Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork (3086 Views)

Ultimate Beginners Guide To Upwork / A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ / She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello everyone.
This is how wicked Nigerians can be.

How wicked can some people be?
I got a mail from someone requesting for me to put him through as regards getting an approved account, and I obliged... (that he's from nairaland blah blah blah
I screenshoted my profile for him and to show him how he should go about it, and I received a mail this morning that my profile is fake and that I should do an id verification on upwork.
The modafuck'a set me up, and because he reported me, my $1581 has been placed on hold and I can't transfer my funds.
How's it a bad thing to help Nigerians?
Hey modafuck'a it you're reading this, trust me, you'll never succeed on upwork coz you a coward and a big one at that.
Never help anyone here again! As some people are from the sea.

God!!!

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 6:22am On Mar 13, 2018

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by appsdope(m): 6:45am On Mar 13, 2018
Hmmm
R u sure its the nairalander? Or a buyer you worked for?

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Grupo(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2018
Never reveal your upwork or fiverr profile to anyone. Especially people on nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 7:40am On Mar 13, 2018
appsdope:
Hmmm
R u sure its the nairalander? Or a buyer you worked for?
all my clients leave 5star reviews and how's that even possible?
I maintain 100% client freelancer relationship.
Simply out of the equation
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 7:41am On Mar 13, 2018
Grupo:
Never review your upwork or fiverr profile to anyone. Especially people on nairaland.
yeah. Lesson learnt the hard way.
People looking for an approved profile should look elsewhere as I'm done helping evil minded people.
God help me

2 Likes

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by gtech2sure: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2018
Your blocked account doesn't come from nairalander but upwork system. I noticed that upwork has the way they are detecting fake US ip after connecting with vpn. I am saying this because the same thing happened to me as well and i didn't reveal any of my account details to anybody.

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Lunagirl(f): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2018
See how you jumped into conclusions. The minute you are not using your real name or location, you stand a risk of being exposed at any time. And how can a new account report you and run you down? Especially if you have all the reviews you say you have. Re-strategize and try again.

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2018
gtech2sure:
Your blocked account doesn't come from nairalander but upwork system. I noticed that upwork has the way they are detecting fake US ip after connecting with vpn. I am saying this because the same thing happened to me as well and i didn't reveal any of my account details to anybody.
Wow. How's that even possible.... I use a paid vpn and it never happened until the guy contacted me to help me open an account for him...
It says I was reported.
How can you explain that
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 9:45am On Mar 13, 2018
Lunagirl:
See how you jumped into conclusions. The minute you are not using your real name or location, you stand a risk of being exposed at any time. And how can a new account report you and run you down? Especially if you have all the reviews you say you have. Re-strategize and try again.
how come it was last night he contacted me, and it was still last night I got suspended and my funds frozen
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Lunagirl(f): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
how come it was last night he contacted me, and it was still last night I got suspended and my funds frozen

I know you are panicking. Think it through. What account would he have used to report you? Remember he didn't know anything about upwork. How could he have opened an account yesterday night, verified it and reported you and upwork then suspended you all in that one night! It's just unfortunate it happened coincidentally like that.

For Upwork to suspend you that night means that they got the report earlier, reviewed it and suspended you. They just don't wake up and suspend. They must have taken some time to review it
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by NWgraphics(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2018
sorry bro, is it US or UK account ?
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2018
NWgraphics:
sorry bro,
is it US or UK account ?
UK
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by twosquare(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Hello everyone.
This is how wicked Nigerians can be.

How wicked can some people be?
I got a mail from someone requesting for me to put him through as regards getting an approved account, and I obliged... (that he's from nairaland blah blah blah
I screenshoted my profile for him and to show him how he should go about it, and I received a mail this morning that my profile is fake and that I should do an id verification on.
The modafuck'a set me up, and because he reported me, my $1581 has been placed on hold and I can't transfer my funds.
How's it a bad thing to help Nigerians?
Hey modafuck'a it you're reading this, trust me, you'll never succeed on upwork coz you a coward and a big one at that.
Never help anyone here again! As some people are from the sea.

God!!!
That's very unfortunate and naive of you. You should know the number rule... Don't divulge your freelance profile to NL folks or social media folks if he/she is not a trusted family/friend. I believe you are still new in the freelancing world and the bad belle acts perpetrated by Nigerians on each other.
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by stagger: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2018
Was it not how a dumb mofo here sent me a private message to help him with tips and he ended coming here to insult me?

Dumb mofo is what he is.

3 Likes

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2018
twosquare:
That's very unfortunate and naive of you. You should know the number rule... Don't divulge your freelance profile to NL folks or social media folks if e/she is not a trusted family/friend. I believe you are still new in the freelancing world and the bad belle acts perpetrated by Nigerians on each other.
that's my first lesson!
It'll never happen...
1581 gone just like that...
Just coz I was trying to help a Nigerian
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2018
stagger:
Was it not how a dumb mofo here sent me a private message to help him with tips and he ended coming here to insult me?

Dumb mofo is what he is.
I think....
He pleaded with me vehemently to help him and I considered him....
I woke up this morning to a mail from upwork help center telling me my funds are frozen until I verify my account.
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by twosquare(m): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
that's my first lesson!
It'll never happen...
1581 gone just like that...
Just coz I was trying to help a Nigerian
No... It's not gone... Verify your identity... They will deport your flag and you will collect your money. But you can just be affected in getting upcoming jobs if preference is for American or European flags
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2018
have u ever cared to give a thought that upwork staff are the one who are investigating how Nigerians beat their system.

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by twosquare(m): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2018
Lunagirl:
You have no idea Lunagirl... Maybe you are still young in the freelancing world... His is not the first and won't be the last. Such has been happening since I can remember.... people running each other down... Not just freelancers, even bloggers. Reason some won't divulge their money-making blogs on NL. A lot has happened in the past, sis.
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Collins4u1(m): 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
what kinda ID do you need and which country.
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
Collins4u1:
what kinda ID do you need and which country.
UK.
Any id at all
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
twosquare:
You have no idea Lunagirl... Maybe you are still young in the freelancing world... His is not the first and won't be the last. Such as been happening since I can remember.... people running each other down... Not just freelancers, even bloggers. Reason some won't divulge their money-making blogs on NL. A lot has happened in the past, sis.
it's so sad embarassed
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:
have u ever cared to give a thought that upwork staff are the one who are investigating how Nigerians beat their system.
I wonder how upwork agents know yoruba

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by twosquare(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Perhaps you do not know anyone can pretend to be naive just to get what they want and achieve their aim. Perhaps you should ask of one guy like that, I can't remember his name (I think isaacforart or so) whose expertise was looking for Africans camouflaging as whites on fiverr. He ensured many were deported and by the time those guys fought back, they literally destroyed his Google business profile after researching him.
Lunagirl:

I know you are panicking. Think it through. What account would he have used to report you? Remember he didn't know anything about upwork. How could he have opened an account yesterday night, verified it and reported you and upwork then suspended you all in that one night! It's just unfortunate it happened coincidentally like that.

For Upwork to suspend you that night means that they got the report earlier, reviewed it and suspended you. They just don't wake up and suspend. They must have taken some time to review it

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by twosquare(m): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
stagger:

Dumb mofo is what he is.
Thank God you commented... I believe you've had one experience or two with bad belle as regards online business. I can remember your moniker in those days.... I think it has to do with blogging also, I think? I might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
I wonder how upwork agents know yoruba

Nigerians might be working for them just to keep their own place CIA does it Na.
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by lilkech(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
UK.
Any id at all

have you been able to resolve this issue yet? Quote me if you need help
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
lilkech:

have you been able to resolve this issue yet? Quote me if you need help
No! I haven't.

I'd appreciate it
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by naijacutee(f): 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Wow. How's that even possible.... I use a paid vpn and it never happened until the guy contacted me to help me open an account for him...
It says I was reported.
How can you explain that

Did you use the same paid VPN to open an account for your “friend”?
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by lilkech(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fidelmalek:
No! I haven't.

I'd appreciate it

Write me an email
Re: I Helped A Nairalander To Create An Account And He Reported Me To Upwork by Fidelmalek(m): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
naijacutee:

Did you use the same paid VPN to open an account for your “friend”?
No

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Selling Baby Diapers In Wholesale Profitable In 2021? / I Need A Valid Address Or P.O Box To Receive Payoneer Card / Free Logo Designs For Six People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.