Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Job Applications - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Applications (738 Views)

Job Applications For Interns At GAO Tek New York / Tony Elumelu Foundation For $100m Entrepreneurship Programme 2019 Applications / Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Applications by FJustus(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

I work at Fifth Quadrant Performance Limited, a Human Resource Organisation.

During the course of my Work experience, I noticed low turnout of Job applicants shortlisted and notified for Interview on the Day of the Interview session even when they are given the opportunity to reschedule the meeting.

Why would most applicant who voluntarily sent their Curriculum vitae / Resume to Job applications and then reluctantly attend or don't show up for the Job Interview? Please share Your Views.

Your Response to this Tread is highly Appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Job Applications by chrisbaxtian(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
FJustus:
Hello everyone,

I work at Fifth Quadrant Performance Limited, a Human Resource Organisation.

During the course of my Work experience, I noticed low turnout of Job applicants shortlisted and notified for Interview on the Day of the Interview session even when they are given the opportunity to reschedule the meeting.

Why would most applicant who voluntarily sent their Curriculum vitae / Resume to Job applications and then reluctantly attend or don't show up for the Job Interview? Please share Your Views.

Your Response to this Tread is highly Appreciated.

Thanks.

Funshoijalana@gmail.com

it could be because of a variety of reasons. Personally I have missed countless interviews simply because I got the invite 24 hours (most times less) to the date of the interview. sometimes I am out of town when I get the invite and other times, I have scheduled other things I cannot suspend because of the interview

2 Likes

Re: Job Applications by FJustus(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

it could be because of a variety of reasons. Personally I have missed countless interviews simply because I got the invite 24 hours (most times less) to the date of the interview. sometimes I am out of town when I get the invite and other times, I have scheduled other things I cannot suspend because of the interview

Thank you for your response.

Our Interview invites are always given out at least 24 hours to the Interview date.

Moreover, applicants are given the option of rescheduling the date.

Thanks again.
Re: Job Applications by Johnbosco1: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2018
If I may, beside getting the interview date late, a lot of applicants tend to know more about the company and the job responsibilities they applied for after receiving their invitation. After deliberating on the job conditions and requirements, they might decide not to come especially when the job type is of contract, a sales position or the company's reputation and salary don't suggest less of the phrase "work more, pay less". Apart from having a job that pays well (not exceptional), how would you describe the rate of career growth and development in your company? Let's face it, being in a position for more than 3 years doesn't say much about one's career, does it?
In conclusion, there maybe a number of personal reasons for not showing up for an interview but majority always come from considering the company's reputation.

(1) (Reply)

Oau Ife Schools Of Nursing Past Questions / Clueless Hospital MD Refuses To Pay Salary, Claims Fear Of EFCC / 20-year-old Nigerian Man Lists His 2018 Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.