Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785655 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by uyplus(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Online is currently attending to June while paper is attending to August applicant, but these statistics don't work if God is with your application, you can decide for yourself.

Not so true tho. The only naija lady in my program was June, and she got her TRV last week of August. I even know an online applicant for August who got his application approved before his program started in September. Anyway, it all depends on the VO that handles the application. Like you have rightly said, paper route is the best for Najia. You know the outcome of your application within 3 to 4 weeks, medical mail or refusal mail!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2018
Hello,any MUN undergraduate here?
I need WAEC to send a confirmation of result to MUN. WAEC gave me a list of things to come to their office with,this includes a sworn affidavit from court. Has anyone been through this process? How can I get this sworn affidavit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:
I need WAEC to send a confirmation of result to MUN. WAEC gave me a list of things to come to their office with,this includes a sworn affidavit from court. Has anyone been through this process? How can I get this sworn affidavit?
Is this after sending WAEC scratchcard?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2018
makano:
CIC wanna do another System maintenance by Tuesday Next week. Updates on applications go yapa next week. For the peeps expecting updates from CIC, next week is gonna be pregnant. It shall end in praise oo.

Does it usually happen this way?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hello, Mighty and Biakwa have your eligibility review started again after the August 8th issue mine has started ooo
mightyola:
No update still?. Did you defer your admission?.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
blessedness:

Thanks. I did medical on Monday the 3rd of Sept but it is still showing the normal 'you do not need medical we will inform you bla bla bla' well, am hopeful, I will testify.
Was it upfront medical or u received medical call?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
Lagos2canna:

When did you apply in July?
20th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
@Frank and @ynyuwa02 please where are you guys! This thread is incomplete without your contributions. Your immense contributions have been a great help for so many here. I am not disputing other's efforts here but please come back home.

We all miss you guys.

#OneLoveAlways

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tnablack(f): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/hadastextiles

@hadastextiles

I applied July 20th too. Biometrics 24th.

Has your eligibility started yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MICHV1: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
mightyola:

you vividly saw I ended my conversation peacefully with that other username when he/she brought my attention to let those past conservations go and it ended with a good night wish too from me, still you felt like the keyboard warrior you are to quote me again. I only wanna respect myself by not saying anything further to you, not that I don't have something to say to you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
A Positive Decision ooooo

I really need this one to End in Praise !!!

Doyenrey:

Lol I did my biometrics 3rd of July too and my eligibility review also started yesterday.

I hope we get a decision next week.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:
Hello, I am not an MUN applicant but I went through this process last year, when IERF asked me to send my confirmation of result to them for evaluation.

I went to WAEC HQ in Yaba, with an affidavit of confirmation of result, a print out of my WASSCE result and some other things I can't remember now.
It was easy, took about 30 mins.
When I got there, I was charged about 10k for the confirmation of result. After paying, they directed me downstairs to go meet a UPS courier agent whom I paid 9k to, for the courier service (mine was going to the US, I don't know how much it would cost to send to Canada).
It took about 2 days for the confirmation of result to be printed and given to UPS, then about 5 days before it got to the US.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
amozag2018:
Hello, Mighty and Biakwa have your eligibility review started again after the August 8th issue mine has started ooo

Did you experience the August 8th eligibility change, and when did it change back. When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by princekins(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
Good luck to all of us TRV hopefuls. Will start my admission App this month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thank you!!!

MICHV1:
you vividly saw I ended my conversation peacefully with that other username when he/she brought my attention to let those past conservations go and it ended with a good night wish too from me, still you felt like the keyboard warrior you are to quote me again. I only wanna respect myself by not saying anything further to you, not that I don't have something to say to you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nope, same thing. Dunno about Biakwa

amozag2018:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
mightyola:
Nope, same thing. Dunno about Biakwa

Nothing bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kemsure30: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
mightyola:
What was the processing time when you applied?

9 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
Emmyirab:

Hello, I am not an MUN applicant but I went through this process last year, when IERF asked me to send my confirmation of result to them for evaluation.

I went to WAEC HQ in Yaba, with an affidavit of confirmation of result, a print out of my WASSCE result and some other things I can't remember now.
When I got there, I was charged about 10k for the confirmation of result. After paying, they directed me downstairs to go meet a UPS courier agent whom I paid 9k to, for the courier service (mine was going to the US, I don't know how much it would cost to send to Canada).
It took about 2 days for the confirmation of result to be printed and given to UPS, then about 5 days before it got to the US.

Can this not be avoided with WES evaluation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
I am confused. I'm waiting for Tuesday maintenance, if nothing comes up after that. I won't let CIC rest.

Biakwa:

Nothing bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hotcakept2: 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
uyplus:

Not so true tho. The only naija lady in my program was June, and she got her TRV last week of August. I even know an online applicant for August who got his application approved before his program started in September. Anyway, it all depends on the VO that handles the application. Like you have rightly said, paper route is the best for Najia. You know the outcome of your application within 3 to 4 weeks, medical mail or refusal mail!

We are still waiting for your diary of your journey and experiences in Canada! grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2018
Emmyirab:

Thanks,how and where did you get the affidavit you went to yaba with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Moley22(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

Thanks,how and where did you get the affidavit you went to yaba with?

I believe you can get it done at any local court...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
galala123:

Is this after sending WAEC scratchcard?
I sent a mail to MUN and got a response that my WAEC result must be 'official' i.e sent from the exam body directly....I know some other universities in Canada that accept scratch card only.... Are you in MUN or are you planning to attend MUN?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
Moley22:

I believe you can get it done at any local court...
Okay,thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Yes, I did experience that... I submitted May 29th and did my biometrics June 1st. Eligibility review started yesterday 7th of September
Biakwa:

Did you experience the August 8th eligibility change, and when did it change back. When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
mightyola:
Since you wont let this matter die. I am the one who SAID and not DOUBT that Ethiopian airport is not VERY beautiful than Abuja airport, it's big no doubt but beautiful, I won't agree. That airport is a mess, a hot mess...No offense to my Ethiopian brothers. Please I beg you don't push this matter further if you haven't been to that airport in the last 3 years. I am tired of people coming here to say things they do not know, instead of just keeping quiet. We have gone past this issue and you still brought it up, until someone begged you to let this "shithole" issue die. Thank you

Bro no be everything person go comment on na. I was also at the airport twice last year(November and December) and there is nothing special about it walai... I even entered Addis Ababa sef(so I viewed the airport from inside and outside).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
ANaledi:
My agent is in Canada and applied online for me. When checking processing time I selected Nigeria as the country I’m applying from. Is that correct?

Yes it is correct

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2018
MICHV1:
TRV Doc, how germo dey treat you na? Hope you are good bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
He Called out the person who said Ethiopian airport is not beautiful to resurface and I did,It was nothing personal.

mcobex:
Bro no be everything person go comment on na. I was also at the airport twice last year(November and December) and there is nothing special about it walai... I even entered Addis Ababa sef(so I viewed the airport from inside and outside).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Not always, but the last time there was a system maintenance, I remember 3 peeps got their medical request.. So lets be optimistic
galala123:

Does it usually happen this way?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Tnablack:
https://www.nairaland.com/hadastextiles

@hadastextiles

I applied July 20th too. Biometrics 24th.

Has your eligibility started yet?
"we are reviewing whether u meet the eligibility requirement "

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.