Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 (63763 Views)

Chelsea Vs Newcastle (1 - 0) On 13th March 2022 / Barcelona Vs Lyon: UCL (5 - 1) On 13th March 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 3) On 13th March 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Topiipii(m): 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
jelel6:

very nice post. and, I live football enough to know the Spanish dominance was/is one never seen before. I agree with majority of what you said above really.

perhaps, you would appreciation my post you quoted if you followed what triggered such. if you go back at that my message, you'd know I'm not saying the English teams are back. I'm saying with the indices in place - present coaches, Money, and ambition shown, they are coming, in two three years they will all compete. I believe L,pool, City and Spurs play great football at the moment and they competed and would develop further.

the Spanish did things correctly that's why they are here. its not their birthright, they worked for it - Some EPL teams are working for it.

Regards
I saw your first post as I actually read the thread from the first page till this one. The reason I quoted you was actually in my last post: 'My advise to you is to ignore these type of arguments as you're not going to win by any kind of parameter, most times when people start this kind of argument, I just point to the Uefa coefficient index'. I know some English teams are coming up, in fact, you mentioned the exact teams, but just three teams is not going to effect the king of change needed unless there's an improvement in about 8 teams that will regularly play in Europe and not UCL.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by josef1(m): 1:58am On Mar 15, 2018
phaamsaam:

Only in Nigeria is that thought process allowed, please don't go out of the shores of Nigeria and spill that thrash, because epl makes money for beer parlour and soccer showing houses, how does that transcend to quality of football football on the pitch... Route one farmers league with police football and a noisy press backed by sky money and foreign owners wealth
O boi leave story for the gods joor
We're in Nigeria and not out of the shores of Nigeria...
EPL is the real definition of football (anything can happen) grin
Take it or leave it
I'm out!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 7:59am On Mar 15, 2018
dfrost:

Kyase, what are you calling me for? I dey vex honestly. I told AndrewFarms about this foul-mouthed guy but nobody seems to agree or hear me out. See below the post I made the day we won Crystal Palace 2-3. angry angry angry angry angry angry
calm down na.
We dey win UCL next season.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by dfrost: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Kyase:
calm down na.
We dey win UCL next season.

I'm calm but I don't want to see that foul-mouthed guy. How can a reasonable person make such a loose-guarded comment "Man United is used to losing.." angry
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2018
OlaSpeaker:
After 90minute hope you will say this again my blood is red
Guy, how far.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by jelel6: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
Topiipii:

I saw your first post as I actually read the thread from the first page till this one. The reason I quoted you was actually in my last post: 'My advise to you is to ignore these type of arguments as you're not going to win by any kind of parameter, most times when people start this kind of argument, I just point to the Uefa coefficient index'. I know some English teams are coming up, in fact, you mentioned the exact teams, but just three teams is not going to effect the king of change needed unless there's an improvement in about 8 teams that will regularly play in Europe and not UCL.

8 teams!!! Don't overdraw the line!!! The Spanish dominated with just two teams. Athletics was close but never won it. And sadly to say, the Europa league is just not for English teams. To win it, clubs have to actually want to win it. The English teams who really can win it don't bother prioritize it because finishing in the CL places is more important for them. But with the way things are going, two of the big six will have to make do with the Europa league in the coming years. even if they treat it with more or less like the FA Cup, I expect them to still have some couple of wins going forward.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by jelel6: 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Topiipii:

Nairaland is just not the right place to really type Epistles. Hence, the reason I always like to clarify my position before trying to support my point.

improvement don't happen overnight, at least not in football. If you point to the Uefa coefficient, Spain is on top at the moment. they will still be on top in the next two years even if they don't win it within that period.

I believe what even brought the Talk of Spanish Dominance, English dominance was when I quoted someone who said the EPL was all Hype because sevilla knock out united. I only reference the period of English dominance to point out that football is a 'cycle'. One team or league can't dominate forever. whether it takes 7-8 years to truncate that cycle doesn't matter, it will end eventually.

When I analyse the future of the EPL, I don't even consider much of what the Spanish teams do in the years to come. Because I know no matter what they do, they will hardly find a player to do for them what messi and CR7 has done/ will do for some couple of years still.

someone has already told me to stop hiding under Ronaldo and Messi excuse for Madrid and Barca dominance. it's not an excuse, and I'm certainly not downplaying their achievements as individual clubs, I'm only pointing out a major piece or factor of their dominance. the best players will still play for Madrid and Barca, But messi and Ronaldo are no "ordinary best players" they are the difference.

I didn't Care to reply that person who said the impact of those two are an excuse for my position. if you also think similarly, I will be a little surprise though.

just in case you think similarly... consider this:

Bayern has been solid since 2012 till date, if they had messi or cr7, you wouldn't better against them adding some more CL within that period.

Barca game against Chelsea yesterday was by all means, except the goals an even performance by both teams. I saw a tactical and technical performance in equal measure by both teams. Barca kept playing football no more than Chelsea did. And of course, messi will always be the difference.

perhaps more pointedly, we haven't seen a dominance as one sided as the Spanish dominated this past years. If you think it is only a coincidence this happened in the era of messi and ronaldo, then I must apologise for all the rubbish I must have said so far!

And just to snip in, I have watched all the biggest matches played this season so far, Cl games, clasico, Manchester Derby, Bayern-Dortmund, Psg-Madrid (only one team turned up). in fact, just a lot of football. in my personal opinion, the best performance of a game of football I have seen so far was Spurs-Man city. City won with a rather large margin, 4-0, But they did so because they where absolutely brilliant. and not because Spurs was anywhere bad, they simply met something magical. If I was a gambler, that game cleared my doubt about who the best team is at the moment. All my opinion though!
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Topiipii(m): 9:43am On Mar 16, 2018
jelel6:

8 teams!!! Don't overdraw the line!!! The Spanish dominated with just two teams. Athletics was close but never won it. And sadly to say, the Europa league is just not for English teams. To win it, clubs have to actually want to win it. The English teams who really can win it don't bother prioritize it because finishing in the CL places is more important for them. But with the way things are going, two of the big six will have to make do with the Europa league in the coming years. even if they treat it with more or less like the FA Cup, I expect them to still have some couple of wins going forward.
I'll quote this post only because the other one is long, but bear in mind that this reply is for both.
You're kind of missing the point as regards the dominance we're talking about (unless your definition of dominance is different). The dominance is about the league and not about one or two clubs, in fact I mentioned Europe and not UCL, but you strangely ignored that part probably because you were in a hurry to pass your point across. I saw a statement yesterday about Spanish teams producing 18 out of the 48 quarter final teams in the last six seasons and I suddenly remembered that Malaga was actually one of them despite struggling in the league and having financial issues.
Mancity can be the best team in the world and win the UCL 10 years in a row, but that will not translate into European dominance, other teams need to step up. You seem to have forgotten your own argument in which you mentioned checking how far English teams when you were talking about their dominance. The Spanish teams consistently produce 5 to 6 teams in the later stages and win a lot of matches that's why they have such superior coefficient. You really need to study how the ranking is done, it's very straightforward, just like how you'd calculate your CGPA, it's based on the number of teams you send to Europe and not UCL alone; I doubt you'd have been shocked I mentioned 8 teams if you really know how the ranking system works.

P.S. La liga never dominated with two teams, Atletico played two finals in three years and you mentioned close, they only lost to R.Madrid, another Spanish team how is that not dominance?
In 2015 (it could be 2014, I'm not so sure now) no Spanish team lost to a team from another league in Europe, all the teams that crashed out were knocked out by fellow Spanish teams, does that appear like something only Madrid and Barca did?
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
calm down na. We dey win UCL next season.
I wish I get this kind hope wey you get so....
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
AndrewFarms:

I wish I get this kind hope wey you get so....
everything will fall in place, Jose will change his tactics, Jose will serve for 15 years in United
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
everything will fall in place, Jose will change his tactics, Jose will serve for 15 years in United

Even Jose mourinho will laugh at this your comment
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Even Jose mourinho will laugh at this your comment
Did you watch his presser today?
The guy said he's going nowhere.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
Did you watch his presser today?
The guy said he's going nowhere.

And you believe managers.

I've learnt to expect the unexpectable.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

And you believe managers.

I've learnt to expect the unexpectable.
Well in Jose I trust.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
Well in Jose I trust.
Which kain yeye Jose
In Lukaku I trust

That he can't trap a ball first time grin grin grin

I rather trust fellanis afro
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Which kain yeye Jose
In Lukaku I trust

That he can't trap a ball first time grin grin grin

I rather trust fellanis afro
But did you know that lukaku has our best player in recent weeks?
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:

But did you know that lukaku has our best player in recent weeks?

No, he has improved this few weeks, our best player has been the one and only Superman

De Geaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That guy is so good he saved an excel spreadsheet in a calculator. grin

We have not gotten any consistent outfield player due to inconsistent player selection.
When ever a partnership seems to be building, Mourinho changes it.

Matic and mctominnay were doing fine, he altered it.
Lukaku and martial were doing fine, he changed him,
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

No, he has improved this few weeks, our best player has been the one and only Superman

De Geaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That guy is so good he saved an excel spreadsheet in a calculator. grin

We have not gotten any consistent outfield player due to inconsistent player selection.
When ever a partnership seems to be building, Mourinho changes it.

Matic and mctominnay were doing fine, he altered it.
Lukaku and martial were doing fine, he changed him,
He wants to get a perfect partnership, and also he wants to satisfy every player.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
He wants to get a perfect partnership, and also he wants to satisfy every player.
Perfect partnership and satisfying every player should not be in one sentence.

Moreover perfect partnership is built over time not by rotation.
That is why they have training sessions.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Perfect partnership and satisfying every player should not be in one sentence.

Moreover perfect partnership is built over time not by rotation.
That is why they have training sessions.
we only see them play matches not training, the manager knows his players more than we do.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:
we only see them play matches not training, the manager knows his players more than we do.
Yeah he also knows the results more than we do.

Mourinho might be a good coach, but Mark this, he is not unsackable,
He has lost touch with how modern football should be played.
United became a global brand because they played scintillating football, maybe you need to ask yourself where AC Milan is today,
Mourinhos stubbornness will only cost him or united.

He should either buy the right players for his system or prove he is a good tactician and adapt to the type of players he has after all this is his second system, and he has spent roughly above 300 million on players.

We should be rubbing shoulders with Bayern Barca and Madrid, not with Chelsea man City and Arsenal.

Incase you don't know stand up for the champions was sang because of us.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Yeah he also knows the results more than we do.

Mourinho might be a good coach, but Mark this, he is not unsackable,
He has lost touch with how modern football should be played.
United became a global brand because they played scintillating football, maybe you need to ask yourself where AC Milan is today,
Mourinhos stubbornness will only cost him or united.

He should either buy the right players for his system or prove he is a good tactician and adapt to the type of players he has after all this is his second system, and he has spent roughly above 300 million on players.

We should be rubbing shoulders with Bayern Barca and Madrid, not with Chelsea man City and Arsenal.

Incase you don't know stand up for the champions was sang because of us.
And remember it's not Jose fault we're in this position as a club, united downfall started when Ferguson annoited Moyes, van gaal Mr philosophy came and bought scrap as players, aside Rojo.
Jose came to build a team, Just like Jose said today, all this teams have been investing on players for years not now.
It will take us 3 years to build a team of our desires.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:

And remember it's not Jose fault we're in this position as a club, united downfall started when Ferguson annoited Moyes, van gaal Mr philosophy came and bought scrap as players, aside Rojo.
Jose came to build a team, Just like Jose said today, all this teams have been investing on players for years not now.
It will take us 3 years to build a team of our desires.

That is not an excuse

We could have equally given Moyes 3 years to build his team.
Van gaal won us the FA Cup which took us to the Europa league.

The core of Mourinhos performers are players he met I the club, the only exception being Matic.
Pogba has been too inconsistent and unconcerned.

Lukaku for his price is a flop for now , for Christ sake Rooney was released because of this guy.
Lindelof has been a disaster
The jury is out of Bailey with his school boy errors and Mykhitaryan was happy to run away.

This Guys might improve tomorrow, but with the amount spent, we should not be so many points behind city, get knocked out of Europe by likes of sevilla and having the F. A cup as a consolation.

We are united and we set the Pace.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by AndrewFarms(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:

I hope so
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

That is not an excuse

We could have equally given Moyes 3 years to build his team.
Van gaal won us the FA Cup which took us to the Europa league.

The core of Mourinhos performers are players he met I the club, the only exception being Matic.
Pogba has been too inconsistent and unconcerned.

Lukaku for his price is a flop for now , for Christ sake Rooney was released because of this guy.
Lindelof has been a disaster
The jury is out of Bailey with his school boy errors and Mykhitaryan was happy to run away.

This Guys might improve tomorrow, but with the amount spent, we should not be so many points behind city, get knocked out of Europe by likes of sevilla and having the F. A cup as a consolation.

We are united and we set the Pace.
City were just lucky at the beginning of the season, remember the 1:0 , 2:1 at the 97th minutes winning that made them maintain the first position, coupled with sterling diving, remove city and we are winning the league.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
Kyase:

City were just lucky at the beginning of the season, remember the 1:0 , 2:1 at the 97th minutes winning that made them maintain the first position, coupled with sterling diving, remove city and we are winning the league.

If City where lucky, we should be 2 points behind them, not 1 mile.
City has been excellent, but united can be better, the question is can mourinho shelve his legendary stubbornness for the team.
First and foremost let Shaw play consistently, young is never a fullback. Most times he looks lost.
Give Pogba freedom to roam, he is a box to box player not a holding midfielder.
Start Martial He creates space for others.

Let him try this and see if we won't start playing beautifully.

Also tell your forward players to consistently stop coming back to help the defence and instead press the opposition mid fielders.

Let the midfield and defence deal with defending.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Kyase(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

If City where lucky, we should be 2 points behind them, not 1 mile.
City has been excellent, but united can be better, the question is can mourinho shelve his legendary stubbornness for the team.
First and foremost let Shaw play consistently, young is never a fullback. Most times he looks lost.
Give Pogba freedom to roam, he is a box to box player not a holding midfielder.
Start Martial He creates space for others.

Let him try this and see if we won't start playing beautifully.

Also tell your forward players to consistently stop coming back to help the defence and instead press the opposition mid fielders.

Let the midfield and defence deal with defending.
why ditch what's working for you? Jose is known for his defensive approach to games and I don't see him changing anytime soon.
Re: Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Kyase:
why ditch what's working for you? Jose is known for his defensive approach to games and I don't see him changing anytime soon.
United don't have the personnel's for a defensive approach.
For such a team, you need mentally disciplined players, our players are flair players who wants to exhibit their skill, that is why you see mourinho prefers people like valencia, mctominnay matric and fellanis, he uses young because young knows of he digressed he will be sold.

If he wants defensive players let him go and buy them, not turning steel to wood, that system might bring you short term success not giving you a legacy.

Why do you think mourinho rarely lasts in teams.and after he leaves those teams collapses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Manchester United Fan Thread / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.