Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! (8868 Views)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Was Buhari, Amaechi And Tinubu Arrested In London Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by stormm: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ alldone

Na dis early you dey start your friday? softly pls
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
@190
Don't worry nobody will insult you. We understand its a mental problem you are struggling with.
For me I would just advice you hurry up and take your meds, before the manic disorder degenerates further.
Or better still, call your doctor quickly!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by tekma: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
MARVIX are U a patrotic Nigerian or Adams an/or IBB suporter, lets know where U stand an openly?.
Dont U c dat dis forum is 4 Nigerians and friends of Nierians.
Pls show some Luv 4 your fatherland if U are a Nigerian
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by akwaowoudo(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
It's a crime for Oshiomole to decorate a table for IBB. I beleive power intoxicates; what on earth should make a critic like Oshiomole act stupid? Oshiomole should be forced to visit a psychiatric home for brain check up.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by mamagee3(f): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
Who Cares, Same people all the time with their rants.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by samo(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2010
Whether you like it or not I think the one man , one-vote rally was held in good faith to sensitize people on the need to forgo election rigging. People need to be sensitized. I wouldn't want Oshimohole to smear his name with IBB . How would it be? IBB President and Oshiomhole his Vice? I think it wouldn't work. Oshiomhole is too volatile to be a YES man to IBB.

For news about Edo state visit http://www.edopeopleforum.com
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by illusion2: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
Another conspiracy theory gone sour.

So were Kenyamo & other PDP govs there to declare for IBB as well ?  undecided

Goodluck Jonathan & David Mark were equally invited ,so what is AC's stress? The rally was about one-man ,one-vote. . .the more high profile people there ,the more attention the event would receive.

IMO,Kenyamo did what everyone else should have done -use the opportunity to embarass the 'evil genius'.

[size=18pt]Oshiomole will always be a hero of the masses. People know this & will always remember,lets not fall for cheap blackmail. . . . the man's antecedents definitely precedes him.[/size]
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
^^^^^
Sorry to disappoint you, but Oshiomole might not be the man you think he is.
If he really is a man of the people why did he fight vehemently to prevent Jonathan form being declared as acting president.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by angel101(f): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
Let us not be deceived is all i would say lipsrsealed
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by illusion2: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
PapaBrowne:

^^^^^
Sorry to disappoint you, but Oshiomole might not be the man you think he is.
If he really is a man of the people why did he fight vehemently to prevent Jonathan form being declared as acting president.
Supply proof. Right now its just hearsay. . . . To assume one minority gov from a minority party would/can influence who becomes president of Nigeria may be stretching the imagination.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by joeycrack: 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
Let's not all jump into conclusions. I'm certainly no supporter of his but all Oshiomhole did was provide a platform for everyone to speak their mind. How can it be an IBB praise singing event when Festus Keyamo completely rubbished him. When the crowd was significantly anti-IBB. When Goodluck Jonathan was there speaking against undemocratic forces. What the AC people should have done is state their case to the masses and explain why we should not vote IBB rather than taking the lazy way out.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by snowdrops(m): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2010
PapaBrowne:

@190
Don't worry nobody will insult you. We understand its a mental problem you are struggling with.
For me I would just advice you hurry up and take your meds, before the manic disorder degenerates further.
Or better still, call your doctor quickly!
Una go kill person here o. ROFLMAO. grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by nethacker(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
joeycrack:

Let's not all jump into conclusions. I'm certainly no supporter of his but all Oshiomhole did was provide a platform for everyone to speak their mind. How can it be an IBB praise singing event when Festus Keyamo  completely rubbished him. When the crowd was significantly anti-IBB. When Goodluck Jonathan was there speaking against undemocratic forces. What the AC people should have done is state their case to the masses and explain why we should not vote IBB rather than taking the lazy way out.
they nvr took the lazy way out. they only did wat they feel was ryt to save the occassion. How would u expect some1 like wole soyinka to be in an exchange of words indirectly with IBB? he is too busy to be at d same occassion with IBB,
I think oshiomole is insane, is he dat deaf not to hear the public out-cry of Nigerians abt IBB? angry angry
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by snowdrops(m): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
nethacker:

I think oshiomole is insane, is he dat deaf not to hear the public out-cry of Nigerians abt IBB? angry angry
He is not deaf, his ears only picks the frequencies of godfathers; not tyrants like IBB. tongue
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by PastorOla1: 10:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
He who fight and run away LIVES to fight another day Soynka, Tinubu and Co should have waited to match Ibb man to man.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Tattooboy: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2010
Watever man. I just dont expect Soyinka in this game.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by SeXyBoNE: 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2010
lol

I knew Oshiomole was going to fail woefuly. upon all the mouth wey im don make. rubbish
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by illusion2: 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

lol
I knew Oshiomole was going to fail woefuly. upon all the mouth wey im don make. rubbish

This is the problem with Nigerians. . . ,  . . . . .perennial cynics. angry

No one wants to put their neck on the line, but complain they can .

Call a demonstration to protest the situation in the country,they'll excuse themselves. 

Oshiomole has put his neck on the line  in the past ,when he could have conveniently stayed away. He should be prayed for and supported . . not crass cynicism from people who have absolutely nothing to offer.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by redsun(m): 11:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
For fuc-king with ibb,he is nothing but a sell-out comrade.,he has tasted the evil fruit and to satan he belongs.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by usbcable(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
When I first saw the thread on NL I was totally disappointed in Oshiomole. but when my Landlady told me that it was not organised for IBB, then I saw the ineptitude of NL moderators in misinforming us. you guys have just made Oshiomole a black sheep whereas all he did was create a situation wherein high profile Nigerians could say their minds out in the face of tyranny. To me IBB was even more courageous to face his enemies than Soyinka and Tinubu and Co that avoided the opportunity which was gracefully maximised by the vibrant Keyamo.
whats wrong in an intellectual encounter with your supposedly arch enemy.which better platform do you need, one organised by PDP or IBB himself?
Moderators try not to paint wrong pictures with your headings its like yellow journalism to me.
thank God for keyamo and the regular masses @ the occasion that showed 'the evil genius' what we really feel about his ludicrous ambition. Babangida,Oloshi ara e, ti ko fe she anfani fun odomode Nigeria.
Alas I would be appalled to the marrow if on the long run Adam Aliu Oshiomole does a stupid thing as to run with IBB(A fallacious idea nonetheless).
But maybe the abscondees were misinformed about the event or they misinterpreted the occasion or possibly they were just point blank lily-livered.
I wish I could really really tell.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Baro(m): 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2010
That rally was not for IBB, it was put together to commemorate Oshiomhole's victory at the Tribunal and  to popularize his "One man, One vote" campaign. IBB only showed up to test his level of acceptance in such a civil gathering, and also to feather is new found democratic nest. The only blame due Oshiomhole, is that i suspect he never told Soyinka, Tinubu and co, that Maradona would be on the same Sam Ogbemudia Stadium pitch too. And so it must have been a rude shock, when the news came to them a few hours before kick off.  As they were probably ill-prepared to provide tackles that would/could scuttle the General's deft moves on the field of play, and so they shuddered and scampered for safety.

All the Ac Leaders that left the rally are all cowards, including Soyinka. They just lost a good oportunity to put an end to the presidential ambition of the 'Evil Genius'. Very funny they all ran just because of one man. Same man they continually castigate for not honouring an invitation to Oputa Panel, inter alia. Now they have him to devour on a platter of gold and they chickened out.

Tomorrow, they will start boasting and saying what they can't do on the pages of newspapers. If anyone should feel uncomfortable and suffocated in such a gathering to the extent of taking to his heels, it should have been the Ex-dictator, and not our so called democrats. Please, the title should read " 'DEMOCRATS' SCAMPER AT THE SIGHT OF IBB " . . . . . Kudos to the likes of Keyamo, and Odumakin, who stayed back to give the General a piece of their mind. How i miss Gani . . . .
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by walab: 12:11am On May 01, 2010
Oshiomole will soon off his khaki and start wearing 'agbada'.The guy is a schemer.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by bocagency: 1:34am On May 01, 2010
An activist once told me that Oshiomole was a fraud but i disbelief this. Now the chameleon has shown his true colour.
May God save us from fake messiahs.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:43am On May 01, 2010
oshiomole,am not surprise with dis.with all what you did to the workers of your state when you resume office since then did i known you are an evil genus just like your master ibb.out of your genus do you contest for labour party chairman so as to gain the heart of the people.you then contest for the governol of your state and after knowing the laws that guide workers you use them as slave and treat them in a way you once discourage when in power
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by naijamini(m): 2:15am On May 01, 2010
@Baro

Pity, if you were really taken by the opinion that it was not for IBB or may be you are trying to pool wool over our eyes. IBB doesn't just show up for stuff, it was for him period - great that Prof. Soyinka had good memories. Can't say that for my other fellow citizens.

Oshimole is going down the drain and the vortex is about to go gulp. They say if you make a deal with the devil he will bless you with great things, but his price is high or is it, if you eat with the devil use a long spoon.

In any case, IBB is trolling the Nigerian landscape to collect on the "free" favors he's being granting since 1993 - thats a lot of favors, enough to get him to Aso Rock. We need to stop him quick!

Baro:

That rally was not for IBB, it was put together to commemorate Oshiomhole's victory at the Tribunal and  to popularize his "One man, One vote" campaign. IBB only showed up to test his level of acceptance in such a civil gathering, and also to feather is new found democratic nest. The only blame due Oshiomhole, is that i suspect he never told Soyinka, Tinubu and co, that Maradona would be on the same Sam Ogbemudia Stadium pitch too. And so it must have been a rude shock, when the news came to them a few hours before kick off.  As they were probably ill-prepared to provide tackles that would/could scuttle the General's deft moves on the field of play, and so they shuddered and scampered for safety.

All the Ac Leaders that left the rally are all cowards, including Soyinka. They just lost a good oportunity to put an end to the presidential ambition of the 'Evil Genius'. Very funny they all ran just because of one man. Same man they continually castigate for not honouring an invitation to Oputa Panel, inter alia. Now they have him to devour on a platter of gold and they chickened out.

Tomorrow, they will start boasting and saying what they can't do on the pages of newspapers. If anyone should feel uncomfortable and suffocated in such a gathering to the extent of taking to his heels, it should have been the Ex-dictator, and not our so called democrats. Please, the title should read " 'DEMOCRATS' SCAMPER AT THE SIGHT OF IBB " . . . . . Kudos to the likes of Keyamo, and Odumakin, who stayed back to give the General a piece of their mind. How i miss Gani . . . .
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by benusi: 3:12am On May 01, 2010
all lies. moreover, this will never dampen oshiomole's image in the state. his good works speak for him. works not seen in the state since the time of Ogbemudia. to hell with pdp and all ur insane gimmicks.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by sley4life(m): 7:01am On May 01, 2010
hmmm
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by sley4life(m): 7:17am On May 01, 2010
hmm
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by hexcraft(m): 7:54am On May 01, 2010
All of you learned historians and Good people and even those of you that write gallantly on mis-information and mis-conceived opinions, will come back to eat your vomit. Oshoms is a better politicians than Soyinka, Tinibu and co who could not face their worse fears and defeat it. I give Kudos to all of them that appeared at that Great Occasion cos it is not easy to be in the same venue with your enemy.

"Draw your friends close but your Enemies Closer" is one of the 48 Laws of Power.
Don't ever try to outsmart your boss, else you will be fired.
IBB came to that venue "Invited or Uninvited" to test his popularity and the result showed for himself.

All of you ridiculing Edo people and the state, Did you see any poster or billboard resemblance of IBB in the State and around the Venue for the Event? Don't just seat on your laptop and write what you have no idea about.

This forum should be used to proffer solutions to the problem of Nigeria. All of you posting, what have you done for your people, village and  how are you helping others in your little ways.

Please give constructive criticism.

"Begin today to be what you want to be tomorrow". - St. Jerome.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by RyanGiggs: 8:18am On May 01, 2010
hexcraft:

All of you learned historians and Good people and even those of you that write gallantly on mis-information and mis-conceived opinions, will come back to eat your vomit. Oshoms is a better politicians than Soyinka, Tinibu and co who could not face their worse fears and defeat it. I give Kudos to all of them that appeared at that Great Occasion cos it is not easy to be in the same venue with your enemy.

"Draw your friends close but your Enemies Closer" is one of the 48 Laws of Power.
Don't ever try to outsmart your boss, else you will be fired.
IBB came to that venue "Invited or Uninvited" to test his popularity and the result showed for himself.

All of you ridiculing Edo people and the state, Did you see any poster or billboard resemblance of IBB in the State and around the Venue for the Event? Don't just seat on your laptop and write what you have no idea about.

This forum should be used to proffer solutions to the problem of Nigeria. All of you posting, what have you done for your people, village and  how are you helping others in your little ways.

Please give constructive criticism.

"Begin today to be what you want to be tomorrow". - St. Jerome.
usbcable link=topic=439190.msg5979861#msg5979861 date=1272666682:

When I first saw the thread on NL I was totally disappointed in Oshiomole. but when my Landlady told me that it was not organised for IBB, then I saw the ineptitude of NL moderators in misinforming us. you guys have just made Oshiomole a black sheep whereas all he did was create a situation wherein high profile Nigerians could say their minds out in the face of tyranny. To me IBB was even more courageous to face his enemies than Soyinka and Tinubu and Co that avoided the opportunity which was gracefully maximised by the vibrant Keyamo.
whats wrong in an intellectual encounter with your supposedly arch enemy.which better platform do you need, one organised by PDP or IBB himself?
Moderators try not to paint wrong pictures with your headings its like yellow journalism to me.
thank God for keyamo and the regular masses @ the occasion that showed 'the evil genius' what we really feel about his ludicrous ambition. Babangida,Oloshi ara e, ti ko fe she anfani fun odomode Nigeria.
Alas I would be appalled to the marrow if on the long run Adam Aliu Oshiomole does a silly thing as to run with IBB(A fallacious idea nonetheless).
But maybe the abscondees were misinformed about the event or they misinterpreted the occasion or possibly they were just point blank lily-livered.
I wish I could really really tell.

Baro:

That rally was not for IBB, it was put together to commemorate Oshiomhole's victory at the Tribunal and  to popularize his "One man, One vote" campaign. IBB only showed up to test his level of acceptance in such a civil gathering, and also to feather is new found democratic nest. The only blame due Oshiomhole, is that i suspect he never told Soyinka, Tinubu and co, that Maradona would be on the same Sam Ogbemudia Stadium pitch too. And so it must have been a rude shock, when the news came to them a few hours before kick off.  As they were probably ill-prepared to provide tackles that would/could scuttle the General's deft moves on the field of play, and so they shuddered and scampered for safety.

Thanks for those words.

Let us stop abusing individuals but champion what we believe in. People are free to associate with whosoever they want, so also you are free to vote for whoever you want. After all there is no law barring these acts.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by bong4(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2010
Nigerians do not understand political mathematics ((late Chuba Okadigbo). With these words, i wonder why the so called opposition leaders like Soyinka and co had to boycott the meeting and throw away the chance of a life time to tell IBB in the presence of other Nigerians that he has no stake in nigeria politics any longer. keyamo stayed back and did that while the rest cowered and left. Was Soyinka given a speech to make. Was he not entitled to deliver his mind? Evil strives when good men keep quiet. God may be using Adams Oshiomole to drive home the message of no more IBB in Nigeria politics. Pls do not castigate him yet.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by illusion2: 9:19am On May 01, 2010
I'm really surprised people can even criticise Adams. . . tell me who would you prefer -Anenih or Igbinedion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In Berlin Attacked / African Association Of Automotive Manufacturers And Buhari Pictured / Osinbajo: Nigeria To Make Forex More Flexible, Conclude Eurobond End Of Q1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.