Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791177 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
amozag2018:
Leave it blank if it is your first time applying for a study permit.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
walecott:

Hopefully there'd be updates after the system maintenance tomorrow morning

I applied 29th June and got the update of eligibility review status after the system maintenance update of (last) Tuesday 14th July, 2018.

I have my finger crossed against tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kenechi072: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please guys.. Who is having issues with refund? Mine is more than 2 months now. What do i do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Some online July applicants are already getting passport request mail, let's pray that this holiday will not slow down things.

On this thread? Are they applicants from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrniceG: 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Good day all, i really need help on how to go abt applyin for admission with centennial college Ontario. I tried applying through their website but found it difficult filling the form. I wrote to them but i was told that centennial college do not require international applicants apply to them directly and not via Ontariocolleges.ca. I also wrote to another email but was told that at centennial college, u hv a designated international admission assistance for your country that will be happy to assist with your admission process every step. A link was given to connect with the international admission assistance e-mail & phone nuber. I did sent a mail & a reply was given on the steps and procedure on how to apply.

1. That I shuld send all the documents in one pdf file alongside with the proof of payment of the non-refundable administrative fee of $200cad.

2. After the application is assess and if the student is eligible to study with us, we request a deposit payment of $2,100 cad ( refundable in case of visa denial ) to guarantee the spot of the student into the program as well as to issues and send the letter of Acceptance (LOA) by mail.

After the application is processed, the student will have $2,300 cad in his/her account with us, and this amount will be used towards the payment of the first semester tuition fee.

NOTE: All this payment were requested to be made even before offer of admission letter given.

Once u receives d offer letter, u are expected to complete the first semester tuition fee in full on or before the first semester tuition fee du date which will stated on the offer letter.

I want to know if any one in the huz has apply with centennial college Ontario as an international applicants and if this are produre take even before offer of admission letter. I am applying for an advanced diploma program in Biomedical engineering technology with HND in Electrical electronic engineering in which with the admission requirement, i am qualify to apply.

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2018
When did you apply?

kceecool:
Yes oooo
Am tired sef
My second application and school resumes First week of September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
When did you apply?

annmmesoma:

mine is saying that and I don't like it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:
When did you apply?
6th June online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
Have you tried emailing any of the visa processing offices?.

annmmesoma:

6th June online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
uyplus:

On this thread? Are they applicants from Nigeria?
Yes... July 6 and July 26.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please guy did anyone have issues uploading documents in PDF formats on the site?
I have downloaded the new format and the size is all in kb... Any ideas on what can be done? Thinking of exporting documents to word documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:
Have you tried emailing any of the visa processing offices?.

I have already done that last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
henricson:
Please guy did anyone have issues uploading documents in PDF formats on the site?
I have downloaded the new format and the size is all in kb... Any ideas on what can be done? Thinking of exporting documents to word documents
The file should be below 4mb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2018
@Frankrobbn, mcobex, jnuywa

I'm curious to know if there has ever been an incidence where an applicant misses his/her resumption because CIC exceeded the visa processing time and issued the TRV much after resumption time because @ this current pace from the VO's, a lot of June applicants may miss their resumption date for the fall academic session. There's less than 2weeks left yet some applications are counting out ten weeks as against the standard nine weeks for June applicants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
Did any of them reply?

annmmesoma:

I have already done that last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
[quote author=bbclue post=70446755]

$5 ...approximately 8400[/quote
Ok. Thanks]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:
Did any of them reply?
yes,London replied me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
uyplus:

I'm curious to know if there has ever been an incidence where an applicant misses his/her resumption because CIC exceeded the visa processing time and issued the TRV much after resumption time because @ this current pace from the VO's, a lot of June applicants may miss their resumption date for the fall academic session. There's less than 2weeks left yet some applications are counting out ten weeks as against the standard nine weeks for June applicants.

They will request for the updated offer letter. If you defer your entry to winter, they will issue the visa to you but not in a hurry. Maybe around October
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lagos replied me. It will end with praise. My school has given me a deadline for 29th August, otherwise I will have to defer to Fall (January)

annmmesoma:

yes,London replied me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Senatorkolade:

They will request for the updated offer letter. If you defer your entry to winter, they will issue the visa to you but not in a hurry. Maybe around October

This isn't an answer to the question I raised! I asked about incidences where CIC defaulted by having an application stay above the average processing time, thereby causing an applicant to miss his/her resumption time. I never asked about admission deferrals!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:
Lagos replied me. It will end with praise. My school has given me a deadline for 29th August, otherwise I will have to defer to Fall (January)

i pray that God will favour us this week

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
Amen!!

annmmesoma:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
uyplus:

This isn't an answer to the question I raised! I asked about incidences where CIC defaulted by having an application stay above the average processing time, thereby causing an applicant to miss his/her resumption time. I never asked about admission deferrals!

What he meant is when CIC realizes that the applicant has missed his/her resumption date, they won't go ahead and issue TRV. They will rather request for a new offer letter with the new start date. So the applicant will have to defer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
uyplus:

A significant number of applicants last fall did make resumption because CIC was slow in processing their applications. They were later rejected and where approved, where asked to provide new admission letter for the winter or next available fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
annmmesoma:

Amen!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bridget149: 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
you will pay 200 cdn via flywire, then you are to send your documents (including the receipt for payment) as a single pdf file as described,to the designated email.
just as stated, you will receive your offer letter, after which you will pay 2100 cdn before you will be given your loa that you will now use to apply for visa....
MrniceG:
Good day all, i really need help on how to go abt applyin for admission with centennial college Ontario. I tried applying through their website but found it difficult filling the form. I wrote to them but i was told that centennial college do not require international applicants apply to them directly and not via Ontariocolleges.ca. I also wrote to another email but was told that at centennial college, u hv a designated international admission assistance for your country that will be happy to assist with your admission process every step. A link was given to connect with the international admission assistance e-mail & phone nuber. I did sent a mail & a reply was given on the steps and procedure on how to apply.

1. That I shuld send all the documents in one pdf file alongside with the proof of payment of the non-refundable administrative fee of $200cad.

2. After the application is assess and if the student is eligible to study with us, we request a deposit payment of $2,100 cad ( refundable in case of visa denial ) to guarantee the spot of the student into the program as well as to issues and send the letter of Acceptance (LOA) by mail.

After the application is processed, the student will have $2,300 cad in his/her account with us, and this amount will be used towards the payment of the first semester tuition fee.

NOTE: All this payment were requested to be made even before offer of admission letter given.

Once u receives d offer letter, u are expected to complete the first semester tuition fee in full on or before the first semester tuition fee du date which will stated on the offer letter.

I want to know if any one in the huz has apply with centennial college Ontario as an international applicants and if this are produre take even before offer of admission letter. I am applying for an advanced diploma program in Biomedical engineering technology with HND in Electrical electronic engineering in which with the admission requirement, i am qualify to apply.

Thanks,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:

I thought you said before that they gave you till today after that you will have to defer! How come you are saying August 29th now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
28th June
Biometrics 3rd July
Nothing has changed since then

mightyola:
When did you apply?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
jnyuwa02:

A significant number of applicants last fall did make resumption because CIC was slow in processing their applications. They were later rejected and where approved, where asked to provide new admission letter for the winter or next available fall.

Were the applicants delayed after they had undergone their medicals or they had never undergone any medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
uyplus:

Were the applicants delayed after they had undergone their medicals or they had never undergone any medicals?

I know at least one person who was delayed after been asked to undergo medicals. But asking you to go through medicals almost guarantees a visa. Almost all delayed had never been asked to undergo medicals.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
mightyola:
Any June online applicant still with "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Mighty,

What was Lagos response to your mail to them, yet to get response from them...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ManTiger(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello everyone, I read somewhere online that a biometric is now valid for 10yrs, I even go to vfs page to confirm and below is what I saw...

My question, how can one go about it, has anyone try or willing to try soon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.