Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? (414 Views)

5,000,000 Jews And The God :is The Israelites God Powerless / This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins / Christians, Believe Freeze At Your Own Risk Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? by mathew247: 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Do Jews and Christians believe Muhammed was a prophet, like how Muslims do about Moses and Jesus?

quora.com

Mar 10, 2018 2:54 PM

Michael Moore

studied at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota

102w ago

Christians DO NOT believe Mohammed was a prophet at all.  As a matter of fact, we believe Muhammed was one of the false prophets Jesus warned us about in Matthew 7, since the Koran contradicts the Bible and refutes vociferously the divinity, death and resurrection of of Jesus Christ.  Furthermore, Mohammed fits the description of the "wolf in sheep's clothing" Jesus talked about in the following passage since Mohammed and his followers call for the persecution and death of Christians.

True and False Prophets

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?17Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

CALLS FOR THE DEATH OF CHRISTIANS AND JEWS IN THE KORAN

9:29 Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

MUSLIM SCHOLARS REINFORCE CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION IN THE HADDITH

Now let’s read what the great Islamic scholars say about this verse. Ibn Kathir’s Quranic commentary for verse 9:29, pages 405 – 409, states:

Page 404:

The Order to fight People of the Scriptures until they give the Jizyah.

Page 405

This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the Pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah’s religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims’ control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah, and he prepared his army to fight the Romans and called the people to Jihad announcing his intent and destination….

Paying Jizyah is a Sign of Kufr (Unbeliever) and Disgrace.Allah said, until they pay the Jizyah, if they do not choose to embrace Islam, with willing submission, in defeat and subservience, and feel themselves subdued, disgraced, humiliated and belittled. Therefore, Muslims are not allowed to honor the people of Dhimmah or elevate them above Muslims, for they are miserable, disgraced and humiliated.

Since Islam contradicts Christian doctrine and values at every turn, Christians consider Islam and Allah anti-christ entities.

1 John 22 makes this clear.

Warnings Against Denying the Son

18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.e 21I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

24As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

26I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
Re: Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:45am On Mar 12, 2018
I only believe in JESUS CHRIST the Son of the Living GOD.

1 Like

Re: Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? by elgramz: 7:10am On Mar 12, 2018
Christians don't believe in Mohammed at all

1 Like

Re: Do Jews And Christians Believe Mohammed Was A Prophet? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2018
elgramz:
Christians don't believe in Mohammed at all

He just showed up, 600 years after the death of Jesus Christ...

In his book, there are plenty of stories from the Bible about Abraham, Joseph, Moses, etc.

The Quran showed up over 600 years after Christ.

His life was not foretold, his life style was not good.

These are the reasons, among others, why Christians don't believe him.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 20/03/2018 Tuesday / Entries For 15th National Mike Okonkwo Essay Competition Open / Significance Of The Number 40 In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.