Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? (28691 Views)

I Finally Graduated From The University / Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / I Finally Graduated After 9years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by aktem(m): 5:56am On Mar 13, 2018
My result dropped seriously when i was in 200l and i have been making frantic effort to increase my cgpa since then..although it was increasing but at a very slow rate...@500l,i was close to 2:1 so i tried all my possible best,read as much as i can,hoping i can move to 2:1.
I went to check my final result during clearance few days ago and i realize i finally graduated with 2:2.i have not been happy since then,a lot of thought going through my mind.Thinking about labor market and how i am going to cope,i'm really perplexed.

Any advise for me?i graduated from mechanical engineering dept.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by eezeribe(m): 5:59am On Mar 13, 2018
OK
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by sammy4life1(m): 6:01am On Mar 13, 2018
Which Hand Work are u skilled at ? I can't rule out the fact that grade doesn't matter but be versatile learn some handwork do some professional courses and the sky would be your starting point. Make good use of your nysc and life is going to be sweet

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2018
Hit the street bro

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by bjbukzy(m): 6:38am On Mar 13, 2018
aktem:
My result dropped seriously when i was in 200l and i have been making frantic effort to increase my cgpa since then..although it was increasing but at a very slow rate...@500l,i was close to 2:1 so i tried all my possible best,read as much as i can,hoping i can move to 2:1.
I went to check my final result during clearance few days ago and i realize i finally graduated with 2:2.i have not been happy since then,a lot of thought going through my mind.Thinking about labor market and how i am going to cope,i'm really perplexed.

Any advise for me?i graduated for mechanical engineering dept.

Life tries to put us down but nothing forbids us to rise again.
Was also in your shoes some 4 years ago, but i had one thing in mind (i will not give up). Used my service year to start a professional course (try doing one in your field of expertise during service, you never know who you might meet in tutorial and exam centres).
Then after service year, dont limit your job search to a few industries, expand your horizon.

Finally, a lot of people will make you feel like you dont have sense, telling u career job is poo and tins like dt, there is nothing wrong in seeking jobs man.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by pressplay411(m): 6:39am On Mar 13, 2018
It's too early to be depressed. You never even go NYSC (Now your struggle continues) grin

Truth is a 2.2 is not the end of the world, just limits certain blue chip job offers.
My advice, learn a soft skill or professional course, especially during your NYSC. Nigerian HR worships certificates so you might want to up ur CV during ur NYSC.
That said, cheer up labour market is only hard if you make it so. Build your contacts too, you'll need your friends with job opportunities too. All the best.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Asquare84(m): 6:40am On Mar 13, 2018
Forget that 2.1 result

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by femi4: 8:44am On Mar 13, 2018
aktem:

Since your GP is above 3, you can start preparing for Masters. You can still get jobs but not fromthe big coy for now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Yoshy: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Lols, you're worried for nothing bro. Discipline yourself, improve your self in other areas you will make it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by kennybelle: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2018
My dear 2:2 is not a bad result, u dnt need to feel depressed. U actually gave it ur all, it could av been worse, but u salvaged it. Keep ur head up, dnt ever doubt ur worth, and dnt let anyone make u feel bad, be proud of this achievement and celebrate every little thing about yourself. U will go places as long as u dnt limit urself out of self pity. Well wishes

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2018
You would have struggled more to reach 3.5

But its not the end of the world.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by beulaho: 11:42am On Mar 13, 2018
2.2 is not a bad result,a lot of people out there doing great came out with the-same result or even less than that. why not try do some professional courses or go for master's so as to enhance your educational level. visit www.studylocal.ng to seek for professional assistance to help you find the best program for your qualifications.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by kingreign(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
aktem:

1. Learn skills like auto repairs, refrigeration and HVAC installation, heavy duty power plant maintenance and repairs, welding building construction, piping, and instrumentationetc. Don't underestimate these skills. And try to get a trade test cert in them.

2. Proceed to get certified in HSE, project management, NSE and COREN certifications.

3. Also get to do an MBA and/or MSC.
4. Trust in God and don't underestimate men and women you meet anywhere.
5. Sell yourself your skills your vision to people anywhere and anytime you're given that opportunity

The big fish will start hunting you after these. Trust me!

Let's meet at the top smiley

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by aktem(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thank you all for your advices and words of encouragement,i really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lalasticlala, Richiez, mynd44 Pls help this guy out
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by geekybabe(f): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
@aktem

2.2 from mechanical engineering is not exactly bad, especially if you finished with a gp of above 3 out of 5.
Stop worrying. You can't undo it.
Go for nysc and try to gain relevant work experience, even if u r assigned to a school look for an engineering/ construction coy around you and volunteer to work free to gain some little experience. Apply to good schools abroad for post grad. You'll get tuition free schools for engineering. Before you know it, you will forget about d 2.2 thing.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Culin(f): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
You're not even happy you graduated. Be grateful to God. Get your act together. Acquire more skills, get active on social media, include your skills and degree in your bio/profile,meet people, be nice to them, answer strangers questions intelligently, spell things correctly even if it's an informal writing, dress like a decent person, etc. These little little things are the things that Matter most. Not just having a good result.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by yeyeboi(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ok
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by NotBeenPaid: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
Go into business Bro
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by AntiWailer: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
Be a bit more worried dear
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Holahtunez(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
I hope say u qet handwork sha

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by lastempero: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
You don't have to worry just up ur game and you will be fine.
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Hit the street bro
Which street?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
Op
This is my only advice for you cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
grin
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by free2ryhme: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2018
aktem:

You will get a good job, trust wink

Dont stress yourself

the slap is for being worried and trying to be faithless

dont allow the grade system weigh you down

4 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by paradigmshift(m): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
have no worries. the richest men today gat no certificate, some even have the lowest grade. education is overrated. stay focused and don't put your hope on result.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by rozayx5(m): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
Degree has nothing to do with your destiny bro

Learn business

Nowadays degrees are meant for the drawer

Its what remains after your degree is taken from you that defines you

7 Likes

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by deepwater(f): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lol
Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by Jac007(m): 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2018
Better go learn work, you went to school so you can do whatever you are doing in a special way.

1 Like

Re: I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? by carzola(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Loook at this one!!!

who certificate help?

we have a duara dullllard with no ssce result
ruling us...

we have G-boys own companies in lagos and employ
assssshoollless like you and pay you peanuts..

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timetable For Covenant University Resumption / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab / UNIBEN Professor, Alexander Emoghene, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.