Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,960 members, 7,852,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (802921 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 22, 2018
I want to do the survey of my land, do you think doing it in my name as husband is better doing in my name and my wife name.

I the husband will be applying for student visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2018
@jnyuwa02 pls help the poor boy have been refuse 3 times and I want to be successful this 4th time
jnyuwa02:

That is part of the reason, at 27 starting university. You have to have a very convincing SOP proving you really want to be a genuine student. You have some 8+ years study gap is my my beleive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:41am On Aug 22, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02 pls help the poor boy have been refuse 3 times and I want to be successful this 4th time

What are the grounds of refusal on all three refusals? I am guessing purpose of visit on all three?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 9:53am On Aug 22, 2018
joe10:

You can have it done same day when you arrive early enough. When i submitted mine i arrived as early as 5:30AM, was number 3 on the queue and submitted same day without previous appointment. 'No guts no glory' if Chevron invited for a job interview at 5:30AM, i strongly believe you could make it before the appointment.
@joe10 it's been a while, sup with your app
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2018
@jnyuwa02 pls let me have you email so that I will be able to mail them to you
jnyuwa02:

What are the grounds of refusal on all three refusals? I am guessing purpose of visit on all three?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 10:39am On Aug 22, 2018
This is my 3rd refusal ground but my gcms note is 24 days today so hopefully next week they will mail me
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Bro I dey o!!..Aysem gave me till 29th of August to defer if I don't have a study permit by then.

Try and toast Aysem (aonar@fanshawec.ca) very well, I am sure he can pull some strings for you to resume in September. I doubt you will get any help from Faduma Green (intafrica@fanshawec.ca) and I am talking from experience. You can send Aysem a side email without copying intafrica@fanshawec.ca, a note to her soft side, I am sure she will help.

Naijaforeigner:

Mightyola how far bro, did you defer? Mailed the school to tell them I might be late for resumption as I just submitted my passport on Monday but did not get a response from them. The emails I sent to are below.

I sent emails to aonar@fanshawec.ca and intafrica@fanshawec.ca

Modified: I requested for extension till the 10th of September and Aysem replied Almost immediately (early morning).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jumxie(f): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2018
mightyola:
Bro I dey o!!..Aysem gave me till 29th of August to defer if I don't have a study permit by then.

Try and toast Aysem (aonar@fanshawec.ca) very well, I am sure he can pull some strings for you to resume in September. I doubt you will get any help from Faduma Green (intafrica@fanshawec.ca) and I am talking from experience. You can send Aysem a side email without copying intafrica@fanshawec.ca, a note to her soft side, I am sure she will help.

you are right,have been following this thread silently,I am also going to fanshawe, I mailed them and she gave me till sept 18th
My application is still on background check... I applied June 14th, hoping for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2018
mightyola:

Thanks so much bro, you seem to know these people very well. I will do as you have mentioned.

How far with your application? Eligibility review started?

PLease is there anyone on this forum currently at Fanshawe College? I need accommodation for September close to school (not going to be a liability, I will pay)... please help me abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Was your question in terms of just the admission process or the visa process?

Visa process....like can I apply for Canadian study visa from Germany?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2018
But seriously where are u people getting money for school fees and accommodation and bank statement.....Canada is expensive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Geenosko: 11:29am On Aug 22, 2018
Fustinachichi:
But seriously where are u people getting money for school fees and accommodation and bank statement.....Canada is expensive

Very strange question.
Not everyone is poor.
No offense.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Ggetter50:

Actually, these reasons can be stated when applying for TRV but not for admission processing. No justification for credit transfer on admission processing stage. Just make sure you have adequate credit, and that you have done related courses in the field of study you are transferring to.

The asker was only asking to know if credit transfer from Germany to Canada is possible which you have answered. Note that I’m not attacking your post but just to clear the notion that someone needs to “give more than reasonable justification on admission processing level”

But of course, he will give more than reasonable justification to the VO on the reason for credit transfer when applying for TRV.

God bless you.

Okay you wrote a thesis proffering to know better the question and that I got the question wrong and the asker was only asking about the admission process and I answered based on the visa process. Now the asker has responded infact saying it was the visa process he was asking like I surmised. Clap for yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2018
Fustinachichi:

Visa process....like can I apply for Canadian study visa from Germany?

That was what I thought you were asking about and I answered and some other person proffered to know better your question, that you were asking about Admission. These Nairalanders sef, Na wa ooh!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2018
olugere:
I want to do the survey of my land, do you think doing it in my name as husband is better doing in my name and my wife name.

I the husband will be applying for student visa.

The survey plan can be in your name since you're the owner of the land.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2018
yungreezy:
Please for people that applied via paper route, how do you know when you have a medical request? Tracking an application through the vfs page with the cala number and it just shows application is being processed.

You will receive an email correspondence indicating that there is an update in your MyCiC account. Upon successful login, you will see the medical request form at the beneath of your account messages. If you didn't link your application online, you will get the medical request form sent via email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
Am saying doing it joint name of my wife and I, does it have any negative on me using as my property

Frankrobbn1:

The survey plan can be in your name since you're the owner of the land.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02 @bbclue @mcobex and the other house mate pls am in need of your help am 27year pls can my Age be behind my refusal (27 years old going for bachelor degree)

This age of a thing....even if v.O refused someone visa they will not write the person is above the age in studying for bsc program....what me I think is a very strong sop....like what someone from this forum did he has hnd and the agent told him to apply for bsc...of which he did but he was refused 3 time based on purpose of visit.....but I just advice him to apply for another admission for a pgd in a university of which he did and he apply for visa to God be the glory....he was granted just 1 year visa for his pgd program.....and the guy is 28years.................but am sure you will have O.N.d certificate if yes....you can apply for direct entry or advanced diploma......some school in Canada do accept direct entry....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
olugere:
Am saying doing it joint name of my wife and I, does it have any negative on me using as my property

Its does not instead it will boost your application ......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2018
Cherryola:
Ok my GCMS NOTE is 24 days today so hopefully next they will mail me for it pls this gonna be my 4th app I will need your support this time cause I don't want to get refuse again pls can I have your whatsapp number
I am very busy at the moment and might not have time to chat with you on WhatsApp but once your GCMS note is ready upload it here so everyone can help out with it. When did you graduate from secondary school and what have you been doing since then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Naijaforeigner: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2018
jumxie:
you are right,have been following this thread silently,I am also going to fanshawe, I mailed them and she gave me till sept 18th
My application is still on background check... I applied June 14th, hoping for the best

Are you serious? They gave you till September 18th? Make I toast that babe wella so that she go make me enjoy this my Lagos stay before moving to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Thanks, I will do it in joint name of my wife and I, thereafter I will use it for student visa

bbclue:

Its does not instead it will boost your application ......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oskydaniellyyy: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hello house,

I submitted my application online 21 august nd I have been mailed to go for biometrics .

Can I still upload the other pages of my CAC documents through the CIC case enquiries form, I only uploaded the first page of my company CAC documents when I submitted my application .

Hope to hear good response.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
@mcobex @jnyuwa02 @bbclue pls help me out I only have OND certificate with me I graduate from secondary school in (2010)2011/2012 seeking for admission so attending jamb leeson and gain admission to ibadan ploy in 2013 to study OND in business administration I graduate in 2016 after that been working voluntary until Dec 2017 now fully employ as admin service manager in my uncle company who's also my sponsor pls am 27 having only OND is bcs the right choice for me to choose
mcobex:
I am very busy at the moment and might not have time to chat with you on WhatsApp but once your GCMS note is ready upload it here so everyone can help out with it. When did you graduate from secondary school and what have you been doing since then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Okay you wrote a thesis proffering to know better the question and that I got the question wrong and the asker was only asking about the admission process and I answered based on the visa process. Now the asker has responded infact saying it was the visa process he was asking like I surmised. Clap for yourself.
I can choose to ignore you, but you seem to always engage people in competition on this thread. You don’t always want anyone to say otherwise of whatever you say on here, you will perhaps make the person your competitor and come back to twist and prove that you are the one correct. Even after I stated that I’m not trying to attack you, but just to clear notion that you don’t need much justification for credit transfer on admission processing, yet you still went ahead to display your childish behaviour.

I’m sure my analysis was distinct enough to have differentiated the credit transfer on admission stage from visa stage.

I’m not supposed to clap for myself, but you are supposed to do so because you have won now.. Nobody is dragging that position with you. You are number one on this thread. Cheers, enjoy your position.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
jnyuwa02:

That was what I thought you were asking about and I answered and some other person proffered to know better your question, that you were asking about Admission. These Nairalanders sef, Na wa ooh!!
Lol, so anyone that states otherwise of what you say means s/he knows better Very childish talk. Bro, rise above all these !!! This is not necessary !!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Senatorkolade: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
Naijaforeigner:

Are you serious? They gave you till September 18th? Make I toast that babe wella so that she go make me enjoy this my Lagos stay before moving to Canada.

The unknown fact is that most fall entries in Canada have September 18 the last date to resume. You won't know if you don't toast them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
Landing Gist:

Booked Royal Air Maroc for August 17. Got to the airport around 4am because the flight takes off by 6:05am. I got to the check in counter and my two check in luggage weighed slightly over 26kg and hand luggage weighed about 14kg plus another backpack that weighed about 10kg. The man at the counter asked me to remove some items but God’s favor came through as another man came and told the man am a student and he should allow my luggage go through. It was a great relief and he heeded. Seems it was his boss! Then counter guy started acting friendly and asking for something lol my mum gave him 1k and he still tasked me again. Gave him #500, he said that’s not his money that I should add another #500 because he’s helping me send through the 14kg hand luggage with the checkin bags so I don’t have to be stressed carrying 10kg back pack and the bag. I sha gave him and he said he would come and collect the 14kg bag at the boarding gate to add to the check in bags, which he did. Then I proceeded to immigration and customs, they asked for bribe also. Just ensure you hold like 1k and give 500 to immigration and 500 to customs else they will just scatter your bag for floor and you have to start repacking. Got to the preboarding gate and they searched again and asked for bribe, I told them I have spent all the naira on me. Those ones will just open and close your bag and not scatter it. By 5:30 we have already boarded. The plane took off at about 5:55am. Contrary to the bad reviews people give about Royal Air Maroc, I must say I would recommend them to anyone because their plane is very neat, spacious and fast. Also, their pilots are great! Take off, the journey and landing was very smooth! We landed in Morocco at about 10:05am and the waiting begins! 7 hours 25mins stop over. I must note to you that they speak only French and Arabic in Morocco. Only very few can speak English and all their sign posts are in French. Just look at the screens to know the gate you will be waiting for your connecting flight. Also announcements are in French, and they are not really organized as they changed our boarding gate 3 times! So you have to be checking the screens every hour prior to your departure so that you won’t miss your flight! We boarded flight to Montreal at about 4:30pm. It was a much larger plane and the passengers mere more so it was not until 5:50pm that the plane was filled with the checks and all. We took off from Morocco at about 6:20pm. We got to Montreal at about 7:55pm same day Aug 17 which is 12:55am naija time Aug 18. At the POE, you have to fill out your information on a computer system and make declaration of what you brought in. After that, you will proceed to the boarder Officer. Our conversation goes thus:

Boarder Officer: Salut
Me: English Please
Border Officer: Hello, why are you in Canada?
Me: To study
Boarder Officer: Which School?
Me: Concordia University
Boarder Officer: Oh great! What program?
Me: MEng Electrical and Computer Engineering
Boarder Officer: Okay! You declared you have other food apart from those listed on the computer screen and also that you have an extra bag. What is it and what’s in the bag?
Me: Yam floor, beans. I have my clothes in the extra bag
Boarder Officer: Okay! You can hand over your document

I gave her my LOI, CAQ and admission letter but she only collected the LOI and gave me back the other documents. She entered some infos on the LOI into her system and gave me a paper which she stamped and asked me to proceed to immigration office 2 and She said “Welcome to Canada” with a big grin. So I proceeded to the immigration room, was asked to get a ticket number from a computer and sit till they call the number on my ticket.

When it was my turn. I went to the immigration officer and he asked what I have in my bag, I told him yam floor, beans and vegetables. He said okay and collected the stamped slip the boarder Officer gave to me. He asked if I applied to a different program to facilitate the issue of my study permit. I said no (forgetting I applied for on acru plus program for International students coming into Quebec so as to ensure your study permit is printed before you arrive and you have to ask the boarder Officer where their desk is to get your study permit). So he asked me to sit and went to their desk to bring my study permit. And he said This is it! with all smile on entering the room back lol. He gave it to me and asked me to proceed to get my luggage. Had to wait a while for my 3 bags to drop. Then I proceeded to the exit, there were custom officers, I showed them my study permit and they asked me to go.

Montreal is a very beautiful place but they speak more of French here. Even those wey sabi English go first speak French. So prepare to learn French but it’s not compulsory. You can still live here as part of the population are bilingual. House rents are affordable and food too.

Canada fine o!

Montreal fine but Toronto Final lol came in Toronto yesterday. Enjoying one week hols before orientation kicks off next week. The only thing is Toronto is more expensive than Montreal.

I wish all TRV hopefuls the best and God’s Speed.

We are waiting for you here!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
Fustinachichi:

lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
How far any luck on your app?.

Biakwa:

Mighty,

What was Lagos response to your mail to them, yet to get response from them...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Eligibility has not started.

If you are looking for off campus accommodation, try this link

https://www.fanshawec.ca/student-life/campus-services/housing/campus-housing.

or email offcampushousing@fanshawec.ca for details.

Please which of them is "sharing" Sept 18th Faduma or Aysem?

Naijaforeigner:

Thanks so much bro, you seem to know these people very well. I will do as you have mentioned.

How far with your application? Eligibility review started?

PLease is there anyone on this forum currently at Fanshawe College? I need accommodation for September close to school (not going to be a liability, I will pay)... please help me abeg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ggetter50:

Lol, so anyone that states otherwise of what you say means s/he knows better Very childish talk. Bro, rise above all these !!! This is not necessary !!!

Just calling your bluff that is all. Anyone is free to say otherwise if you have something substantive to say I will hear. I have respect for logic and truth of matter. You assumed you knew better and was pretty audacious about knowing the question better. I was like ok maybe I misconstrued the asker. And then when the asker came later and asked what he really meant and it tallied with my initial understanding of the question and not yours, I was taken aback on how people can be so self confident here and yet so wrong. That is all. That you choose to use ad-hominem tactics of response now, is left to the judgment of the public who is childish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.