Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,590 members, 7,843,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (799613 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2018
Clahws:
Hi Nairalanders,

I got admission to two Canadian colleges (Conestoga and Humber) for similar courses(same syllabus sef). I applied for my first canadian study permit in March using Conestoga, got my rejection letter in May. Applied again in june (still using conestoga) and I am still awaiting approval (IJN) from VO till now. My course starts on the 1st of September (too late). I asked for a semester deferment till Winter(January) for both colleges, Got deferment from Humber, but Conestoga did not process deferment on time and no more available course till Fall semester 2019.
How can I notify the visa officer that I want to change my college from Conestoga to Humber.
Will this affect my application.
Clahws,

Reapply to Conestoga for the fall term 2019 and keep your offer letter stand by, owing to the fact that CIC will surely request for an updated acceptance letter from you when your application is near success to be approved. You can't change a DLI while your application is still undergoing processing, you can only be able to effect a change on your DLI when you've successfully acquired your TRV through your MyCiC account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

That's wat I was told... they told me I can't be accepted for a masters cos I had 2.2. so I have to opt in for a certificate degree course...

You can be eligble for a masters program in Canada, if your last 2 years CGPA at the University is excellent and you have a relevant working experience in your proposed field of study. Check: Memorial University of Newfoundland. Aside this, apply for a PGD/C.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
Segunagagu:

F..kkk...and I just paid the 100k today.�������..I want to go for masters.. but I was told I can't cos I have a 2.2. As Canada schools only accept 2.1 for masters... wat can I do now..��������

Is that final payment Or will they ask you for more after securing the admission.

You may consider searching and applying yourself. Do you have any work experience? Many people get masters admission with 2/2. Perhaps the agents tell people this to either channel them to another institution or program which they have been contracted to recruit students in. I will consider such agents lacking in integrity if they are mischievously providing inaccurate information or having inadequate knowledge of the services they offer if it is innocent misrepresentation, which I doubt.

Meanwhile, I have noticed that folks on this thread practice self-censorship and avoid use of certain words like the word in bold above. That has been the culture voluntarily followed here as we speak like Romans, in Rome. I will beg the indulgence of others to take it with a pinch of salt as you are experiencing shock of parting with 100k. It may provide you some solace to note that we have been trying to find out how to recover someones 5k CAD non-refundable tuition deposit since morning after being denied a visa. Among other attributes, Canada will teach you the art of patience and perseverance so strap on your seat belt. If you succeed eventually, you will forget all the hustle and emerge a stronger, wiser and much more exposed individual.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
I collected my stamped passport on Thursday
my application took 1 months and 2 days excluding my passport transit ...online route am still waiting for my introduction letter though i have no idea how long it should take .

I just want to say I know how it feels for those waiting and those refused ...while we celebrate I wish you all quick and positive response when I went for medical I met a guy that was his fourth application before he was asked to do medical ...in Africa our only hope is prayers ,so hold firmly to it .

thanks for everything I learnt from here .

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2018
sisikemo:
@orobs93 i just got mine. If you're in Lagos then you can send me a message.

please check your email I tried to message you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
Success2019:
Hello guys
Please help
In form IMM 1294e in contact information section, am I to chose one or all
Can I put my email address and leave the rest blank?

Input your Telephone number, the type, the country code (234) and select OTHER.
Do the same for the Alternate Telephone number and select OTHER. If you don't have a FAX no... Leave it blank and Input your email address

I hope this answers your question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
orobs93:
I collected my stamped passport on Thursday
my application took 1 months and 2 days excluding my passport transit ...online route am still waiting for my introduction letter though i have no idea how long it should take .

I just want to say I know how it feels for those waiting and those refused ...while we celebrate I wish you all quick and positive response when I went for medical I met a guy that was his fourth application before he was asked to do medical ...in Africa our only hope is prayers ,so hold firmly to it .

thanks for everything I learnt from here .

Congratulations on your achievement! In regards to the correspondence letter, send a CSE to London and Lagos immigration office and it will be sent directly to your Mycic account within 24hours.

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your achievement! In regards to the correspondence letter, send a CSE to London and Lagos immigration office and it will be sent directly to your Mycic account within 24hours.

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

my passport was stamped in London my processing time is not over yet and I thought I should still wait a little I don't know if it will be right to write them now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:16am On Sep 01, 2018
DeChefAbuja:
Hello Everyone...

i am so thankful i found this page and i will like to crave the indulgence of anyone with valuable info to my post to kindly and generously share.

i graduated with a second class lower degree under the department of biochemistry, went ahead to obtain a masters degree from the UK in Environmental Management, got married, had a son and relocated back to Nigeria with my family.

i have got a few years experience working as a school administrator from a top British school and want to pursue another masters degree to this regard(different from my first masters) . i have found a school and a suitable course(University of Saskatchewan)

my main sponsor will be my dad; currently retired from a reputable company with account balance over 50 million and various landed properties. joint fixed deposit account of hubby and myself of over 2 million as personal account. I intend to travel with my two kids (age 6 and age 2) but hubby will be staying back to manage our businesses.

please i need advise on the best approach. thanks in advance for your kind responses

DeChefAbuja,

Firstly, i will start by welcoming you into this honourable thread and I hope you will find your journey to Canada easy with the vital informations been shared here.

All things being equal, you must present justifiable reasons to why you're going for a second masters degree in Canada rather than a phd to show a career progression especially in a discipline that is no way reasonable with your previous studies or current employment. The lucrativeness and reasonableness of undertaking such a program at a high expense when there are similar available program offered here in Nigeria. Your career prospects and plans if it is financially rewarding here after studies that would counterbalance the cost and investment made in your program in Canada will be well substantiated in your SOP. In order for your application to scale through the sight of the visa officer, it's safe you apply for a program that has a strong connection with your current job role. With this your reason for opting out for a second masters degree would be logical.

Furthermore, your dad financial establishment is very strong to cater for your bills and that of your kids as well. But, you will have to take steps by ensuring safe care and provision for your kids like : enrolling the 2 years old baby into any of the nearby creche around your university, and placing the one of 6 years old in a primary school(education in public schools in Canada are known to be free for children within the age bracket of 5-18 years). Reason's being that they will be well taken care of and won't be of any distraction to your studies in Canada. Your husband can stay back and serve as a strong tie to your application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uckennety(m): 12:20am On Sep 01, 2018
I have a Korean temporary residence I plan to apply from there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:21am On Sep 01, 2018
orobs93:

my passport was stamped in London my processing time is not over yet and I thought I should still wait a little I don't know if it will be right to write them now .

You don't have to wait for your processing time to elapse before sending them a CSE. Your situation is quite different, because you were approved of your visa without a correspondence letter. Please go ahead and send them a CSE and within 24hrs, you will have the letter sent to your account without hassles.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by orobs93(m): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You don't have to wait for your processing time to elapse before sending them a CSE. Your situation is quite different, because you were approved of your visa without a correspondence letter. Please go ahead and send them a CSE and within 24hrs, you will have the letter sent to your account without hassles.

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:53am On Sep 01, 2018
uckennety:
I have a Korean temporary residence I plan to apply from there

Do you have a valid work permit, ongoing study visa or permanent residence at Korean. These are the list of visas that makes you eligble to apply for a study permit to Canada from there. Other than that, you're expected to return to your home country and apply for your visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 12:54am On Sep 01, 2018
ralfudoh:
Congrats bro
But your blood the hot oh. Submitted your passport 2hrs after PPR.
You just took a chopper to VFS.......lol.
Congrats once again.
For me, Eligibility review and medical passed on 29th August. Awaiting PPR

No time to waste bro. Ur approval gonna come through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:01am On Sep 01, 2018
MrsDaniels:
@Carlz1 so sorry dear you didnt get no medical call? We submitted same day paper route. Got a message my processed passport has been returned back to the VAC and i wasnt called too guess its cos i submitted my application 2days after my arrival from England into Nigeria. Cos i saw on CIC website where they stated if one didnt stay/live in Nigeria for 6months and above then they dont require medicals. Just submitted police certificate issued in England alongside my residence documents.
Abi Frank? @Frankroben1 am i quoting CIC's medical facts wrongly from their website? .... would be going to pick up my passport today and let y'all know.

Madam MrsDaniels,

As long as you're back to Nigeria and not applying directly from England. You're meant to undergo a medical test in Nigeria prior to a visa is issued to you by the consular officer. The rule of not requesting for a medical exam is only applicable to prospective applicants applying from England not Nigeria.

I hope this piece of info helps to provide perspicuity to other applicants that are in same condition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 1:06am On Sep 01, 2018
Biakwa:

Congrats brother,

But d did you witnessed any changes during your eligibility review as in did it change back to processing? Please which email addresses did you send to and get response

Nothing changed during eligibility. It never went back to processing. I sent to Lagos, Accra, Nairobi, London, Ankara, Abi Dhabi and used the Web form. No response from them. Jus got notified to check my account. That's all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uckennety(m): 1:20am On Sep 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Do you have a valid work permit, ongoing study visa or permanent residence at Korean. These are the list of visas that makes you eligble to apply for a study permit to Canada from there. Other than that, you're expected to return to your home country and apply for your visa.

Yes study visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Vizzle4sure: 1:21am On Sep 01, 2018
amozag2018:
Where was your application processed from?

I just checked and it wasn't stated in the PPR or Biometric letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by opeoluwa20(m): 1:37am On Sep 01, 2018
my people,please can I get january admission for masters in any management course in any canadan uni I have bsc in economics. pls my people any little idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 2:47am On Sep 01, 2018
Cherryola:
Pls brother help the poor boy my gcms note is not contribute to my matter
Try to pm other gurus, don't rely on anybody.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2018
Cherryola:
Pls brother help the poor boy my gcms note is not contribute to my matter

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I wasnt ignoring you, your case is not one I can easily answer and have to think well before responding. There is nothing you can do much to improve your financial asset and family ties, if VO already deemed them as insufficient to guarantee your return back to Nigeria. You best chances is to zero in on other places where you better demonstrate ties. Are you employed and do you make over $200k monthly? If you do, you can present payslips and zero your argument that you are going for studies in the same field in Canada to seek expertise in the field, that when you return to Nigeria, you stand to Improve your pay and position with your employers. In essence, argue on your future job prospect when you return to Nigeria, that it is great! You can try and collect a letter of recommendation from a respected member in the field you are involved, talking about job prospects in Nigeria for your field should you continue with the same employer or decide to branch out and go solo. This in my opinion is your only way out of this quandary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 3:13am On Sep 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Madam MrsDaniels,

As long as you're back to Nigeria and not applying directly from England. You're meant to undergo a medical test in Nigeria prior to a visa is issued to you by the consular officer. The rule of not requesting for a medical exam is only applicable to prospective applicants applying from England not Nigeria.

I hope this piece of info helps to provide perspicuity to other applicants that are in same condition.
This information is wrong. Go back and read the cic info on medical examination for applicants who have not stayed up to 6 months in Nigeria from Europe, the USA and their likes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 3:45am On Sep 01, 2018
Well, I might have also said Frank is not right with his statement based on cic information but he might be right. I think it is OK to wait till Mrs Daniels informs us of the outcome when she picks up her passport. If we have multiple cases as regards this that we know of, we might be able to make an informed conclusion about it.

A guy here some weeks ago, ayoadefantastic, said in June when he applied he was waived for medical examination because he was resident of the US till April but then, reading through his approval post, he mentioned he was called for medicals July 24 which he did on the first of August (meaning it wasn't waived after all)

I think VO still holds the ultimate decision on this, at least, we have had a guy without a travel history whose TRV was approved without being invited for medical examination

Nogen:

This information is wrong. Go back and read the cic info on medical examination for applicants who have not stayed up to 6 months in Nigeria from Europe, the USA and their likes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 5:24am On Sep 01, 2018
@jnyuwa02 thx alot bro am greatful am going for 4years bcs in business administration yes I did add my payslip which I get 104k monthly
jnyuwa02:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I wasnt ignoring you, your case is not one I can easily answer and have to think well before responding. There is nothing you can do much to improve your financial asset and family ties, if VO already deemed them as insufficient to guarantee your return back to Nigeria. You best chances is to zero in on other places where you better demonstrate ties. Are you employed and do you make over $200k monthly? If you do, you can present payslips and zero your argument that you are going for studies in the same field in Canada to seek expertise in the field, that when you return to Nigeria, you stand to Improve your pay and position with your employers. In essence, argue on your future job prospect when you return to Nigeria, that it is great! You can try and collect a letter of recommendation from a respected member in the field you are involved, talking about job prospects in Nigeria for your field should you continue with the same employer or decide to branch out and go solo. This in my opinion is your only way out of this quandary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:31am On Sep 01, 2018
Cherryola:
@jnyuwa02 thx alot bro am greatful am going for 4years bcs in business administration yes I did add my payslip which I get 104k monthly

You must ahave long study gaps I am guessing to be earning 104k and don’t even have a Bsc? You might want to cover that also by concentrating on explaining what you have been doing all that time; why it should be believed you still have what it takes to succeed in college. Here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/419#70738370

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 5:39am On Sep 01, 2018
Yes I did my study gaps correctly what they refuse me on is only on home ties and travel history
jnyuwa02:

You must ahave long study gaps I am guessing to be earning 104k and don’t even have a Bsc? You might want to cover that also by concentrating on explaining what you have been doing all that time; why it should be believed you still have what it takes to succeed in college. Here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/419#70738370
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 5:53am On Sep 01, 2018
Cherryola:
Yes I did my study gaps correctly what they refuse me on is only on home ties and travel history

Like Mcobex rightly advised you, travel history will go away if you can address ties convincingly. And your best argument in the absence of strong family ties and assets which you can’t do anything about at this point, is to concentrate on job prospect that will bring you back to Nigeria. And don’t assume you did study gaps well, cover that ground again because there is references in your Gcms notes about not been a genuine student. Out of curiosity, how many years of study gaps do you have and how old are you to be going for undergraduate studies at this point? I await your answer on the questions to know if you should still address study gaps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 01, 2018
candygist:

After 8years of not going back to school in Nigeria .... I just got admission to school in Canada.... my sponsor as about 27 million to sponsor my fee and feeding cost.. what are my chances of getting my study permit approved if I apply.. thank you

I can't tell. Mine was a 6year hiatus and I got approved ...wifey got WP as well. I guess many other things are involved e.g. does your intended study align with your career trajectory?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 01, 2018
Eyifunmi:

You most likely went through Ethiopian airlines, the Dublin change and stopover is not considered a transit point for passengers. You don't come out of the plane, only the crew is changed and the plane is refueled.

Regular layover requires you changing planes, and sometimes, passing through passport and boarder control.

You are right

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 6:14am On Sep 01, 2018
2010 I finish my 0level 2011/2012 seeking for admission 2013/2016 obtain OND in business administration after my OND been working in my uncle who's also my sponsor company voluntarily not until Nov last year got fully employed as admin manage till date
jnyuwa02:

Like Mcobex rightly advised you, travel history will go away if you can address ties convincingly. And your best argument in the absence of strong family ties and assets which you can’t do anything about at this point, is to concentrate on job prospect that will bring you back to Nigeria. And don’t assume you did study gaps well, cover that ground again because there is references in your Gcms notes about not been a genuine student. Out of curiosity, how many years of study gaps do you have and how old are you to be going for undergraduate studies at this point? I await your answer on the questions to know if you should still address study gaps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 6:28am On Sep 01, 2018
I will be 27 this Nov
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clahws: 7:45am On Sep 01, 2018
Thanks Frank,

Application for Fall Semester 2019 is open yet on Conestoga website. And would not be open until december this year.
Do i suffer a risk if I send a mail to CIC notifying them of DLI change.

Frankrobbn1:

Clahws,

Reapply to Conestoga for the fall term 2019 and keep your offer letter stand by, owing to the fact that CIC will surely request for an updated acceptance letter from you when your application is near success to be approved. You can't change a DLI while your application is still undergoing processing, you can only be able to effect a change on your DLI when you've successfully acquired your TRV through your MyCiC account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.