Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785760 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tamaratare: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:
Hello,any MUN undergraduate here?
I need WAEC to send a confirmation of result to MUN. WAEC gave me a list of things to come to their office with,this includes a sworn affidavit from court. Has anyone been through this process? How can I get this sworn affidavit?
I think it's either a reference letter or a sworn affidavit. I submitted a reference letter from my pastor and that was it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2018
MICHV1:
Going through the last pages, At times it is good to "shake table" make truth surface grin I just remembered 2015/2016 on this thread.. The truth is that on any forum/group there must be saboteurs who don't like the good doing of others and still won't contribute but waiting to attack.

Whenever I have time, I just appear and read through... If someone makes out time to provide useful information, Una go think say na Una rights ABI?? In abroad it is do it yourself, oyibo no get time for you!!!!

*TRV Doctor* cool
bro, how have you been?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
tamaratare:
I think it's either a reference letter or a sworn affidavit. I submitted a reference letter from my pastor and that was it.
Is your result may/June of Nov/DEC?.I mean is it waec or GCE?
In the mail waec sent me they said the reference letter is for Nov/dec result...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
amozag2018:
Yes, I did experience that... I submitted May 29th and did my biometrics June 1st. Eligibility review started yesterday 7th of September

Since your waiting time have you sent a mail to CIC,and if yes what was their response? You have upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Popocarey: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
Hello house! Please I need advise I want to apply for Master in Canada and I want to know procedure how to go about it and school that's not expensive. Am a graduate with second class lower division. I don't want to use agent. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Popocarey:
Hello house! Please I need advise I want to apply for Master in Canada and I want to know procedure how to go about it and school that's not expensive. Am a graduate with second class lower division. I don't want to use agent. Thanks

very easy process, look for school in Canada that have your intended program. check their admission requirements and apply.
UPEI
MUN
Brandon university. These schools are not expensive,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2018
between August 7th and September 7th I have sent 5 emails and got 3 responses from them.

First email Aug 7th- no response but eligibility review started in my account and later was reversed.

Second email Aug 14th- Did upfront medical and sent it and it was passed the same day in my account.

Third email Aug 21st- I was told they are still processing my application

4th Email Aug 31st- I was told my application is under active review

5th Email Sept 7th- Eligibility review started 5 hours after sending them an email

Biakwa:

Since your waiting time have you sent a mail to CIC,and if yes what was their response? You have upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SpatialKing(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
For Nigerians which application type is more favorable
Online of Offline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

I sent a mail to MUN and got a response that my WAEC result must be 'official' i.e sent from the exam body directly....I know some other universities in Canada that accept scratch card only.... Are you in MUN or are you planning to attend MUN?

No. Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yemupz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
ANaledi:
None yet. Still waiting

It shall end in praise! All the best!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

Thanks,how and where did you get the affidavit you went to yaba with?
I did mine in a magistrate court.
Just go to the court and tell them you want to do an affidavit of confirmation of result, they will tell you the process, which is easy.
It shouldn't cost up to N1500
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by COPR: 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ormohlawlah:

Thanks,how and where did you get the affidavit you went to yaba with?

You can do the affidavit at WAEC office Yaba.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
galala123:

Can this not be avoided with WES evaluation?
IERF is also an evaluation agency, just like WES. Plus, I think its thesame process, i.e you have to send in your confirmation of result.
People just prefer WES because they kinda boost your GPA a little, but they cost more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
The upfront medical u sent on August 14th...was it via email you sent to CIC or webform?

amozag2018:
between August 7th and September 7th I have sent 5 emails and got 3 responses from them.

First email Aug 7th- no response but eligibility review started in my account and later was reversed.

Second email Aug 14th- Did upfront medical and sent it and it was passed the same day in my account.

5th Email Sept 7th- Eligibility review started 5 hours after sending them an email

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by princekins(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
bayocanny:

very easy process, look for school in Canada that have your intended program. check their admission requirements and apply.
UPEI
MUN
Brandon university. These schools are not expensive,

Please if I apply for Masters program do I need to use WES to verify my result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by princekins(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please if you secure an Msc for 1year, are you entitled to a work permit thereafter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
princekins:

It depends on your school.
That's why you have to check their admission requirements first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bayocanny: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
princekins:

WES is not use to verify results rather it is use to evaluate transcripts. it's depends on your intended school whether you're to evaluate your transcripts or send the it directly to your school.
look for schools that will not require you to evaluate transcripts in order to save you some penny.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please any one in the house with a good LOE sample. I'm ready to pay. My application was rejected recently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
Truth is you can’t buy these things. You need to review your situation and come up with your own LOE. How can you possibly come up with a convincing LOE if it’s not the truth or at least a semblance of the truth? You can ask the gurus here to review something you’ve written or ask for key writing points and then you come with a draft they can help you proof read. Asides that, your request is a little out of place. Order your GCMS notes if you have time. If there’s no time, write a compelling LOE and have one of the good guys here to help you review it. Good luck!

mightyokwy:
Please any one in the house with a good LOE sample. I'm ready to pay. My application was rejected recently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
bayocanny:

WES is not use to verify results rather it is use to evaluate transcripts. it's depends on your intended school whether you're to evaluate your transcripts or send the it directly to your school.
look for schools that will not require you to evaluate transcripts in order to save you some penny.

On the contrary, WES may also save you money if you request them to send your evaluated transcript on file electronically (which is fast and reliable) rather than going through the stress of returning to your school for transcripts to different institutions every now and then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
COPR:

You can do the affidavit at WAEC office Yaba.
Really? Are you sure about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Emmyirab:

I did mine in a magistrate court.
Just go to the court and tell them you want to do an affidavit of confirmation of result, they will tell you the process, which is easy.
It shouldn't cost up to N1500
Okay,thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
galala123:

No. Best wishes
Okay,thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2018
SpatialKing:
For Nigerians which application type is more favorable
Online of Offline?
Both are the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyokwy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
ANaledi:
Truth is you can’t buy these things. You need to review your situation and come up with your own LOE. How can you possibly come up with a convincing LOE if it’s not the truth or at least a semblance of the truth? You can ask the gurus here to review something you’ve written or ask for key writing points and then you come with a draft they can help you proof read. Asides that, your request is a little out of place. Order your GCMS notes if you have time. If there’s no time, write a compelling LOE and have one of the good guys here to help you review it. Good luck!

I have started writing already but I needed guide line. Not that I need already made. What I'm looking for is a sample

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
@frankrobbn1 can you help out please?

mightyokwy:

I have started writing already but I needed guide line. Not that I need already made. What I'm looking for is a sample
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by amozag2018: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
I sent it via email to the Lagos office
canadabyfire:
The upfront medical u sent on August 14th...was it via email you sent to CIC or webform?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by fadasss: 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
Please I am finding it hard to download the consent form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
galala123:

On the contrary, WES may also save you money if you request them to send your evaluated transcript on file electronically (which is fast and reliable) rather than going through the stress of returning to your school for transcripts to different institutions every now and then.

Is a WES-evaluated transcript accepted by all schools in Canada, at lease for application to get an admission?

After you have been granted admission, will the school still accept the WES-evaluated transcript (can WES send the transcript in hard copy?) in lieu of your transcript from your school?

Please clarify me so that i can understand how doing a WES evaluation can save me money
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
amozag2018:

Upfront Medical passed same day!

Please tell me which medical center you did your medical examination?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
bayocanny:

WES stated on my assessment report that they independently verified the authenticity of the results by directly contacting the school for confirmation (Method of Verification of Authenticity). I think they don't do it on all applications but just verify some randomly or if it is suspect because of method of posting. For instance, if your school sends by NIPOST and yours is delivered by DHL, they may write the school directly to reconfirm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.