Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786452 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2018
vtoluwalope:

congrats

Thanks Vtoluwalope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 18, 2018
OriEyeLe:
Congratulations bro.....my approval is next....I'm loving this good news today

Thanks OriEyele
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2018
Ratawu:

Congrats
This shall be the rain of testimony of approvals

Thanks Ratawu

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2018
Abu46:
Congrats man....

Thanks Abu46
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Wow!!! Congrats boss

Thanks to Phocusjosh and everyone. Make I no fill the 72nd page with thank you alone....lol

Mr Frankrobbn and Jnyuwa 02 I appreciate all your advice. I made the best use of them all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Pls who is going to University of Regina this spring semester?

Or are there uni. of Regina students in the house.
Pls lets hook up

#cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Soothing: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2018
My resumption is Spring /summer too. Uregina,
Still waiting patiently smiley

Good morning everyone,

Pls lets hook up

#cheers[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ToseroRock(f): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2018
yea me too..so how do we hook up then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
ikky:
Good morning great people,
Pls i need your contribution. I collected my passport yesterday and i was refused, this is my 2nd refusal.
1st refusal: Insufficient funds
Tackled it by paying tuition fees and paid living expenses into my dorm account.
2nd refusal: travel history, purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status.

Previous degree: Environmental Technology(12/15)
Intended course: MSC. Environmental Engineering ( Windsor)
Duration : 18 months

Document submitted
Waec certificate
HSE professional certification
Nysc certificate ( 2017)
Bsc statement of result
Ielts
Letter of intent (Sop)
Transcript
International passport
Birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate
Police character cert
Passport data pages
Intending school admission letter
Bank tuition fees confirmation
School tuition fees receipt( $13,000)
Employment letter
My Soa showing living expenses (3m)
Employment letter of sponsor( dad), work ID and confirmation of employment.
Sponsors 6mnths SOA and reference letter (closing bal. 49m)
Tax clearance certificate
Sponsorship letter and data page
Landed documents

Pls how do i tackle the second refusal.
NB: Applying for gcms file soon.

I think this is what is going on. CIC conducts its eligibility of review in two phases. First and foremost test is the financial test. Once this test is done and you pass, CIC proceeds to the second phase, which is purpose of visit, asset and financial status, etc, all ties. You didn’t go past the first phase in your first denial. Having refired and addressed the financial ground, CIC proceeded to the second phase and you failed. Now you need to tackle the second phase. I really don’t what else you can present that you haven’t presented already. Have you had a good relationship with your supervisor and does he know something well about you that he can feel confident to comment to the embassy about addressing whether you would return to Nigeria? Do you have a community leader in Nigeria you are close with who can address this issue in a letter to the embassy? Can you write a good SOP yourself offering a cogent rebuttal of the reasons ticked? These strategies would work. But first order your GCMS notes before proceeding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
KlausMike:

UBC's Bachelor of computer science (Integrated Computer Science)

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Please everyone

Seneca College has 2 courses im interested in..

One is 2 years and the other is 3 years
They have almost the same curriculum and yearly fees but the 3 year course has Co-Op attached to it

My question is will the years used to complete study make any difference towards getting PR?

As for The Co-op option, will it help towards Canadian work experience later on? As I know Canada and Australian employees will always want someone who has a bit of Homegrown experience

Please advice

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by de3lar(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

de3lar,
Good to have you here.
With the bolded program, I don't think it will be easy to find such exact program in Canada.
Try check: college of the north Atlantic canada at Newfoundland and British Columbia institute of technology. These are colleges that offers wide range of dipolma programs. You haven't gotten an institution yet, so no one can give you an estimate on what it cost, as many institutions have differences on their tuition. Meanwhile, make sure you have your 10,000CAD for living expenses approximately 2.8M plus your tuition (Which I don't know) for your first year of studies in Canada. Finally, don't be in a haste to sit for an English exam (IELTS/TOEFL) endeavor to know the admission requirements for the institution first before doing this. Nigeria is an English speaking country so I don't see reasons sitting for the exams.

All the best on your pursuit.
Thanks for the info. I graduated with pass in my OND, can i submit it applying for admission or I should use my o' level alone. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKFTK: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thebushboy:
A P P R O V A L ! ! !
Thebushboy1 applied March 13 Fanshawe College, Paper route, Medical request 28th March, Medicals done on 3rd April. Approval on 17th April, 2018.

See me wey just dey congratulate people some minutes ago.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. God bless you all.

Warm wishes,

Congratulations brother, I rejoice with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Said he did not see it
Frankrobbn1:

chibertha,

Ask your friend to send down the consent form while you sign, date and resend it back to your friend over there to complete payment on your behalf.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Congratulations
Aghatise:
Finally got admitted- PhD Engineering (Oil & Gas)@ MUN with funding..... thank God for this phase - it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibertha(f): 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Noted

Frankrobbn1:

Flawlessheyi,

HOW TO LINK PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

First, you need to create an online (GcKey account) on CIC webpage using this link

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Holabisi: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
Good day everyone,

Please I would like directions via public transport fom oshodi to the consultant practise, Raymond njoku Lagos.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by NobleA007: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Congratulation Bro... Please When Did You Apply?

Aghatise:
Finally got admitted- PhD Engineering (Oil & Gas)@ MUN with funding..... thank God for this phase - it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nairalanders,

I did my medical test today@ IOM.

I got there 8am.

I left 1.30pm.

If you want to leave in time ensure to get there before 7am.

The wait was not funny.

Kind regards

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nice advise Jeremy. Can't he appeal?
jnyuwa02:

I think this is what is going on. CIC conducts its eligibility of review in two phases. First and foremost test is the financial test. Once this test is done and you pass, CIC proceeds to the second phase, which is purpose of visit, asset and financial status, etc, all ties. You didn’t go past the first phase in your first denial. Having refired and addressed the financial ground, CIC proceeded to the second phase and you failed. Now you need to tackle the second phase. I really don’t what else you can present that you haven’t presented already. Have you had a good relationship with your supervisor and does he know something well about you that he can feel confident to comment to the embassy about addressing whether you would return to Nigeria? Do you have a community leader in Nigeria you are close with who can address this issue in a letter to the embassy? Can you write a good SOP yourself offering a cogent rebuttal of the reasons ticked? These strategies would work. But first order your GCMS notes before proceeding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Nice advise Jeremy. Can't he appeal?

Appeal to who?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Aghatise:

This TRV application I predict shall sail effortlessly through I predict. Going plainly by the face of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dorisdili:
I applied february 11th(online route) did biometrics february 15th.

Documents submitted
1) Birth certificate of myself, siblings and mother
2) Bsc degree
3) Admission letter
4) Sponsor(mother' sister) treasury bill statement of 10million
5) Co-sponsor's (cousin) business account statement, closing balance of 2.5million, inflow and outflow of 34million
6) Sponsors business documents, land documents, employment letter
7) Co-sponsors business document
cool Mother' land documents
9) Marriage certificate of sponsor(aunty) showing relationship with my mum
10) My bank statement showing of 3.1million showing prove of living expenses
11) Reference letter from my bank
12)Notarized sponsor letters from both sponsors
13)Proof of first semester tuition payment
14)All CIC documents including letter of explanation
15) Upfront medicals

This forum was very helpful to me. Thanks y'all.
Once again all the best to all hopefuls. Do ur best and leave the rest to God. Rely solely on God and watch him do it.

Congratulations! You dint submit your transcripts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
HerMoney:

Congratulations! You dint submit your transcripts?

Many don’t submit transcript and get approved. It’s up to you to submit if you want!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
To Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
jnyuwa02:

Appeal to who?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hi guys, I need someone to help me review my SOA. If you are available and have sometime to spare, please kindly assist.

I'm set to submit my application.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hi bro, please do you have sometime to help me review my application. i'd love to share my SOA especially with you.

Please assist if you can.

Thanks

jnyuwa02:

Many don’t submit transcript and get approved. It’s up to you to submit if you want!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Misi16: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm new here started following this thread last year when I decided to do a PhD. Still awaiting decisions on schools applied to. Queens anyone? Congrats to those who just got their trv. A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I am learning a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Your sponsor was a third party, No commitments, and got approved! You're very lucky!. Well, from the look of things, your application scaled through because you presented a very convincing/winning sponsporship letter that made the visa officer to believe your sponsor's claims. Congrats once again!!

Thank you.

I am sure it was just God's favour that saw me through. Success to everyone still awaiting their study visa.. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

Please, can anyone help with a sample leave letter for my children's school? What details must be captured in the letter?
My application is a family application.

Many thanks in advance

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dorisdili:
The co-sponsor business statement i submitted was for 4months

Hi,

Thanks so much for your response.

That means that one can leave the funds in the Business account and the living expenses in my account.

I was actually thinking of 6 months to the 1year account statement.

Thanks.

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reginabenson: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
I just sent you a pm

Pls lets hook up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.