Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795263 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:33pm On Apr 13, 2018
Abu46:
Good morning Guru's, a friend advised me to join this forum, read and understand relevant issues as regards to getting a study permit, i must commend folks in this forum, mehnnnnn intelligent comments, educative and inspiring.....Thank you Guru's
I just got a an Offer letter from Dalhousie University, Halifax Nova Scotia, for an MA in Economics. I am clueless when it comes to study permit issues...I however have decided to read through comments, ask questions before making my application.
Guru's , My questions are
1. What kind of application would you rather have me submit(paper or online)?
2. My Uncle(my mum's cousin) is my financial sponsor, he has given me a financial sponsorship letter and a weighty bank statement, do i still need him to write on why he has decided to fund me?
3. I stay in Abuja, where do i submit my paper application if their is a need for such?
4. My offer came with a support fund, which includes a Taught Assistant Job role and a $4000 scholarship support, will this be of any advantage?
5. I have a travel history to the UK, Although i changed my middle name on my passport early last year,because i wanted the name on my international passport to be the same name on my educational documents ,i have done a court affidavit,newspaper publication etc.Any issues as regards to this?
6. Do i need to pay for medicals separately from the visa cost?

Guru's please i need clearifications as to the above questions
Thank you.
1. Both(online and paper are good) but if you have more documents to submit I will advise you use paper route as there is no limit to the amount of document to submit(unlike online whose maximum is around 4mb/segment). Another advantage of the paper route is you get to do your biometric same day unlike online when you will have to wait for invitation from cic to go for it at VFS. Also online is expensive due to exchange rate(though it is stress free as you can do everything in the comfort of your home as long as you have a scanner and internet).
2. Your uncle sponsoring you isn't a problem but as a third party(not your parents or sibling) the he will have to show commitment by paying the said amount he wants to spend on you into your account or better still pay for your tuition fee. Just his statement of account and letter of support wont be enough. Yes you need a letter from him(letter of support fully stating how much he is giving you and his reasons)
3. VFS office( I think it is located at Silverberg galleria ).
4. Yes the funding is an advantage as it helps saves cost. How much is your total tuition? subtract the $4000 from your tuition fee and living expenses( at least $10,000) to know the balance you have to source for from your sponsor
5. No issue to that as long as you submit copies of the affidavit and newspaper publication with your application
6. Medical is done by cic approved clinics/hospital and the fee is not included in your application fee. You should check cic site to know the clinics around your location(Abuja) then contact them to know the cost. You can do a medical before you submit your application then submit the medical form with your application and the clinic will send the result directly to cic or better still you apply without doing any medical then wait for cic to send you medical mail before going for it(it saves cost).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kaedot: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
Asapant:
Frank.R

1 year masters, which has academic consistency. UG related to intend masters program. Compared to PGd college 2 years UG related to pG course as well...

Do you think there's higher rate for TRV to fly for the PGD compared to masters of 1 year duration ?

Are you saying master of 1 year duration is likely to be questiond based on L.O.P stay ?
Asapant

Sir, sorry for the late response okay.
Well, I'm not a Visa officer nor a guru. But, I advise people based on experience and what I learnt so far on Canadian student visa.

If a masters degree applicant applied for a year program in Canada, the applicant must have a justifiable reason for going for a year (12 months) masters degree in Canada. Few out of applicants with a year masters degree program will scale through while majority will be refused based on length of stay in Canada and purpose of visit.

Applicant going for a 2 years PGD that is relevant to their previous discipline of study/job role because their CGPA wasn't up to the minimum 2.1 requirement for a masters degree program in Canada will easily scale through than an applicant going for a year masters degree in Canada.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:00am On Apr 14, 2018
hasalau:
Good morning all, this is my first post on the platform am filling my schedule 1 of the TRV imm5257 online, after completing the form i validate but to my surprise the form is not generating bar code, I tried submiting form but received a message form not submit to IRCC have tried different browser please guru in the house have been on this for the past 24hours kindly help me out as I need to submit my application today.

Pls guys kindly help me out @ Jnyuwa02 @Frankrobbn1 and other gurus in the house plsss ooo @JJJV pls kindly assist since you submit your application online am having issue with the form Schedule 1 of TRV imm5257 is not generating bar code here is my email: hasalau@gmail.com
hasalau,

Applicants going for studies in Canada are expected to fill the IMM1294E form and not the IMM5257 which was written on the online dashboard as OPTIONAL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 12:06am On Apr 14, 2018
Welldone Boss Frank.R. i've been looking forward to your response since all these while. buh a 16 months masters flew this week for TRv.
Frankrobbn1:

Asapant

Sir, sorry for the late response okay.
Well, I'm not a Visa officer nor a guru. But, I advise people based on experience and what I learnt so far on Canadian student visa.

If a masters degree applicant applied for a year program in Canada, the applicant must have a justifiable reason for going for a year (12 months) masters degree in Canada. Few out of applicants with a year masters degree program will scale through while majority will be refused based on length of stay in Canada and purpose of visit.

Applicant going for a 2 years PGD that is relevant to their previous discipline of study/job role because their CGPA wasn't up to the minimum 2.1 requirement for a masters degree program in Canada will easily scale through than an applicant going for a year masters degree in Canada.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:16am On Apr 14, 2018
goingforward:

OMG very true, the 5707e does not contain information for siblings. The correct form is actually the 5645e as u mentioned. Thanks for the information. ( that's why its good to ask question oh). cheesy. Would delete and replace.

My village people say person wey ask question no dey miss road. grin

Gracias!

goingforward.
goingforward,

If you're applying online the family form there is the old one IMM5645E, so make use of it and if you're applying through paper route you're expected to make use of the new family form IMM5707E which excludes adding your siblings details. None of these forms are wrong, anyone that said this, is spreading a false information.

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Asapant:
Welldone Boss Frank.R. i've been looking forward to your response since all these while. buh a 16 months masters flew this week for TRv.
Asapant,

16months masters huh? I never said its impossible okay, but your reasons for going for such duration of program must be justifiable and convincing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 12:26am On Apr 14, 2018
Ratawu:

THEN GO ONLINE

Paper route would work better for me considering that I am applying with my company as the sponsor and i have a lot of documentation I am presenting.

But is it possible to submit passports and withdraw temporarily when I need to make the trip.?

Kind regards in anticipation of your response.

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:30am On Apr 14, 2018
Ratawu:

The correct family form will contain information for yourself, spouse , your parents , your children and your siblings
Ratawu,

Always be updated before you dish out advise/information here. The family form IMM5707E which excludes adding siblings details is currently used by paper route applications as recommended by cic while the old family form IMM5645E is still used by online application, which I know soon it will be updated to this new one. None of this forms are fake, nor has the correct/wrong one in them as you've just said.

The attached will educate you more. If you doubt the attachment you can as well explore to this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 12:53am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello how, I would love to ask if CIC call ones employer, am asking because my current employer would not want to release me. Quick response plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2018
chkb:
Hello how, I would love to ask if CIC call ones employer, am asking because my current employer would not want to release me. Quick response plz
chkb,

That was done some years back not anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jman77(m): 3:14am On Apr 14, 2018
Please can somebody explain to me what sign-in key and GC key means?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DRiches: 6:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello Gurus,

Please, is there any implication or whatsoever if your sponsor doesn’t declare h/her dependants?

As we all know that, your sponsor might have enough money a times, but much dependants might make the funds look inadequate and useless. More dependants, more money to be shown.

Cc: Frankrobbn1 , Mcobex, Austinpee4, Jnyuwa02
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adecoal: 6:47am On Apr 14, 2018
hi guys,

i'm about to apply for my study permit and something is bothering me. so here's the thing ... when i went for my nysc in 2016 i was so unlucky to have contacted tuberculosis cry cry in camp.. we were about 250 in a small room and it could have been from anyone. i received treatment from june 2016 to april 2017 here in lagos.. i was on drug for more than 9 months.. but in may 2017 i was asked to stop the drugs that the tb cells were dead and i was tb free...i had series of test to confirm this and it all came out positive and since then i've been very fine. so now to my question

on one of the forms there was a question about tuberculosis in last two years.. i'm thinking of coming clean by ticking yes but i'm also scared it will raise a red flag.. please what do you guys think??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Asapant: 6:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Alright.. Thumbs up Frank.
Frankrobbn1:

Asapant,

16months masters huh? I never said its impossible okay, but your reasons for going for such duration of program must be justifiable and convincing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by croyance: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello House,

Please which University in Canada accept 2:2 (second class lower) for a post graduate LAW program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2018
adecoal:
hi guys,

i'm about to apply for my study permit and something is bothering me. so here's the thing ... when i went for my nysc in 2016 i was so unlucky to have contacted tuberculosis cry cry in camp.. we were about 250 in a small room and it could have been from anyone. i received treatment from june 2016 to april 2017 here in lagos.. i was on drug for more than 9 months.. but in may 2017 i was asked to stop the drugs that the tb cells were dead and i was tb free...i had series of test to confirm this and it all came out positive and since then i've been very fine. so now to my question

on one of the forms there was a question about tuberculosis in last two years.. i'm thinking of coming clean by ticking yes but i'm also scared it will raise a red flag.. please what do you guys think??

Tick yes and explain that it has been cured. Afterall, you will undergo medical test and the result of your test will take care of that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 8:00am On Apr 14, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Ratawu,

Always be updated before you dish out advise/information here. The family form IMM5707E which excludes adding siblings details is currently used by paper route applications as recommended by cic while the old family form IMM5645E is still used by online application, which I know soon it will be updated to this new one. None of this forms are fake, nor has the correct/wrong one in them as you've just said.

The attached will educate you more. If you doubt the attachment you can as well explore to this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

All the best!

Experience is the best teacher. I don't just post any here if I am not sure of it. Don't let the applicant waste his money and time unecessarily. Since the applicant is doing the paper route, the VFS officials will not accept the family form you referred to from him and he will be forced to go and fill the correct form, that is the family form with siblings at their business centre which is somehow expensive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 8:02am On Apr 14, 2018
goingforward:

Paper route would work better for me considering that I am applying with my company as the sponsor and i have a lot of documentation I am presenting.

But is it possible to submit passports and withdraw temporarily when I need to make the trip.?

Kind regards in anticipation of your response.

Goingforward.

Yes, you can submit your passport and later make a request for your passport but has some cost implications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2018
Ratawu:

Experience is the best teacher. I don't just post any here if I am not sure of it. Don't let the applicant waste his money and time unecessarily. Since the applicant is doing the paper route, the VFS officials will not accept the family form you referred to from him and he will be forced to go and fill the correct form, that is the family form with siblings at their business centre which is somehow expensive.

Ratawu & Frankrobbn1,

Thanks for the information. I think the upper hand that paper route offers is the fact that each application would be checked by the VFS official before submission.

Maybe it just makes sense to fill both forms, upon getting there, they, i will mention that filled both forms, because i wasn't sure of the specific one. I think at that point they should select the one that is the right one and remove the one they do not need.

Abi?

GoingForward.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2018
Ratawu:

Yes, you can submit your passport and later make a request for your passport but has some cost implications

Okay, i will explore this option.

Thanks for the clarification.

Goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2018
goingforward:

Ratawu & Frankrobbn1,

Thanks for the information. I think the upper hand that paper route offers is the fact that each application would be checked by the VFS official before submission.

Maybe it just makes sense to fill both forms, upon getting there, they, i will mention that filled both forms, because i wasn't sure of the specific one. I think at that point they should select the one that is the right one and remove the one they do not need.

Abi?

GoingForward.

That will be the best move
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Otapiapia1: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2018
Please someone should respond to a brother
Otapiapia1:
Please house am finding it difficult in getting a potential supervisor to apply for my masters program..am looking at masters in environmental toxicology or environmental management in any of the universities...I have a b.sc in biological sciences with 2.1, I've tried to reach supervisors as listed on some of the departmental websites but they seems not to be responding to their mails...please house should I go on and apply without identifying a potential supervisor or I should keep pressing... I intend starting for a winter program in 2019... please you guys should help a brother or refer me to a page where I can get a feedback on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2018
Thank you sir,this info will really be off great assistance.God bless you.
mcobex:

1. Both(online and paper are good) but if you have more documents to submit I will advise you use paper route as there is no limit to the amount of document to submit(unlike online whose maximum is around 4mb/segment). Another advantage of the paper route is you get to do your biometric same day unlike online when you will have to wait for invitation from cic to go for it at VFS. Also online is expensive due to exchange rate(though it is stress free as you can do everything in the comfort of your home as long as you have a scanner and internet).
2. Your uncle sponsoring you isn't a problem but as a third party(not your parents or sibling) the he will have to show commitment by paying the said amount he wants to spend on you into your account or better still pay for your tuition fee. Just his statement of account and letter of support wont be enough. Yes you need a letter from him(letter of support fully stating how much he is giving you and his reasons)
4. Yes the funding is an advantage as it helps saves cost. How much is your total tuition? subtract the $4000 from your tuition fee and living expenses( at least $10,000) to know the balance you have to source for from your sponsor
5. No issue to that as long as you submit copies of the affidavit and newspaper publication with your application
6. Medical is done by cic approved clinics/hospital and the fee is not included in your application fee. You should check cic site to know the clinics around your location(Abuja) then contact them to know the cost. You can do a medical before you submit your application then submit the medical form with your application and the clinic will send the result directly to cic or better still you apply without doing any medical then wait for cic to send you medical mail before going for it(it saves cost).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 10:44am On Apr 14, 2018
mcobex:
...please sir,i need your phone number,,biko
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 10:47am On Apr 14, 2018
please sir,help a bro, i desperately need your mobile number.
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 11:00am On Apr 14, 2018
Bro abg,i need that draft to,,,,please help abubakargarba46@gmail.com please help me, thank you..
jnyuwa02:

Sure man, you got it!! I will redact all necessary info. Look in your inbox later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 11:15am On Apr 14, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks for your help so far. wink

Please on the (IMM 1294)- Study permit form, under the ''Details of Intended study (Funds available for my stay)''- Does that mean the total funds that i have for the program, in my account and in my sponsor's account or should that be just living expenses for one year + Tuition, or does it mean only living expenses exclusive of tuition.

What does the caption ''funds available for my stay'' mean?

Please help!

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Biakwa: 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hello gurus in the house

Happy weekend

My question is if ones application tracking number starts with cala(Lagos),Does it mean the VO will start and finish all necessary check here in Lagos?

And what is the difference doing in Lagos or Ghana?

Expecting your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
I advice you pm him.
Abu46:
please sir,help a bro, i desperately need your mobile number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Chyann: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hello house please am new to this forum. Am 26 and I applied for Canadian student visa for an undergraduate program in march. I got my denial letter on 9th. Reason being that they are not convinced that I will return after my program based on my travel history and purpose of visit.
I submitted all necessary documents including part payment of school fees receipt being 1000canadian dollar. My acceptance letter, sponsors bank statement of over 10million. I want to reapply but am confused on how to tackle these issues. Please help me with advice on what to do. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
Chyann:
Hello house please am new to this forum. Am 26 and I applied for Canadian student visa for an undergraduate program in march. I got my denial letter on 9th. Reason being that they are not convinced that I will return after my program based on my travel history and purpose of visit.
I submitted all necessary documents including part payment of school fees receipt being 1000canadian dollar. My acceptance letter, sponsors bank statement of over 10million. I want to reapply but am confused on how to tackle these issues. Please help me with advice on what to do. Thanks

Please show your full profile so that gurus in the house can advice you better

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.