Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (786364 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2018
Please is it normal for the principal applicant's application to be finalized and a minor dependent's on the application to still be in process I'll like replies from anyone who knows
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Darrelah: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hi guys.. Pls is it normal for my first biometrics to be automatically used for my second application? Applied and haven't gotten biometrics letter for two weeks now.. It Says Application is in Progress...? Should I be bothered. It has been like this since yesterday, was told they did system upgrade yesterday..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
reginabenson:
I just sent you a pm

Pls who is going to University of Regina this spring semester?

Or are there uni. of Regina students in the house.
Pls lets hook up

I responded...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thanks Frank and Jeremy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Many don’t submit transcript and get approved. It’s up to you to submit if you want!!

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ikky: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I think this is what is going on. CIC conducts its eligibility of review in two phases. First and foremost test is the financial test. Once this test is done and you pass, CIC proceeds to the second phase, which is purpose of visit, asset and financial status, etc, all ties. You didn’t go past the first phase in your first denial. Having refired and addressed the financial ground, CIC proceeded to the second phase and you failed. Now you need to tackle the second phase. I really don’t what else you can present that you haven’t presented already. Have you had a good relationship with your supervisor and does he know something well about you that he can feel confident to comment to the embassy about addressing whether you would return to Nigeria? Do you have a community leader in Nigeria you are close with who can address this issue in a letter to the embassy? Can you write a good SOP yourself offering a cogent rebuttal of the reasons ticked? These strategies would work. But first order your GCMS notes before proceeding.

Thanks @ Jnyuwa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
Has anyone that applied via VFS lastweek tried to link their account online? Normal VFS tracking is saying “no records found” and CIC too is saying same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
You definitely need a new biometrics before your application can be processed.

Darrelah:
Hi guys.. Pls is it normal for my first biometrics to be automatically used for my second application? Applied and haven't gotten biometrics letter for two weeks now.. It Says Application is in Progress...? Should I be bothered. It has been like this since yesterday, was told they did system upgrade yesterday..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
1. What is the forms for study permit
2. Do I need to open a dollar account with a bank in Nigeria
3. Does my sponsor need to transfer 10,000 CAD for living for a year to my dollar account or my niara account
4.my father is dead, do I need to fill his date of death in place of his day of birth, he does not have birth certificate but he has death certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hello House,

I should start by thanking all those who take their time to respond and advise on this platform, Kudos!

Currently in the process of gathering my documents to apply for TRV and I am a bit confused. What documents can I present to prove the relationship between me and my sponsor who is my uncle (my father's maternal half-brother)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
annaliese88:
Has anyone that applied via VFS lastweek tried to link their account online? Normal VFS tracking is saying “no records found” and CIC too is saying same

I applied on 5th April and I have linked my own
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
ikky:

Thanks @ Jnyuwa.

The problem may be with your SOP.
Let the gurus study your SOP and get professional advice.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, PRAYER PRAYER PRAYER
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jahluv: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
annaliese88:
Year I did and it worked. Just make sure that you input the right information.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bellapette1: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Bellapette1:
Please is it normal for the principal applicant's application to be finalized and a minor dependent's on the application to still be in process I'll like replies from anyone who knows

Help please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Phocusjosh:
To Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

No you cannot appeal to CIC. Rather, you can twist their arms to give you your visa by suing them before a federal court in Canada. To succeed you have to show the court that CIC legally erred by misapplying the law on your visa application. The chances of succeeding is very very low. But you might be lucky to win, it’s not impossible. Denied repeatedly by CIC, not many applicants have the energy or money to hire a lawyer in Canada to file this appeal for them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
Darrelah:

It is not normal! You gotta do a new biometrics every time you apply. I have seen someone not called in for biometrics until after the 4th week of his applying. Take heart, it will come!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
Bellapette1:

Help please?

I can see how that is possible, especially if it’s an approval for the principal applicant, CIC might be still be rounding up work to update the minor’s application tagging along.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Banks039: 12:24am On Apr 19, 2018
Pls, am new here , I have submitted my online application to IRCC , then I noticed I did not include a letter from my sponsor in the uploaded document , is there a way to solve that undecided pls I need ur help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Canadahelper: 12:47am On Apr 19, 2018
hustla:
Please everyone

Seneca College has 2 courses im interested in..

One is 2 years and the other is 3 years
They have almost the same curriculum and yearly fees but the 3 year course has Co-Op attached to it

My question is will the years used to complete study make any difference towards getting PR?

As for The Co-op option, will it help towards Canadian work experience later on? As I know Canada and Australian employees will always want someone who has a bit of Homegrown experience

Please advice

Thank you

The answer my friend is a big bold yes . A COOP program gives you tremendous advantages.
1. Exposure to the canadian work culture with “training wheels” .
2. Valuable experience for your resume
3. Familiarity with Canadian style interviews

Regarding permanent residency:
Length of program has no direct impact but most people use the canadian experience class stream which allows people to apply for PR after working for 1 year minimum . This work experience must be in canada and the Post Graduate work permit provides the easiest way to get this experience .
Post Grad work permit is issued based on length of program ; 1yr program = 1yr work permit , 2yrs+ program = 3years work permit .

Now length of program could be beneficial for citizenship , every day spent in canada as a non permanent resident e.g student / worker counts as a half day BUT you need 3 years in total in canada to qualify for citizenship and 2 of those 3 years must be as a Permanent Resident

Hope this answers your question bud

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 4:08am On Apr 19, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:49am On Apr 19, 2018
I sincerely look forward to seeing the beautiful country Canada and becoming one of the international students of the esteemed Thompson Rivers University and being on the International students that will pioneer Nigeria-Canada business and Technology relationship and advancement in the future, because for a better future we toil today to achieve.[/quote]

Please kindly remove this SOP immediately. It can lead to plagiarism of your work. Bad agents frequent this site and can lift your entire work and pass it with the application of one of their clients. Then a VO after you submit your application and reading your work, will think you plagiarized soneone’s Work because he/she had read the work somewhere before your application. Approach someone privately to help you. From the little I have perused, this essay needs a lot of work.

Stay away from calling Canada beautiful in your SOP. It reeks of desperation and a VO might easily use that against you. Stay neutral, avoid emotions and convey facts only in your SOP. Straight to the point, concise and short!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by olami101: 5:05am On Apr 19, 2018
mcobex:
You programme is less than 6 months, so you do not need a study permit but VISITING VISA. Visit cic site to know the requirement.
And as for the remaining 30% of your fee, its not compulsory you pay it(especially if the school isn't asking for it before you apply for the visiting visa) but make sure you have it and other funds(for your upkeep, flights....) in your bank account.
thanks...nagode.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by philoxy4: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2018
Good morning my people.
Pls can anyone help with list of items or documents required at POE.
#Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 6:22am On Apr 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:
I sincerely look forward to seeing the beautiful country Canada and becoming one of the international students of the esteemed Thompson Rivers University and being on the International students that will pioneer Nigeria-Canada business and Technology relationship and advancement in the future, because for a better future we toil today to achieve.

Please kindly remove this SOP immediately. It can lead to plagiarism of your work. Bad agents frequent this site and can lift your entire work and pass it with the application of one of their clients. Then a VO after you submit your application and reading your work, will think you plagiarized soneone’s Work because he/she had read the work somewhere before your application. Approach someone privately to help you. From the little I have perused, this essay needs a lot of work.

Stay away from calling Canada beautiful in your SOP. It reeks of desperation and a VO might easily use that against you. Stay neutral, avoid emotions and convey facts only in your SOP. Straight to the point, concise and short!

Thanks brother, removed, new to this site , don’t know how things work here. Now I know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chrislong(m): 6:34am On Apr 19, 2018
Please i did biometrics on monday and it still hasnt reflected on the cic website. do i need to link it somehow or what? I thought it would appear automaticallyy/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vivicintia(f): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2018
Goodday,

Please can someone advise if it's ok to apply for Canadian visa with prodigy loan and a sponsor.

The approved loan we have is half of the tuition fee and we r using sponsor for the remaining cost.

Hope embassy won't frown at this..

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nogen: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who got their TRV approved.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2018
Thebushboy:

Thanks to Phocusjosh and everyone. Make I no fill the 72nd page with thank you alone....lol

Mr Frankrobbn and Jnyuwa 02 I appreciate all your advice. I made the best use of them all.

I'm happy for you brother. Go and do wonders in Canada. Congratulations!!!

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18am On Apr 19, 2018
ikky:
Good morning great people,
Pls i need your contribution. I collected my passport yesterday and i was refused, this is my 2nd refusal.
1st refusal: Insufficient funds
Tackled it by paying tuition fees and paid living expenses into my dorm account.
2nd refusal: travel history, purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status.

Previous degree: Environmental Technology(12/15)
Intended course: MSC. Environmental Engineering ( Windsor)
Duration : 18 months

Document submitted
Waec certificate
HSE professional certification
Nysc certificate ( 2017)
Bsc statement of result
Ielts
Letter of intent (Sop)
Transcript
International passport
Birth certificate
Siblings birth certificate
Police character cert
Passport data pages
Intending school admission letter
Bank tuition fees confirmation
School tuition fees receipt( $13,000)
Employment letter
My Soa showing living expenses (3m)
Employment letter of sponsor( dad), work ID and confirmation of employment.
Sponsors 6mnths SOA and reference letter (closing bal. 49m)
Tax clearance certificate
Sponsorship letter and data page
Landed documents

Pls how do i tackle the second refusal.
NB: Applying for gcms file soon.
ikky,

Sir! Your profile is very strong to land you a TRV approval. I wonder what went wrong this time?
Please order your GCMS file, then we pick it up from there. I'm sorry for the outcome of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2018
annaliese88:

I applied last week and both CIC and VFS show my records.

Try searching properly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I think this is what is going on. CIC conducts its eligibility of review in two phases. First and foremost test is the financial test. Once this test is done and you pass, CIC proceeds to the second phase, which is purpose of visit, asset and financial status, etc, all ties. You didn’t go past the first phase in your first denial. Having refired and addressed the financial ground, CIC proceeded to the second phase and you failed. Now you need to tackle the second phase. I really don’t what else you can present that you haven’t presented already. Have you had a good relationship with your supervisor and does he know something well about you that he can feel confident to comment to the embassy about addressing whether you would return to Nigeria? Do you have a community leader in Nigeria you are close with who can address this issue in a letter to the embassy? Can you write a good SOP yourself offering a cogent rebuttal of the reasons ticked? These strategies would work. But first order your GCMS notes before proceeding.
jnyuwa02,

Very true, CIC reviews financial establishment/Bank statements first before proceeding to other areas of the applicant application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2018
June 2016 for Fall 2017 resumption - there was no supervisor at that time; my application was moved Fall 2018 session.

NobleA007:
Congratulation Bro... Please When Did You Apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.