Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB (69923 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / 4 States That Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Kolping: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thank you.

nwabobo:

Modernisation and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos

Paul Anber

The Journal of Modern African Studies

Vol. 5, No. 2 (Sep., 1967), pp. 163-179

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by ibadanfinest(m): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
Firstpage:

Yeah I just confirmed U.I doesn't have. But we both know that a student from Oyo state will still have an edge over the ones from Ondo and Ekiti.

After confirming, you still dey stylishly argue
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
It's obivous IMO state is the most educated in Nigeria currently, no point arguing against facts and figures.

I don't like IMO state though
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by zeedof(m): 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
Jokerman:
How can a landlocked red muded people be beating us that are sophisticated even at Medicine??

As a Yoruba moozlim I have to join hands with my other moozlims to chase this people out of Ibadan before they take over it like they are doing in lasgidi...

Allah akbar
this is why you never progress than where you are... blasphemy....is not a curse but you may remain where you till your last breath... learn to respect the creator...
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Omeny: 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
Chukazu:
The same way South West leads in Law admission.

I think the battle line would be on Engineering...who ever controls it should be said to be in lead of the "science students" drama (not Olamide's own) wink cheesy...WO! shocked
Even in Engineering, Igbos lead, remember great Nigerian scientists of old? Not even talking about Aba boys now oo.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
nwabobo:
There must be something this Igbo people are doing right. The more you suppress them, the more they grow and develop.

If you leave them unchecked, we may just wake up one day to find they've taken over the country.

What would have happened if they didn't fight a war or if Biafra was allowed to go?
nothing
so long as its these same leaders same noni
they would've killed themselves over oil the way they do over land
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
mrvitalis:
IMO state is the most educated state in Nigeria there is no debate on that

Igbos are the most educated tribe followed by the old bendel state and then the yourubas

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to himself
which statistic are you basing this assertion on.
hoope it is not jamb enrollment o
matric na 1 thing
convocation na anoda
also what of the backlog since 1960
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
Riversides2003:
Producing without corresponding job opportunities, that is why developed countries pick them up and give them better opportunities. Like someone once said that the rate at which Nigerian doctors leave to seek greener pastures abroad, by 2022 we might be left with small doctor,doctor Sid and witch doctors.
calm dan.brain drain will soon become brain gain especially once they realise africa is the new economic frontier.go yankee or saudi,hustle small come back with mri cat scanner or dialysis machine and boom you're a godfather in nigeria instead of a nobody in obodo abroad

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by kanosalami: 12:19am On Mar 12, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
Patiently waiting for Yoruba Muslims. .......
send the Yoruba abokis away from the south west to go leave with their brothers in the north.

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Putinofrussia: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

...and oh, there is only 1 Nigerian Nobel laureate.
Tony is also a Nobel laureate.He co-won it with Al gore-Vice President of USA(former).
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:14am On Mar 12, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
do u have eyes u said ibo and Yoruba count all the Yoruba for sw and the ibo from se and see who leads

Imo started leading from 91.

The allocations for SE based on number of states are even smaller
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Imo started leading from 91.

The allocations for SE based on number of states are even smaller
ibo are packed in 5 se state why Yoruba are spread in 6 state count the number for sw and se to see which has more number.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2018
Ikwokrikwo:
Patiently waiting for Yoruba Muslims. .......
The hatred and frustration in Osu Jews is like cancer...
Anyways, I just deleted your stupìd comment
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 9:53am On Mar 12, 2018
vanunu:
These OSU people.
Fixed
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 9:55am On Mar 12, 2018
mrvitalis:
IMO state is the most educated state in Nigeria there is no debate on that

Igbos are the most educated tribe followed by the old bendel state and then the yourubas

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just lying to himself
In your wildest dream
How dare you compare yourself to the yorubas?
OSU people can't be compared to the yorubas.
Comment deleted
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2018
Jokerman:
How can a landlocked red muded people be beating us that are sophisticated even at Medicine??

As a Yoruba moozlim I have to join hands with my other moozlims to chase this people out of Ibadan before they take over it like they are doing in lasgidi...

Allah akbar
Lol
These hatred and frustration of this osu people is just funny
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 9:58am On Mar 12, 2018
prince3009:

It is a lie! How come head extracting states are not included?

After all, the skulls are mined for the brain to be studied!

I don't believe this list!

This is tribalism!! angry angry
Because this news was brought to you by the criminal osu people
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 10:00am On Mar 12, 2018
oka4ugoo:
We are the envy of the competition...

We keep soaring, they keep hating

Igbo Amaka.
No

It's Osu amaka
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2018
Etogist:
Without Igbos Nigeria is nothing.
Wrong
Nigeria will be stronger without these OSU people
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by igboOSU: 10:05am On Mar 12, 2018
BrutalJab:
Igbo Amaka

Where are the Skull Miners,Shit-slinging, Scratched faced, cowardly brown roofers of the Affonja kingdom?
Lol
OSU people cooked up this nonsense news.

OSU amaka grin
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by nwabobo: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2018
Putinofrussia:

Tony is also a Nobel laureate.He co-won it with Al gore-Vice President of USA(former).

He is not.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

Do you have any Ngozi Iweala equivalent in your entire tribe?

Do you have an equivalent of Akinwunmi Adesina in your entire tribe also, or is it Wole Soyinka or Adeoye Lambo ?
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
maestroferddi:
There will be no competition in Engineering...

Engineering is intrinsically an Igbo specialty..

We built a WMD over 50 years ago.

We dont expect any serious competition.

Any ibo man dead or alive or yet to be born that can surpass just these two Professor Sanni and Awojobi has not been born. Engineering my foot. My home boy just created a a robot been sold by apple Megatron and one toddler here is talking engineering. Thunder fire your left ball for not knowing your mate. Ndi effi
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

It is now two! Mbok! Now go crazy.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by maestroferddi: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
GoldNiagara:

Any ibo man dead or alive or yet to be born that can surpass just these two Professor Sanni and Awojobi has not been born. Engineering my foot. My home boy just created a a robot been sold by apple Megatron and one toddler here is talking engineering. Thunder fire your left ball for not knowing your mate. Ndi effi
Who the hell is this rustic from the woods of Ogbomosho?

I will not waste my saliva engaging you in a blind argument...

Professor Sanni ko, Reader Abacha ni...

No be only Professor Awojobi...what of Professor Akinjobi...

We are talking of world acclaimed feats which the Igbos are renowned in the fields of engineering and you are wasting my time with plagiarizing entities who cannot nail pieces of wood together to make a bench.

Ask your father to tell you about "Ojukwu bucket", The Weapon of Mass Destruction called Ogbunigwe which Igbo engineers built during the Civil War...Dont get me started because when I start on accomplishment like the ability to sustain things via local refineries and stuff, we can spend days talking...

Professor Barth Nnaji

Leo Stan Eke

Phillip Emeagwali

Please who are the men above?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by nwabobo: 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2018
GoldNiagara:

Any evidence to backup this claim?
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by nwabobo: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
GoldNiagara:

Do you have an equivalent of Akinwunmi Adesina in your entire tribe also, or is it Wole Soyinka or Adeoye Lambo ?
Below is a small list from my state alone not to talk of my zone or tribe. Can your whole tribe boast of an equivalent list?

Kindly list prominent people from your state, let's take it from there. Thanks.

ANAMBRA STATE

Nnamdi Azikiwe (1st Nigerian Governor-general and first president of Nigeria  and historically, the only man whose name appeared in the Constitution of his country (Nigeria's Republican Constitution of 1963))

Nwafor Orizu (1st senate president of the Federal republic of Nigeria and first Acting presidentof the federation)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi (1st Nigerian professor of Mathematics)

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Eugene Akosa Keazor (Former Nigerian police officer in the colonial years who held the most senior police rank ever held by an African in the British colony)

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st graduate to enlist in the Nigerian army and leader of the defunct Republic of Biafra)

Chinua Achebe (1st African writer whose books are standard curricula in schools and universities across the world)

Emeka Anyaoku (1st black  secretary-general of the commonwealth )

Alex Ekwueme (1st executive vice president of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria)

F. C. Nwokedi (1st Nigerian Permanent Secretary)

Chimamanda Adichie (famous writer who won the Orange Prize for Fiction (2007) and a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship (2008))

Cardinal Arinze (Cardinal at the vatican who was in contest to succeed the late Pope John Paul II)

Philip Emeagwali (winner of the Gordon Bell prize in super computing)

Dora Akunyili (Former NAFDAC Boss who rid the Nation of fake and counterfeit drugs)

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo (Renowned professor of Economics and former CBN governor)

Oby Ezekwesili (World Bank Vice president)

Cosmas Maduka (CEO Coscharis Group of Companies)

Cletus Ibeto (CEO Ibeto Group of Companies)

Emeka Offor (CEO Chrome Oil, Controls majority of oil explorations in Sao Tome and Principe)

Mikel Obi (Chelsea and Nigerian football star)

P square (Popular musicians)

Ben Enweonwu (Renowned professor of Fine Arts)

Pius Okigbo (renowned economist, was 1st Nigerian economic adviser to the Federal Government of Nigeria. He released the Okigbo report indicting IBB of the mismanagement of $12.4b oil windfall)

Chuba Okadigbo (most eloquent senate president Nigeria has ever had)

Jerome Udoji (Former president of the NSE and MAN)

Cyprian Ekwensi (renowned novelist)

Osita Osadebe (Highlife maestro)

Oliver de Coque (Highlife Maestro)

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye  (black Africa's first PhD in Radio Astronomy who along with Anthony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star)

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Ray (1st black artist to officially paint the portrait of the Queen)

Amobi Okoye (Youngest American football player to play in the NFL)

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna (1st black African to win a gold medal in an international games competition; winning gold in high jump at the 1954 Commonwealth games)

Innocent Chukwuma (CEO Innoson Group of Companies; owner of the first private automobile muanufacturing company in Nigeria)

Chukwuemeka Ezeife (Harvard trained economist, former Economic adviser to the president of Uganda and former governor of Anambra state)

Sir Louis Mbanefo (Legal luminary Justice at the World court; ICJ)

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor (appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations)

MCK Ajuluchukwu ( a nationalist, anti-colonial fighter and first republic law-maker)

Edwin Ume Ezeoke (former speaker of the Federal house of representative)

Chief Mike Okpala aka Power Mike (Undefeated World Heavyweight wrestling champion)

etc (I don tire, will add more tomorrow)

1 Like

Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by AnanseK(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
MonPro:

I think it maybe it is because Igbos are 'most foolish' in nigeria according to Anansek the hausa man.

angels09 how marketi? ... grin

When and where did I say that?
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

Below is a small list from my state alone not to talk of my zone or tribe. Can your whole tribe boast of an equivalent list?

Kindly list prominent people from your state, let's take it from there. Thanks.

ANAMBRA STATE

Nnamdi Azikiwe (1st Nigerian Governor-general and first president of Nigeria  and historically, the only man whose name appeared in the Constitution of his country (Nigeria's Republican Constitution of 1963))

Nwafor Orizu (1st senate president of the Federal republic of Nigeria and first Acting presidentof the federation)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi (1st Nigerian professor of Mathematics)

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Eugene Akosa Keazor (Former Nigerian police officer in the colonial years who held the most senior police rank ever held by an African in the British colony)

Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st graduate to enlist in the Nigerian army and leader of the defunct Republic of Biafra)

Chinua Achebe (1st African writer whose books are standard curricula in schools and universities across the world)

Emeka Anyaoku (1st black  secretary-general of the commonwealth )

Alex Ekwueme (1st executive vice president of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria)

F. C. Nwokedi (1st Nigerian Permanent Secretary)

Chimamanda Adichie (famous writer who won the Orange Prize for Fiction (2007) and a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship (2008))

Cardinal Arinze (Cardinal at the vatican who was in contest to succeed the late Pope John Paul II)

Philip Emeagwali (winner of the Gordon Bell prize in super computing)

Dora Akunyili (Former NAFDAC Boss who rid the Nation of fake and counterfeit drugs)

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo (Renowned professor of Economics and former CBN governor)

Oby Ezekwesili (World Bank Vice president)

Cosmas Maduka (CEO Coscharis Group of Companies)

Cletus Ibeto (CEO Ibeto Group of Companies)

Emeka Offor (CEO Chrome Oil, Controls majority of oil explorations in Sao Tome and Principe)

Mikel Obi (Chelsea and Nigerian football star)

P square (Popular musicians)

Ben Enweonwu (Renowned professor of Fine Arts)

Pius Okigbo (renowned economist, was 1st Nigerian economic adviser to the Federal Government of Nigeria. He released the Okigbo report indicting IBB of the mismanagement of $12.4b oil windfall)

Chuba Okadigbo (most eloquent senate president Nigeria has ever had)

Jerome Udoji (Former president of the NSE and MAN)

Cyprian Ekwensi (renowned novelist)

Osita Osadebe (Highlife maestro)

Oliver de Coque (Highlife Maestro)

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye  (black Africa's first PhD in Radio Astronomy who along with Anthony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star)

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Ray (1st black artist to officially paint the portrait of the Queen)

Amobi Okoye (Youngest American football player to play in the NFL)

Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna (1st black African to win a gold medal in an international games competition; winning gold in high jump at the 1954 Commonwealth games)

Innocent Chukwuma (CEO Innoson Group of Companies; owner of the first private automobile muanufacturing company in Nigeria)

Chukwuemeka Ezeife (Harvard trained economist, former Economic adviser to the president of Uganda and former governor of Anambra state)

Sir Louis Mbanefo (Legal luminary Justice at the World court; ICJ)

Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor (appointed in 2008 by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping Operations)

MCK Ajuluchukwu ( a nationalist, anti-colonial fighter and first republic law-maker)

Edwin Ume Ezeoke (former speaker of the Federal house of representative)

Chief Mike Okpala aka Power Mike (Undefeated World Heavyweight wrestling champion)

etc (I don tire, will add more tomorrow)

What a mediocre list, can't even stand just my local government.
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

use Google or Kindle!
Re: These 4 States Produce Highest Number Of Medical Students - JAMB by GoldNiagara(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
nwabobo:

use Google or Kindle!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 'Am And I'm': Many Nigerians Can't Differentiate Between The 2 On Social Media / LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.