Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Punishment For A Rape Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Punishment For A Rape Victim (678 Views)

Rape Victim, Ochanya's Corpse For Burial (Photos) / Ho Lar Sugar: Rape Victim Now A Fashion Designer - Bright Sylvanus (Photos) / Stainless Precious Rape Joke: Ogechi Stella Njoku, Rape Victim Slams Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punishment For A Rape Victim by viceddy95(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
Saudi Arabia sentenced a teenage rape survivor to 200 lashes & jail time for being in a car with a man that wasn't related to her.. You would think that being raped by 7 men would be a good reason to maybe not punish her and whip her but the law is the law.

Thanks again #UN, first for electing Saudi Arabia to the Human Rights Council & more recently to the Women’s Rights Commission

They dropped her sentence but that was only after Western governments called them out on their barbarianism.

Bravo �

(Just for clarification: Heavy sarcasm).

Of course, this is a disgrace and should not be tolerated.

The Rabbit Hole

Re: Punishment For A Rape Victim by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
mynd44

lalasticlala

toks2008

come c dis o
Re: Punishment For A Rape Victim by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 11, 2018
It baffles me how any right thinking person will be practicing this kind of religion... Justice, Zero
Re: Punishment For A Rape Victim by Toks2008(m): 8:36am On Mar 11, 2018
As bizarre as it may sound I think there is something to hold on to here...

According to their law, a woman ought not to be seen alone with a man who is not her husband except of course the man is a family member...

This means she paved way for the act by crossing that line ...

Now coming to the western ideology of rape...a lady can come visiting her BOYFRIEND....dressing almost unclad and even initiate petting but maybe at a stage when the guy is about sliding in she says stop and the guy goes ahead,she can accuse the guy of rape....how insane

So whilst I totally condemn the punishment melted out to the lady, I kinda see why they gave her such.

(1) (Reply)

Several People Killed, Including D.P.O In Cultist Clash In Cross River / The Highest Dealers Of Illegal Degree Certificate In Nigeria. / Man Warns Nigerians On The Kind Of Church They Attend ,sharing A Church Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.