Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous (886 Views)

See How I Make Stir Fry Spaghetti, So Delicious (Photos, Video) / Stir-fry Noodles Nigerian Style. / How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous by vinegurl(f): 3:37am On Mar 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0MqlPiGJfs

Couscous is filling, cheap, healthy and super quick to cook; it's a side dish that works well alongside any fish or chicken recipe. You can prepare it like jollof rice, stir fry like I did or simply boil it and serve it plain with stew, however you want to make these tiny grain, it will still turn out great and tasty. Healthy veggies can be added to couscous for extra flavor and crunchiness. Here is a simple stir-fry vegetable couscous for breakfast, See the steps on how to make it, also watch the video too to see it practically.

[b][/b]Stir-fry Couscous Ingredients

1. 1 ½ cup of dry couscous
2. 1 medium smoked fish/chicken, shredded
3. 5 medium tomatoes chopped
4. One medium onion, chopped
5. 3 medium carrots, chopped
6. 2 scotch bonnets, blended
7. 1 small ginger, blended
8. 2 seasoning cubes
9. 21 large stick of spring onion, chopped
10. Curry and thyme, 1 teaspoon each
11. Salt to taste

[b]Directions:

1. Add 1 cup of water to a pot and place on heat, add salt and 1 seasoning cube to the water. Once the water has started boiling, add
couscous to it cover and let it soak in the liquid for 5 minutes. If you have chicken or beef stock make use of it instead adding seasoning
cube
2. The tiny granules of couscous need time to soften. Make sure your pot remains covered to capture the steam from the hot water.
3. After 5 minutes, the liquid must have dried, take the couscous off heat and set aside.
4. Place another pan on heat add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to it; add ginger and onions to fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the chopped tomato and pepper; stir-fry for 5-10 minutes until it turns soft.
6. Add in the chopped carrots and the smoked fish/chicken and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, season the sauce with thyme,
curry, 1 stock cube and stir to incorporate.
7. Stir in the cooked couscous and mix properly to coat with the sauce, add the chopped spring onions and stir. Let the couscous cook for 3
minutes more while stirring.
8. Stir fried couscous is ready, take it off heat and serve while it is still warm.

cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44,, Fynestboi, Obinoscopy, Dominique.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:31am On Mar 10, 2018
Where does one get dried couscous or scotch bonnets in Rivers state �
Re: Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous by vinegurl(f): 6:44am On Mar 10, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
Where does one get dried couscous or scotch bonnets in Rivers state �
You can get it from the super market or even from your local store in the neighborhood. Scotch bonneth is same thing as ata rodo, it is very common even in the street.
Re: Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:49am On Mar 10, 2018
vinegurl:

You can get it from the super market or even from your local store in the neighborhood. Scotch bonneth is same thing as ata rodo, it is very common even in the street.
You should have put the local name along with the foreign name

1 Like

Re: Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry Couscous by vinegurl(f): 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

You should have put the local name along with the foreign name
Okay maybe next time I will do that. Thanks for the advice.

(1) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed In My Kitchen / Imo State Small Chops / Jackfruit For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.