Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,193 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! (8893 Views)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Was Buhari, Amaechi And Tinubu Arrested In London Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2010
marvix:

Oshiomole did nothin wrong in invitin IBB nd Mark, Soyinka and other AC leaders who boycoted d rally are cowards who can't nd cldnt stand up to IBB nd giv him a piece of their mind mayb they stil xpect him 2 com ova if d PDP denies him d presidential ticket so no need to stir d nest.

Keyamo nd others gave IBB food 4 thot, Oshiomole didn't use or allow d rally be used as a platform 4 any sort of campaign nd dat was d wisdom in invitin pple frm d other divide AC does not know jack abt politics nd dats y they hav bin unable to put their house in order to capitalise on d problems in the pdp.

Oshiomole is a better politician dan all those AC lords includin Tinubu himself wen Oshiomole wanted 2 go into politics d 1st wise decision he made was to run 4 gov of his state instead of d presidency, 2ndly he brought his LP into an alliance wit d AC even allowed d AC platform b used because there was a crack in pdp nd d pple were tired but if d opposition was not tick ther was no assurance d pple wld b able 2 ask the pdp 2 leave.

Politicians shld realise dat nigerians are tired of pdp but we need an organised, stable nd well spread alternative to the pdp.

CAN YOU BLOODY TYPE IN ENGLISH?

WTF!!!

What kind of mental laziness is this?
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by oludashmi(f): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
marvix:

Oshiomole did nothin wrong in invitin IBB nd Mark, Soyinka and other AC leaders who boycoted d rally are cowards who can't nd cldnt stand up to IBB nd giv him a piece of their mind mayb they stil xpect him 2 com ova if d PDP denies him d presidential ticket so no need to stir d nest.

Keyamo nd others gave IBB food 4 thot, Oshiomole didn't use or allow d rally be used as a platform 4 any sort of campaign nd dat was d wisdom in invitin pple frm d other divide AC does not know jack abt politics nd dats y they hav bin unable to put their house in order to capitalise on d problems in the pdp.

Oshiomole is a better politician dan all those AC lords includin Tinubu himself wen Oshiomole wanted 2 go into politics d 1st wise decision he made was to run 4 gov of his state instead of d presidency, 2ndly he brought his LP into an alliance wit d AC even allowed d AC platform b used because there was a crack in pdp nd d pple were tired but if d opposition was not tick ther was no assurance d pple wld b able 2 ask the pdp 2 leave.

Politicians shld realise dat nigerians are tired of pdp but we need an organised, stable nd well spread alternative to the pdp.

What are you talking about? It's so obvious you dont know what you are saying. You want Soyinka, Tinubu and others to be at the rally, robbing shoulders with IBB so that it will look as if they are IBB's supporters? Dont you know there presence and sitting together with IBB is enough to ruin the name and reputation they have built for years? Bird of a feather, they say, flock together which means if you are not of the same feather, you must distance yourself.

It will look like a rally crediting IBB. They acted right to show they do not and will not have anything to do with him. But Oshiomole is a big disappointment for inviting IBB in the first place.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by akwaowoudo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ah! Oshiomole? Why have you burnt your track record? Remember it was hard earned.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

i watched the rally on AIT. IBB was given the humiliation of his life when festus keyamo came on stage to address the crowd and he said IBB's presence was not needed here that his not a true democrat for annulling the the june 12 election, that nigerians shuoldnt vote for him and IBB buried his head in shame while the crowd rained abuses on him(IBB). the most embarrassing moment of it all was that IBB wasnt allowed to address the crowd like the other niger delta governors. SHAME ON IBB!
We need more of this!!!
He thinks Nigerians are still backward, boy u don chop cow dung!!!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by mdfash(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2010
It is beginning to smell like IBB is going to contest the Presidency on the platform of AC -- or his faction of it.
The PDP Presidential nomination arena is crowded, and IBB had already hinted that he could contest on the platform of any of the 51 parties. Like most people, I strongly suspect that he has an "arrangement" with our Comrade, the Governor of Edo, who apparently arranged the whole thing to "introduce" IBB to the other AC Chieftains.

The intrigues of 2011 is worth waiting for. I suspect that IBB will fail, despite all his money, because he has generated too much animosity against himself. To succeed in politics, you need to keep your negatives to the minimum. IBB has too many negatives, with the Dele Giwa, 12.8 billion and June 12 sagas. He should have come out boldly and apologize for June 12, instead of trying, unsuccessfully, to dribble around it. His re-entry will serve one useful purpose nevertheless -- the people will get to spend some of the money he has hoarded. I think even he now realizes that he does not need so much money, and that he is better of spending it -- while he still can.

Unfortunately, the excitement of the drama about to enfold before us will be incomplete -- unless we have honest -- or near-honest -- elections, which reflect, as nearly as possible, the will of the people.

Olusegun
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by cecegorz(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
Hey folks,

If the rally is actaully for IBB, how come Keyamo and Odumakin were able to speak against the devil at his own coronation

It looks like an open rally for every democrat to come and air his opinion, besides IBB is not known to be an AC member now?

The whole thing is now like a jig-saw, man
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Emperoh(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2010
Karma is a biatch!!!!

As for Adams, he got this mathematics WRONG!!!
This is not fighting Tony Anenih!!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by tkb417(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2010
i forsee a situation where on the election day, anybody who votes IBB will be stoned

i think he wont get up to 10,000 votes
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by babaowo: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
i love the nation called nigeria because the drama
can never stop.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by samquad(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
ol-OSHI-OMO-0LE, see your life. you are a disgrace to someone like me that looks up to you as a role model
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Pennywise(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
I feel rather disappointed that W. Soyinka declined to condemn IBB like the others in his short interview. He rather found a convenient scapegoat in David Mark. This is not a good sign of things to come.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Dozzy3(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
It just goes to tell you that there is no messiah for the masses. People see things differently when they are on the other side. Picture the Comrade if he wasn't governor in this setting- He would have done worse than Keyamo.
Money, greed,ambition for power can make you irrational. The same Soyinka worked under IBB in road safety.,.,.,
Long and short of my story- Nobody is really standing for anything (be it democracy,June 12,the masses, the common man e.t.c), you are in politics because of YOU-go ask Turai sad
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by metalgong5(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Wonders they say shall never end.
Imagine Tinubu, Bisi Akande and his fellow Yoruba rogues shunning a rally attended by a gentleman  like IBB. . .That must be a joke!

IBB remains the man to beat come 2011.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by alldone(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
what! you mean Oshomole is changing. too bad
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by splashbaby(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
metal-gong:

Wonders they say shall never end.
Imagine Tinubu, Bisi Akande and his fellow Yoruba rogues shunning a rally attended by a gentleman  like IBB. . .That must be a joke!

IBB remains the man to beat come 2011.
?You must be joking and kidding,
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Emmacarnegie(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
It will be the worst political step adams will take 2 support the evil IBB.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by sley4life(m): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
if this is story is true then im very disappointed with Oshiomhole
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by SLIGHT(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
Why doesn't ibb go and decieve his northern brethren to campaign for him?? Why R the southerners so gullible to his commands. I cant believe after all he's done in the last two decades, he actually wants to bcom presido again! Yoruba politicians and the rest of 9ja should chase this oloriburuku gbogbo back 2 minna. As the saying goes: do to others what u want upon yourself, should he win the election, let the election be annulled.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2010
I won't be to hasty to judge Oshiomhole on this one. Think about it: he invites IBB and David Mark, then invites June 12 proponents to speak!!! The ''boycotters'' were too hasty in their action. They ought to have stayed on and taken their part in the public shellacking IBB got! I imagine if Baba 70 were still to be alive, he would've been the ''guest artiste''!!!
''Who kill Dele Giwa, Na BABA, if you like make you put GIDA, Na BABA'' grin
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Akosbaba(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
Wonders shall never end
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by ib612(m): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
@Dozzy 3, comment #44, you have spoken rightly, too.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by vislabraye(m): 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ha. IBB is always a trickster. Remember what he did to Wole Soyinka and TAi Solarin ? He's trying to do similar thing again.

This goes a long way to reveal the heart of man when he is tempted. Oshiomole just could not resist the temptation of being the VP. But by playing with IBB, he might just be digging his political grave.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by newdeal(m): 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
Times like these when one is not sure where some of these so-called activists really stand,
make me remember the late Chief Gani, firm and uncompromising till death!!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Ournaija: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2010
IBB is a bad product. Oshiomole should have known better.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by attainer: 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2010
Nigeria is on the match again and things are beginning to happen again. I think there is just one solution to all these problem and that is OPTION A4,"stand behind whoever you want to give your mandate. If we use this method, I don't think any party will adopt a man like IBB as their flag bearer because the party will lose out. For Oshomole, it would be a mistake on the part of AC to adopt him for a second term cos he has allowed power to enter into him so much that he has lost it. It is really a pity that he rose this far only to plunge.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
Like Adams Oshiomole, Like Dora Akunyili.

You built a good reputation for yourself but destroy it when the masses are looking up to you.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by misterh(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
Godalone:

Adams is a bundle of dissapointment and his name is alraedy soiled.
About to be if he does not detest from such act. Deceiving the nobel laurate and other eminent Nigerians. It's so bad.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by hexcraft(m): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2010
Dear Poster,
This was the real meaning of the rally

This is Jonathan at that rally speaking, "“We are gathered here, I believe, to denounce electoral fraud otherwise known as rigging or better still, vote stealing. To me, electoral fraud is the basest from of corruption and we must do everything in our power to bring this to an end.

, Extract from Vanguard Newspaper.

Stop Character Assassination, Oshomole Has good intentions for the people of Edo State and Nigeria at Large. If you had followed the proceeding of that rally you will understand that it was IBB that came to use the forum to want to declare himself, by disrupting the planned rally. Thank God He (IBB) failed.

Character Assassination very bad. We should not destroy what we cannot create.

Follow the trend of issues before commenting.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by ftye: 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
, for all we know, it was all a perfect scheme by Tony Anenih and his cohorts to rubbish, discredit and bring an end to the Political career of Oshiomole.  I really dont see Adams in his right frame of mind conceiving such, we should look beneath the surface and not believe the obvious?
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by elelem(m): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
I am not surprised at all. I ve always known Oshimole as a cunning man who loves playing to the gallery and who always pretend to have the interest of the masses at heart.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by PapaBrowne(m): 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
ftye:

, for all we know, it was all a perfect scheme by Tony Anenih and his cohorts to rubbish, discredit and bring an end to the Political career of Oshiomole.  I really dont see Adams in his right frame of mind conceiving such, we should look beneath the surface and not believe the obvious?

Ok so Anenih gave Oshiomole ogogoro to drink, so his left frame of mind came into being abi? Nonsense.
If you knew better, you wouldn't speak like this. The man has just one thing on mind- Ultimate Power. The easiest route for him to get it is by joining IBB as his VP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN To Sensitize Nigerians On N5000 Note / Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election / Governor Umahi And The Herdsmen Crisis Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.