Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (804025 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
Eichie123:
i did my biometric 4 days ago
Eichie123,

Yes you were called for biometrics last week, if I may ask you this question again, who submitted this application? You or the agent? If it is your agent ask for the details of your application, so you can keep track of your application day to day processing since you're unable to track it using the tracking number that was issued to you at the local VFS tracker website. Ask for your cic account details of your application from your agent. Better still, patiently allow your agent to finish up the entire visa process while you leave everything in God's hands and wait for a positive outcome.

This is what I have to say.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 6:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Eichie123:
yeah he told me that there was some delay with the procees that was why he take him so long to get back to me

To cure your curiosity to know the progress of your application. Request for your cic account and password from your agent since he submitted your app through online route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dunsin125: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
Anyluck applying to Canada for masters with a 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by VeecThorr(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hello,

My friend's brother applied for a visa, he has been asked to go for a medical. But, his application has been put on hold because he doesn't have a guardian in Canada. They've asked the school - Prince Edward Island - for one but they said they don't provide guardians for minors. Does anyone know how we can get a guardian for him? Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Eichie123,

Yes you were called for biometrics last week, if I may ask you this question again, who submitted this application? You or the agent? If it is your agent ask for the details of your application, so you can keep track of your application day to day processing since you're unable to track it using the tracking number that was issued to you at the local VFS tracker website. Ask for your cic account details of your application from your agent. Better still, patiently allow your agent to finish up the entire visa process while you leave everything in God's hands and wait for a positive outcome.

This is what I have to say.

All the best
thank you so much i am greatfull for this breakdown
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by davipod(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hello Canada 'gurus'

Please can anyone tell me how best to get a Supervisor for a masters course?
I wish to apply for masters in Electrical Engineering (MASC), but it seems for most universities in Canada I need to win the heart of a Supervisor who would be interested in me.

This has been giving me headache, can anyone help in this regards

Abeg!!!
i have started contacting some Lectures there.

I no mind links, contacts etc i no wan carry last grin . Tainks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
I am planning to send in my student application, but got bad news from a friend who got his reject in 3 weeks. He seems to have put in a good application, but was rejected based on purpose of visit.

And he applied online and did his biometric in Abuja. The decision was made in
Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Cinnah Caddesi 58
06690 Cankaya
Ankara
Turkey

Any reason why decision was made in turkey?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2018
Omonoba1981:

I am planning to send in my student application, but got bad news from a friend who got his reject in 3 weeks. He seems to have put in a good application, but was rejected based on purpose of visit.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Cinnah Caddesi 58
06690 Cankaya
Ankara
Turkey

Interesting!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nacos: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
dunsin125:
Anyluck applying to Canada for masters with a 2.2

It depends bro, If your last 2 years ended strongly, some schools might accept you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by okka(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

goingforward,

It's very fascinating to see that you're wisely making use of your time on research that will be of paramount benefit to you and the forum at large. Keep up with the good works as you are indirectly passing out relevant informations here and some day will turn out to be professional expert that will assist in helping out prospective applicants in achieving their goals. Once again, thanks for your wishes.

All the best!

thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Cinnah Caddesi 58
06690 Cankaya
Ankara
Turkey

Omonoba1981,

Sorry for the outcome of his application. It's obvious that there are different offices handling the visa processing.

Quickly, Order for his GCMS NOTE using this medium: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by okka(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

What do you mean by NCC? Do you mean Niagara Christian Collegiate? 15M will be your best bet here as POF

NCC means Niagara College Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Eichie123(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
Cinnah Caddesi 58
06690 Cankaya
Ankara
Turkey

why turkey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annaliese88: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
Yes. Exactly same steps and I have tried severally to no avail

Frankrobbn1:

annaliese88,

It might be you're still missing out some vital informations you filled out on your IMM1294 form. A friend of mine was complaining the same, but as at last week when I helped out, he find out that he was doing the wrong thing and now his application is finally linked online. Have you tried following the below link step by step guidelines and you're still not getting it right?

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#66255587
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
annaliese88:
Yes. Exactly same steps and I have tried severally to no avail

That serious! I persist you try giving it someones else to help you out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jimmychuks2018: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hi , has your biometrics been updated in your timeline? I did mine last Monday still no update that it has been completed.

Eichie123:
Good everning guys pls i drop a question this morning still waitibg to grt respond, i ask how long will it take brfore i start tracking my application on online because i did my biometric last on tusday and i was given a tracking number which was on my recepit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by okka(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

goingforward,

The figures shortlisted by you from cic webpage is correct. But you should also put into consideration if his kids will be enrolled into a creche or primary school over there in Canada, which requires a huge sum of money.Therefore, showing additional funds for just 4KCAD for adult dependant and 3KCAD for children won't be sufficient considering his tuition fees from NCC, flight tickets for a family of five. So, presenting just 10M will not fly here.

Education is free for children under 18 in government schools unless in private schools which are not really common and the flight tickets is different from POF because they are checking on your ability to cope financially post entry. I agree with you, it is good to have more than minimum acceptable POF to stand a better chance.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Omonoba1981(f): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Omonoba1981,

Sorry for the outcome of his application. It's obvious that there are different offices handling the visa processing.

Quickly, Order for his GCMS NOTE using this medium: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

To be eligible to make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada.

Seem you have to be a PR to request GCMS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hi Nairalanders,

I decided to go the online route.

Please for the online application form for my kids, do I have to say that they are studying or choose visit.
I noticed that what i chose to study it generates a study permit application form. My kids are 5 & 6.

My question is do i say they are studying or do I choose ''visit?''

If I choose study it is asking me questions about their school etc.

Please help.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ratawu:

This is what the CIC will use for your Spousal Work Permit whether you like it or not

READ:
Minimum Necessary Income and Family Class Sponsorships
Last modified on May 14, 2017
Originally posted on March 5, 2017 by Steven Meurrens
Filed under Immigration Trends Tagged 133, LICO, minimum income
One of the requirements to being a sponsor in both the Family Class and the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class is that the sponsor must on the day that the application is submitted and until the application is assessed have a minimum necessary income.

For most types of family sponsorships, the income must be equal to the minimum necessary income, which is statutorily defined as being equal to Statistics Canada Low Income Cutoff (“LICO“). The current LICO requirements are as follows:

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (the sponsor) $24,600
2 persons $30,625
3 persons $37,650
4 persons $45,712
5 persons $51,846
6 persons $58,473
7 persons $65,101
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,628
For sponsors seeking to sponsor their parents and/or grandparents, the income must be equal to the minimum necessary income plus 30% for each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application. The current requirements are as follows:

Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
Size of Family Unit Minimum Income
2015 Minimum Income
2014 Minimum Income
2 persons $38,618 $38,272 $37,708
3 persons $47,476 $47,051 $46,354
4 persons $57,642 $57,125 $56,280
5 persons $65,377 $64,791 $63,833
6 persons $73,733 $73,072 $71,991
7 persons $82,091 $81,355 $80,153
If more than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $8,358 $8,271 $8,148
Canadians seeking to sponsor their spouses or common-law partners do not need to have a minimum necessary income.

Excluded from these amounts include, amongst other things, any amounts paid to the sponsor under the Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits.

Looking Beyond the Notices of Assessment

Visa officers must accept Canada Revenue Agency Notices of Assessment as proof of income when a sponsorship application is filed.

However, the Immigration Appeal Division (the “IAD”) can look beyond the Notice of Assessment. In Motala v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2012 FC 123, the Federal Court stated that:

LICO is for PR and family sponsorship, not international students applying for SOWP, bringing their spouse and children to Canada. The official CIC policy for amount international students should have is 10k for principal applicant, 4K for spouse and 3k for minors. @Goingforward is correct. It is the figure all the applicants are using on the SOWP forum for the calculation of the POF in applying for their spouse to join

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
Omonoba1981:

To be eligible to make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada.

Seem you have to be a PR to request GCMS
Omonoba1981,

Inorder not to derail the thread. Explore to the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/85#66999561
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Ratawu, is correct here! This is what cic uses for SOWP.

What is your evidence sir for saying this is what CIC uses for SOWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
philoxy4:
Good afternoon gents and ladies,I need a clarification.I was reading through the canadian wesbsite on preparations to enter the border.I read a place that says i have to show the immigration officer i have funds to cover my study at POE.Will i have to print a new bank statement from my sponsor or the old one i used for application is sufficient?

There is no set rules on this. I will advice not more than a month, just like the visa office recommends. So if the one you used to get a visa is still within a month, you should be good. To be on the safer side, the most current is what I would do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
Newman1010:

If you want to switch school, then you should have an admission letter for the new school before entering Canada. Besides before UCW gives you your acceptance letter, you will have to pay a seat deposit of about $6000 which is non refundable except you’re denied visa. You can’t also get to Canada and decide not to go to school until you get a new admission from another school. If you want to switch school start processing admission with other schools and also get ready to lose your deposit.

Actually sir, you can switch schools before and after you get to Canada. It is a rather simple and seamless process you enact online on your CIC profile. Some people are accepted in multiple schools and change schools they want to attend last minut after getting their visa. Others wait till they are in Canada and find out that they don’t like the school they are attending. They transfer to another schools following CIC protocol online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
Newman1010:

Since October? That’s not possible. Stop trying to track it and contact your agent, he is not telling you the truth. It take not more than 5 days to get a biometric request after application. Kindly visit your agent with some military men.

Sir, sometimes it takes more than five days to be called for biometrics. I have seen someone called for biometrics after 30 days. But if this person claims he filed since October and was only recently called for biometrics, I sense something amiss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2018
jnyuwa02:

What is your evidence sir for saying this is what CIC uses for SOWP?
jnyuwa02,

This young man! I definitely know you will come attacking me again. That not withstanding, the both views from Ratawu and goingforward are both correct! I don't need to start proving them, because you will keep on prolonging the issue until you win.
Moreover, such questions will be best answered on SOWP thread not here, as this thread is strictly for Canada study Visa.

frankrobbn1:

Goingfoward,

The figures shortlisted by you from cic webpage is correct. But you should also put into consideration if his kids will be enrolled into a creche or primary school over there in Canada, which requires a huge sum of money.Therefore, showing additional funds for just 4KCAD for adult dependant and 3KCAD for children won't be sufficient considering his tuition fees from NCC, flight tickets for a family of five. So, presenting just 10M will not fly here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
VeecThorr:
Hello,

My friend's brother applied for a visa, he has been asked to go for a medical. But, his application has been put on hold because he doesn't have a guardian in Canada. They've asked the school - Prince Edward Island - for one but they said they don't provide guardians for minors. Does anyone know how we can get a guardian for him? Thanks!

You should look into churches and religious organizations within the Prince Edward Island. Many are happy to provide a congregant who would love to have a foreign student in their home, providing guardianship, room and Board for an arranged fee. It’s called the host family program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

jnyuwa02,

This young man! I definitely know you will come attacking me again. That not withstanding, the both views from Ratawu and goingforward are both correct! I don't need to start proving them, because you will keep on prolonging the issue until you win.
Moreover, such questions will be best answered in SOWP not here, as the this thread is strictly for Canada study Visa.

I am not interested in attacking anyone as much as I am interested in facts. The figures have been debated on too on the SOWP forum and the take is that one figure by @Ratawau is for PR and family sponsorship and the other by @goingforward is actually what CIC uses for assessing international students applying for SOWP. The figures are diametrically opposed and cannot be both correct for assessing SOWP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chidi4eze(m): 12:52am On Apr 29, 2018
Hello,

I studied Human Physiology in Nigeria and would love to switch to an "environmental course" or better still occupational health and safety. I am currently in Germany studying Environmental and Resource Management Bsc.

Can I apply for a graduate certificate or graduate diploma? Please can you differentiate both? Finally, can I get a stay after my studies and if no, what next can I do to get a stay.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 3:39am On Apr 29, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am not interested in attacking anyone as much as I am interested in facts. The figures have been debated on too on the SOWP forum and the take is that one figure by @Ratawau is for PR and family sponsorship and the other by @goingforward is actually what CIC uses for assessing international students applying for SOWP. The figures are diametrically opposed and cannot be both correct for assessing SOWP.

Yes, for PR but I am telling u authoritatively that it is what the CIC uses for SOWP now BUT IF YOU FEEL I AM WRONG, GO AHEAD AND DO YOUR WISH.
Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 29, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.