Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget (44241 Views)

See How I Prepared A 45 Minutes Spaghetti Recipe ( Pictures & Video) / How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. / How I Prepared A VERY TASTY Tomato Melon Soup With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Someone served me this jollof yesterday and I asked her what she used because it was so hot, spicy and delicious. She told me and I promised to make it this weekend. Though she didn't use spring onions.

Pics1
Ingredients.
Small/short grain rice 500
Shawa fish. 300 ( I fried it off cam)
Spring onions 100
Vegetable Oil 280
Tomato paste 100
Fresh pepper ( with some crushed garlic) 100
Seasoning cubes 50

Pics 2
Heated the oil and the onions, some of the spring onions, pepper and tomato paste to stir fry for some time.

Pics 3
After some mins of frying the tomato paste I added seasoning cubes.

Pics 4
I added enough water to cook the rice. Covered and allowed it boil very well then I added the washed rice and covered to done.

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pics 5
When it was almost done with tiny bit water still in it, I added the spring onions and covered to dry properly.

Pics 6.
Rice rice ready and served.

More pics.

This made a full pot was really tasty. At least it will serve me till tomorrow evening.

I'm currently on my second plate. Can't seem to have enough. The spring onions flavor took it to another level. mmm

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lalasticlala.. bon-apetit. grin cheesy.

12 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lalasticlala

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Deborah98(f): 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kollins 11 there are things you don't say in a public forum like this,look this type of food are usually the most delicious. There's one soup my mom used to cook till date I nicknamed "as usual". She uses just few things and most times with no obstacles just crayfish, leaves and we are good to go. Mehn the soup dey sweet. A little appreciation can spice up the whole thing or do you think cooking is easy.
@Channah 1 the food sure will taste great. Oh how I love fried shawa,I got to know of it here in Kd. Its not so common down East.

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kuku become caterer make we rest.

Buh ama show the procedure to my woman make she make am for me this sunday sha.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kollins11:
It doesn't look attractive and I'm sure it's not delicious. If I marry you I will definitely bring in my sidechick to come cook for me in your presence.

You're a waste of bride price.
U no even fit marry her, she senior u for age daadaa.

75 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
Deborah98:
Kollins 11 there are things you don't say in a public forum like this,look this type of food are usually the most delicious. There's one soup my mom used to cook till date I nicknamed "as usual". She uses just few things and most times with no obstacles just crayfish, leaves and we are good to go. Mehn the soup dey sweet. A little appreciation can spice up the whole thing or do you think cooking is easy.
@Channah 1 the food sure will taste great. Oh how I love fried shawa,I got to know of it here in Kd. Its not so common down East.

Thanks My dear.

What majority don't know is, it is not about too many ingredients sometimes. Again its what you're craving for at a particular point in time that will determine the recipe and method of cooking. They think it's always about chicken And color party jollof rice all the time.

Its my food and I cook it to suit my taste bud.

Honestly dear, this rice tastes soooo delicious. Even me I shock.!
As for the fried shawa, that's another delicacy on its own.
Have you tried it with abacha before? Haaa..

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Kuku become caterer make we rest.

Buh ama show the procedure to my woman make she make am for me this sunday sha.

Ah bòdá mì, let mummy Cook it for you, you'll nearly finish a whole pot. O dùn bàjé.

6 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Ah bòdá mì, let mummy Cook it for you, you'll nearly finish a whole pot. O dùn bàjé.
All the ingredients are in my kitchen but the onion leaves is missing.

I dont know where i can see the onion leaves here, i mean spring onions joo

3 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
All the ingredients are in my kitchen but the onion leaves is missing.

I dont know where i can see the onion leaves here, i mean spring onions joo

Lol... Onion leaves kor.. it's spring onions o jereh grin.

You can get it from those mallams that push carrots and other veggies in a cart.

5 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... Onion leaves kor.. it's spring onions o jereh grin.

You can get it from those mallams that push carrots and other veggies in a cart.
dey are not too common here tho. I lives in a rural community so.....

I wil look out for it wen i have the chance jare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Kollins11: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Whether she's young or she be evening newspaper.. I can't waste my hard earned money to pay her bride price.

That rubbish na food? abi you no sabi good food.. I can't feed my dog that "thing".

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
dey are not too common here tho. I lives in a rural community so.....

I wil look out for it wen i have the chance jare.

Suit yourself igbayen. undecided.

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Suit yourself igbayen. undecided.
what if i cook it without the onion leaves??

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Kilo fa ejó?
Se eyin le bí mi?

How can you possibly tell Im older than that element? Please please please, enuf!

5 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
what if i cook it without the onion leaves??

It won't have that special flavor.

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kollins11:
Whether she's young or she be evening newspaper.. I can't waste my hard earned money to pay her bride price.

That rubbish na food? abi you no sabi good food.. I can't feed my dog that "thing".

U sabi cook?
If we check well, na all dos red oyel concoction student u go belong to for uni ooh.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Deborah98(f): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Have you tried it with abacha before? Haaa..
No, I will certainly do that one day. The first time I came across it in the market here in Zaria,I was like which fish come be this one,it was a woman standing who persuaded me to buy it. Fish sellers here normally do sell in kilos,so I bought quarter to give it a try my dear my brain wan burst. Out of excitement I called my mom to tell if she can find it in the market there in the East she said no she didn't. Oh mehn the fish na heavenly...

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

It won't have that special flavor.
den recommend an alternative nigbayen

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Kollins11: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

U sabi cook?
If we check well, na all dos red oyel concoction student u go belong to for uni ooh.
I be like student for your eyes? Even if I be student, I can't eat that sacrifice.

Shey you dey whine me ni?

4 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

U sabi cook?

Hahahahaha... Does he even strike you like someone who went to the four walls of the University? With this behavior? Naaah... I doubt.

15 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Nekky5(f): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Wow!!!! well-done

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
Nekky5:
Wow!!!! well-done

Thanks Sis. wink.

3 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Kilo fa ejó?
Se eyin le bí mi?
Ahh noo, hmm, maami ma ma binu, na pocohantas and one moniker like that, (wether na juvenile she call hersef cant remember) talk say u don hold well well, reason wey a dey tell kollins11 dat make he respect elders.

No be say a wan cus vawulence ooh

How can you possibly tell Im older than that element? Please please please, enuf!
Element ke

Am done walahi. A dey comot

4 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
Deborah98:
No, I will certainly do that one day. The first time I came across it in the market here in Zaria,I was like which fish come be this one,it was a woman standing who persuaded me to buy it. Fish sellers here normally do sell in kilos,so I bought quarter to give it a try my dear my brain wan burst. Out of excitement I called my mom to tell if she can find it in the market there in the East she said no she didn't. Oh mehn the fish na heavenly...

You too like sweet mouth grin.
You Sabi Biko.

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
Channah1:

Hahahahaha... Does he even strike you like someone who went to the four walls of the University? With this behavior? Naaah... I doubt.

ahaaa, if he no go uni, e go go polytechnic wey get hostel grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by OlawaleBammie: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
Kollins11:
I be like student for your eyes? Even if I be student, I can't eat that sacrifice.

Shey you dey whine me ni?
at least u went to uni or poly and graduated. We know as we dey roast rice den grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Ahh noo, hmm, maami ma ma binu, na .... and one moniker like that, (wether na juvenile she call hersef cant remember) talk say u don hold well well, reason wey a dey tell kollins11 dat make he respect elders.

No be say a wan cus vawulence ooh
Element ke

Am done walahi. A dey comot

Imagine... Se na dem born mi ní?

3 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
at least u went to uni or poly and graduated. We know as we dey roast rice den grin

E ráye Oshi.

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget by Channah1(f): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
den recommend an alternative nigbayen

Non that I can think of right now. Abi you go use grass? grin grin lol... tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State / Which Of These Brands Of Coca-cola Did You Drink? Years. / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.