Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787441 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It seems to me that the time for your conference elapsed before the South African visa to attend the conference that you applied for could be processed. So it seems the embassy never acted on your application and returned it to you. If that is the case, I would say you have not been denied a visa and your answer should be “No.”

Don't you think ticking "NO" is risky here?. Considering the fact that applicant application was delayed and returned back to him.
The applicant can still tick "YES" and quote the date of the refusal, this should be better than ticking "NO" even though there wasn't a refusal letter in the sealed envelope that was returned to him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Don't you think ticking "NO" is risky here?. Considering the fact that applicant application was delayed and returned back to him.
The applicant can still tick "YES" and quote the date of the refusal, this should be better than ticking "NO" even if there wasn't a refusal letter in the sealed envelope that was returned to him.

It is not risky at all. He wasn’t denied. Application was returned and no denial letter. A denial would have carried a denial letter along. He answers yes to a question that should be no? Makes no sense at all to me. It very clear he was not denied/refused and his answer should follow suit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:18am On Apr 27, 2018
Lotusboi:
please ooo, someone should answer. Thnaks. (Appeals to the Gurus @ jnyuwa02 etc)

Have you applied already? if yes then there's nothing you can do but to wait. If you haven't applied then it will be nice to let the vo know you are doing your NYSC now(it will show you are not idle at the moment).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2018
rolorolo:
Hello House, I am just curious. Is it possible for an applicant's TRV for schooling purposes be denied if one has scholarship from a Canadian University?
Very possible, especially if you don't explain your funding to the vo very well. Also someone can be denied for other reasons other than fund. You scholarship only tackles fund but there are other aspect to be considered as well before trv is granted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2018
Biakwa:

Good morning Frank,

Can I proceed with Express Entry process while my wife student visa is still in process?
Is there consequence if I embark on it, even at long run?

Expecting your response as usual.

No consequences Biakwa, you can go ahead and proceed for an Express entry while your wife goes for studies. It's a good idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It is not risky at all. He wasn’t denied. Application was returned and no denial letter. A denial would have carried a denial letter along. He answers yes to a question that should be no?

It's better to play safe that's my main concern. Anyway! You've point sometimes if applicant application is wrongly filled, not properly signed as expected or submitted close to date of resumption the embassy returns back the applicant app without processing it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:28am On Apr 27, 2018
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello Gurus in the house.. I really commend yours effort, the shared experience and advice given to me, which has been the driving factor that kept me going.

Please I've come again to seck your advice, I received a message from the embassy yesterday that

"In the current application package, you submitted a bank statement purportedly issued by FirstBank that has been determined to be fraudulent"

It's my personal bank statement Of account not that of sponsorship bank statement and I was given seven days altematum to respond to this information and my application will be judged base on the respond I provide to them ... Please I want you guys to put me through .
I will be very happy to hear from you soon. Thanks
Is the account truly fraudulent or has any fraudulent transaction? If yes then be ready to dance to the Reggae/Blues but if it is not then go to your bank and ask them to explain to you(so you know what to tell cic). I know cic hardly go wrong with issues like this. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

The bank statement you submitted, where did you get it from? Did you pay a bank employee to issue it to you or did you personally make it from your computer? What is the authenticity of the bank statement? Is it real? Come out honestly if you intend to gain any help here.
LOL! 30 billion for the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:32am On Apr 27, 2018
croyance:

Congrats!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:36am On Apr 27, 2018
mcobex:
Is the account truly fraudulent or has any fraudulent transaction? If yes then be ready to dance to the Reggae/Blues but if it is not then go to your bank and ask them to explain to you(so you know what to tell cic). I know cic hardly go wrong with issues like this. Best of luck

To the bolded words, That was what I said earlier, " they hardly go wrong" But jnyuwa02, said he has seen before, so I have to watch and see what comes after this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 10:40am On Apr 27, 2018
Congratulations, I tap into your anointing... Too much money.
croyance:
The documents submitted are listed below:

Study Permit Docs: Application submitted on November 25th 2017
All the required study permit application forms (cant recall the code no)
Admission Letter from Fanshawe College
Tuition Deposit Receipt from Flywire
My CAC Business Certificate (Limited by Share of 1million)
my zenith bank statement of account (4months )with inflow and outflow of 70m plus and closing balance of 2.5m
my GTbank statement of account (5months) with inflow and outflow of 80m plus and closing balance of 5m plus
My diamond bank Domiciliary account for 5months with inflow and outflow of 250 thousand dollars plus and closing balance of 14kplus dollars
A letter of reference from the banks stating my relationship with them
my marriage certificate
My degree certificate
my detailed letter of explanation with just three pages
my visa pages: USA and South Africa. (Traveled to USA and South Africa in 2017 and visa still valid)
Medical Request on Janaury 5th 2018
Medical done on January 8th 2018
Pasport Request and Approved on January 10th 2018
Passport collected on January 16th 2018.

Wife( Spousal Open Work Permit) After three rejection from USA embassy under 6months, (the last rejection was on January 10th 2018)
Application Submitted on January 20th 2018 four days after receiving my study permit
All Spousal open work permit application forms
My study visa approval page
my Admission letter
My tuition deposit receipt
My business certificates showing her as one of the share holder
our car ownership of certificate indicating both of our names
marriage certificates with enough wedding pictures
Evidence for Change of Name: newspapers publication and Court sworn affividavits
Letter of Administration from court as the next of kin to her late father properties and signatory
Her late farther Retirement Bond certificate from LASPEC
Her landed property receipts
Her South African visa page and enough throw back pictures
Husband two bank statement of account (Zenith and diamond)
Detailed Letter of Explanation
and some other docs that we cant recall
Medical request on February 20th 2018
Medical done February 21sth 2018 ( we did extra test because she is pregnant)
and the wait begins........................................................................................
Passport request and aprroved on April 18th 2018 (2months after)
Passport collection today April 27th 2018 by the special grace of God.

Note: she just got employed this January 2018 with Lagos state local government commission and I never use the employment letter or her statement of account.

God is awesome, and we glorify his holy name for the success of this application after three rejection from USA embassy. Never give up my people...

Please i am ready to assist in any little way i can. thanks for the love!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2018
mcobex:
LOL! 30 billion for the account

For real, there is some crazy amount sometimes in people’s bank accounts creating suspicion in the mind of a VO, leading to denials. I have seen amounts in the tunes of 50-70 million and VOs allways such people as these having such astronomical amounts. It is usually good to show amounts in tunes of leads than 30-35 million and showing the source of such money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

To the bolded words, That was what I said earlier, " they hardly go wrong" But jnyuwa02, said he has seen before, so I have to watch and see what comes after this

They go wrong, they are not infallible, in fact quite from it. I can guarantee it that this guy presented true statements from his bank, otherwise he won’t even have the audacity to place his question here. They do so for all kinds of psychological reasons.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

The applicant can still tick "YES" and quote the date of the refusal, this should be better than ticking "NO" even though there wasn't a refusal letter in the sealed envelope that was returned to him.
Sir, like I said they didn't send me refusal letter and passport not stamped. Why tick YES? I'm Kinda confused..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

They go wrong, they are not infallible, in fact quite from it. I can guarantee it that this guy presented true statements from his bank, otherwise he won’t even have the audacity to place his question here.

You think so? Some involve themselves into sharp practises and when it's too hot for them, they come here to seek for advise from the gurus. So don't be too sure/guarantee for another man's case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

It's better to play safe that's my main concern. Anyway! You've point sometimes if applicant application is wrongly filled, not properly signed as expected or submitted close to date of resumption the embassy returns back the applicant app without processing it.

Everything was complete then and legit. I could remember there was a public holiday around that time, hence it might be a major issue for the delay.

Sadly, they hardly reply to emails. One would have clarify this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2018
drhammed:
Sir, like I said they didn't send me refusal letter and passport not stamped. Why tick YES? I'm Kinda confused..

Do Canada embassy stamp passport when applicant application is refused?... The answer is NO.
As I and jnyuwa02 has deliberated on this issue, It might be that you submitted your application late and they never cared to review your app and decide to resend it back to you without processing it. In this case, your answer will be "NO"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You think so? Some involve themselves into sharp practises and when it's too hot for them, they come here to seek for advise from the gurus. So don't be too sure/guarantee for another man's case.

It makes no sense. I fraudulently make bank statements and when confronted I come to a guru for a way out, while telling the guru that I submitted true bank statement? This is not logical. A person who submits fraudulent bank statement and caught will not reply to CIC. Or he will silently confide with his co-conspirators.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2018
drhammed:

Everything was complete then and legit. I could remember there was a public holiday around that time, hence it might be a major issue for the delay.

Sadly, they hardly reply to emails. One would have clarify this.

It implies that your application wasn't processed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:09am On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It makes no sense. I fraudulently make bank statements and when confronted I come to a guru for a way out, while telling the guru that I submitted true bank statement? This is not logical. A person who submits fraudulent bank statement and caught will not reply to CIC. Or he will silently confide with his co-conspirators.

I dig your point bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by KlausMike(m): 11:10am On Apr 27, 2018
croyance:

my zenith bank statement of account (4months )with inflow and outflow of 70m plus and closing balance of 2.5m
my GTbank statement of account (5months) with inflow and outflow of 80m plus and closing balance of 5m plus
My diamond bank Domiciliary account for 5months with inflow and outflow of 250 thousand dollars plus and closing balance of 14kplus dollars
my marriage certificate
My degree certificate
my visa pages: USA and South Africa. (Traveled to USA and South Africa in 2017 and visa still valid)

Wife( Spousal Open Work Permit) After three rejection from USA embassy under 6months, (the last rejection was on January 10th 2018)
Application Submitted on January 20th 2018 four days after receiving my study permit
my Admission letter
Evidence for Change of Name: newspapers publication and Court sworn affividavits
Letter of Administration from court as the next of kin to her late father properties and signatory
and the wait begins........................................................................................

Note: she just got employed this January 2018 with Lagos state local government commission and I never use the employment letter or her statement of account.

God is awesome, and we glorify his holy name for the success of this application after three rejection from USA embassy. Never give up my people...

Aghatise:
Congrats...... I will be happy with guide on writing LOE for spouse.

I would also need pointers to writing a Letter of Explanation..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 11:12am On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

I was shocked seeing this. Well, Sir! It may interest you that payment of upfront tuition is not a prerequisite for visa approval. But it is really ridiculous after paying full tuition and having living expenses in a dorm account and the visa officer is still unsure if the applicant will have funds for their studies in Canada. I also wondered how they expected you to show proof of relationship with guarantor (NDCC Company) after going as far as settling your first year bills. For ticking insufficient funds for reason for refusal was an unfair judgement on your application sir. If I were to be you, you can hire an experienced immigration lawyer and request for a judicial review on your application, while a new visa officer reviews your application, this route takes a longer time like 6-8 months before a decision can be made and will cost you 450k-500K in naira.

Meanwhile, how was your sponsorship letter like, did they give a tangible reason for sponsoring you abroad? What they stand to gain in this sponsporship and the length of the sponsorship?

I submitted this @attached. I got the award on 2016 October deferred it to 2017 September because I needed to give NDDC time to pay my fees before I apply for visa. But after waiting till June without them paying I had to go ahead and applied with NDDC as main sponsor and my uncle as Co sponsor. I was denied on July 31st 2017 after seeing the GCMS the VO made notes about the stranded students that my main sponsor (NDDC) left overseas and attached an article about it from premiumtimes. And the second note was the recent lump sum on my co-sponsor account.

I jejely deferred my admission to 2018 September and waited till NDDC finally paid on January 2018. The scholarship is worth 30kusd but NDDC pay the equivalent of 40kcad which covers my full tuition fees for the whole program and the balance 16,284cad was deposited in my Canadian account for upkeep.

I was sure I tackled all these in my SOP bfr applying on March 20th. Tuition receipts, account statements even attached a personal Nigerian account statement of 3 million.

I really don't understand the VO from Kenya reasons for refusing my app. It's so complex and ambiguous.
I am willing to reapply asap but I really need to hear from you guys and put up a SOP for vetting.

I don't have the resources to hire a lawyer oh.

Thanks all in anticipation any positive input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

I submitted this @attached. I got the award on 2016 October deferred it to 2017 September because I needed to give NDDC time to pay my fees before I apply for visa. But after waiting till June without them paying I had to go ahead and applied with NDDC as main sponsor and my uncle as Co sponsor. I was denied on July 31st 2017 after seeing the GCMS the VO made notes about the stranded students that my main sponsor (NDDC) left overseas and attached an article about it from premiumtimes. And the second note was the recent lump sum on my co-sponsor account.

I jejely deferred my admission to 2018 September and waited till NDDC finally paid on January 2018. The scholarship is worth 30kusd but NDDC pay the equivalent of 40kcad which covers my full tuition fees for the whole program and the balance 16,284cad was deposited in my Canadian account for upkeep.

I was sure I tackled all these in my SOP bfr applying on March 20th. Tuition receipts, account statements even attached a personal Nigerian account statement of 3 million.

I really don't understand the VO from Kenya reasons for refusing my app. It's so complex and ambiguous.
I am willing to reapply asap but I really need to hear from you guys and put up a SOP for vetting.

You shared everything!
Aren't these not sensitive info's
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pheisharah: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2018
croyance:

my marriage certificate
My degree certificate

my Admission letter

Where was the application processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 11:52am On Apr 27, 2018
AKUPSME:

You shared everything!

don't Blame him, he's desperate, just advise and move on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JoseJonn(f): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2018
Mighty mighty Congratulations to all those who have secured their trv I'm sorry I can start naming everyone but gbemigal,croyance, Kyle something something and others! You are blessed, remember to put God first cos he is sending u there! For my people waiting for a reply, God has taken control already! The trv is ours already. For those making preparations to submit or refire! The Lord's ur muscle,he'll crown all our efforts!
For the gurus in the house, I say may God intecced for you as you have done for others! Grant you your heart desires you guys are the real MVP's! More testimoniessss on d way! pls if you are delayed don't give up its just a delay not denial....Do you best beyond all reasonable doubts and allow God to take the stage!
One love!#JoseJonn

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
AKUPSME:

You shared everything!

Noted boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=JJJV post=67073321]

don't Blame him, he's desperate, just advise and move on[/quote

You are wrong sir I am not desperate.

Just wanted to clarify things by sharing my award letter and deferment letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=DrND post=67073712][/quote]

My apologies for calling you desperate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
mcobex:
You just said you have a friend in Canada, not a RELATIVE..... so your answer should be NO.
On your first question, it means academic and work
hello. i have 3cousin in Canada, one in Newfoundland and two in Toronto and we are all bearing the same surname, so should my answer be yes in this situation? also my sponsor is my cousin , not the once in Canada but my dad step sister brother son. we do bear the same surname. he stays in japan. how can i prove that we are related
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

I have seen quite a number of people who paid all school fees in advance and yet insufficient funds was checked against them as a reason for refusal. You are not alone. You can’t really fault them. These people are catching up real fast to almost all the tricks used in the books by Nigerians. It’s an issue at heart dealing with credibility. They are used to Nigerians going the length of having a relative pay for school fees for them and once visa secured, they cancel the registration and ask school in Canada for a refund. They secure free entry to Canada with no intention whatsoever of studying. They don’t show up to designated school, rather abscond into thin air to illegally work or pepetrate a crime. Schools in Canada have wised up too and clamping down on this Nigerian syndrome by requesting for evidence of visa denial before they refund any paid fees. So I will advice you seek a quiet place to think and write a SOP that adequately shows you as a genuine student, one who would study in good faith if extended the privilege of studying in Canada. NDDC is a rather credible scholarship program just like PTDF. The officers in Kenya might not know this organization, so a bulk of your work should be working with the board members to write and educate Kenya on who they are, pointing to their website and track record on the past. You will win by God’s grace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
JJJV:

My apologies for calling you desperate.

It's OK sir. Apologies accepted.

Just trying to wrap my head around why I got refused.

It looked to me like though the VO saw my application but he didn't really go through it.

It's really painful to see another refusal without a clear statement about it.

Wud hv just let go of the study permit thingy and chase express entry.

But just want to give the study permit another shot coz if I don't resume on this fall the whole 40kcad will be sent back to NDDC. I just hv to hustle now or forget about Canny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.