Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:32 AM

How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger (4015 Views)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / After Getting Married, What Did You Stop Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by sbucareer(f): 10:33am On Mar 09, 2007

I have been wondering if there is a medical or traditional ways to stop children sucking their hands?
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by cuteass1(f): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2007
my brother, that's a nice one ooo.
Well i think they should be stopped from they're kids, the lucky ones would stop but the unlucky ones might not. . . . . i don't think there''s a medical way of stopping it but traditionally there might be something. . . . . .

my habit is that i pick my navel. . . . . .its true, i do smiley

when i was much younger my mum used to place a plaster on my belly button, to make me stop. My belly button would get all sore, she'll remove the tape and at the end of the day i didn't stop or should i say couldn't cheesy

when i turned 19, i even got my navel pierced, thinking that after the 6-8 months the thing takes to heal, i'ld have been rescued from the habit, but that was not the case after my recovery i continued. . . . its funny sha

but now i do it more hidingly, like when i'm in bed cos i've been teased so much by my mum, cousins, friends infact everybody around me.

But will i ever stop completely. . . . . . that's something i'm yet to find out in the future wink

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by bunmii(f): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2007
put pepper or anything bitter on the finger the child sucks

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by cuteass1(f): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2007
i think bunmii has a point wink
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Ferlie(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
wrap the entire finger with plaster.
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by ashewo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2007
cut it off grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by fatliar(m): 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
scrub bitter leaf (ewuro) nd always dip his hand inside
no 1 who tell teach him how 2 stop
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by omoge(f): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2007
way back, i used to hear those ladies in the barracks telling others whose child sucks their finger to use razor blade and the child won't suck it.
or rub it with bitter leaf, just funny.

here in school there was this girl from india tall and pretty and we work and do take classes together. it is always funny to me when she starts sucking her hand. i asked her why you doing it, she said she loves it. then i asked again, you got a bf doesn't he complains, she said no that he likes her doing it,
i just shake my head. she is abt 23years old.

the habit is not good. don't leave her to continue doing it. whenever you sees her sucking, just tap her hands out of her mouth, don't know if it will work but try anything you can.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2007
this thread reminds me of myself then when i used to suck my left thumb cheesy

i was yelled at
,pepper was applied to my finger
it was bandaged so that it wont fit into my mouth cry
i was told that if i suck it my lips will fall off
there was a time i went for weekend .my cousins rubbed soap on it .i remember waking up to my aunt screaming that i was foamin grin grin
my parents didnt mind it was the numerous aunts and uncles .they made me miserable .
my dad had this notion that i will outgrow it .i sucked my thumb from birth until i was in primary six.
even now as old as i am i do suck it when i am sad or sleepy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by fatliar(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2007
hmmm agbaya
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2007
meaning? grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2007
no dont put pepper, is no good
if u really want them to stop
put their thump on fire , somethin hot

dat shud do da job grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2007
neneh you chop witch . . . .

my finger is very sweet . today i'll suck it before i sleep smiley
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2007
sakinah

u dey suck your thumb shocked grin

i will put it on hot fire, if i was there grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2007
neneh i do suck my thumb

its very good
keeps me out of trouble grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Sexyabby(f): 4:43am On Mar 12, 2007
i think dat there's nothing wrong in sucking ur finger,it makes me feel good whenever im sad nd when im sleeping

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2007
sexxy i agree with you .

my left thumb is my miracle .
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Creamish(f): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2007
apply bitter leaf (Onugbo) water on dat thumb night and day and he/she'll stop by force grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by goldmay(m): 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2007
Wow! i never knew that i had people like me i still dey suck my thumb even my elder brother & sister wer don marry still suck their thumb.
winkMy girlfriends re always okay with it, or u leave
Pls could start a forum Called THUMBS UP to advocate the right for all those who suck their thumb ot lip.

"Men as old as the are still suck a woman's breast". Its a free world!!! grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by jaybaby(f): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2007
Mukialata & the remaining that suck der Fingers--- how Old r u guys? 12 I guess cheesy cheesy cheesy

What I did was -Whenever i see der finger goin der--I beat it & my cousins really helped me a lot they do so 2 them 2

So all my kIds dnt Suck der Finger

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by goldmay(m): 6:12pm On Mar 12, 2007
like i said earlier , am an adult .it's smiley a free world !!! grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by jaybaby(f): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2007
Hmmmm!
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by nnenneigbo(f): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2007
3 of us in my family used to suck our fingers(thanksfully we've all outgrown it)
i used to suck my right thumb it was the best thing nothing beats it. if you've never sucked you won't understand.

i used to suck my finger with one hand on my (how can i put this politely) em , ok my nipple( mind you i was very young, that my nipple didn't fall out only God knows chai)

i gave up when i was in about primary 5 it just became too embarrassing. at home they tried everything to stop us, knocking our fingers out our mouth( that used to hurt but of course didn't work)

Onugbo was applied but only made it sweeter when the bitterness wore off( ah that was sweeeeet)

pepper, didn't like that too much but i'll sneak off and wash it when no one was looking.
plaster i hated as it left white debris on your fingers that stopped you from sucking well but for hard core suckers that can be overcome.

NOTHING CAN STOP FINGER SUCKERS BUT THEMSELVES

sometimes i feel like i'm missing somthing and i remeber its my thumb, but i couldn't suck it a ny more as it doesn't get wet and all nice like it used to( i'm talking about my thumb here guys)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2007
goldmay that will be a great idea . .
thumbs up to all thumb suckers kiss
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 3:48am On Mar 13, 2007
sakinah

U big baby

holy ghost fire go burn ur thumb

in jesus name :Amen!!!! grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Creamish(f): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2007
lol grin
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2007
Neneh leave me alone o

infact you should try sucking ur finger

its good for you grin cheesy
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Free(f): 1:09am On Mar 14, 2007
good 4 me ?

how

hey go ahead sakinah
suck ur thumb it seems i cnt stop U

i was tryin 2 help U oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Sexyabby(f): 1:28am On Mar 14, 2007
i still dont think there is nothing wrong in sucking ur fingers,but my mom said dat only people dat are mentally retarded suck their fingers

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by mukina2: 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2007
Neneh bombs cannot stop me from sucking my thumb cheesy grin

sexxy i have never heard that undecided tongue
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Sexyabby(f): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2007
@mukina2,lol dats wat my mom said,i guess she's just making it up to make me stop sucking my thumb
Re: How Do You Stop Child(ren) Sucking Their Finger by Ferlie(m): 11:41pm On Mar 14, 2007
stick the finger inside his/her arse hole, the smell will urn him/her off. chikena.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Wife Wear This? / When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / My Parent Is Having Too Much Sex...help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.