Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff (2460 Views)

The Globacom Customer Service Recruitment 2018 / Globacom Follow-up Interview / Globacom Nationwide Massive Graduate Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by LasgidiOnline(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
Married female staff of Globacom are currently in pains after the Chairman, Mike Adenuga laid off over 90 of them, according to a reliable source, the management laid them off because they were married and Mike Adenuga does not want married women in his company again.

Read a post from one of the sacked female staff.

I received a rude shock from the company I have served diligently for 13years yesterday. I, alongside almost 90 other married women were laid off simply because we are married and Dr. Mike Adenuga does not want any married woman in Globacom (Gloworld friendship centre).

I was laid off a company I dedicated my time & energy to, working tirelessly and always dedicated to my job giving my 200%. My family & friends would always say if I had a cut, my blood will be "green". Some of you would wonder what I was doing in Globacom for 13 good years, I will give you an insight of my story.

I joined the company a vibrant 22year old, freshly out of school graduate. I have worked with dedication, total commitment and loyalty. I can convinietly say I rose through the ladder being an outstanding staff and got whatever due given to such persons. Not a single one of the several bosses I have worked with can give negative report about me.

I have trained several staff on the job and can proudly say that i was a good leader as I was a follower. So yes, I was not stagnant (considering that the company has no coherent organizational structure) and had every reason to believe that hard work & dedication pays until Globacom said otherwise.

We were replaced with males (some of whom have not earned the positions) single ladies (who have neither earned nor have any knowledge about the job) and newly recruited staff who are by the way poorly paid all in a bid to get rid of us.

How can experience be thrown away because of a so called new structure? How does a marital blessing with the gift of children suddenly become a dissabilty to work? I'm not certain there is anyone that wishes for their child, sister, friend or even herself to be unmarried and not have children. This act is a discrimination against gender and human rights to work.

We were laid off with absolutely nothing in form of compensation for what they have done! We were used and thrown away with only one month salary in lieu which they promised to pay yesterday but have obviously failed to as usual. It is only in Globacom that such injustice can be done & feel "they" will get away with it. Please we need justice over the matter, kindly forward to as many of your contacts until justice prevails, this cannot be swept under the carpet! Thank you.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2018/03/mike-adenugas-globacom-reportedly.html

lalasticlala
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by LasgidiOnline(m): 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by amnesty7: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
"Either party can terminate the appointment without giving any reason...." Was this part of the initial agreement or not? Sympathies to you, though.

1 Like

Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by OfficialAwol(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Whatever anyone likes to think, this is business.

Your productivity diminishes the moment the baggage of family sets in, and boss wants to pay anyone who's not performing at optimum level.

That's why I'm gonna own my own business, no one's ever gonna sack me.
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by stephleena(f): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
u see the chief,reason most nollywood actresses can't stay in marriages,because of men like mike..i wonder,how me staying married,affects the quality of my outputs to my job.silly man looking for free nyash.

waiting for paddy adenuga,comments.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by waleyp(m): 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
We Know That SucK But, When You De EnJOY The GoodIES Inside The Goody BaG, You Didnt Come Out To Complain, Let Others And Young Ones EnJOY Too

4 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by EweduAfonja(f): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
Blood money
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by kenostika(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2018
Same way he sacked all Power Technicians last year.The worst telecom company in the world with very epileptic network that cannot open light Web pages not to talk of pictures even with 3G showing in your phone.Scammers.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by bigpicture001: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
it's dia p nd not mine..glo has always belonged to a yoruba man, 95% staffs are yoruba nd the people sacked are also yoruba...since am not yoruba...I dnt tink I hv anything to say....let direct ur complain to ur undisputed yoruba leader; the jagaban!!!!
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by Sleezwizz: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
bigpicture001:
it's dia p nd not mine..glo has always belonged to a yoruba man, 95% staffs are yoruba nd the people sacked are also yoruba...since am not yoruba...I dnt tink I hv anything to say....let direct ur complain to ur undisputed yoruba leader; the jagaban!!!!

U are too senseless

7 Likes

Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by Folasho99: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2018
LasgidiOnline:
Married female staff of Globacom are currently in pains after the Chairman, Mike Adenuga laid off over 90 of them, according to a reliable source, the management laid them off because they were married and Mike Adenuga does not want married women in his company again.

Read a post from one of the sacked female staff.

I received a rude shock from the company I have served diligently for 13years yesterday. I, alongside almost 90 other married women were laid off simply because we are married and Dr. Mike Adenuga does not want any married woman in Globacom (Gloworld friendship centre).

I was laid off a company I dedicated my time & energy to, working tirelessly and always dedicated to my job giving my 200%. My family & friends would always say if I had a cut, my blood will be "green". Some of you would wonder what I was doing in Globacom for 13 good years, I will give you an insight of my story.

I joined the company a vibrant 22year old, freshly out of school graduate. I have worked with dedication, total commitment and loyalty. I can convinietly say I rose through the ladder being an outstanding staff and got whatever due given to such persons. Not a single one of the several bosses I have worked with can give negative report about me.

I have trained several staff on the job and can proudly say that i was a good leader as I was a follower. So yes, I was not stagnant (considering that the company has no coherent organizational structure) and had every reason to believe that hard work & dedication pays until Globacom said otherwise.

We were replaced with males (some of whom have not earned the positions) single ladies (who have neither earned nor have any knowledge about the job) and newly recruited staff who are by the way poorly paid all in a bid to get rid of us.

How can experience be thrown away because of a so called new structure? How does a marital blessing with the gift of children suddenly become a dissabilty to work? I'm not certain there is anyone that wishes for their child, sister, friend or even herself to be unmarried and not have children. This act is a discrimination against gender and human rights to work.

We were laid off with absolutely nothing in form of compensation for what they have done! We were used and thrown away with only one month salary in lieu which they promised to pay yesterday but have obviously failed to as usual. It is only in Globacom that such injustice can be done & feel "they" will get away with it. Please we need justice over the matter, kindly forward to as many of your contacts until justice prevails, this cannot be swept under the carpet! Thank you.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2018/03/mike-adenugas-globacom-reportedly.html

lalasticlala
There must have been a reason why they were sacked and it’s not because of being Married, it has more to do with bad work ethics, nobody will fire someone who is adding value to their company, these set of women were definitely not adding any immense value
Re: Mike Adenuga's Globacom Sacks Over 90 Married Female Staff by lalasticlala(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2018

(1)

Npower 2018-2019 Application Guidelines And Registeration Format / FRSC Recruitment 2018 : Login Portal, Requirements And How To Apply / Please I Need Advice On Business I Can Do With 300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.