Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! (8892 Views)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector / Was Buhari, Amaechi And Tinubu Arrested In London Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by jatwill(m): 9:55pm On May 01, 2010
i have alway suppected Adams!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by idifu(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2010
Wole Soyinka should pls stop associating or whatever with the likes of Bisi Akande, the chairman of the AC, as well as Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos, Usman Bugaje, Femi Ojudu, Kayode Fayemi, Wale Oshun and Osun State guber candidate Rafiu Aregbesola, if hewants me to keep respecting him cuz these guys are all criminals like Oshiomole,
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Mesef1: 11:55pm On May 01, 2010
idifu:

Wole Soyinka should pls stop associating or whatever with the likes of Bisi Akande, the chairman of the AC, as well as Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos, Usman Bugaje, Femi Ojudu, Kayode Fayemi, Wale Oshun and Osun State guber candidate Rafiu Aregbesola, if hewants me to keep respecting him cuz these guys are all criminals like Oshiomole,

True talk my brother. They are all political criminals only seperated from those in PDP by parties. Tinubu especially.

@ Topic

I have always known Oshiomole is a fraudster. While he was the Labour Chief, his children schooled abroad and he was supposed to finance that expensive venture from his meager Labour office emoluments. So I am not surprised at all. This is just the height of it. To have invited IBB - a man who annulled a free and fair election where people stood in the sun doing "one man, one vote", to come and preach about the concept he himself does not believe in is a big contradiction.

May God scuttle Oshiomole's ambition to be VP! And may IBB be humiliated the more in his last days. Yes, his last days. Sometimes when God wants to deal with people, he gives them a chance to feel on top of the world and then make them fall like a park of cards. That, I'm sure would be IBB's story.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Nobody: 12:26am On May 02, 2010
Ibb is trying to test his popularity and acceptability among nigerians and oops,he got the most humiliating scenario of his life.i hope kosovo can now see that ibb cant become nigeria president through popular votes
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by kayuptown: 1:27am On May 02, 2010
Look i worked with oshiomole for 1 year in the government house and with this relationship i know him not to be deceitful when it comes to pulic issues. The guy has built a name for him self by fighting for the truth for nigerians so the oshiomole i know would rather die than for him to be called a criminal or a liar. IBB is just looking for a way to be credible by hanging around oshiomole. He wants the spotlight on him so he decides to go where the light is. Well thank God nigerians are now wiser than 1999, they cant deceive us again.\\

I support you my brother
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by SuperT(m): 4:54am On May 02, 2010
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos has also called on Ibb to come and be the presidential candidate of their party AC.

The reason he now shun the may be because Ibb refused the offer of Tinubu, he too want to be Ibb VP.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Appearance(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2010
That Adams is now hobnobbing with IBB is not an absolute fact. The best line of action Soyinka and co should have taken was what Festus Keyamo did; attend the rally, seize the podium and disgrace the shit out of IBB face to face. They may never get such a splendid opportunity.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by fxmaxony(m): 9:02am On May 02, 2010
after Oshiomhole, you will hear of another serving or former governor is scheming to deputize IBB, Nigerians are making IBB relevant because of what they speculate,

Let's hear it now, "there is no Vacancy in Aso Rock"   GJ will contest and win.

Even IBB is in the know and will abandon the race along the line, what he is doing is negotiating another round of safe landing in the new government.

Don't be surprise to hear "I declined to contest because My brother and my good friend Goodluck has done well in the short one Year and should be allowed to continue"

Its all about Maradonic moves.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by akota(m): 11:54am On May 02, 2010
Guys, i think Oshiomhole is a true democrat how else can u explain the One man One vote rally-an umbella to bring all shades and manner of people in one place to examine and proffer solutions to our electoral process.

WOS & BAT did not demonstrate maturity on this 1.IBB was not enough reason to have boycotted an epoch making electoral propaganda as 1man,1vote.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by StRichy(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2010
It's a pity dat Oshomole have once again fooled himself. I have always asked those in Edo state that still see him as a "saviour" to wait and see. I have not called him a woaf in sheep's clothing, but ur guess is as good as mine!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by illusion2: 6:43pm On May 02, 2010
I think Bola Tinubu is the last person to lecture us on democracy anyway angry
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by aikuda(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2010
I'm not as disappointed in WOS and co as I am in some commentators whose hatred for any IBB prevents them from seeing what the rally is all about. Not that I think Oshiomwole is the messiah that people think he is, but if you are going to castigate the man, look for a credible way to do it.

The one man One Vote rally, as have been rightly mentioned here, cuts across political parties. Therefore, Oshiomhole is not under any special obligation to inform WOS and co who will be there. When invited to such a rally, any sane person should anticipates and prepare for the attendance of people whose political beliefs are different from theirs. If they were so eager in avoiding IBB, perhaps, they should have asked if IBB was going to be present. WOS should stop taking orders from Tinubu. Whether we like it or not, IBB is an important part of our history. The man has the right to know how people feel about him. I am glad many Nigerian were courageous to tell him exactly how majority of us feel instead of running to hide from him.

It is ok to criticise anyone, but do it with facts obtained from understanding of the context.

This is the era of talk and openness, and not that of bigotry and hate. The youths of this country should especially see beyond the rigid ideological stands of many of our current leaders, and learn to embraze dialogue and civility.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by nigerfine: 5:42pm On May 03, 2010
Did i hear somebody in person of FESTUS KEYAMO STOLE THE SHOW?
This is to tell all Nigerians that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, at the time that matters ;IBB and the other evil perperatures in Nigeria will lose.Up Keyamo, up Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by mamagee3(f): 1:43am On May 04, 2010
Sagamite:

CAN YOU BLOODY TYPE IN ENGLISH?

WTF!!!

What kind of mental laziness is this?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by hollaz: 11:51am On May 04, 2010
I have reasons to believe that,that multiple murderer,IBB.masterminded the plan, just thesame way he has planned the death of many,like Idiabgon,dele giwa,the 100's of briliant military officers in a planned execution stlyle plane crash in Ejigbo, when he was in power.And for Oshiomole,he is a disgrace, national disgrace for allowing himself to be used, and sold all his previous credibilities just like that.I wonder how many more he will kill if he ever had the chance to be there.I wish Gani fawehinmi is alive.the least i can say is,why is nigeria even considering such a person with history of multiple murder as a presidential candidate?
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by favouredjb(f): 12:43pm On May 04, 2010
i Dont know why some people portray Oshiomole as a saint

the guy is clearly not one.i used to admire him alot until he started hobnobing with tinubu

i wont be surprised if he's nursing a secret vice presidential dream,(before you bite me)nothing is beyond this politicians

and adams is not an exemption,he's like any other corrupt politician,its all about what they can gain.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by favouredjb(f): 2:18pm On May 04, 2010
idifu:

word!
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On May 04, 2010
Na wa oh.
Nigeria Soap Opera is just getting interesting by the day
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by jokingmary(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2010
If the public knew he was a dupe before now ,why wasn't he arrested?
I won't be suprised if he contests for election in 2011 for presidency
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by snowdrops(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2010
jokingmary:

If the public knew he was a dupe before now ,why wasn't he arrested?
I won't be suprised if he contests for election in 2011 for presidency
Who dash monkey banana grin
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by perostical: 9:23am On May 05, 2010
Lies, lies everywhere! Soyinka, Tinubu, Fashola read the papers! They knew that former Presidents, Governors were invited. Is IBB not a former President. They flew first to Benin before doing a show of flying back and lamenting that IBB was also invited. Buhari was also invited. Is Buhari a better democrat than IBB? Didn't Tinubu plan to form a mega party with Buhari? These politicians should stop deceiving the people. Osho baba meant well. Afterall, if IBB votes for Fashola or Tinubu, they won't reject his vote, Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Only election riggers will reject the one man, one vote principle,
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by perostical: 9:50am On May 05, 2010
People should stop all the pretense! Soyinka worked with IBB as the first Chairman of FRSC. So why the sudden change? Again, Soyinka protested the presence of David Mark! Whether we like it or not, Mark is the Senate President, he heads the legislative arm of the Government of the Federal Republic. All politicians should rather embrace electoral reforms anchored on One man, one vote and in doing that, nobody should be left out, including all the IBBs of this world. Look, I'll rather have an IBB vote on election day to win than have a Soyinka, or Tinubu shun the election which could make me lose! I believe Tinubu and Fashola, who are politicians will agree with me. Let us forget this politics of exclusiveness for politics of inclusiveness where all are invited on board.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by slowpoison(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2010
To me i do not get the reasons why the aspiring godfathers of Nigerian politics backed out of the rally it would have been a divine opportunity for them to confront IBB and bear their minds to him and his politics past,present and future.
Thank God that Festus Keyamo did not tuck in his tail and run but spoke the minds of millions of Nigerians, unlike Soyinka ,Tinubu and their ilks who have once again thrown more grist into the Nigerian rumour mill, everyday plausible angles are added the event. it is this kind of action that lead to past rumours such as that which claims that it was Awolowo that decieved Ojukwu to fight the civil war, and that it was the same Awolowo that gave Gowon the age old military tactics (scourge earth ploicy) to use hunger against Biafra.

IBB has the right to join any and all parties and Nigerians have a right to invite and be invited to any forum or party but it does not mean that he can not be told the truth, asked to explain his past action or be told that he is living in a nightmare.
Re: Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! by eros(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2010
Cunning bastard Oshiomhole. Power truly corrupts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timpre Sylva's 48 Properties Seized By EFCC / DSS Attacks Journalist In Osun Assembly / Fayemi: APC Has Not Abandoned Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.