Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (794981 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is not a fall exclusive application. It is a fall/winter acceptance. Why would you think anyone here is discouraging anyone?

Hello sir. You just added the word "exclusive" now. I responded based on your statement which you have slightly adjusted without acknowledging that it might have not been entirely correct.

Your unrelenting assistance on the thread is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
aivewobhor:
Eligibility review since last week Monday. I did upfront medical which I sent to CIC and it was updated as pass and that was last week Wednesday. Uptill now no update, only eligibility review. Pls gurus in the house can u pls explain what's happening pls because resumption date is 3rd of September. I applied online June 30.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
uyplus:
@Frankrobbn, mcobex, jnuywa

I'm curious to know if there has ever been an incidence where an applicant misses his/her resumption because CIC exceeded the visa processing time and issued the TRV much after resumption time because @ this current pace from the VO's, a lot of June applicants may miss their resumption date for the fall academic session. There's less than 2weeks left yet some applications are counting out ten weeks as against the standard nine weeks for June applicants.
Sorry for answering late, not been online since.
Yes CIC can delay issuance of TRV after resumption. Applicant should always update his/her school how far with the application, so the school can advise on the next steps to take. Most schools give students 14days extra(after the resumption date) to resume and if after that CIC still is yet to respond, the applicant will be advised to defer the admission to the next available term/session. Once the admission has been deferred,the school will issue a new offer letter to the student cos CIC will request for it once they are ready to approve the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
uyplus:

This isn't an answer to the question I raised! I asked about incidences where CIC defaulted by having an application stay above the average processing time, thereby causing an applicant to miss his/her resumption time. I never asked about admission deferrals!
Yes there has been instances, I have witnessed 3
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hello. I submitted my application on July 27th and eligibility review started August 18th. Please can I attached a letter of explanation detailing how my previous refusal reasons has been tackled. I wrote an sop but I didn’t explain how I’ve tackled the previous reasons but I used the reasons to repackage and reapply. Advice please? Can I still write and mail it to cic to be attached to my documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
I had just 35CAD and 50USD when i entered. They didn't even ask how much i had with me. So if you have 1000CAD cash, you are super good to go, and don't forget to mention that you have money in your account and you have a debit card to access it.

They asked for proof of funds, and i mentioned my brother was my sponsor, and that was it even though i had a copy of the account statement.

Cheers

kylexy61:
Hello knowledgeable seniors.

Will the officers at the POE be satisfied if carry around 1,000CAD as physical cash, considering that I'm being fully funded by the University?

I have additional funds in bank account here in Ghana which I intend to accesa via atm once I reach Canada. I have already contacted the bank and confirmed that I can use the atm in Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
mcobex:
Yes there has been instances, I have witnessed 3

Were the affected applicants you know about delayed after being ordered by IRCC to undergo medicals or they were never asked to go for medicals and their final decisions were delayed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Carlz1:
Hello. I submitted my application on July 27th and eligibility review started August 18th. Please can I attached a letter of explanation detailing how my previous refusal reasons has been tackled. I wrote an sop but I didn’t explain how I’ve tackled the previous reasons but I used the reasons to repackage and reapply. Advice please? Can I still write and mail it to cic to be attached to my documents?

Since you have explained yourself in the SOP, leave everything to God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eseries(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
application date 3rd May, biometrics done 5th May. School to resume 4 September and I am expected to arrive 27th August yet my application is still being processed.

I feared for this so I started my application early yet the Canadian embassy wants to frustrate me.

Gurus in the house, what can I do? I am panicking already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
galala123:

You are not correct. Everyone should be encouraged to try their luck as such information may discourage some applicants from asking the school what may be possible.

Hmmmmmmm it is well......lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

This is not a fall exclusive application. It is a fall/winter acceptance. Why would you think anyone here is discouraging anyone?

Whether It Is Fall OR Spring OR Summer.....AL Is same..Someone Just Brought Out Acceptance Letter
....and mine is the same with galala123......and I notice something from the school...if someone visa is refused and you email the school for deferment...they will email you back that you still have other semester to apply to..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
uyplus:

Were the affected applicants you know about delayed after being ordered by IRCC to undergo medicals or they were never asked to go for medicals and their final decisions were delayed?
None of the 3 were delayed. If CIC ask you to go for medical then you have 99.99% of getting approved. Have you been asked to go for medical? and how long has your app been with CIC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Eseries:
application date 3rd May, biometrics done 5th May. School to resume 4 September and I am expected to arrive 27th August yet my application is still being processed.

I feared for this so I started my application early yet the Canadian embassy wants to frustrate me.

Since your app has exceeded the normal processing time you should mail CIC and politely remind them your school is about to resume (though they are aware of the resumption date)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
bbclue:

Whether It Is Fall OR Spring OR Summer.....AL Is same..Someone Just Brought Out Acceptance Letter
....and mine is the same with galala123......and I notice something from the school...if someone visa is refused and you email the school for deferment...they will email you back that you still have other semester to apply to..
The letter galala123 posted is valid for Fall and Winter, if for instance CIC doesn't not respond till after winter(whuch we don't pray for) then he will have to request for a new offer letter from his school. The validity of the offer letter is boldly stated on it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please quick question, if someone is doing a Bsc in health informatics in Germany and wants to transfer to a uni in Canada, is it possible? And has anyone tried it before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
mcobex:
None of the 3 were delayed. If CIC ask you to go for medical then you have 99.99% of getting approved. Have you been asked to go for medical? and how long has your app been with CIC?

Paper route: Applied Jun 12; Medical mail 2 Aug; medicals 6 Aug; medical passed updated 11 Aug; application 10wks old; resumption date 4 Sept.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
Just got my approval mail.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Carlz1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
walecott:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2018
Eseries:

There is cause for panicking. You need to write the COC office processing your application right away and highlight them about your problem! Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
walecott:
This is good news... Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
mcobex:

I won’t put it that high at 99.99 percent. That is almost perfect which in the world of CIC does not exist. I have seen a few people last fall who didn’t make it even after medical was called—for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Fustinachichi:
Please quick question, if someone is doing a Bsc in health informatics in Germany and wants to transfer to a uni in Canada, is it possible? And has anyone tried it before?

It is very possible, you have to give more than a reasonable justification for transfer. Maybe language continues to be a barrier for you in Germany or perhaps you sighted a better research and scholarship opportunity across the Atlantic Ocean.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
walecott:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=Carlz1 post=70481513][/quote]

Yes you can. But I will advice against it this late if your previous application made reasonable explanations albeit imperfectly. Many think they submitted a deficient application and God often surprises them. I will advice you pray.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ghabrhiel10: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
walecott:

Congrats man!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Been offered a scholarship doesn’t mean you have no money of your own. Canada offers scholarship not based on need, but merits. Yes you can be in possession of $1k and maintain however money you have in your bank account anywhere.

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
walecott:
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
harde116:
I had just 35CAD and 50USD when i entered. They didn't even ask how much i had with me. So if you have 1000CAD cash, you are super good to go, and don't forget to mention that you have money in your account and you have a debit card to access it.

They asked for proof of funds, and i mentioned my brother was my sponsor, and that was it even though i had a copy of the account statement.

Cheers

Thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
mcobex:
The letter galala123 posted is valid for Fall and Winter, if for instance CIC doesn't not respond till after winter(whuch we don't pray for) then he will have to request for a new offer letter from his school. The validity of the offer letter is boldly stated on it.

Yes boss ...we are on d same line

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Congrats walecott
walecott:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Fustinachichi:

Is possible to transfer.......check any of the school website for transfer .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.