimsical Goddess of Good luck.

Cc: kpizzle
I tire bro, I was even trying to explain how he can tackle it and he just didn't want to hear. And the painful thing is he has been working for those 20 years which makes it even more easier to tackle. Well, it's one of those things

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2018
Osemigho:
When I see multiple invite from Nairaland, I know someone don cast something. Lol. How una Dey?

As I have always plead, student applicant are advised to check express entry. Trust me, The benefits are more than lower school fees.

For those going for masters without scholarship and would like to get a professional job afterwards, please volunteer and network well when schooling. Use your 20hrs/week off-campus permitted work to explore causal or part time professional employment in your field/desired organization. For those with scholarship, it is Kuku not your money. Otherwise, IMO, same advise apply. I am sorry to break the news, “man-know-man” dey Canada but they call it referral.

All the best.
Welcome back Oga boss, long time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2018
House, sooo I havent done a medical test and it shows on my profile that they are reviewing the result of my medical exam??
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2018
originally:
June 12 online applicant
Medical just pop in 15th August

Congratulations. Do you know when your eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2018
walecott:
House, sooo I havent done a medical test and it shows on my profile that they are reviewing the result of my medical exam??
What do you guys think?

If it’s an online application, I think it may be a good sign.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2018
walecott:
What do you guys think?

Congrats in adv you will soon get a medical request.

When did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 11:48am On Aug 15, 2018
123abcclown:

If it’s an online application, I think it may be a good sign.
But I have never done a medical test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bisimo: 11:55am On Aug 15, 2018
goldsmiths:

Without
Okay...
UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK
thompson rivers university
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Vancouver Island University
Royal road university (master of global business)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2018
123abcclown:

Congratulations. Do you know when your eligibility review started?

Last night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hopefulmind: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
prepare to go for medicals or book appointment. You should receive medical request form soon
walecott:
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please any June online applicant yet to get an update?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amihbkt767676: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
mightyola:

I applied june 18th
Background check started last week tuesday
Eligibility on thursday last week
Waiting for medical call up and approval.
It will come soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
Amen

amihbkt767676:

I applied june 18th
It will come soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2018
originally:

Last night

That was quick. Congrats again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please house can you indulge me, by providing me the email addresses of visa processing offices. I need to send them an email

Applied on 3rd of June
August 7th Review Eligibility
August 8th went back to we are processing your application.

Since then, no update.

Would appreciate if Someone can help me with the email addresses. Please oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2018
DrND:

Congrats in adv you will soon get a medical request.

When did u apply?
June 7th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dan90s: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
goldsmiths:
Please i am new here. I need to know if it's possible to study MBA in Canada without GMAT or GRE and if yes which universities can i do that.

Your best bet is Thompson Rivers University. I got accepted into their MBA program without GMAT. Though you might have to be patient during the application process but as long you have 2:1 in your undergrad you’re good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Shizzleadedapo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2018
amihbkt767676:

I applied june 18th
It will come soon.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
mcobex:
I tire bro, I was even trying to explain how he can tackle it and he just didn't want to hear. And the painful thing is he has been working for those 20 years which makes it even more easier to tackle. Well, it's one of those things

If it is earsier to tackle and he has been working 20 years in the field, shouldn’t it have been self evident to the VO in the first place? This tells me that is not an issue of progression, but more on convincing the VO that he would actually attend school and excel in school after all these years. Last time I checked he reserves the right to take your opinions so please easy on him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2018
mightyola:
Please house can you indulge me, by providing me the email addresses of visa processing offices. I need to send them an email

Applied on 3rd of June
August 7th Review Eligibility
August 8th went back to we are processing your application.

Since then, no update.

Would appreciate if Someone can help me with the email addresses. Please oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

I applied on July 10. Thanks boss.

Please all the gurus in the house help me, can I submit my request letter in any Canadian embassy in the world?

I plan on leaving the UK tomorrow or Friday unfailingly or I should just post my passport with my request letter to the UK?

My UK visa expires next week Wednesday, if I submit my passport and I don’t get it on or before next week Wednesday, I would get a UK ban.

Please has anyone done it before?

By the same virtues of after receiving biometrics notice, you can walk to any VFS office in the world and do such biometrics, it follows with equal force that you can submit your passport when the Canadian government requests it, to any VFS office in the world. So after you return to Nigeria, you can take your passport request letter to any VFS office ( Abuja or Lagos) and submit it along with your passport. You have to pay a little fee though called Passport Transmission Fee, where your passport is essentially transmitted to London. You can pick visa and passport in Nigeria when it is ready. Mighty congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2018
I'm yet to get an update... (medical) , although London replied to my mail few minutes ago .

mightyola:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Please do you have their email London and Lagos. Please share with me

When did you send them an email?

Banks039:
I'm yet to get an update... (medical) , although London replied to my mail few minutes ago .

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.