Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (783488 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2018
Tnablack:
I hope hubby won't get me pregnant sha while waiting for VO for my TRV's approval. Should this happens, any quams? Upfront medicals done already o
Carry on with your hubby, it won't be a problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
is that people get approval or refusal without coming back to share with the forum?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
mightyola:
Any Update. Are we the only June Applicants left?.

My brother am just tired, what could be the way forward, did your status change again.. Any information from school the lady never replied me over a week now...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
mcobex:
Carry on with your hubby, it won't be a problem.

I guess the hubby no apply because this tension is enough to cause power failure on duty.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
I know few people that got their TRV approval after they had deferred their admission. One of my friends did and in his situation had to defer for a year because there is not a winter start date for his programme. When you have such approval, the decision of what to do is yours.
One hurdle you'll have to cross will be at the port of entry with the immigration officer. You might have to explain why you are coming in so early or late depending on the admission letter you choose to show at the POE.

hotcakept2:

I remember when filling form i saw "Expiration of acceptance" 18th of September. I don't know why fanshawe college is now saying after August 29th one has to defer. Meanwhile, what would happen if one defers. Will the VO still go ahead with approving the TRV?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2018
If you have what it takes. To those looking for admission in this area of research interest should consider this:

Positions for graduate students in Systems Biology are now available in my research group. I am interested in recruiting high-caliber graduate students who have expertise in the areas of my research. Top-tier control and systems, computer science and applied mathematics students who are self-motivated and have publications in relevant scientific journals are encourages to apply.
fangxiang.wu@usask.ca
Fang X. Wu B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., P.Eng.
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Division of Biomedical Engineering
Graduate Chair, Division of Biomedical Engineering

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
mightyola:
This sounds interesting!!.. Guru's in the house, please attend to this matter. Atleast if TRV won't come on time, babies can come!!..

Been pregnant even before medicals is done, won’t stand against your visa chances. Trying to conceal your pregnancy is what will stand negatively in the way of obtaining your visa. All pregnant people should disclose their status during medicals because X-ray can harm unborn fetus. As far as you have money to take care of your expenses in Canada and show that you have ties that will induce your return to Nigeria, been pregnant is not a qualms. You can get covered for insurance for yourself and your baby cheaper than normal if you obtain health insurance through your school. I speak from experience of a woman I met here on this forum. While her application was pending, before medicals, she became pregnant. She thought of concealing it, but I told her not a good idea. We worked on her SOP addressing such pregnancy issue and the financial obligation she has made to take care of herself and her baby through the school insurance policy. CIC didn’t see it as a qualms and approved her. She enetered Canada about 4 months pregnant and was not asked any questions at POE. Her story is not unique. Many pregnant people get approved if they can prove the bonafides of their studies plan and return to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
vivicintia:
My application since May 27.
I just hope deyve not forgotten my application
Sch is supposed to resume Aug 26th
I just don't understand y dey have to take dis long considering resumption date.

Any feedback? When is the last date to register? Air tickets prices are so high and climbing this season.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
Interesting topic.... Lol
mightyola:
This sounds interesting!!.. Guru's in the house, please attend to this matter. Atleast if TRV won't come on time, babies can come!!..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
galala123:

Any feedback? When is the last date to register? Air tickets prices are so high and climbing this season.

I am seeing up to 800k to 900k one way economy class to Canada even.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Toluwaase(m): 8:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
Toluwaase:
Please gurus in the house, how do I request for GCMS notes, my brother was denied student visa and we don't know how to request for the GCMS notes/case file.
Thank you.

Please help me with an answer to this question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
I want to know how to tackle family ties .... considering the fact tht am single

Jnyuwa02 thanks for getting in touch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemi028: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hello ... I am relatively new hre ..I graduated with a GPA 3.75( Agricultural economics ) and i want to apply for Msc Agribusiness in Manitoba.... I av some questions...is it compulsory I write GRE ....I wouldnt mind if i can get ur contact. .. thanks

Phocusjosh:
Wow....This is an awesome profile that I hope gets admission into Msc. Agricultural Economics Fall 2019, though very competitive due to limited numbers of University that offers such course.

It's not tough as it seems to be. I studied agricultural extension and rural development and I got admitted to University of Manitoba for Msc. Agribusiness and agricultural economics, Fall 2018.

Most universities in Canada that offers graduate admission in related course doesn't need you to secure a supervisor before admission but you can contact as many faculty members as possible stating your intentions but note this won't influence your admission. All new grad students are expected to at least have finished first semester and observed which lecturer and area fits their interest and strengths.

Admission decision are always evaluated based on the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and transcripts and offers to students based on (1) their available project funding, (2) student's background and skills, and (3) interest alignment.

Aside your academic grade, you have to write a very strong and convincing statement of intent(Biographical sketch) highlighting your motivations, research interest, your goals after completion of Msc. program, why the uni, and your academic achievements. Just short and precise (One to two pages is enough, it all depends on your use of words).

Lastly, ensure you involve God in your applications.

Below are the list of Canadian universities that offers masters in Agricultural economics or related field.

1. McGill University (M.Sc.Agricultural Economics)
2. University of Alberta (Master of Agriculture Degree in Agricultural Economics/Rural Sociology and MSc Agricultural and Resource Economics)
3. Dalhousie university (Master of Agriculture; Business and Social sciences)
4. University of British Columbia (Master of Food and Resource Economics & MSc. Food and Resource Economics)
5. University of Saskatchewan (Msc. Agricultural and Resource Economics)
6. University of Manitoba MSc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics)
7. University of Lethbridge (Master of Agriculture)
8. University of Guelph (Master of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics -coursework or MSc. Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics - Thesis)
9. University of Winnipeg (Master of Arts in Environmental, Resource and Development Economics)
10. Brandon university (MSc. Rural Development)

Most of the schools offers admission only Fall but Manitoba and Dalhousie do offer admission in winter.

I hope these helps

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am seeing up to 800k to 900k one way economy class to Canada even.

You're right. I noticed one can solve that problem by flying to nearby airports. In one case I saw bus to continue the trip for almost 24 hours and 51 stops. After flying then busing blood clot may kill the son ofan oh. Saw closer airports at better prices thereafter. Noticed local flight fees come down drastically on the 20th after most registration have closed. This this is timed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bankylan: 12:23am On Aug 29, 2018
What is the danger in applying for a graduate certificate in a college like Seneca after over 10 years of finishing first degree and applying for Visa with spouse and kids? The applicant has sufficient fund for tuition and living expenses of over 24 months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:09am On Aug 29, 2018
galala123:

You're right. I noticed one can solve that problem by flying to nearby airports. In one case I saw bus to continue the trip for almost 24 hours and 51 stops. After flying then busing blood clot may kill the son ofan oh. Saw closer airports at better prices thereafter. Noticed local flight fees come down drastically on the 20th after most registration have closed. This this is timed!

24 hours, 51 stops smiley To some this might be a torturous welcome to Canada and I don’t recommend it. September 20th is when registration closes? I pray all fall resuming applicants have heard a decision by then. CIC ought to up its game.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 4:22am On Aug 29, 2018
Lotusboi:
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

You could also make use of
IRCC WEB FORM
to forward messages or additional documents

Can I use the web form to forward additional documents that’s in pdf format?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nattyvino84: 5:43am On Aug 29, 2018
How do you other your GCMS Note .?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:50am On Aug 29, 2018
bankylan:
What is the danger in applying for a graduate certificate in a college like Seneca after over 10 years of finishing first degree and applying for Visa with spouse and kids? The applicant has sufficient fund for tuition and living expenses of over 24 months.

You face a stiff odds of justifying that you will be a genuine student with a 10 year study gap. You also face significant odds going for a graduate certificate when a more logical academic progression and serious academic endeavor is a masters degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 5:50am On Aug 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

24 hours, 51 stops smiley To some this might be a torturous welcome to Canada and I don’t recommend it. September 20th is when registration closes? I pray all fall resuming applicants have heard a decision by then. CIC ought to up its game.

My latest date to register is September 19th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:55am On Aug 29, 2018
galala123:

My latest date to register is September 19th

How far with your visa? Have you heard any words from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Yes you can.

Carlz1:
Can I use the web form to forward additional documents that’s in pdf format?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 29, 2018
Please find the link attached.
GCMS NOTE
However, you’ll need to have someone with a legal status in Canada to help you order it, and you’ll be required to fill a consent form also. Good luck.

nattyvino84:
How do you other your GCMS Note .?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yeahkim: 6:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Lotusboi:
Yes you can.

Hello, please which visa office do you send the additional info to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:22am On Aug 29, 2018
yeahkim:

Hello, please which visa office do you send the additional info to?

Send to the one handling your application. If you don’t know, send to Lagos they will add them for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yeahkim: 6:23am On Aug 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Send to the one handling your application. If you don’t know, send to Lagos they will add them for you.
Thank you. So it’s possible for me to go ahead with my medicals and send it to them while i wait?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemi028: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2018
Hello wale ...I will like to knw how far u av gone with ur applications..I also want to apply ..but don't knw how to go and it... pls drop your email or number so we could talk...thanks.
walepepe21:
Good day to you guys, I'm new on this thread,I'm interested in applying for a masters degree in Agricultural Economics & Extension for my Master Degree. I graduated with a GPA of 4.22/5.0 in Agricultural Economics as well,a GRE of 290 and a TOEFL of 102. Please what's my chance of getting an admission to a reputable school for my Master's Degree in Canada. Please kindly help me out. I need your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.