Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge (39241 Views)

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know / Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Dee60: 10:47am On Mar 14, 2018
profosa:
Any body that thinks ADP,PDP,SDP,NRC would come to power in Lagos state and abandon an easy source of money-property taxes.is either naive or does not know what governance.

Nigerians welcome to the real world of TAXES AND BILLS

Will you buy that house at 598 million? That is about 1.5 million dollars?

Even in the realest of worlds that will not happen!

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Malawian(m): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2018
Bakynes24:

So tell me how it affects only Igbos? I put it to you again does the law say an increment of LUC for non-Yorubas only. I personally go to the bank every year for the last 4 years to pay my Grandmother's LUC for a 4 flat house in Shogunle. I know how much I pay for the house.The building is valued at 50 million and i pay 35 k every year. It's stupidity saying it's targeted to frustrate Igbos.
Lagos State Government Are the SOLE EVALUATORS of the buildings. We sabi Yoruba way nah.

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Bakynes24: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2018
Malawian:

Lagos State Government Are the SOLE EVALUATORS of the buildings. We sabi Yoruba way nah.
OK so the only houses the LASG will be Evaluating is that of Igbos only and will allow Yorubas to value their own houses themselves?
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by stevecantrell: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2018
AryaSand:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin and majority of the people in Lekki kukuma dinor always pay the money at all. You need to see Notice on their gates.

So i wont pay either...and lets see what happens.

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by mokt(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2018
I swear down If I don't kill anyone found bringing such things to my house, the person go nearly die. I HATE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Reference(m): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2018
madridguy:
This is serious.

Only serious. It is fantastic. I like this. Wonder why government is giving relief, sebi Lagosians boast that they live in Switzerland. They should pay oh. Mega city loading... most expensive slum in the world. Legacy of a lack of political opposition. No alternative means abuse of power. Within the next four years it will be parking charges of 1 million naira per annum per vehicle. Hahahaha...

4 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by agarawu23(m): 11:26am On Mar 14, 2018
If this house is worth almost 600m, how much will Linda banana island house worth?

Lagos State government is a joke. I am patiently waiting for them. You must calculate the blocks, sand, gravel, iron, cement, wood, labor cost and every other expenses including omo onile money and give me actual figure.

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Malawian(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Every area in Lagos needs to organize themselves and issue a cease and desist order over bringing such bills. Anybody caught should be lynched.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by jaymichael(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2018
fatymore:
I am begging you in the name of what you believe in. Get your pvc and vote Apc out..
And vote in who?
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by stieyven(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2018
LORDOFAFONJAS:
grin No go better for Tinubu and that useless Buhari cheesy
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by newoffer: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2018
There are slums in every nook n cranny of Lagos State, dis dumb administration will not find a peaceful solution to the poor.
The people ruling Lagos are staunch criminals. These are sick head who are nobody before coming to the corridor of power.

Fighting to recover tax just for your group to misappropriate.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by ConcernedNL: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2018
doctokwus:

Didirin

Musa Fatai, Aka Dr Frank.... SARS fall on you ...... very soon
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by newoffer: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2018
mokt:
I swear down If I don't kill anyone found bringing such things to my house, the person go nearly die. I HATE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS
. Wickedness

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Reference(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
When we said, make sure political opposition is not destroyed, this is one of the reasons, but Nigerians are just too sentimental, too naive, too ignorant to be governed properly. It is no surprise it was so easy for the white man to enslave them in ship loads. Is this not modern day slavery. They believe in Hitler like rhetoric and Stalinist 'strongmanism'. This is the result. The result of totalitarianism. See the battles at the National Assembly without which the same things will have been operating nationwide. But who will the Lagos State house of assembly support....tthe people?....the weak willed, ignorant people?

Lagosians must pay. It the the dividend of their investment in a one party state.

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Omololu2121: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
profosa:
no insult please,we are discussing.

Agreed income is low.but I would say it loud again.NO GOVT WOULD ABANDON EASY TAXES LIKE PROPERTY WHETHER ADP OR ZPP.Lagosians should negotiate a better property valuation and better accountability of the taxes.two wrong do not make a right.pay your fair and reasonable taxes and stop looking for excuses.

If the tax assessment is high object and pay your reasonable share.

Angola is more in a shithole than us but they pay taxes.
are you saying lagosians were not paying taxes on the properties before? With the sort of property and low income government has no right to increase the it
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Tunks2017(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
oluoni:
I guess its time for Ogun and Oyo states to rise and shine..Ibadan used to be the new York of west Africa during the years of the oyo empire and then Lagos was just a slave depot and a commercial center but I guess Ibadan people went to sleep and woke up to see that they've been dethroned by Lagos.

With all the crap Lag gov is doing with toll fee, luc, vehicle license & mot increment; it will make Lag insignificant and irrelevant...............
This will push more residence & investors to Ogun state................

Welcome to my Ogun state grin

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
Bakynes24:

Is there such thing as a Yoruba only Estate. The only places we can say Igbos outnumber Yorubas is the Oshodi/Isolo LGA that's why you guys won the seat of the National and state assemblies.

For the fact you can only see rich Igbo men because you guys like to boast to yourselves when you travel back to your villages in December doesn't mean you guys own majority of the the properties in Lagos. We don't see it as a big deal since we are building on our father land but you guys have made it a lifetime achievement to build a house in Lagos.

""we are building on our father land""

U aren't building in ur father land, Ur father land is ogbomosho n Lagos AKA Eko is the fatherland of Bini people.

""you guys have made it a lifetime achievement to build a house in Lagos""

Igbos build houses in Ibadan, Abuja, China, Equitorial guinea, Kano, Maidunguri, Sokwoto. Figure it out.

""The only places we can say Igbos outnumber Yorubas is the Oshodi/Isolo LGA""

Check it again, That's if u live in Lagos. Igbos didn't win local govt chairman in oshodi. What they won spans several local govts

And don't count areas where igbos don't dominate yet as Yoruba enclaves because there are Ijaw, Urobo, Efik, Hausa, Annang, etc numbering Millions in Lagos state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
I thought they said it’s 0.076% WHY are they calculating it at 0.761% instead of 0.076%? There’s a huge difference na.

three:
Cont
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Brainardc(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Addy003:
Can't see any building
may your blindness be healed in Jesus name.... Amen grin
Addy003:
Can't see any building
may your blindness be healed in Jesus name.... Amen
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by rajidestiny(m): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
With my experience on the land use charge, the computation is mostly overcharged. The best is to consult expert. I can guide if need. Check my signature.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by rajidestiny(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
It's 0.7610 in percent.
IForgotMyLoginD:
I thought they said it’s 0.076% WHY are they calculating it at 0.761% instead of 0.076%? There’s a huge difference na.

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Dsov2016: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
but why that house come look like Evans the kidnapper house
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Electroweb(m): 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
G
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by sunsewa16: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
zombie oh,zombie, zombie oh. l really miss fela and gani fawehemi, we all are now zombie to one man,just as north Koreans are zombie to their idolized leader,while we also has highly learned men that are also zombie to that same man,please we need remove the satanic veil of zombies covering us come 2019,to save ourselves from hypertension and heart attacks coming from their desperation to drain us,life has no duplicate oh, it must not be PDP, there's other party platform's to use.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by FabioPeter: 3:34pm On Mar 14, 2018
three:
How in the world is this house worth N589.3M?

589,300,000 - 0.4(589,300,000) = N353,580,000

.076% of 353,580,000 = N268,720.80 if its occupied by owner

.76% of 353,580,000 = N 2,687,208.00 if rented

This charge may be considered fair if the money is properly appropriated. in residential areas like this you pay around 10k monthly security, cost of running your gen about 40k/month, water/borehole and other sundry cost all amounting to over N600,000/Annum as against N268,720/Annum.

If the government guarantees good roads, security, electricity and water. this property tax is worth every penny. Communities should engage government via town hall meetings, make their demands and extract government commitment. We got to be pounds wise.

*What I find irrational is the % cost disparity between apartment rented out and that occupied by owner.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
Dee60:

Will you buy that house at 598 million? That is about 1.5 million dollars?

Even in the realest of worlds that will not happen!

See every taxman would raise a high tax assessment.it is left for you to proof otherwise.do they have an independent valuation report,that is what can counter the taxman position and not all this social media noise.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
FabioPeter:

This charge may be considered fair if the money is properly appropriated. in residential areas like this you pay around 10k monthly security, cost of running your gen about 40k/month, water/borehole and other sundry cost all amounting to over N600,000/Annum as against N268,720/Annum.

If the government guarantees good roads, security, electricity and water. this property tax is worth every penny. Communities should engage government via town hall meetings, make their demands and extract government commitment. We got to be pounds wise.

*What I find irrational is the % cost disparity between apartment rented out and that occupied by owner.

Nice analysis.but don't forget that two wrongs dont make a right.

Even rich people in the USA evade tax.pay your fair share of tax because it is the right thing to do.open accountability is what everyone of us should demand for.however it is a different issue from tax payment

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by ireayomide2015: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
Rwanda is another hell on earth, I lived there for over a year I ran back. They are using paid journalist to deceive you. Wake up
AryaSand:

Seconded! Shebi the Governor wants to be mad ni? We can be mad together. I'll cash out and say Bye Bye to Nigeria. Rwanda is calling me.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by true2home(m): 8:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
The problem is WITH the value of the House to start. That house is not worth more than 55M period!!! NOW START YOUR CALCULATOR AGAIN AND TELL US OUR TAX OGA.

FabioPeter:

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by FabioPeter: 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Reference:
When we said, make sure political opposition is not destroyed, this is one of the reasons, but Nigerians are just too sentimental, too naive, too ignorant to be governed properly. It is no surprise it was so easy for the white man to enslave them in ship loads. Is this not modern day slavery. They believe in Hitler like rhetoric and Stalinist 'strongmanism'. This is the result. The result of totalitarianism. See the battles at the National Assembly without which the same things will have been operating nationwide. But who will the Lagos State house of assembly support....tthe people?....the weak willed, ignorant people?

Lagosians must pay. It the the dividend of their investment in a one party state.

You mean it’s a bad idea for a man whose house is valued at 50m to pay 23,000/annum for govt to use to develop his host community?
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by true2home(m): 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
All you Baba boys do not want to face the real issue here. The evaluation is the big elephant in the room. We all know that Omo Onile repacked as Tax Valuer, will be using this tax to extort money from people and remitting some percentage to Baba in IKOYI.

I remember laughing when they said that Omo onile is being abolished in Lagos. I know something has been arrange with them to continue using them to exploit the people. Now we know their new role in Lagos

FabioPeter:

You mean it’s a bad idea for a man whose house is valued at 50m to pay 23,000/annum for govt to use to develop his host community?
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by LaudableXX: 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:
In all fully developed and developing areas of Lagos, Igbos have more real estate than Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled / Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.