Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins (920 Views)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by SPTruth: 6:38am On May 29, 2022
Have you ever wondered why people say Jesus died for our sins? Here's why.
According to the Judgement seat of the Righteous God, the wages of sin is death(Rom 6:23)
A cue to the old testament you will see death and other punishment that were to be meted on those who sinned. For instance, the punishment for adultery was to be stoned to death(Deut 22:22-24). But, God doesn't want to see people die and at the same time His rules must be met for He is a God of Justice, that was why He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for sins.

Let me give an analogy, Imagine if a Principal of a School had a beautiful artifact in the school hall and he said anyone who breaks this artifact will pay 1 million naira, then, a girl from a very poor home who clearly cannot afford to pay 1million breaks it. She begins to cry and plead for forgiveness for the Principal, the Principal has no problem forgiving her, but who will pay the 1million that is the penalty for whoever breaks it. Then the Principal's son rose up, and said I will pay the 1million. The Principal agreed, he forgave her as the penalty has been paid, and the girl thanked the Son, who told her Go, your sins are forgiven, but don't sin again.

Jesus, the Son of God, came as man and died for our sins, hence the person that commits adultery no longer needs to be stoned to death, in accordance with the law of Moses, because Jesus has been "stoned to death" on his behalf, someone who sinned no longer needs to carry 3 lambs and doves for sacrifices because the Blood that Jesus shed has become the lambs, doves and other animals needed for reconciliation sacrifice.

Now we live by Grace of the Lord Jesus and not by Law of Moses. That is why Jesus said in Matt 5:17, Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. By His death, all the requirements, penalties were all fulfilled.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that Grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, continue living in it? (Romans 6:1-2). It is wrong to continue committing sin on purpose because we know if ask God for forgiveness in the Name of Jesus, He will forgive us. Imagine if the student in the story above continues breaking the artifact on purpose because she knows the Principal's son will pay for her, wouldn't that be unreasonable on her part?

By the Grace of Our Lord Jesus, May we not be unreasonable Christians, but Kings and Priests who strive to do Right in the eyes of God, through the Power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by SPTruth: 6:39am On May 29, 2022
Happy Sunday
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Mokason288(m): 6:39am On May 29, 2022
grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by pdppower: 6:41am On May 29, 2022
Since he has taken my sins away, does that mean I can continue to commit sins without any repercussions?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by God1000(m): 6:57am On May 29, 2022
Happy Sunday nairalanders
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by SPTruth: 7:06am On May 29, 2022
pdppower:
Since he has taken my sins away, does that mean I can continue to commit sins without any repercussions?
No, that is been unreasonable and wasteful, doing so will only attract the wrath of God. The command is to go and sin no more John 8:11

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 7:24am On May 29, 2022
So y'all didn't see thugs or Killers that can died for sin but a good and righteous man?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by hopefulLandlord: 7:38am On May 29, 2022
okay
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39am On May 29, 2022
compton11:
So y'all didn't see thugs or Killers that can died for sin but a good and righteous man?

Is minus (-), plus (+)? How can people who take life bring Life? Just go and sit down quietly with your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 8:02am On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is minus (-), plus (+)? How can people who take life bring Life? Just go and sit down quietly with your miserable life.

and a thug?

Nigga shut the fvck up!

Which stupid life u talking about?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Righthussle: 8:09am On May 29, 2022
Rubbish analogy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 8:10am On May 29, 2022
compton11:
and a thug?

Everyone knows that a thug is just a killer in training!
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Righthussle: 8:11am On May 29, 2022
Stupid and Rubbish analogy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Everyone knows that a thug is just a killer in training!

Oga not all thugs are Killer.

Your argument is lame as fvck
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by pdppower: 8:48am On May 29, 2022
SPTruth:
No, that is been unreasonable and wasteful, doing so will only attract the wrath of God. The command is to go and sin no more John 8:11

If I don't sin, which sin of mine has he now died for? What will be wasteful to me is for me not to sin. I have to sin to justify his dying for me. Don't you think so?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 9:30am On May 29, 2022
pdppower:

If I don't sin, which sin of mine has he now died for? What will be wasteful to me is for me not to sin. I have to sin to justify his dying for me. Don't you think so?

Lol... The holy book says, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God! grin grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 12:13pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
Oga not all thugs are Killer.

Your argument is lame as fvck

Like you wait for them to kill you first before you avoid them you have no thing reasonable and valid to say.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17pm On May 29, 2022
pdppower:

And immediately you are born, the stain of sin is upon you.

And even if that one is not considered, it is guaranteed that you first sinned and you would first sin before you learnt that you should not sin.

So, there is no "No sin" for any man.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Like you wait for them to kill you first before you avoid them you have no thing reasonable and valid to say.
mtchw shut your lying ass up.

How many people has the like of portable,small doctor and all those celebrities thug killed?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 12:36pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
mtchw shut your lying ass up.
How many people has the like of portable,small doctor and all those celebrities thug killed?

You are just looking for something to say. As I said, you would not wait for portable to kill you first before you know that you should run from him.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by SPTruth: 12:38pm On May 29, 2022
pdppower:

This is how it works. Sinning purposely attracts the wrath of God, it is a different thing if you fornicate with someone by falling into temptation then you repent before God and promise not to sin again, but when you have a steady partner, you go to church, you listen to sermons that tell you not to fornicate, you come back and sleep with your partner, and you repeat the pattern week in week out, at first your conscience will begin to judge, later it will be weakened and you will stop feeling guilty. However, if you turn to the Lord and repent and promise not to continue, He will forgive you, but if His wrath falls on you because of your sin and it angers him, the protection He has over you might be removed completely or partially, then the devil will have an opening to harm you, it could be an accident, sickness etc, but if you die in that sin, you will ve seperated eternally fron God.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On May 29, 2022
pdppower:
The so-called Christians the OP refers to are ofcourse wrong. It is the Jews whose sins Jesus Christ died for, this in order to cover their debt to God's Old Covenant, so they could instead adopt God's New Covenant which He promised to bless them and all the nations of the world with. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 12:44pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are just looking for something to say. As I said, you would not wait for portable to kill you first before you know that you should run from him.
so calling a killer be that?

Inshort Jesus the man sent to the lost sheep of isreal never died for any sins,that sounds paganism.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 12:50pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
so calling a killer be that?

Inshort Jesus the man sent to the lost sheep of isreal never died for any sins,that sounds paganism.

Change of Post!
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post!

not a change of post.

Why would a righteous man died for the sins of sinners?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 2:05pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
not a change of post.

Why would a righteous man died for the sins of sinners?

Because it is a Clean Cloth (Righteous) that is used to wipe a cherished dirty thing (Sinner) .
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because it is a Clean Cloth (Righteous) that is used to wipe a cherished dirty thing (Sinner) .
lame comment.

Mechanics used dirty cloth to wipe w cherished dirty thing too
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 5:59pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
lame comment.

Mechanics used dirty cloth to wipe w cherished dirty thing too

Mechanics don't clean, they cause the dirt that we car owners have to clean by taking it to the car wash.

The car wash people clean and they use clean sponges, clean wipes and clean water to clean.

So, you are talking complete rubbish.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Mechanics don't clean, they cause the dirt that we car owners have to clean by taking it to the car wash.

The car wash people clean and they use clean sponges, clean wipes and clean water to clean.

So, you are talking complete rubbish.
so they don't clean oil pressure gauge if they want to clean the oil?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by AllenforGOD(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2022
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=113273261]

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by AllenforGOD(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2022
pdppower:

angry
pdppower:

This one sef,wetin u dey talk commot 4 mouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Pray For Nigeria / Knowing Who Is A Christian Or A Muslim / The Role Of Church Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.