Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795145 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
I will advise the company transfer your tuition and $10,000 cad to your account and back up this with an explanation. Also, ensure you submit every company's documents that shows you are a director like the Memorandum of association, CAC Certificate and any other documents.

In addition, ensure the company write a sponsorship letter stating why they are sponsoring you and the amount per year. It would also be beneficial if they stated info like what you do for them, how your education would benefit the company, when they expect you back, how your role will change once you come back, etc. Basically, they should include all possible info that the VO may wonder about.

All the very best.
goingforward:

Hello,

I just read your response and I would like to ask. ( i am sorry I am asking a lot of questions) *coverface*. shocked
Please, oh I am using my company as the sponsor. It's actually run by myself and my husband. We are both directors and the CAC shows all of that information. My CFO and my husband have signed that the company would sponsor my tuition. I work full time in the company and manage the sales bit of the business.

Does the company have to transfer the 1-year tuition from my company account to mine? Or may the company just state that the funds are available and they will pay ( stating the dates that the payment is due).

If the company transfer the Tuition, wouldn't it show as a huge lodgement and wouldn't that raise an eyebrow?

Please advise.

Thanks, for your patience to answer my questions.

Goingforward

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olami101: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
mcobex:
You programme is less than 6 months, so you do not need a study permit but VISITING VISA. Visit cic site to know the requirement.
And as for the remaining 30% of your fee, its not compulsory you pay it(especially if the school isn't asking for it before you apply for the visiting visa) but make sure you have it and other funds(for your upkeep, flights....) in your bank account.
thanks for your quick response, how do I go about this visit visa since am a first time traveller with no experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hello bro, check out this link for more infomation; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eligibility.html?lnktrk=visa_less_six_months
olami101:
thanks for your quick response, how do I go about this visit visa since am a first time traveller with no experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
Phocusjosh:
I will advise the company transfer your tuition and $10,000 cad to your account and back up this with an explanation. Also, ensure you submit every company's documents that shows you are a director like the Memorandum of association, CAC Certificate and any other documents.

In addition, ensure the company write a sponsorship letter stating why they are sponsoring you and the amount per year. It would also be beneficial if they stated info like what you do for them, how your education would benefit the company, when they expect you back, how your role will change once you come back, etc. Basically, they should include all possible info that the VO may wonder about.

All the very best.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your candid response. Do i need to add the company bank statement as well, if yes, a statement for how many months is ideal? I am looking to also add, purchase orders, invoices of payments, contracts with clients etc. to show that the company is doing business till date and can fund my program comfortably. What do you think?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 1:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Dear Guru,

I applied March 9th online routine and did my biometric 13march..
Up till now I have not gotten an up date from embassy.

This waiting process is so not cool.

I have seen people that got responded within a month. Is this long wait a normal process..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
sogima:
Dear Guru,

I have seen people that got responded within a month. Is this long wait a normal process..

I think processing times starts from when your biometric is received

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=JJJV post=66677961][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ratawu:

Even Lagos office is now processing study permit

I tot as much because when I was issued my payment receipt at vfs, my tracking is CALA... so its obvious it will be process in Lagos. Because my previous application which was refused last year was with tracking number CAGHA...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yes, you need to submit the company statement account (usually 4-6 months). Just provide all documents that will show that you are finacially buoyant to study successfully in Canada without working. I also suggest your sponsor transfer more than $10k to your dom account, more like $13k-15k if possible... this psychologically tells the VO that your sponsor is able and willing to let go of funds.

Are you paid monthly by your company?, if yes you can also submit payslip to show that you are in full-time employment.
goingforward:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your candid response. Do i need to add the company bank statement as well, if yes, a statement for how many months is ideal? I am looking to also add, purchase orders, invoices of payments, contracts with clients etc. to show that the company is doing business till date and can fund my program comfortably. What do you think?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks.

Goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
You are still within the study permit processing time for Nigerian applicants which is six weeks. Your application is just four weeks old and expect that cic already contacted you that there is no update on your application yet.

Just be hopeful for a favorable outcome because some applicants here last year waited for up to one year for decision to be made, and you know boss Jeremy application is still ongoing. Note; he applied last year September.
sogima:
Dear Guru,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Phocusjosh:
You are still within the study permit processing time for Nigerian applicants which is six weeks. Your application is just four weeks old and expect that cic already contacted you that there is no update on your application yet.

Just be hopeful for a favorable outcome because some applicants here last year waited for up to one year for decision to be made, and you know boss Jeremy application is still ongoing. Note; he applied last year September.

Thank you.
Hope who is Jeremy.. Flavour awaits him.
Yes I got a mail that there is no mudate on my application yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
Quite certain he's going to get his TRV soon. He's one of the top gurus on this forum.
sogima:

Thank you.
Hope who is Jeremy.. Flavour awaits him.
Yes I got a mail that there is no mudate on my application yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Yes, you need to submit the company statement account (usually 4-6 months). Just provide all documents that will show that you are finacially buoyant to study successfully in Canada without working. I also suggest your sponsor transfer more than $10k to your dom account, more like $13k-15k if possible... this psychologically tells the VO that your sponsor is able and willing to let go of funds.

Are you paid monthly by your company?, if yes you can also submit payslip to show that you are in full-time employment.

Okay, yes i will add payslips. My role is a full-time role.

I am presenting a personal investment portfolio, (in my name) that I can liquidate to cover for living expenses for my fam. I am hoping that this would also show commitment from my end that I have saved some money for my program.

Your thoughts?

goingforward

The company is only paying tuition up to 80%.

One more question wink

Please is it possible to do upfront medicals and not put Intl passports in submission?
I Intend to do upfront medicals but i need to make a trip soonest, so I will be needing my Int'l passport.

Will they ask for passports when they have checked my medicals? I hope this will not count against me?

Thanks for not getting weary of me. cheesy

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yes, you can do upfront medical and as well not submit your passport if applying online. N.B: You have to submit your passport if using the paper route. The choice is yours smiley smiley smiley
goingforward:

I am presenting a personal investment portfolio, (in my name) that I can liquidate to cover for living expenses for my fam. I am hoping that this would also show commitment from my end that I have saved some money for my program.

Your thoughts?

goingforward

One more question wink

Please is it possible to do upfront medicals and not put Intl passports in submission?
I Intend to do upfront medicals but i need to make a trip soonest, so I will be needing my Int'l passport.

Will they ask for passports when they have checked my medicals? I hope this will not count against me?

Goingforward.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks, I will be waiting

jnyuwa02:

Sure man, you got it!! I will redact all necessary info. Look in your inbox later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

swisster

Travel history should be the least of your problem. Tackle other refusal grounds and travel history will be waived.
ok sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thebushboy:

I went through your previous posts and discovered you got admission for an undergraduate diploma program (correct me if I am wrong). You already have a university degree. This might not have shown any progression to the VO. Did you explain why you needed this program instead of a post graduate program?

u arr right sir.
i explained very well, while i needed the program. the program is more of a skill acquisition, and it is kind of related to my job.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kezbaba: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
makano:
I meant ur friend (Sponsor) needs to do his homework(not you) to convince the Vo that he is very capable to sponsor you since he isnt a Father, Mother, Uncle or a close relation that most peeps use as sponsors. He will need to show financial documents(You can go through previous threads for that part 11, 12, 13). 2. When u said Diploma, do u mean PGD? If yes, then u have a chance. Having an HND and going for a PGD course shows progression so far the course u studied is in line with what u are planning of studying. Good luck
Diploma I mean is not PGD. But the course is in line.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
goingforward:

Your thoughts?

goingforward

One more question wink

Goingforward.

Thanks for the info. I am doing the paper route. smiley. I would submit without it and wait for them to request for medicals.

Gracias

Goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
I'm afraid if that would be possible. You must submit your passport if applying using the paper route.
goingforward:

Thanks for the info. I am doing the paper route. smiley. I would submit without it and wait for them to request for medicals.

Gracias

Goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austinpee4: 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Regarding the speculation of processing office,

Be it Lagos, Accra, Kenya, Contonu, Korea etc, One thing is certain, once you apply, you have no control over your application again. So save some energy and wait for a response from the visa office processing your application.

It is the same law applied in reaching an outcome and also, the same processing time is applied for Nigerian applicants irrespective of the office processing it.

Secondly, kindly address all letters to the Canadian Visa office in the country you applied from. In Nigeria, use the Lagos visa office address.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
goingforward:

Gracias

Goingforward

VFS staff will not accept your application without passport. It is even pasted on their notice board that if you are doing paper application, you MUST submit your passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mayboy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good evening house. please I need wise counsel on graduate admission in Canada. I have M.ed in curriculum studies(long essay) with 58%. I want to know which graduate program to apply for....if it will be MPhil/ PhD/pre PhD. I will be grateful for your response(s).thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sanjay01: 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please where can I address my SOP and Sponsorship letter to using online route. thanks fellows grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ratawu:

VFS staff will not accept your application without passport. It is even pasted on their notice board that if you are doing paper application, you MUST submit your passport

Wow! hmmm..... that's a tight spot.

undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
goingforward:

Wow! hmmm..... that's a tight spot.

undecided

THEN GO ONLINE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
swisster:

u arr right sir.
i explained very well, while i needed the program. the program is more of a skill acquisition, and it is kind of related to my job.

Noted Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mayboy:
Good evening house. please I need wise counsel on graduate admission in Canada. I have M.ed in curriculum studies(long essay) with 58%. I want to know which graduate program to apply for....if it will be MPhil/ PhD/pre PhD. I will be grateful for your response(s).thanks

Good evening,
could you share your first degree grade? That also helps in giving advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
goingforward:

OMG very true, the 5707e does not contain information for siblings. The correct form is actually the 5645e as u mentioned. Thanks for the information. ( that's why its good to ask question oh). cheesy. Would delete and replace.

My village people say person wey ask question no dey miss road. grin

Gracias!

goingforward.

I am a newbie but I have correct info about form 5707E. It is the correct form for Nigerian applicants. If you select Nigeria, on the drop down menu from the documents to submit link on one of those study permit pages on CIC website, it will bring out the applicable forms for Nigeria - 5707E is the one it brings out for Nigeria. I also confirmed this in an online chat with a VFS staff in Lagos. Chat was done on their website. The attending staff specifically mentioned 5707 as the correct family info form to fill so we are on track.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hello guys,

Please how does one show home ties, if you aren't married, nor have a child nor landed property nor any kind of assets? It's a tricky one isn't it?

I've gone through the thread and some people mentioned siblings birth certificate. Half of my siblings live here in Nigeria and the other half in the US. How will this help me? Pls I need more suggestions.

Wishing you all a great weekend. God bless you all.

Jnyuwa02...pls answer so i don't have to regurgitate thrice. smiley Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Otapiapia1: 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please house am finding it difficult in getting a potential supervisor to apply for my masters program..am looking at masters in environmental toxicology or environmental management in any of the universities...I have a b.sc in biological sciences with 2.1, I've tried to reach supervisors as listed on some of the departmental websites but they seems not to be responding to their mails...please house should I go on and apply without identifying a potential supervisor or I should keep pressing... I intend starting for a winter program in 2019... please you guys should help a brother or refer me to a page where I can get a feedback on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by croyance: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hello House,

Please which University in Canada accept 2:2 (second class lower) for a LAW program?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.