Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,413 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (791473 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I have seen quite a number of people who paid all school fees in advance and yet insufficient funds was checked against them as a reason for refusal. You are not alone. You can’t really blame them. These people are catching up to almost all the tricks in the books by Nigerians. It’s an issue at heart dealing with credibility. They are used to Nigerians going the length of having a relative pay for school fees for them and once visa secured, they cancel the registration and ask school in Canada for a refund. They secure free entry to Canada with no intention to study and abscond into thin air to illegally work or pepetrate a crime. Schools in Canada have wised up and clamping down on this Nigerian syndrome by requesting for evidence of visa denial before they refund any paid fees. So I will advice you seek a quiet place to think and write a SOP that adequately shows you as a genuine student, one who would study in good faith if extended the privilege of studying in Canada. NDDC is a rather credible scholarship program just like PTDF. The officers in Kenya might not know this organization, so a bulk of your work should be working with the board members to write and educate Kenya on who they are, pointing to their website and track record on the past. You will win by God’s grace.

Amennnnnnn. Let me start working on my SOP and I will send it across to you for vetting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

It's OK sir. Apologies accepted.

Just trying to wrap my head around why I got refused.

It looked to me like though the VO saw my application but he didn't really go through it.

It's really painful to see another refusal without a clear statement about it.

Wud hv just let go of the study permit thingy and chase express entry.

But just want to give the study permit another shot coz if I don't resume on this fall the whole 40kcad will be sent back to NDDC. I just hv to hustle now or forget about Canny.

Yes order your gmsc note then give another shot, there's still time left. As for the EE, you can start prepping for ielts (target 8 all thru, if possible 9 in listening ), also pursue to get Wes certify your degree certs, I may not advise apply along side student visa even though they say it's allowed I doubt it's so in the VOs mind

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

It looked to me like though the VO saw my application but he didn't really go through it.

But just want to give the study permit another shot coz if I don't resume on this fall the whole 40kcad will be sent back to NDDC. I just hv to hustle now or forget about Canny.

Yes order your gmsc note then give another shot, don't loose the scholarship just yet, there's still time left. As for the EE, you can start prepping for ielts (target 8 all thru, if possible 9 in listening ), also pursue to get Wes certify your degree certs, I may not advise apply along side student visa even though they say it's allowed I doubt it's so in the VOs mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ggetter50: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
drhammed:
Sir, like I said they didn't send me refusal letter and passport not stamped. Why tick YES? I'm Kinda confused..
Hey,

Your passport was sent back to you, were you given the visa? No

Which English word would you use to qualify this? Denied/Refused/ or Granted?

Be sincere with yourself, you were not granted the visa!!! Definitely, that’s “Visa refusal ”

If you are not refused the visa, why didn’t you have the visa sticker inside your passport ?

I could see that, many people always afraid to state that they were once refused/denied a visa before while applying for another visa. You cannot be denied visa because of your previous refusal from other embassies.

I have once been in a situation like this where I applied for a visa and the embassy never got back to me for more than 4 months of application, then I sent them an email to know my status where I was told that my application wasn’t successful. I asked this embassy the reason, but surprisingly, “No reason was given”. However, I always state this henceforth whenever am applying for any visa as “ Visa refusal with no reason “ .... This has never affected me any way with the rest of my visa applications as have been successful with them all.

My advice, this is obviously a Visa refusal, you don’t have to have stamp or letter before you could believe this. Not all embassies stamp visa denial on passport. So, it is better for you to tick YES, and explain it further as “Visa refusal without reasons”

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
jacintaflavian:
hello. i have 3cousin in Canada, one in Newfoundland and two in Toronto and we are all bearing the same surname, so should my answer be yes in this situation? also my sponsor is my cousin , not the once in Canada but my dad step sister brother son. we do bear the same surname. he stays in japan. how can i prove that we are related
Your cousin can sponsor you, but he will have to pay your tuition fee and transfer your living expenses into your account or pay to the school(he needs to show commitment by doing making sure the funds is under your care since he is a third party). As for your cousins in Canada, even if you must state it make sure you have enough fund for your living expenses(not that you will now say since you have them there means you don't need to have accommodation money as you will be staying with them)...... make sure you have the required at least $10,000(for your living expenses).
NB: Ask them how they answered the question(especially the one that went last), cos I want to believe the four of them didn't travel the sane time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

You will get it
Have you ordered gcms notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

I submitted this @attached. I got the award on 2016 October deferred it to 2017 September because I needed to give NDDC time to pay my fees before I apply for visa. But after waiting till June without them paying I had to go ahead and applied with NDDC as main sponsor and my uncle as Co sponsor. I was denied on July 31st 2017 after seeing the GCMS the VO made notes about the stranded students that my main sponsor (NDDC) left overseas and attached an article about it from premiumtimes. And the second note was the recent lump sum on my co-sponsor account.

I jejely deferred my admission to 2018 September and waited till NDDC finally paid on January 2018. The scholarship is worth 30kusd but NDDC pay the equivalent of 40kcad which covers my full tuition fees for the whole program and the balance 16,284cad was deposited in my Canadian account for upkeep.

I was sure I tackled all these in my SOP bfr applying on March 20th. Tuition receipts, account statements even attached a personal Nigerian account statement of 3 million.

I really don't understand the VO from Kenya reasons for refusing my app. It's so complex and ambiguous.
I am willing to reapply asap but I really need to hear from you guys and put up a SOP for vetting.

I don't have the resources to hire a lawyer oh.

Thanks all in anticipation any positive input.

DrND,

Sir! Your next visa application you will need to draft a separate rational letter of explanation arguing that your previous application was wrongly refused, having paid full tuition and living expenses deposited into a Canadian bank account in your name and an additional 3M in your personal bank statement and for the visa officer stating that they are unsure of you having funds for your studies in Canada was an oversight by the Visa officer. Also, argue that you're a genuine student and your purpose of visit to Canada is strictly for studies and you're applying in good faith and will depart after your authorized stay in Canada (Provide your home ties) what can compel your return back home after studies.

In regards to showing proof of relationship with your guarantor (NDDC), you can explain to them that you're BONAFIDE student that was awarded a scholarship by merit from NDDC and can't be stranded while studying in Canada as they have already shown commitment by paying up your bills.

By the grace of God, I see you getting it the third trial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
blessedness:

Am not changing course but school; MBA. But do you know university Canada west? Is it a decent school?

@blessedness, UCW is not a good school. Check the reviews online. They just want your money. Check Vancouver island University.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
croyance:
The documents submitted are listed below:

Study Permit Docs: Application submitted on November 25th 2017
All the required study permit application forms (cant recall the code no)
Admission Letter from Fanshawe College
Tuition Deposit Receipt from Flywire
My CAC Business Certificate (Limited by Share of 1million)
my zenith bank statement of account (4months )with inflow and outflow of 70m plus and closing balance of 2.5m
my GTbank statement of account (5months) with inflow and outflow of 80m plus and closing balance of 5m plus
My diamond bank Domiciliary account for 5months with inflow and outflow of 250 thousand dollars plus and closing balance of 14kplus dollars
A letter of reference from the banks stating my relationship with them
my marriage certificate
My degree certificate
my detailed letter of explanation with just three pages
my visa pages: USA and South Africa. (Traveled to USA and South Africa in 2017 and visa still valid)
Medical Request on Janaury 5th 2018
Medical done on January 8th 2018
Pasport Request and Approved on January 10th 2018
Passport collected on January 16th 2018.

Wife( Spousal Open Work Permit) After three rejection from USA embassy under 6months, (the last rejection was on January 10th 2018)
Application Submitted on January 20th 2018 four days after receiving my study permit
All Spousal open work permit application forms
My study visa approval page
my Admission letter
My tuition deposit receipt
My business certificates showing her as one of the share holder
our car ownership of certificate indicating both of our names
marriage certificates with enough wedding pictures
Evidence for Change of Name: newspapers publication and Court sworn affividavits
Letter of Administration from court as the next of kin to her late father properties and signatory
Her late farther Retirement Bond certificate from LASPEC
Her landed property receipts
Her South African visa page and enough throw back pictures
Husband two bank statement of account (Zenith and diamond)
Detailed Letter of Explanation
and some other docs that we cant recall
Medical request on February 20th 2018
Medical done February 21sth 2018 ( we did extra test because she is pregnant)
and the wait begins........................................................................................
Passport request and aprroved on April 18th 2018 (2months after)
Passport collection today April 27th 2018 by the special grace of God.

Note: she just got employed this January 2018 with Lagos state local government commission and I never use the employment letter or her statement of account.

God is awesome, and we glorify his holy name for the success of this application after three rejection from USA embassy. Never give up my people...

Please, I am ready to assist in any little way i can. thanks for the love!!!

Hi Croyance,

Congratulation once again. God did it.

Thanks for providing this information. I find this very useful for me because I am applying for my entire family, the only difference is that I am applying for visit visas for my spouse and kids and study for me.

I am also applying with my company documents.

Please advice on how you were able to put in all these documents for your online application. I am trying to put mine and i don't want to reduce the image to small such that the VO isn't ab;e to read them
You said that you application was done online right?

Please help.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

DrND,

Sir! Your next visa application you will need to draft a separate rational letter of explanation arguing that your previous application was wrongly refused, having paid full tuition and living expenses deposited into a Canadian bank account in your name and an additional 3M in your personal bank statement and for the visa officer stating that they are unsure of you having funds for your studies in Canada was an oversight by the Visa officer. Also, argue that you're a genuine student and your purpose of visit to Canada is strictly for studies and you're applying in good faith and will depart after your authorized stay in Canada (Provide your home ties) what can compel your return back home after studies.

In regards to showing proof of relationship with your guarantor (NDDC), you can explain to them that you're BONAFIDE student that was awarded a scholarship by merit from NDDC and can't be stranded while studying in Canada as they have already shown commitment by paying up your bills.

No, no, no. You can’t state that your application was “wrongly refused” having paid full tuition. You will be refused again. They don’t like to hear things like that. It’s not a right, it’s a privilege. Rather you can argue that the High Commission reconsider their previous decision, outlining where or what you think was missed or overlooked in your previous application. You really have to be diplomatic about it. You don’t accuse them of been wrong. That is not how to invoke their discretion. Rather you invoke their discretion by asking them to reconsider their previous decision, highlighting areas you believe that makes you eligible for a visa that were missed or overlooked previously!!

Your other points are excellent.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi all
Is it true that admission for September has closed?

Especially for seneca and lambton or they'll be open next month?

I need clarification please before I piss for body

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
kylexy61:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ggetter50:

Hey,

Your passport was sent back to you, were you given the visa? No

Which English word would you use to qualify this? Denied/Refused/ or Granted?

Be sincere with yourself, you were not granted the visa!!! Definitely, that’s “Visa refusal ”

If you are not refused the visa, why didn’t you have the visa sticker inside your passport ?

I could see that, many people always afraid to state that they were once refused/denied a visa before while applying for another visa. You cannot be denied visa because of your previous refusal from other embassies.

I have once been in a situation like this where I applied for a visa and the embassy never got back to me for more than 4 months of application, then I sent them an email to know my status where I was told that my application wasn’t successful. I asked this embassy the reason, but surprisingly, “No reason was given”. However, I always state this henceforth whenever am applying for any visa as “ Visa refusal with no reason “ .... This has never affected me any way with the rest of my visa applications as have been successful with them all.

My advice, this is obviously a Visa refusal, you don’t have to have stamp or letter before you could believe this. Not all embassies stamp visa denial on passport. So, it is better for you to tick YES, and explain it further as “Visa refusal without reasons”

All the best!

Hey man, sorry you didn't read my former post before jumping in your tips.

Im not afraid of telling them, if truly I was denied. That can't and won't affect my application. God's grace.

If South Africa VO is denying VISA, they state the reason for such in a separate sheet. In my case they didn't give any reason. Why would I say it's refusal when I have everything to proof myself.

Thanks, I got the tips earlier on here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
hustla:
Hi all
Is it true that admission for September has closed?

Especially for seneca and lambton or they'll be open next month?

I need clarification please before I piss for body

Have you checked their websites and have you contacted the program coordinator for your program?
Try and get a direct info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
It's an advice you can either reject or take it. I think the advice he gave you is very reasonable. Just for you to be on a safer side. I advise you to follow it.
drhammed:

Hey man, sorry you didn't read my former post before jumping in your tips.

Im not afraid of telling them, if truly I was denied. That can't and won't affect my application. God's grace.

If South Africa VO is denying VISA, they state the reason for such in a separate sheet. In my case they didn't give any reason. Why would I say it's refusal when I have everything to proof myself.

Thanks, I got the tips earlier on here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
ayeopare:
It's an advice you can either reject or take it. I think the advice he gave you is very reasonable. Just for you to be on a safer side. I advise you to follow it.
OK. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
DrND:

Amennnnnnn. Let me start working on my SOP and I will send it across to you for vetting.

From your story sir, you mentioned CIC previously denied you because of history of NDDC abandoning students on their scholarship. They even go a step further to attach Premium Times articles to prove it to you.

From my own view point, it seems they have Blacklisted NDDC and didn't bother going to through your entire application or they have serious doubt on those payments and fees paid by NDDC.

I could say you should look for another sponsor, but it doesn't seem to me like you have that option available to you right now. While writing your SOP, focus on proving the credibility of NDDC. You can even show those they have successfully sponsored and now back.

My one cent

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

No, no, no. You can’t state that your application was “wrongly refused” having paid full tuition. You will be refused again. They don’t like to hear things like that. It’s not a right, it’s a privilege. Rather you can argue that the High Commission reconsider their previous decision, outlining where or what you think was missed or overlooked in your previous application. You really have to be diplomatic about it. You don’t accuse them of been wrong. That is not how to invoke their discretion. Rather you invoke their discretion by asking them to reconsider their previous decision, highlighting areas you believe that makes you eligible for a visa that were missed or overlooked previously!!

That being said, some applications were wrongly refused by some Visa officer. Once the applicant can demonstrate documented evidence not just by words, the applicant claims needs to be independently verifiable I don't see reasons why a visa officer will refuse the application again.

I articulate your point Legend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

That being said, some applications were wrongly refused by some Visa officer. Once the applicant can demonstrate documented evidence not just by words, the applicant claims needs to be independently verifiable I don't see reasons why a visa officer will refuse the application again.

I articulate your point Legend.

If evidence was all needed, then presentation of it would mean qualification for visa. Clearly we know you can present heaven and earth and still be turned down. But presentation of words to win the visa’s discretion in addition to evidence submitted, will carry one over. The right choice of words are very important in an administrative process. And in moving for reconsideration, you don’t say stuff like you were wrongfully denied. You ask the administrative officer to reconsider his decision based on what you think were overlooked previously. They don’t like to be told they are wrong, only that they overlooked stuff. It’s discretion we are dealing with here! Power to act however he sees fit, is bequeathed to the officer here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
JJJV:

Yes order your gmsc note then give another shot, there's still time left. As for the EE, you can start prepping for ielts (target 8 all thru, if possible 9 in listening ), also pursue to get Wes certify your degree certs, I may not advise apply along side student visa even though they say it's allowed I doubt it's so in the VOs mind

I have gotten the GCMS notes. I ordered for it last week Wednesday and got it yesterday was surprised coz it's usually gotten after 30 days but mine came within a week.

Thanks boss for EE tips I don't intend to apply for it alongside the study permit coz I might get refused on the grounds of dual intent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
AKUPSME:

You will get it
Have you ordered gcms notes

Amen boss. Yes I did that last week and got it yesterday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thebushboy:

Have you checked their websites and have you contacted the program coordinator for your program?
Try and get a direct info.

Just saw it
Only January is available
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

DrND,

As

Amen sir Frankrobbn1. I heard the magic always happens in the third trial. I have noted all you said. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I see your points instead of even saying that I was wrongly refused, my aim is to buttress and exhaust the points that will convince any VO that I am a genuine student. Thank you boss it will all end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi guys, is it advisable to submit proof of ownership of a car as personal asset?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by hustla(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
I have been hearing not too good things about Sarnia, where Lambton is

Heard its a deadzone with little or not jobs, who can clarify please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by croyance: 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hello

Thanks and May the Good Lord make your application a success

I did all application through ONLINE mode.

You can reduce or merge all scan documents through online PDF converter: https://online2pdf.com/

why not SOWP for your wife instead of visiting?

Again I wish you the best in your application!
goingforward:

Hi Croyance,

Congratulation once again. God did it.

Thanks for providing this information. I find this very useful for me because I am applying for my entire family, the only difference is that I am applying for visit visas for my spouse and kids and study for me.

I am also applying with my company documents.

Please advice on how you were able to put in all these documents for your online application. I am trying to put mine and i don't want to reduce the image to small such that the VO isn't ab;e to read them
You said that you application was done online right?

Please help.

goingforward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
croyance:
Hello

Thanks and May the Good Lord make your application a success

I did all application through ONLINE mode.

You can reduce or merge all scan documents through online PDF converter: https://online2pdf.com/

why not SOWP for your wife instead of visiting?

Again I wish you the best in your application!

Hi Croyance,

I am actually the wife, applying for study and my husband and kids - visit.

Can we chat privately?

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Twallace:

From your story sir, you mentioned CIC previously denied you because of history of NDDC abandoning students on their scholarship. They even go a step further to attach Premium Times articles to prove it to you.

From my own view point, it seems they have Blacklisted NDDC and didn't bother going to through your entire application or they have serious doubt on those payments and fees paid by NDDC.

I could say you should look for another sponsor, but it doesn't seem to me like you have that option available to you right now. While writing your SOP, focus on proving the credibility of NDDC. You can even show those they have successfully sponsored and now back.

My one cent

You are definitely right about them blacklisting NDDC due to their history in delaying payments of their scholars. Just recently two other scholars were also denied on sighting one of GCMS notes the VO refused the study permit application based on the Principal Applicant using an award dated 2016 with history of financial issues to apply for a study permit in 2018.

NDDC didn't issue us any telex copies so I will write to my account officer in Canada and to my school to state the source of funds and address it to CIC. I will also try to get a deferment letter from NDDC.

I could scout for another sponsor to transfer money into my Nigerian account preferably my uncle if I can convince him to.

To be honest with you I haven't seen any NDDC scholar that studied in Canada and is now back to Nigeria. But I know a lot of scholars in Nigeria that studied in UK.

Thank you so much for your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
HerMoney:
Hi guys, is it advisable to submit proof of ownership of a car as personal asset?
HerMoney,

It's not a reasonable asset to include. However, I have come across applicants here adding proof of car ownership and got approved. You can as well do same, If you think it will a positive impact in your application. Overall, it's not a tangible asset to applicant, as cic regards investments, shares certificates, buildings, landed properties etc... to a car as personal assest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.