Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know (49165 Views)

Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:

haha she dey trip for u be dat na grin grin grin grin
Omo i no fit oo cheesy
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
Tradition is for the poor. Did they flog that indimi guy who married Zahra?

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by pressy09: 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Kai!!! how many cow i go give for one beautiful Yanrinya?
YhungPablo:
The dowry is usually paid in form of herds of cattle to the bride’s father ...Hmmm ..
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
I suspect most marriages of non-fulani to fulani's especially the hausas.. are purely for political purposes wink
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by maisauki: 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
d lady is APC
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by MrBONE2(m): 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.
grin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by sherif4owo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
krissconnect:
Ignorant mofos, just like their senile president. So cos someone was able to withstand the pains of Cain, that means he can protect their daughter? Nonsense. Foolanis undecided

The beating is not to inflict pain on the guy as explained, it's just their culture and its not even real beating in the real sense. using a stick to touch the husband is sometimes what they do. except if them hate you
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by segebase(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
I bet they didn't flog boohariii
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by JikanBaura(m): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
A7:
IF THAT YORUBA BOY IDRISS AJIMOBI GOT FLOGGED WELL, HE WOULD HAVE BEHAVED HIMSELF AROUND FATIMA GANDUJE IN PUBLIC FUNCTIONS

Lol grin I 100% agree with you, But unfortunately even the rural fulani no longer practice sharo nowdays no man is flog in other to get a girl hand in marriage atleast in Nigeria.

From what i know sharon Fulani has more to do with bravy not marriage, sharo can be carried out not just in the advent of marriage and it's only done when the girl got many men suitors, then sharo flogging is arranged by the bride family as competition when their daughter have many suitors ,for them to determine who is the most brave much endurant , who ever won the competition is decided as her feature husband and that's even if she don't love him. Sometimes the women persuade the man they love to participate , their also cases where thier lovers quit even before the competition. grin some parents have their daughter married to her lover even if their many suitors and

The sharo thing is not a marriage thing, it's only done when the need arises , hopes i make sense grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by alanka(f): 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Was that Ibadan boy with his dad Flogged? If they were not it would do them good to go back there and be flogged.

Those idiots deserve flogging. If they are not flogged, I will flogged them myself.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by odovia: 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
so how many strokes them flog gov ajimobi son?

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by iambijo(m): 5:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Segzee1:

Thanks for replying.

Just like it is written in the article above, the kind of flogging here mentioned is different from that of your tradition. The flogging is a serious one and it is being carried out by young men from the bride's family.

It is believed that if the man is able to withstand the pain definitely he truly love the lady and also he would be able to protect her from any form of danger.
am fulani my whole life buh i never knew which clan? among fula is practice this kind of wedding rite of flogging groom to be as you mentioned here can you be specific pls
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by A7(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
JikanBaura:

Lol grin I 100% agree with you, But unfortunately even the rural fulani no longer practice sharo nowdays no man is flog in other to get a girl hand in marriage atleast in Nigeria.

From what i know sharon Fulani has more to do with bravy not marriage, sharo can be carried out not just in the advent of marriage and it's only done when the girl got many men suitors, then sharo flogging is arranged by the bride family as competition when their daughter have many suitors ,for them to determine who is the most brave much endurant , who ever won the competition is decided as her feature husband and that's even if she don't love him. Sometimes the women persuade the man they love to participate , their also cases where thier lovers quit even before the competition. grin some parents have their daughter married to her lover even if their many suitors and

The sharo thing is not a marriage thing, it's only done when the need arises , hopes i make sense grin

Yeah they do that in a lot of their festivities and sometimes just for show, for money in markets mostly.

Gaskiya abin da mugunta, sufa bama bulala qarama suke amfani da ita ba, sanda danye suke samu. Just the thought of being at the receiving end will make you pee.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Paretomaster(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Total junk journalism, How on earth will Seun allow his MODs push all sort-of articles to the front page without verification?

There is nowhere in Fulani land where they flog you to marry their daughter, sharo is a cultural practice like traditional wrestling, boxing etc.

Suitors might engage in sharo to prove a point, entertain or even settle scores, but it was never a prerequisite for you to marry a fulani lady.

Am so pissed, people need to read, and learn before spewing trash all over the place.. ..

That's how one mumu of a graduate claimed goats, rams cows, and other animals from the North are usually caught from the bush as they roam about freely ... Really!!!!

Seun, the MOD that pushed this to front page have to be punished for violating one of the rule....... "false information "

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by A7(m): 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
sherif4owo:

The beating is not to inflict pain on the guy as explained, it's just their culture and its not even real beating in the real sense. using a stick to touch the husband is sometimes what they do. except if them hate you

The first stroke makes some people faint right away. It is not a joke.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by newoffer: 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
I can only donate my sperm to a Fulani woman when it is watery like palm wine
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by odehaj: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
doyinbaby:
I can never willingly subject myself to beating
you are not a man you won’t understand
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Enmas078(m): 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2018
So get multiple wives from fulani pole Na die hard thing..... Imagining someone wey want marry three babes. That would be 3 times 250....especially our brothers from Imogen wey dey marry two wives in a day... Lol
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Enmas078(m): 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2018
So get multiple wives from fulani pole Na die hard thing..... Imagining someone wey want marry three babes. That would be 3 times 250....especially our brothers from Imogen wey dey marry two wives in a day... Lol ... Please don't quote me ooooo
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by odehaj: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2018
I will endure the canes but anytime the girl angers me I will do the needful grin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by agarawu23(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
I will like to witness the flogging part. I do like Fulani ladies when I was small. They were thousands of them in oshodi then. E b like say na fashola pursue all of them.

Marrying them Is cool just like Hausa ladies. they aren't worried about materialistic. Just feed them and take good care of them while they give u babies tongue
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by juanjo2: 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
oxygenlove:
Then Your Offspring Will Nw Become Fulani Herdsmen
brother u no get chill
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by thundafire: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
Poor men always suffering rich men not flogged
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Ekite: 7:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

My cousin once had a fulani princess as babe.n the girl told us that the parent of the bride usually uses charms to either make the floggers to get tired very quickly, Or use jazz on the man to make him resistance to the flogging.
This is correct.
I once read a book (old Naija novel) about a boy that ran away when he couldn't withstand beating due to the juju used.
I think he was a prince and his family was ashamed so he became a wanderer.
It's been long sha

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by biggy26: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
lefulefu:
grin na d koboko part interest me pass in all their wedding procedure.i heard b4 u marry a fulani girl they must give u 250 lashes of d koboko for ur naked backcheesy.and if u cry they resume the counting of d lashingcheesy.
Forget matter, did they flog Gov. Ajimobi's son? All those things are for the poor men.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Henri8: 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
And who wants to marry a herdswoman?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by JikanBaura(m): 8:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
A7:

Yeah they do that in a lot of their festivities and sometimes just for show, for money in markets mostly.

Gaskiya abin da mugunta, sufa bama bulala qarama suke amfani da ita ba, sanda danye suke samu. Just the thought of being at the receiving end will make you pee.

cheesy Ai tsapi suke, Kai duk wanda ya bari akamai icce irin wan'nan tO aradu in-mutuwa inKo jinya grin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by JikanBaura(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:
I suspect most marriages of non-fulani to fulani's especially the hausas.. are purely for political purposes wink

Can you explain ?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by A7(m): 8:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
JikanBaura:

cheesy Ai tsapi suke, Kai duk wanda ya bari akamai icce irin wan'nan tO aradu in-mutuwa inKo jinya grin

hahaha. Gaskiya saida tsafi kam
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by megama: 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by megama: 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2018
XhosaNostra:
This is actually very similar to how we do things in my culture. I've seen the "flogging", but I never understood what it was for. It's usually done playfully by the females in attendance. Not a serious beatdown & the groom is covered with a blanket so he doesn't get hurt lol.

Who does the beating & how serious is it? Just curious.
really

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by rasco2000me: 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
The fluging is primitive do dey flug ajimobi son who married dadje daughter d so called governor marriage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) / Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign / Emir Sanusi And His Vintage Car Spotted In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.