Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785668 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2018
mightyola:
Any Update. Are we the only June Applicants left?.

We dey here! The Lord is on our side, one way or the other, it will end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Loonyy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
good day everyone, I am new here and I've read quite a few testimonies, comments, observations and sampled opinions. great work Guy's..
I want to understand everything about the Canadian student Visa.
I having a Bsc in Environmental Resources Management (3.65) and would love to further in Canada.
my questions are:
whats my starting point?
which school is affordable?
what are the likely requirements?
Una Thanchu Oooooh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by naija2(f): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
papijulah:

Upfront medical?
Yeah. Upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by henricson(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tnablack:
henricson

henricson:

I submitted my application since July without the temporary resident visa imm5257. What does this means?

It was stated as optional. If you were able to submit your application. I guess it's not an issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
blessedness:
Please house can i go to the children practice without booking an appointment, will they attend to me?

Yes, the children practice

Go there very early, before 8 am
Talk to them as soon as they begin attending to people by 8am. Make sure you talk!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
realshifu:
Approval Alert! Long Post Alert Too.

I applied on July 26th online. I received a medical request August 8th, I did it the next day in PH. My medicals was updated as pass earlier today around 11am, and about 30mins ago, the approval and Passport request landed.

Msc, McGill University
Documents submitted.
My Sponsor is my Fiancée's Sister. I submitted her personal and business' statements of account (She is a small business owner), with a combined balance of about 13 million naira after she has transferred my estimated tuition fee for 1 year to me (1.2m).
Sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship letter.
CAC documents of her business
My Fiancée's and my Sponsor’s birth certificates and my Sponsor’s International passport data page (single travel history to dubai).
Sponsor’s family picture of about 8years ago showing me at her convocation ceremony from the University (My Fiancée is in the picture too).
My engagement dinner picture with my Fiancee.

SOP(2 pages)
Resume (It shows my two research publications in international peer-reviewed journals and my current project)
Statement of my long-standing Mutual funds investment account with ARM (1.4m current balance).
TOEFL Result (I wrote it last year for another purpose, McGill didn't require it from me, but I sha submitted it anyway in the rush)
Offer letter from McGill.
CAQ approval letter from Quebec.
Email approval of my Differential Fee Waiver Award from McGill (This DFW allows me to pay tuition and other fees at Quebec rate which is about 1.2m (4120 CAD) instead of International rate which is 19820 CAD).
My NYSC call-up letter, and PPA posting letter (I am currently a youth corper).
My MDCN Annual Practicing License.
My birth certificate, University degree and Transcript.
Parents' and my 4 siblings' birth certificates.
My retired father's landed property and valuation (I didn't do deed of transfer). Valued at 8m.
My father's RSA statement as at when he retired years ago. Balance was 4m.

I was denied Visa twice in the space of a month last year to go and present one of my research work in New York. Also, I was denied a UK visa this last May to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as one of the youth delegates representing Nigeria at the last concluded CHOGM in London. I had another paper to present early last month in London too, however, I couldn't even dare apply for a visa again, so I begged one of my co-authors to make the presentation. He already had a UK visa. I have never travelled out of this country before as an adult so my passport is Virgin.

I didn't pay for Tuition, McGill generally doesn't allow you pay tuition until you have both your CAQ and your Study Permit.

I thank God for His mercies, as I didn't know I will be applying for the study permit until days before that July 26th. But God practically fast-tracked my approval. Thanks to @jnyuwa02 and @frankrobben for their immense contributions to this group. I arranged my documents in a hurry based on their back and forth on this thread from day 1.

If their is anything to learn from this my divine grace, is that no two applications are the same. And to always say the truth too. I explained all my visa denials and I filled in the TB part of the application that I recently managed a patient that was diagnosed of Tuberculosis under my care and I was in close contact with him as his Doctor for weeks. I didn't know how such information could have affected my application, but I couldn't bring myself to lying about such exposure while I was filling the form.

Last last, I Thank God!
Please how did you do the differential fee waiver?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
jnyuwa02 please did u get my mail ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blessedness(f): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Doyenrey:

Yes, the children practice

Go there very early, before 8 am
Talk to them as soon as they begin attending to people by 8am. Make sure you talk!

You are a life saver!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Doyenrey: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
blessedness:

You are a life saver!!

Lol please, make sure you let them know you didn't book an appointment right after they open, the lady that helped me was rude but still helped, so be persistent.

note that you might get to spend the whole day there lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by realshifu: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ysakaws:

Please how did you do the differential fee waiver?

I didn't apply for it, as there is no separate application to that effect. It's by departmental nomination. Each departments have their own criteria for nomination which I am not privy to. All I know was I received an email stating I have been nominated for it, then later I received confirmation email saying the GPS has approved it. I hope my answer is helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Henkubert: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
I am new on this forum though I have been following this forum since May 19 when I applied online for my study permit.Since May 19 no response from the CIC until 21st I got a medical request on the 21st of August a day to my resumption in the university of Winnipeg Manitoba (Pace)

I have done my medicals on the 23 though my medical has not been update.

I already called my school for differer and I was giving a new addmision letter for February 2019.

Please what are my chances of getting a study permit visa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
blessedness:
Please house can i go to the children practice without booking an appointment, will they attend to me?

Yes. Just get there before 8am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
Henkubert:
I am new on this forum though I have been following this forum since May 19 when I applied online for my study permit.Since May 19 no response from the CIC until 21st I got a medical request on the 21st of August a day to my resumption in the university of Winnipeg Manitoba (Pace)

I have done my medicals on the 23 though my medical has not been update.

I already called my school for differer and I was giving a new addmision letter for February 2019.

Please what are my chances of getting a study permit visa

You will almost certainly get your VISA. Medical request is a very good sign as I am yet to anyone here get rejected after a medical request.

Congratulations (in advance).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
URGENT!

Please after submitting the passport (in response to passport request),how long does it take for it to be returned?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ysakaws: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
drhammed:

I was not asked to submit GRE or TOEFL. And Yes, got admitted
Please like how much is the tuition fee for a year Also, did you get funding in anyway by the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Hang in there, it won’t tarry too long anymore since it’s already on eligibility of review the last stage of the procedural review. I personally beleive you will be able to get a decision before your start day. Wishing you the best in the coming days or week or couple of weeks.

Thanks, will be waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
galala123:

I pray it ends well. May you received your passport with visa shortly.

Did you do medicals upfront? Please scrutinise you mailbox and SPAM folder in case you missed a mail from them requesting you to do something.

Amen
Yes I did medicals upfront
Ok they have replied my mail.
They said I will get response in the following days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
jydorchem:
URGENT!

Please after submitting the passport (in response to passport request),how long does it take for it to be returned?
5 to 7 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sisikemo: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
APPROVAL ALERT

Sorry this is coming late. I've also been an observer on this thread as well. i was supposed to share with the house but i've been very busy lately plus i wanted to hold the visa in my hand first to see for myself..lool (because CIC people are always surprising us) but after i saw what @mackano wrote i decided to just sharing pending the arrival of my passport.

Program- MBA
School- University of New Brunswick

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th
Biometric letter came in June 13th
Biometric done June 14th at VFS Lagos
Medical request August 14th
medicals done August 17th at IOM ikeja
medicals updated to pass August 19th
Passport request August 23rd
Submitted my Passport August 24th at vfs and i was told to cexpect it in 5-10 working days of which im currently waiting for at the moment

Documents submitted:
My Dad's SOA because he is my sponsor (sufficient one)
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
3. letter of sponsorship signed by my dad,
4.WAEC result,
5 Call to Bar Certificate and CV,
6. SOP (the SOP i used was the one i wrote for my school in other to get admission there, i did not know i was supposed to write a different SOP for Visa,
7. Admission letter,
8.Acceptance deposit of 1k (i did not pay tuition before applying)and passport bio data page.

i finished uni in 2015, then i went to law school, finished in 2016, finished NYSC in December last year (2017) and as that time i submitted my application i was not working then (unlike now). All in all i forgot to submit a lot of things like police certificate and all, i did not even put home ties or submit any information on my siblings or any other thing. when i joined this thread i discovered i did not submit a whole LOT of things and my application looked watery to me and i was scared cause a friend who is an agent did my application for me for free so i was getting jittery.

But regardless i believe that it was just God that helped me out because i was already losing hope. To all the TRV hopefuls it will definitely end in praise. this last week of august will not pass anyone by. there shall be no denials or deferrals just positive vibes only. Thanks to everyone that contributed in this group, i've really learnt a lot.

@jibola, Ralph Daniels, Onyi, Dami, Ruth and Florence, kingfintan it will definitely end in praise

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by naija2(f): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
123abcclown:

You will almost certainly get your VISA. Medical request is a very good sign as I am yet to anyone here get rejected after a medical request.

Congratulations (in advance).
I pray so for myself too. Waiting since july.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dear friends,

I received my Gcms note today. Kindly find the last page showing review application for your advice

Best regards
Muizzzz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dear friends,

I received my Gcms note today. Kindly find the last page showing review application for your advice

Best regards
Muizzzz

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lagos2canna:

5 to 7 working days

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amazonrck: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
sisikemo:
APPROVAL ALERT

Sorry this is coming late. I've also been an observer on this thread as well. i was supposed to share with the house but i've been very busy lately plus i wanted to hold the visa in my hand first to see for myself..lool (because CIC people are always surprising us) but after i saw what @mackano wrote i decided to just sharing pending the arrival of my passport.

Program- MBA

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th
Submitted my Passport August 24th at vfs and i was told to cexpect it in 5-10 working days of which im currently waiting for at the moment

Documents submitted:
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
4.WAEC result,
6. SOP (the SOP i used was the one i wrote for my school in other to get admission there, i did not know i was supposed to write a different SOP for Visa,
7. Admission letter,
8.Acceptance deposit of 1k (i did not pay tuition before applying)and passport bio data page.

i finished uni in 2015, then i went to law school, finished in 2016, finished NYSC in December last year (2017) and as that time i submitted my application i was not working then (unlike now). All in all i forgot to submit a lot of things like police certificate and all, i did not even put home ties or submit any information on my siblings or any other thing. when i joined this thread i discovered i did not submit a whole LOT of things and my application looked watery to me and i was scared cause a friend who is an agent did my application for me for free so i was getting jittery.

But regardless i believe that it was just God that helped me out because i was already losing hope. To all the TRV hopefuls it will definitely end in praise. this last week of august will not pass anyone by. there shall be no denials or deferrals just positive vibes only. Thanks to everyone that contributed in this group, i've really learnt a lot.

@jibola, Ralph Daniels, Onyi, Dami, Ruth and Florence, kingfintan it will definitely end in praise
sisikemo:
APPROVAL ALERT

Program- MBA

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th

Documents submitted:
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
4.WAEC result,
7. Admission letter,

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Quick one please
For paper application, do you have to book an appointment at VFS?
How should our letters be addressed?
Are imm1294e, imm5645e and imm5257 the only CIC documents we are to fill and print out online?
Is the signature done with biro?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ezriela: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
Congrats sisikemo

sisikemo:
APPROVAL ALERT

Program- MBA

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th

Documents submitted:
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
4.WAEC result,
7. Admission letter,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HenryTboy: 7:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hi Everyone.
I’m new here and need your advice.

I have an ordinary diploma in cooperative economics and management.
I have a degree in Business education (option of cooperative econs and commerce).

Have almost identical GPA of 3.39 degree and 3.38 on respectively.

Looking to apply for a PGD in economics.

Done with nysc 2017.

What are my chances ? option on which universities offer PGD in economics will be very helpful. Looking to apply for September 2019 academics session.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
muizzzz:
Dear friends,

Best regards
Muizzzz
What's the difference between this your gcms note and the rejection letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
HenryTboy:
Hi Everyone.
I’m new here and need your advice.

I have an ordinary diploma in cooperative economics and management.
I have a degree in Business education (option of cooperative econs and commerce).

Have almost identical GPA of 3.39 degree and 3.38 on respectively.

Looking to apply for a PGD in economics.

Done with nysc 2017.

What are my chances ? option on which universities offer PGD in economics will be very helpful. Looking to apply for September 2019 academics session.
You will easily get admission on education even in master's than in economics, well is your choice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
sisikemo:
APPROVAL ALERT

Program- MBA

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th

Documents submitted:
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
4.WAEC result,
7. Admission letter,

Congratulations dear

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.