Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. (7592 Views)

As A Yoruba Boy, Am In Love With An Ibo Girl, Should I Go On? / Chinese Groom Plays Video Of Bride In Bed With Her Brother-in-law At Reception / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nancy2018(f): 9:29am On Mar 13, 2018
Selling of girls is it allowed lol
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 9:40am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Which tribe in South Africa demands food as a bride price?
In my culture the only thing a groom is expected to bring along with him during lobola is tobacco (our elders love to smoke, it's part of the culture), brandy & things like blankets etc. I've never seen anyone bring groceries. Also the "cattle" thing is metaphoric nowadays, people deal with MONEY. They charge what it costs for cattle, not necessarily mean you must come ushering a herd of cattle.
The xhosa and zulu tribes dont demand for food stuffs but the lobola are always cattles and the amounts depends on the bride's virginity and how many kids she had before, either with the groom nor with her ex.
Once they conclude on the amount of cattles, it would be converted to its monetary value and then handle over to the groom's family.
Lobola could also be paid installmentaly.
Never meant you must come with a truck load of cattle.

2 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

The xhosa and zulu tribes dont demand for food stuffs but the lobola are always cattles and the amounts depends on the bride's virginity and how many kids she had before, either with the groom nor with her ex.
Once they conclude on the amount of cattles, it would be converted to its monetary value and then handle over to the groom's family.
Lobola could also be paid installmentaly.
Never meant you must come with a truck load of cattle.

You got that right!
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Lionessza(f): 9:52am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Which tribe in South Africa demands food as a bride price?
In my culture the only thing a groom is expected to bring along with him during lobola is tobacco (our elders love to smoke, it's part of the culture), brandy & things like blankets etc. I've never seen anyone bring groceries. Also the "cattle" thing is metaphoric nowadays, people deal with MONEY. They charge what it costs for cattle, not necessarily mean you must come ushering a herd of cattle.

LMFAO, this got me laughing. Never heard of a South African tribe taking groceries for lobola grin. Only on nairaland will you hear such tales lol.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, this got me laughing. Never heard of a South African tribe taking groceries for lobola grin. Only on nairaland will you hear such tales lol.

Nokukutya kuyoyikeka grin Kwaaaaa. I'd rather not get married. Where's the money, bhuti? Cash ONLY.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by ImaIma1(f): 10:06am On Mar 13, 2018
Op stop misleading people. It is either the groom decided to show off his wealth or it is for some other event other than payment of bride price.

2 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Lionessza(f): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Nokukutya kuyoyikeka grin Kwaaaaa. I'd rather not get married. Where's the money, bhuti? Cash ONLY.

LMFAO, I was looking at that. Hayi , it's like isithuko grin. Only hard cash will be accepted, no deposits or cheques either grin.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, I was looking at that. Hayi , it's like isithuko grin. Only hard cash will be accepted, no deposits or cheques either grin.

LMFAO. Sizobethwa grin
Hayi you're late, omadala have moved on with the times, kuthiwa they take "transactions" ngoku, sana tongue Was reading an article just a few minutes ago about bank transfers etc. No stories lol. Pay anyhow as long as the money arrives qha. Not lemfitshimfitshi yamadumbe or whatever those things are. What is idumbe anyway, do you know?

But I agree. Ngathi niyalamba. Ukutya for the why now?

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Lionessza(f): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO. Sizobethwa grin
Hayi you're late, omadala have moved on with the times, kuthiwa they take "transactions" ngoku, sana tongue Was reading an article just a few minutes ago about bank transfers etc. No stories lol. Pay anyhow as long as the money arrives qha. Not lemfitshimfitshi yamadumbe or whatever those things are. What is idumbe anyway, do you know?

But I agree. Ngathi niyalamba. Ukutya for the why now?

LMFAO, new age typa lobola. Awe uncles grin. Lol@ amadumbe, I've heard of the name but don't know what it is .

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, new age typa lobola. Awe uncles grin. Lol@ amadumbe, I've heard of the name but don't know what it is .

Yaaas. When I think of amadumbe, I think "hairy" vegetables or something like ezizinto balobola ngazo aba. The sweet popatoey things. I'll Google it tongue

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Lionessza:

Apparently here they are, amadumbe akhona.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Lionessza(f): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Apparently here they are, amadumbe akhona.

Lol, oh I see. Hay dankie grin.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

You got that right!
Nelson mandela paid a lobola of 60 cows, just knowing that. Xhosanostra how many cows did they pay for your lobola?

2 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

Nelson mandela paid a lobola of 60 cows, just knowing that. Xhosanostra how many cows did they pay for your lobola?

I want 100 grin Come & pay.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I want 100 grin Come & pay.
Okay thats settled then. tell mkhulu and magogo that some guest would be coming soon.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

Okay thats settled then. tell mkhulu and magogo that some guest would be coming soon.

Hahaha. Ok. Which tribe do you belong to?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
its Amazing.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 12:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Hahaha. Ok. Which tribe do you belong to?
Does it really matters... Am a nigerian.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 1:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

Does it really matters... Am a nigerian.

Ok. Good for you.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Ok. Good for you.
Where are you located, jozi, durban, cape town or p.e?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
yet the ibo girls keep flirting and rude in marriage.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

Where are you located, jozi, durban, cape town or p.e?

PTA. You?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:

PTA. You?
Durban but would be in jozi by weekend.
Check your pm.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by wingmanII: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
SamoaJoe:

Your Mbaise people are very terrible in bride price. Till date, Mbaise is the worst place to marry from Igbo land.They will demand an arm and leg for bride price!

Very beautiful fair Queens with terrible characters and toxic, life sucking attitudes. I have never seen a place with high concentration of beauties more than Mbaise people. But the problem with them is that its also the place with a high co concentration of evil and wickedness. Quote me anywhere!
It is very unfortunate that many people do not think nor weigh their words before they type. Shame on you!
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:

Durban but would be in jozi by weekend.
Check your pm.

I'll read it later. Oh, OK. How is Durbs?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Opentokwowledge: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2018
AuroraB's people grin
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by AuroraB(f): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
lefulefu:
Na d girl family wan chop all those yams?shocked
Her kindred go get a piece or pieces naa grin
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by AuroraB(f): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2018
Opentokwowledge:
AuroraB's people grin
I dey look you like Fettywap so sad
I won't bother asking how you got to know this undecided grin
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
AuroraB:
Her kindred go get a piece or pieces naa grin
hmm na wao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Opentokwowledge: 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
AuroraB:
I dey look you like Fettywap so sad
I won't bother asking how you got to know this undecided grin
If you care to know, ask. I kuku know how to lie very well grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Must Tell Him The Truth Before Their Wedding / Why Did God Create Men To Always Have Urge For Sex Unlike Ladies / Man Reveals What His Barber Said To Him, After He Caught Him In Another Salon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.