Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know (49160 Views)

Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
JikanBaura:

Can you explain ?

I can only try and mostly speculation for the part without history

The 7 Hausa States prior to the Conquests of Uthman Dan Fodio AKA Banza Bakwai (7 bastards) where pagans whom the Invading Fulani Horde converted to Islam. In spite of this.. the Fulani's maintained a strict anti-co-mingling tradition with the Hausas. Politically they also ruled over the Northern Region up-till this present day.

Their girls are not only "fair-skinned and beautiful", their lineage is also perceived as royal coming with associated benefits of economic and political connections. There is also a complex of sorts in the Hausa Community that they are not as better-placed as the Fulani's

It therefore points to the assumption that marrying into a Fulani family is one that comes with pre-thought of the above considerations

That is as far as i can assume
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by whiteprince(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
Segzee1:

You are welcome. Please check your email. Thanks
sharp guy
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Fulaman198(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
crafteck:

Cos im not broke and my people dont kill in bulk and dozens

Every group of people is guilty at one point or another. Who said anything about Fulani people being broke? Fulani people don't flaunt their wealth, it's against our culture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Fulaman198(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

I can only try and mostly speculation for the part without history

The 7 Hausa States prior to the Conquests of Uthman Dan Fodio AKA Banza Bakwai (7 bastards) where pagans whom the Invading Fulani Horde converted to Islam. In spite of this.. the Fulani's maintained a strict anti-co-mingling tradition with the Hausas. Politically they also ruled over the Northern Region up-till this present day.

Their girls are not only "fair-skinned and beautiful", their lineage is also perceived as royal coming with associated benefits of economic and political connections. There is also a complex of sorts in the Hausa Community that they are not as better-placed as the Fulani's

It therefore points to the assumption that marrying into a Fulani family is one that comes with pre-thought of the above considerations

That is as far as i can assume

Incorrect information

The Hausa have been Muslims since the 1100s. At least know what you are talking about before posting.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Fulaman198(m): 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
Paretomaster:
Total junk journalism, How on earth will Seun allow his MODs push all sort-of articles to the front page without verification?

There is nowhere in Fulani land where they flog you to marry their daughter, sharo is a cultural practice like traditional wrestling, boxing etc.

Suitors might engage in sharo to prove a point, entertain or even settle scores, but it was never a prerequisite for you to marry a fulani lady.

Am so pissed, people need to read, and learn before spewing trash all over the place.. ..

That's how one mumu of a graduate claimed goats, rams cows, and other animals from the North are usually caught from the bush as they roam about freely ... Really!!!!

Seun, the MOD that pushed this to front page have to be punished for violating one of the rule....... "false information "

Exactly
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by SirBunky85(m): 1:47am On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by SirBunky85(m): 1:51am On Mar 16, 2018
Hemanwel:
What am I looking for in a Fulani lady that my beautiful Bini woman cannor give?? Is it love? Is it faithfulness?? Or is it sex?
My Bini wife rocks my world! If I were to do it all over again, I would choose my Bini wife.
Banky W can also testify to my submissions.
who asked u now?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by crafteck(m): 2:06am On Mar 16, 2018
Fulaman198:

Every group of people is guilty at one point or another. Who said anything about Fulani people being broke? Fulani people don't flaunt their wealth, it's against our culture.
I wish i could see things from your view but too many people are being killed, no culture or religion is worth a life
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Henri8: 7:06am On Mar 16, 2018
Fulaman198:

Fulani women do not herd cattle
Guy, a fula...is a fula.
They are all herds people.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 16, 2018
Fulaman198:

Incorrect information

The Hausa have been Muslims since the 1100s. At least know what you are talking about before posting.
I have been speculative from the start but since you did not bother to read my comments.. carry go
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Fulaman198:

Fulani sound like the Scandinavians of Africa!
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 3:35am On Mar 18, 2018
oxygenlove:
Then Your Offspring Will Nw Become Fulani Herdsmen

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Power of Nairaland: I'm a white foreigner from Finland, never been to Nigeria and knew next to nothing about Nigeria before I discovered Nairaland and I'm laughing at this remark after spending a few days of surfing here.

If you marry an urban Fulani lady, your offspring won't be herdsmen. Find one from Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Martin0(m): 6:25am On Mar 18, 2018
revontuli:

Power of Nairaland: I'm a white foreigner from Finland, never been to Nigeria and knew next to nothing about Nigeria before I discovered Nairaland and I'm laughing at this remark after spending a few days of surfing here.

If you marry an urban Fulani lady, your offspring won't be herdsmen. Find one from Lagos!

abeg u go need to learn our pidgin ogrin
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
Martin0:

abeg u go need to learn our pidgin ogrin

I can understand most of the written Pidgin, if there are words I don't know I look it up from wiktionary. No wahala!
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Martin0(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
revontuli:

I can understand most of the written Pidgin, if there are words I don't know I look it up from wiktionary. No wahala!

OK wikitonary go fail u ogrin

anyway how your side Na
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Fulaman198(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

I have been speculative from the start but since you did not bother to read my comments.. carry go

What do you mean, btw your picture is of a Touareg girl? Are you Kel Tamasheq, do you live currently in Zazzau (Zaria)? Did you attend ABU?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
Fulaman198:

What do you mean, btw your picture is of a Touareg girl? Are you Kel Tamasheq, do you live currently in Zazzau (Zaria)? Did you attend ABU?

Mai Gida.. I am surely not Touareg neither Hausa nor Fulani.. yes I "lived" in Zaria born in Wusasa Hospital, schooled in Ouagadougou. that is as far as my history on NL goes
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 12:34am On Mar 21, 2018
revontuli:

Fulani sound like the Scandinavians of Africa!

The Scandinavians of the old love to plunder, that was their only motive. So I don't think the Fulani fitted that comparison.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 12:37am On Mar 21, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

Why speculate in this era of information ?
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 12:56am On Mar 21, 2018
Baaballiyo:

The Scandinavians of the old love to plunder, that was their only motive. So I don't think the Fulani fitted that comparison.

I'm talking about the modern culture, not 1000 years ago.
Scandinavians don't show off wealth. They generally live below their means, or at lest don't spend money on stupid luxuries and baubles. They spend the money on things they love. An outdoor lover will spend 2000 Euros on mountain climbing gear, but use the same phone until it dies of old age.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2018
Baaballiyo:

Why speculate in this era of information ?

Because information has not become Intelligent Insight before i can be sure of what I am saying, I need to look at the data (structured or unstructured) and organized that into information from which i can analyze into intelligible insight. so far all I have is some history documented and oral largely unverifiable and mostly romanticized . but if you have got data, i am willing to have a look
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2018
revontuli:

I'm talking about the modern culture, not 1000 years ago.
Scandinavians don't show off wealth. They generally live below their means, or at lest don't spend money on stupid luxuries and baubles. They spend the money on things they love. An outdoor lover will spend 2000 Euros on mountain climbing gear, but use the same phone until it dies of old age.

I misunderstood your statement. No wonder they're (Modern Scandinavians) today rated as the Happiest people on Earth.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

Because information has not become Intelligent Insight before i can be sure of what I am saying, I need to look at the data (structured or unstructured) and organized that into information from which i can analyze into intelligible insight so far all I have is some history documented and oral largely unverifiable and mostly romanticized . but if you have got data, i am willing to have a look

@Bolded smiley

Here are some, hope you would find them useful.

http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/hasJohnston/ch01.html

http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/hasJohnston/toc.html

http://www.rusajans.com/government-in-kano-1350-1950-african-states-and-societies-in.pdf

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by namfav(m): 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
we are proud to be herdsman

oxygenlove:
Then Your Offspring Will Nw Become Fulani Herdsmen
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by namfav(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
not hate but envy from the man who sees himself inferior and powerless

xynerise:
Fulani seems to be the most hated tribe on the planet recently grin

I don't think the "Sharo" part applies to the Rich and Elites...

Are you saying Buhari was flogged before he married Aisha? undecided
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
namfav:
we are proud to be herdsman

There are very few Fulani here! You are the second I've seen so far.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by namfav(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
yes many people leave because the forum has much ignorance

on a matter of facti learn harshly and perhaps out of my ignorance the number of not fulani womens that have fulani hair styles, at first it was a big shock because these things are significant i brought it up on a different forum, these hair styles are id or passport which identify a woman origin and purity just to see them being used for fashion i won't say i am in favour, let me say when it comes to a certain fulani women, do not touch her hair as a saying goes

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
revontuli:

There are very few Fulani here! You are the second I've seen so far.

There are quite a number of Fulani here, but most are shy and choosy about what to comment on or respond to, besides the few that talk use to represent us well. And going by how abusive and bigoted some people in this forum tend to be towards Fulani in general we prefer to abide by the saying When impious men bear sway the post of honour becomes a private station.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by revontuli(f): 12:48am On Mar 26, 2018
Baaballiyo:

There are quite a number of Fulani here, but most are shy and choosy about what to comment on or respond to, besides the few that talk use to represent us well. And going by how abusive and bigoted some people in this forum tend to be towards Fulani in general we prefer to abide by the saying When impious men bear sway the post of honour becomes a private station.

Someone has to make a Fulani music thread!
There's a ton of info on Hausa culture but not enough on Fulani.
Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by Baaballiyo(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2018
revontuli:

Someone has to make a Fulani music thread!
There's a ton of info on Hausa culture but not enough on Fulani.

Fulaman198 has already made that thread, here's the link to it

https://www.nairaland.com/4418442/gimi-fulbe-fulani-music

Here's another thread about Fulani don't know whether you already came across it

https://www.nairaland.com/1829442/meet-most-beautiful-people-earth

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know by oxygenlove(m): 2:07am On Mar 28, 2018
revontuli:

Yeah! I've Never Come Across A Fulani Lady In Lagos, Nigeria Is A Good Country With Good People,just That The Few Bad Fellows Amidst Make Things Complicated,,thereby Portrating Nigeria Image As "bad",. I Love My Country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) / Nigerian Ladies Are Beautiful! (pictures) / Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.