Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge (39245 Views)

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know / Ikorodu Houses Marked For Demolition By LASG; The Residents React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2018
grin
oluoni:
I guess its time for Ogun and Oyo states to rise and shine..Ibadan used to be the new York of west Africa during the years of the oyo empire and then Lagos was just a slave depot and a commercial center but I guess Ibadan people went to sleep and woke up to see that they've been dethroned by Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by lazeal: 9:23am On Mar 14, 2018
Espada10:
There is something happening in lagos, that this APC politicians are trying to cover.

The kind of legal and illegal embezzlement going on in that state is unprecedented.

Lagos is in such a debt (internationally and locally) they can never ever finish paying.

The man is right what started as a child play during Thiefnibu is now a grown child under ambode and will continue to grow unless a miracle occurs ( in Nigeria that is unlikely ).

My only advise to non-Yorubas living in lagos

1) start now and prepare to leave lagos

2)Leave all this ibeju -lekki nonsense ornoyher lagos environs bla bla and invest in Akwa ibom ( my state) or calabar or akwa cross (whichever) this is where things will be happening in the next 10 years ..The wind is blowing down South

I don talk my own! !
I love Akwa Ibom, so peaceful. If only there can be more industries in that state, it will help a lot but sadly, there are not. Yeah, all those ibeju lekki noise no be here. I think it will be hard for people who already own house in Lagos to vacate just like that and if they would move, the closest would be OGUN STATE. People are in Lagos not because they love it but because of the commercial activities that goes on there.

I can tell you that if any state can start developing rapidly right now, people will move. Other state government have a lot of works to do.

4 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:23am On Mar 14, 2018
The sad thing about the Lagos situation is that any protest will be seen as politically motivated.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by azeezengr(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2018
Lagos Land use charge will be a deciding factor in 2019 election! Am 100% sure that all will suffer this new charges if it comes to stay because the smart landlord will simply adjust his rent while a smart tenant tactically own by paying the old rate and beg landlord that he has budgeted initial sum that he will find a way to pay, he does that again and continue pleading or him and landlord goes to court. In summary the fowl that perches on rope will not enjoy itself likewise the rope it perches on!

I believe this will end mumu of Lagosians and do the needful in 2019, just about a year from now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 14, 2018
Espada10:
There is something happening in lagos, that this APC politicians are trying to cover.

The kind of legal and illegal embezzlement going on in that state is unprecedented.

Lagos is in such a debt (internationally and locally) they can never ever finish paying.

The man is right what started as a child play during Thiefnibu is now a grown child under ambode and will continue to grow unless a miracle occurs ( in Nigeria that is unlikely ).

My only advise to non-Yorubas living in lagos

1) start now and prepare to leave lagos

2)Leave all this ibeju -lekki nonsense ornoyher lagos environs bla bla and invest in Akwa ibom ( my state) or calabar or akwa cross (whichever) this is where things will be happening in the next 10 years ..The wind is blowing down South

I don talk my own! !

With over 5 Sea n River ports closed up in SE n SS n with the only active ports in Nigeria located in Lagos...........No one is going anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by madenigga(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2018
Ajixegun:

Stop living your life in hateful. It seems Yoruba is the worst nightmare of all igbos because at any given situation you guys must surely mention Yorubas are this and that.
We igbos hv passed that level its you yorubas that shud be getting this advice

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Bakynes24: 9:27am On Mar 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga ur living in a Yoruba estate. grin.

Igbo populace surpasses that of Yoruba in Lagos.

Same goes with wealth.

Everyone sane person who has lived in Lagos for at least 10 years knows this.

Thats why Ambode has been doing anything possible to restrict the Igbos. He has even created laws to prevent Igbos from gaining admission in Lagos state higher institutions (which is long dead before arrival).

Ambode created laws to make teaching n learning of Yoruba language compulsory in Lagos secondary schools, he also made laws legalizing the speaking of Yoruba language in Lagos state house of assembly (because igbos won seats there).

Even Fashola deported igbos.

Even after Ambode n tinubu finished rigging Lagos state governorship election results, The result was still too close.

U can remain blind to it till further notice.
Is there such thing as a Yoruba only Estate. The only places we can say Igbos outnumber Yorubas is the Oshodi/Isolo LGA that's why you guys won the seat of the National and state assemblies.

For the fact you can only see rich Igbo men because you guys like to boast to yourselves when you travel back to your villages in December doesn't mean you guys own majority of the the properties in Lagos. We don't see it as a big deal since we are building on our father land but you guys have made it a lifetime achievement to build a house in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Gamesmart: 9:27am On Mar 14, 2018
blacktall:

House + Land cannot worth between 75m-100m.
So 76K/year. Which I believe is still too much.
Each tenant will pay an additional 19k/year.

Please repeat what you are saying in English.

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
The taxman can raise any assessment he deems reasonable within the ambit of the law but is left for the taxpayer to prove otherwise.get an accredited estate valuer to do an actual valuation and write back to the tax authorities demanding amendment and pay what you deem fair based on the new valuation.

If you do not respond and you are taken to the tax tribunal,publishing your objection on social media is not defence.

And note that as the case progressess through the law courts,a bond of the amount in dispute would be demanded from you.object today and leave social media alone.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
Looks like Evans House..... Money dey hin hand....
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by loganx: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2018
This is by no means short of a fraudulent act by the government. where is the PDP or any other opposition candidate?

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by koolg: 9:34am On Mar 14, 2018
madenigga:
LoL and the yorubas were busy fooling themselves jubilating coz according to them the decree is going to affect igbos the most. Now the statistics is out and it has bqck fired on them.

Karma is truly a bitch

You're a tribalistic bigot. How many yorubas did you interact with before concocting this fallacy. How will you generalize and group together a whole race in attribution of a bad attribute. Idiiot!

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 9:35am On Mar 14, 2018
Any body that thinks ADP,PDP,SDP,NRC would come to power in Lagos state and abandon an easy source of money-property taxes.is either naive or does not know what governance.

Nigerians welcome to the real world of TAXES AND BILLS

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Lomprico2: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2018
madridguy:
This is serious.

No! Its not!

Its change!! grin

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by DJInfluence: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2018
Let´s start with the conspiracy theories:

Maybe someone in the state Govt office want to play a fast one on both the owner and the state by inflating the value so they can pocket part of the money.
Maybe the state govt is so desperate to generate money for the next election that they are doing this.

Add your theory......
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Lomprico2: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2018
fuckerstard:
Moku o, dis government people sick gan. APC OR PDP they are all d same.

They r not d same!!

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by doyinbaby(f): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2018
Ambrose is simply working hard to lose the next election aà

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by myrates: 9:52am On Mar 14, 2018
We told them not to vote APC government but they won't listen. It's so obvious this government is not for the people, with this LUC law, the super rich in Lagos will also cry bitterly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Espada10: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2018
lazeal:
I love Akwa Ibom, so peaceful. If only there can be more industries in that state, it will help a lot but sadly, there are not. Yeah, all those ibeju lekki noise no be here. I think it will be hard for people who already own house in Lagos to vacate just like that and if they would move, the closest would be OGUN STATE. People are in Lagos not because they love it but because of the commercial activities that goes on there.

I can tell you that if any state can start developing rapidly right now, people will move. Other state government have a lot of works to do.
who create those industries = people

..60% of what is driving lagos are seaport and a recognized international Airport.

Believe me, if Abuja has a seaport , you won't see anybody in Lagos again. Those 2 things drives up Population. .

I don't agree that it will be hard for people to leave Lagos.What I agree is that it will be hard for people with already "Investments" anyway.

. ..but just because New york has industries,Seaport, Airport and populations doesn't mean a state like California or Texas that is even in another time zone shouldn't have it too..I hope you get my point.

Lagos is what it is because it is the only gateway to this shithole.

We have useless leaders and that includes all the SS Governors too..My problem with SS Governors is that they don't have foresight.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by NoToPile: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2018
Abeg does anybody have information on how to apply for the waiver for a retiree.

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2018
NoToPile:
Abeg does anybody have information on how to apply for the waiver for a retiree.

I can assist you.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 10:05am On Mar 14, 2018
profosa:

I can assist you.

I would draft the letters and gather the documents,amd thereafter file same,till waiver is granted.contact me on osemosa@gmail.com
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2018
profosa:

I can assist you.

Contact me on osemosa@gmail.com
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by doctokwus: 10:09am On Mar 14, 2018
ConcernedNL:
People value their house as collateral for loan, if you value your house 500 million to collect a loan, thats what the government would value it for you, simple
Didirin

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Omololu2121: 10:12am On Mar 14, 2018
madenigga:

How foolish can you yorubas be did i say the law was for only igbos. If you have problem reading then go back to school. Go and ask your foolish brothers that were jubilating here on Nairaland because according to them its going to affect igbos most.

If you know you are a f00l abeg stay your lane o.
please show me the thread Yoruba's were jubilating the law it's going to affect IBO's the more.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by hush15: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2018
alphaconde:
so after collecting these monies what will they do with it, is there any further mathematical explanation as to how the money will be spent?

useless nigerian goverment

Yes o

They use it to fund their luxury cars, exotic houses, globe trot to unimaginable destinations, foot the life threating medical illness and feed generations unborn and the worst part is they dont even know how to share, no matter how small....

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Omololu2121: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2018
profosa:
Any body that thinks ADP,PDP,SDP,NRC would come to power in Lagos state and abandon an easy source of money-property taxes.is either naive or does not know what governance.

Nigerians welcome to the real world of TAXES AND BILLS
what's the income of Nigerian per annum,very few Nigerians even earn up to 500k in a year.

Stop been dumb guy

2 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Dee60: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2018
LAGOS HAS NOW FINALLY BEEN PRIVATISED. SOUTH WEST TO FOLLOW.

THE ONLY SOLUTION NOW IS 2019.

ANY CANDIDATE THAT REVERSES THESE WICKED SCHEMES (EXCLUDING THE LYING PARTY OF COURSE!!) MUST WIN.

THE WICKED SCHEMES ARE IN LAND, TOLL GATES, WASTE COLLECTION, ALL THE NEW LG CHARGES, ETC!

THE CHAIRMAN OF THE 'LAGOS COMPANY' MUST COUGH OUT THE TRILLIONS POCKETeD!

1 Like

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2018
stevecantrell:

My brother, thats a question many are scared to contemplate the answer.
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin and majority of the people in Lekki kukuma dinor always pay the money at all. You need to see Notice on their gates.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Originalsly: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2018
I'm almost sure. ...raising revenue is not the aim of this plan. It is most likely to repossess the land for other purposes /landlords. ..... or it is a real estate scheme to rob some landlords of their houses. E.g...house in question... I'm interested. ... so I over value the property ..the owner is unable to pay the tax... the property is seized by the city... privately 'auctioned'...and I win the bid. These people need to be stopped....by any means necessary.

3 Likes

Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by profosa: 10:39am On Mar 14, 2018
Omololu2121:
what's the income of Nigerian per annum,very few Nigerians even earn up to 500k in a year.

Stop been dumb guy
no insult please,we are discussing.

Agreed income is low.but I would say it loud again.NO GOVT WOULD ABANDON EASY TAXES LIKE PROPERTY WHETHER ADP OR ZPP.Lagosians should negotiate a better property valuation and better accountability of the taxes.two wrong do not make a right.pay your fair and reasonable taxes and stop looking for excuses.

If the tax assessment is high object and pay your reasonable share.

Angola is more in a shithole than us but they pay taxes.
Re: The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge by Kpokom: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2018
This is my place, Omofade crescent, opposite home affairs supermarket. An Igbo man owns this house. The owner celebrated it 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.