Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least (26665 Views)

Anthony Okolie: Hanan Buhari’s Sim Card Made DSS Detain Me For 10 Weeks / South-West Tops List Of Domestic Debtors, South-East Least Indebted / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Leads PDP With 136,351 Votes In Kwara Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Odingo1: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
SW should know that ritual killings( aka skull mining) by yoruba youth in a month alone surpass the killings in the entire SE in a year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:
The fact that SE 9js is the safest is not true. Since 60% of their people ran away from their barren lands to all over 9ja especially the SW. Majority of the crimes in the SW are committed by their pple, trust me. They're all savages!

Here you just shit yourself in the foot.

Assignment to all nairaland so let's Google 100 different articles of the following crimes carried out in Nigeria in the last 20 years

Ritual killings
Rape
Incest
Child molestation
Robbery
ATM fraud
Bank fraud
Land grabbing
Land fraud
Accounting fraud
Bankers who steal from.banks
Identity theft

Let's see which Nigeria tribe leads in this , my friend wirte a project on this recently I can tell you yorubas are Kings of these crimes

Now gotole same for Nigerian Nationals who engage in the following

ATM.fraud
Fake cheques
Identity theftnortgage fraud
Pension fraud
Immigration fraud
Armed robbery

For international africans engaged in these crimes yorunas lead again.

Remember I said don't.believe me use Google or send an email to.united states Homeland office say you are a graduate student and need stats

Or send the United kingdom office of immigrants security as state the same

I dislike tribalists but let's face it yorubas lead so these facts by the UN don't surprise me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

It's this chest beating, arrogant attitude that's made y'all a laughing stock all over the nation.

Empty vessels making the most noises. Savages!

Your comments actually paint you to be a Savage of the lowest kind
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Opentokwowledge: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
If this massacres were happening in a place like Gambia... grin
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by bionixs: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
nero2face:
Buhari wanted to use Python Dance to wreck havoc in SE... But God's love for His special people has kept us throughout de trying times, God will surely restore total calmness in Igbo land... Amen
amen

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
nwabobo:
Violent death : 1,351 killed in 10 weeks EMMANUEL OKOGBA
• 676 in Jan, 526 in Feb, 146 in March • North-East tops list with 591, South-East least with 30

For many Nigerian families, 2018 has become a nigtmare on account of deaths resulting from auto accidents and violent crimes. Just about 10 weeks into the new year, the country has lost 1,351 to violent deaths,according to Sunday Vanguard checks.

Last month, no fewer than 517 people died violently, across the country. In January, about 676 Nigerians were cut down through herdsmen and farmers clashes, sectarian crises, communal clashes, Boko Haram insurgency, cult clashes, kidnapping, and ritual killings, among others. The deaths are 176 more than the 500 recorded in January 2017.

The 1,351 deaths recorded since the beginning of 2018 exclude those who died from illness, childbirth, Lassa fever, etc.

The North-East remains the killing field with 591 deaths. It is followed by North-Central, 270; North-West, 193; South-West, 136; and South-South, 131. At the bottom of the list is South-East, 30. Borno State, the hotbed of the Book Haram insurgency, recorded the highest number of deaths with a figure of 361. Borno is followed by Benue, 163; and Borno’s north-eastern neighbours, Taraba (107) and Adamawa, which witnessed 103 violent deaths; Kaduna, 71; Rivers, 66; Plateau, 54; Zamfara, 45; Lagos, 45. States that also recorded huge deaths include Ondo, 39; Ogun, 35; Jigawa, 30; Kano, 27; Nasarawa, 22; Delta, 19; Anambra, 18; Kebbi, 18; Akwa Ibom, 16; Kogi, 14, and Cross River, 14. The rest are Oyo, 12; Bauchi, 11; Yobe, 9; Edo, 9; Bayelsa, 7; Kwara, 6; FCT Abuja, 6; Niger, 5; Enugu, 4; Imo, 4; Ebonyi, 3; Katsina, 2; Ekiti, 2; Abia, 1; and Osun, 1.

There were no reported violent deaths in Gombe and Sokoto. Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari says all hands are on deck to tame the monster of violence in the country. Buhari spoke in Taraba State, last week, when he visited to commiserate with the people of the state after violent attacks killed many resident there. He later visited Plateau State. The President continues his visit to victims of violent crimes across the country tomorrow when he heads to Benue State. By the same token, the Federal Government is intensifying efforts to ensure that it rescues, alive, all the 110 abducted students of Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/violent-deaths-1351-killed-10-weeks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

""South-East, 30""

The way Igbos love themselves ehh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Bane2020: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

It's this chest beating, arrogant attitude that's made y'all a laughing stock all over the nation.

Empty vessels making the most noises. Savages!
You're hungry, go and eat first then come back when your IQ adds more cognitive cells, cause I'm clearly trying to understand why I'm even wasting my time gratifying you with a response.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Guestlander: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bane2020:

Give me verifiable sources to confirm your claims... your assertion is not only laughable but can't be admissible in the court of law cause its baseless drivel. I can also claim a lot of crimes committed in the south east like motor park thuggery, petty theft etc are committed by Yorubas resident there.

Admissible in a court of law! You must be a joker. Crime statistics are never presented based on ethnicity but the names of the culprits are good enough.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nigeriadondie1: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
South-East should be least cos no skull mining activities there which accounts for high death rates in the South West which has a thriving ritual industry. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Funkybabee(f): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

That's yoruba propaganda. Now I will tell why. You see yoruba believes everybody is as animalistic like them. A yoruba agbero 'yoot' can kill his father to inherit his face-me-I-face-you building.

The only reason why there is relative peace in yorubaland today is because of colonization and civilization. The yoruba tribe was annihilating it's own people for centuries before the british came to save the savage tribe from themselves by colonizing them.

If the british had come 50 years later than they did, the tribe would probably have gone into extinction by now.

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiii see big lies
Shey no be you OSU nan ogini you wey dey kill ur papa just to inherit a throne abi no be what your story ,novel or film history based on....even with one stupid oporoko wey dey here run away because of property fight when u people can born elede and dey go dey kill themselves because of barren yam ewooooi
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Michael004: 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Bane2020: 6:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Guestlander:

Admissible in a court of law! You must be a joker. Crime statistics are never presented based on ethnicity but the names of the culprits are good enough.
And yet again you miss the point, I was clearly presenting your own hackneyed and ridiculous claims by throwing you a bone, cause we both know you are just trying to cut corners with baseless and shameless misappropriation of facts. So now it's no longer about ethnicity but names... so ethnicity and name as subject matters of crime are now mutually exclusive? do you now see how stupid you sound? in your attempt to be witty you ended up in another cul de sac, you are indeed out of sorts with reality, seek help.

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by MonPro: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
Funkybabee:

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiii see big lies
Shey no be you OSU nan ogini you wey dey kill ur papa just to inherit a throne abi no be what your story ,novel or film history based on....even with one stupid oporoko wey dey here run away because of property fight when u people can born elede and dey go dey kill themselves because of barren yam ewooooi

I know you are illiterate so I'll oblige you to write in yoruba so that we can use google translate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Michael004: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bane2020:

Give me verifiable sources to confirm your claims... your assertion is not only laughable but can't be admissible in the court of law cause its baseless drivel. I can also claim a lot of crimes committed in the south east like motor park thuggery, petty theft etc are committed by Yorubas resident there.
Is Evans case not one of them? What of igbo man that stole his Yoruba neighbour's ATM to withdraw his money in the bank.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Guestlander: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bane2020:

And yet again you miss the point, I was clearly presenting your own hackneyed and ridiculous claims by throwing you a bone, cause we both know you are just trying to cut corners with baseless and shameless misappropriation of facts. So now it's no longer about ethnicity but names... so ethnicity and name as subject matters of crime are now mutually exclusive? do you now see how stupid you sound? in your attempt to be witty you ended up in another cul de sac, you are indeed out of sorts with reality, seek help.

I'm sure even someone like you should be able to tell a Yoruba name apart from an ibo name. You don't need to introduce yourself as ibo when your name is Chukwudimeme.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Funkybabee(f): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
MonPro:

I know you are illiterate so I'll oblige you to write in yoruba so that we can use google translate.

Yes na since your head is full of poo
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Bane2020: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
Michael004:
Is Evans case not one of them? What of igbo man that stole his Yoruba neighbour's ATM to withdraw his money in the bank.
Still mentioning isolated cases here mate, is that all you got? Why not divulge all the hundreds of other crimes you claim Igbos commit in your region, let's start from Badoo cult killings, rape, ritual killings, armed robberies, credit card frauds etc that your people engage in? you can't just tell any sane listener that Igbos commit majority of crimes in the SW without as much as a database evidence... in the USA crime database, they claim African Americans and Latinos account for a bulk of crime, and they have their documented facts like demographic ratio of prison inmates based on race etc... has any survey or study been conducted and certified as official fact and figure that Igbos commit the huge percentage of crimes in your region? don't bore me with idiocy man.

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Follygunners: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Here you just shit yourself in the foot.

Assignment to all nairaland so let's Google 100 different articles of the following crimes carried out in Nigeria in the last 20 years

Ritual killings
Rape
Incest
Child molestation
Robbery
ATM fraud
Bank fraud
Land grabbing
Land fraud
Accounting fraud
Bankers who steal from.banks
Identity theft

Let's see which Nigeria tribe leads in this , my friend wirte a project on this recently I can tell you yorubas are Kings of these crimes

Now gotole same for Nigerian Nationals who engage in the following

ATM.fraud
Fake cheques
Identity theftnortgage fraud
Pension fraud
Immigration fraud
Armed robbery

For international africans engaged in these crimes yorunas lead again.

Remember I said don't.believe me use Google or send an email to.united states Homeland office say you are a graduate student and need stats

Or send the United kingdom office of immigrants security as state the same

I dislike tribalists but let's face it yorubas lead so these facts by the UN don't surprise me

Again, there's a reason you people are soo behind every other tribe in 9ja. There's a reason you run away from ur godforsaken jungle to our Yoruba lands.

Awon oloriburuku Olosho omo Igbo. 1963 is just a tip of iceberg for you guys.... the worst is yet to come!
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Follygunners: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bane2020:

You're hungry, go and eat first then come back when your IQ adds more cognitive cells, cause I'm clearly trying to understand why I'm even wasting my time gratifying you with a response.

Again, there's a reason you people are soo behind every other tribe in 9ja. There's a reason you run away from ur godforsaken jungle to our Yoruba lands.

Awon oloriburuku Olosho omo Igbo. 1963 is just a tip of iceberg for you guys.... the worst is yet to come!
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Follygunners: 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Your comments actually paint you to be a Savage of the lowest kind

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Bane2020: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

We are surely behind your people in idiocy though, cause you are a sordid detail of a dyslexic waste of space and time, like I said go and eat and come back when you have had your fill...cause you are clearly an angry hollow thinking deviant, and a product of circumstance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:
The fact that SE 9js is the safest is not true. Since 60% of their people ran away from their barren lands to all over 9ja especially the SW. Majority of the crimes in the SW are committed by their pple, trust me. They're all savages!

First of all, 60% of igbos left the SE n SS long before independence. Ojukwu, Zik and many other igbos were born in northern Nigeria over 100 years ago.

Pls bros just check the skull mining news with NCAN n tell us which tribe lead a it.

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Thank you for proving.my point so succinctly grin

You are a Savage through and through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by shallysgirl: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Biety:
See fake celebration of OSU baboons all over the thread.

OSU region is the most peaceful and yet you keep running away from it daily.

You travel to your villages on 24th of every December to celebrate christmas with your people and run back to SW on 26th of thesame month due to insecurity. And now you are celebrating mumu stat.

For me, OSU region is the most volatile after NE.

SW is the most peaceful region in Nigeria.

Keep living in delusion to comfort yasef. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Once again you have proved my point. It's clear you have very limited capabilities at critical thinking.

You have no facts to argue with hence resort to petty name calling which off course is typical of svaages
You are unfit to be a spokes man for the Noble yoruba tribe as all you serve for is a point of ridicule
You are both uncoth and a tout
You are unable to.engage in intelligent conversation hence you ego defence.mechnism would automatically reset to it's default savagery state
I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Guestlander: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
shallysgirl:
Keep living in delusion to comfort yasef. SMH.

Delusions such as This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATI1F928FY

Mother****er who turned Yorubaland to his hunting ground.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Follygunners: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bane2020:

We are surely behind your people in idiocy though, cause you are a sordid detail of a dyslexic waste of space and time, like I said go and eat and come back when you have had your fill...cause you are clearly an angry hollow thinking deviant, and a product of circumstance.

Western Slavery don encapsulate ur mentality. Using complex grammar of a colonial master to exhibit ur level of level of education only depicts you as a low I.Q individual.
A group of pple with no common ideology, culture or even language. Over 30 Igbo languages among a very small group of Igbo pple... shows how divided you bunch are.

Again, you guys should all leave the whole SW and go develop ur jungles, developers. grin. I was initially sad abt the near genocide attempt against you pple in 1963 but, after getting to see the real Igbo pple, I realized it was a big big mistake made by the FGN not to have eradicated y'all.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by Follygunners: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Once again you have proved my point. It's clear you have very limited capabilities at critical thinking.

You have no facts to argue with hence resort to petty name calling which off course is typical of svaages
You are unfit to be a spokes man for the Noble yoruba tribe as all you serve for is a point of ridicule
You are both uncoth and a tout
You are unable to.engage in intelligent conversation hence you ego defence.mechnism would automatically reset to it's default savagery state
I rest my case

Intelligent convo with an animal and Savage like you?
Nah bro... I'm far from dat. You guys don't know what's like to be amicable and civil. Your behaviors all over SE and Northern 9ja speaks volume. The only thing you adhere to is aggression.

But, for God's sake, why can't you guys just go back to ur godforsaken jungle? Why are you all running away from it?
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by nnaeyes6: 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
The North don carry trophy for violent death. keep it up.
Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by shallysgirl: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

There is nothing you can do but remain bitter in your satanic wish. 1963is over 50yrs ago. Oloriburuku olosho omo yeriba the son of a fallen demon. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least by SouthEastFacts: 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
Biety:

You wawa and abakaliki osus should stop celebrating fake, useless and senseless stat.

What are you doing about the CANNIBALS that abound in your region? Nothing i guess.. And you want to claim most peacefull region? Kolework.

Everyone knows SW is the most peaceful region in the country, the daily influx of people of different tribes into yorubaland is a proof.
Illiteracy is a disease.

Check Nigeria Crime Statistics published by NBS, Lagos has the highest incidence of crime while Abia the lowest.

SW is not only the safest in Nigeria, but also in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vehicle Loaded With INEC Result Sheets Intercepted In Jalingo (photos) / FG Shortlists 20 Candidates For AGF’s Replacement, Begins Accreditation Monday / President Tinubu Departs For France To Attend Financial Summit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.