Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,013 members, 7,814,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

How To Awaken Orisa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Awaken Orisa? (1769 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Worships Orisa Ososi At Ile Ife / Awaken The Mighty / Ibeji Orisa, Itan, Ebos (sacrifices) And Incantations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
first of all , this thread is not for superstition and mystical talk. it is simply for those who wanted to be empower thru orisa psychology without relationship to ritual fanaticism, divination and all sort of mystical activities .

Orisa live in you, so awakening the Orisa is about awakening yourself.

The key process of waking up orisa is Obatala. This is why it is said that he is the creator and the king of all orisa. He is not the king of "whiteness" as much as he is the king of light. He represents the light that awakens and that reveals. He represents your consciousness itself that you share with Olodumare.

To awaken the Orisa you must begin by understanding that you are Obatala: the light of creation. In IFA spirituality, this realization demands devoted spiritual work that entails meditation, daily ritual, dance, and especially veneration of iconographic images. Over time, this spiritual work will cause you to achieve full Obatala consciousness. You have now become the Creator Orisha and have the light you need to see thru darkness and can now begin the act of creation in your life.

The details of spiritual work are too elaborate for a short post (it requires a whole book). for those who are interested, i may forward the details to your email( not guaranteed, i just have to notice the spirit of commitment in you first).

1. You must own a painting/sculpture of Obatala and use it for focus during meditation twice daily. You can have the icon in your bedroom or living room, but it must not be hidden from guests visiting your house.

2. You must wear white beads (though it is a common formality, you don't need to get them in initiation). If you want to speed up the awakening, then you should wear all white whenever possible for at least 20 weeks (of course, this does not mean you have to do so at work if it is not functional). Again, ensure the eleke is purely traditional

3. You must study the various oriki of Obatala to learn who he is. He is pure, does not drink, etc.

4. In front of your altar, you must meditate for 20 minutes as soon as you wake up. In your meditation, you must imagine yourself as Obatala. Dressed as Obatala in all white. You must imagine yourself as Obatala as you handle all of your daily activities. It is essential that you don't THINK you are Obatala but that you SEE yourself as Obatala in your meditation via the icon. You must repeat the 20 minute meditation before your go to sleep. Thus, you will be doing a total of two 20 minute meditations daily.

5. After doing these meditations consistently for 1-2 years, you will ignite the Obatala consciousness. Overtime, you will awaken your Obatala consciousness and are ready to be king of Orisa. If He is convinced of your devotion to his life of purity, he will possess you and begin to live thru you. You will then inherit his divine powers to achieve success in your pure endeavors.

These very very basic steps of meditation can be used for cultivating each orisha in IFA Spirituality. Most people fail because they are not consistent or they do not focus on BEING the Orisa during their meditations. It takes practice and commitment to becoming orisha.

Orunmila wi eniyan ni dorisa.
Orunmila says human beings become orisa

from the book of obatala the Greatest and oldest divinity...olayinka adewuyi.... NOTE; THIS WORK has little input from me...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
many of us are called to become orisha, we don't know because we don't recognize the voice of Olodumare speaking thru the Egungun (our DNA). The voice of Olodumare is our consciousness. We all have that voice in us telling us the truth. It is not the second voice (the one that's always trying to rationalize vices, that is the animal brain's desires). It is the greater voice which needs not rationalize and validate because it exists in pure truth. This is the voice of Olodumare speaking thru the Egungun. They are calling you. Answer the call.
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
bumb
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by ogyunging(m): 1:35am On Apr 10, 2018
@ Vaxx

Hmm....

First off, what does Obatala look like? Can i trust what pic i get off google? How do i know its not like the fake or purported Jesus portrayed by the church.. Feel me?
Aint yoruba btw... How am i sure other entities won't get in when i am vulnerable.. Just being careful with the etheric realm..
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
ogyunging:
@ Vaxx

Hmm....

First off, what does Obatala look like? Can i trust what pic i get off google? How do i know its not like the fake or purported Jesus portrayed by the church.. Feel me?
Aint yoruba btw... How am i sure other entities won't get in when i am vulnerable.. Just being careful with the etheric realm..
There is no consensus image of any orisha and this does not exclude obatala, what are normally presented are the symbolical presentation of their image. in the case of obatala, his symbolical image are white cloth, white lace, white beads and cowries, white flowers, silver coins, white dove and silver jewelry. you can even cave an image of him base on knowledge you have about him.((ensure the image adequately symbolize three things such as peace, holiness and justice. He is honored with white hens, snails, white melon soup, pounded yams, and other white food such as eko. the fermented corn wrapped in plantain leaves known as agidi in igbo languuage .

1 Like

Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by OranmiyanOdede: 9:34am On Apr 29, 2018
it is simply for those who wanted to be empower thru orisa psychology without relationship to ritual fanaticism, divination and all sort of mystical activities .
You talk about ifá while rejecting Divination. Absurd

Or do you not believe in the original premise of the religion? Do you know who Orunmila is? Do you know what the Odu Ifá are?

I'm not trying to chase you away from Ifá or Towards the intellectual delusion that is Atheism, but I feel that somewhere in your reasoning you have erred
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by GodFreyinNORSE: 11:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Many things are just wrong here. I don't know where you get this idea of Ifa system but it is not from the source.

Orí ẹni ni Òrìṣà ẹni (One's Ori is his divinity)

Ori mi, Ẹlẹ́dàá mi (this implies that one Ori is our creator).

But these are contrary to your post where you said Obatala is one creator and every one Orisa.

You are even trying to absorb Ifa from spiritual system. Abeg
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
OranmiyanOdede:
You talk about ifá while rejecting Divination. Absurd

Or do you not believe in the original premise of the religion? Do you know who Orunmila is? Do you know what the Odu Ifá are?

I'm not trying to chase you away from Ifá or Towards the intellectual delusion that is Atheism, but I feel that somewhere in your reasoning you have erred

mind you i never rejected divination, check my thread i even talk about it. it just happen that i believe in much more philosophical approach to solve issue rather than going thru length of the mystical side, i know who is orunmila? he was born in oke igbeti in osun state and it is regarded as ibi ikeji olodumare, what else do you want me to say about him? i know what ifa too is? it is the template that comprise Yoruba philosophical thought, religious rituals and moral code of life.

Please i am not an atheist, and it is not a must we follow the same perspective of life. i found ifa practice more practical rather than superstition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:
Many things are just wrong here. I don't know where you get this idea of Ifa system but it is not from the source.

Orí ẹni ni Òrìṣà ẹni (One's Ori is his divinity)

Ori mi, Ẹlẹ́dàá mi (this implies that one Ori is our creator).

But these are contrary to your post where you said Obatala is one creator and every one Orisa.

You are even trying to absorb Ifa from spiritual system. Abeg
making claim without backing it with evidence is an error in itself.

this is my own evidence from the sacred odu ifa itself
the Odu Ifa: Ogbe Rosun

B'o ba se wipe ti Ifa
l'a ba ngbo,
A ba pe bi ara iwaju ti pe.
B'o ba se wipe ti
Orunmila l'a ba n to lehin,
A ba dagba bi
ara igbahun-igbahun.

"If we would listen
to the teachings of Ifa,
we would endure
like our ancestors endured.
If we follow the teachings of Orunmila
we would become reverred elders
like the ancients."
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by GodFreyinNORSE: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
vaxx:
making claim without backing it with evidence is an error in itself.

this is my own evidence from the sacred odu ifa itself
the Odu Ifa: Ogbe Rosun

B'o ba se wipe ti Ifa
l'a ba ngbo,
A ba pe bi ara iwaju ti pe.
B'o ba se wipe ti
Orunmila l'a ba n to lehin,
A ba dagba bi
ara igbahun-igbahun.

"If we would listen
to the teachings of Ifa,
we would endure
like our ancestors endured.
If we follow the teachings of Orunmila
we would become reverred elders
like the ancients."

And the verse you quoted said Ifa is not mystical or some form of divinations?

What is the meaning of Adia fun orogbo?
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
GodFreyinNORSE:

And the verse you quoted said Ifa is not mystical or some form of divinations?

What is the meaning of Adia fun orogbo?
The odu i quoted was not about ifa mystical but to support the write up. the purpose of the write up is how we can become orisa ourselves. and regarding the divination, when you study Ifa, lt will become pat of you. It will be your divine consciousness. When you are doing wrong it will be the part of your mind that you will argue with. When you are in trouble, it is the clarity that will gets you away from the trouble. IFA itself teaches us that , it is the wisdom giving to us from Olodumare . but when it yet to become pat of you , you will be asking other people how you can speak to your own ifa. To speak to the Ifa within is not a "conversation," but awareness that you have the wisdom of God living in you. That awareness (Orunmila) is the source of channeling Ifa, not a divination tray. The opon ifa (divination tray) you know is only a mandala and tool used to practice the memorization of the 256 books that make up the sacred oral scripture called the Odu Ifa. You are a cell in the body of Olodumaré and His wisdom (Orunmila), manifests in you. The Odu Ifa tells us that our destiny is to become Orunmila, the Wisdom giving by Olodumaré.

hope you understand what incantation means and its significance? bro it is different from prayer that seeks to request a favor as a lesser being
from one supernatural deity in heaven or somewhere. in incarnation, you are part of the Microcosm of olodumare. so your request is not limited to the external force alone but part of you.

1 Like

Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by GodFreyinNORSE: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
vaxx:
The odu i quoted was not about ifa mystical but to support the write up. the purpose of the write up is how we can become orisa ourselves. and regarding the divination, when you study Ifa, lt will become pat of you. It will be your divine consciousness. When you are doing wrong it will be the part of your mind that you will argue with. When you are in trouble, it is the clarity that will gets you away from the trouble. IFA itself teaches us that , it is the wisdom giving to us from Olodumare . but when it yet to become pat of you , you will be asking other people how you can speak to your own ifa. To speak to the Ifa within is not a "conversation," but awareness that you have the wisdom of God living in you. That awareness (Orunmila) is the source of channeling Ifa, not a divination tray. The opon ifa (divination tray) you know is only a mandala and tool used to practice the memorization of the 256 books that make up the sacred oral scripture called the Odu Ifa. You are a cell in the body of Olodumaré and His wisdom (Orunmila), manifests in you. The Odu Ifa tells us that our destiny is to become Orunmila, the Wisdom giving by Olodumaré.

hope you understand what incantation means and its significance? bro it is different from prayer that seeks to request a favor as a lesser being
from one supernatural deity in heaven or somewhere. in incarnation, you are part of the Microcosm of olodumare. so your request is not limited to the external force alone but part of you.

This guy sha.

I don't agree with most of your post but you are good to go here
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2018
@Vaxx

Nice one here.

I am no Nigerian and know nothing about Ifa. I do know however how to spot a 'man of knowledge' and I am pleased to read you.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by OriginalZombiE: 10:38am On May 17, 2019
vaxx:
There is no consensus image of any orisha and this does not exclude obatala, what are normally presented are the symbolical presentation of their image. in the case of obatala, his symbolical image are white cloth, white lace, white beads and cowries, white flowers, silver coins, white dove and silver jewelry. you can even cave an image of him base on knowledge you have about him.((ensure the image adequately symbolize three things such as peace, holiness and justice. He is honored with white hens, snails, white melon soup, pounded yams, and other white food such as eko. the fermented corn wrapped in plantain leaves known as agidi in igbo languuage .

Hello Vaxx,

very interesting write up.

Somehow, I have been drawn towards learning more about IFA and the Orishas.

You mentioned that those interested in awakening the obatala consciousness can request details to a book explaining more about it.

I am interested and will love to learn more.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Re: How To Awaken Orisa? by vaxx1: 10:05am On Apr 17, 2020
vaxx:
first of all , this thread is not for superstition and mystical talk. it is simply for those who wanted to be empower thru orisa psychology without relationship to ritual fanaticism, divination and all sort of mystical activities .

Orisa live in you, so awakening the Orisa is about awakening yourself.

The key process of waking up orisa is Obatala. This is why it is said that he is the creator and the king of all orisa. He is not the king of "whiteness" as much as he is the king of light. He represents the light that awakens and that reveals. He represents your consciousness itself that you share with Olodumare.

To awaken the Orisa you must begin by understanding that you are Obatala: the light of creation. In IFA spirituality, this realization demands devoted spiritual work that entails meditation, daily ritual, dance, and especially veneration of iconographic images. Over time, this spiritual work will cause you to achieve full Obatala consciousness. You have now become the Creator Orisha and have the light you need to see thru darkness and can now begin the act of creation in your life.

The details of spiritual work are too elaborate for a short post (it requires a whole book). for those who are interested, i may forward the details to your email( not guaranteed, i just have to notice the spirit of commitment in you first).

1. You must own a painting/sculpture of Obatala and use it for focus during meditation twice or more daily. You can have the icon in your bedroom or living room, but it must not be hidden from guests visiting your house.

2. You must wear white beads (though it is a common formality, you don't need to get them in initiation). If you want to speed up the awakening, then you should wear all white whenever possible for at least 20 weeks (of course, this does not mean you have to do so at work if it is not functional). Again, ensure the eleke is purely traditional

3. You must study the various oriki of Obatala to learn who he is. He is pure, does not drink, etc.

4. In front of your altar, you must meditate for 20 minutes as soon as you wake up. In your meditation, you must imagine yourself as Obatala. Dressed as Obatala in all white. You must imagine yourself as Obatala as you handle all of your daily activities. It is essential that you don't THINK you are Obatala but that you SEE yourself as Obatala in your meditation via the icon. You must repeat the 20 minute meditation before your go to sleep. Thus, you will be doing a total of two 20 minute meditations daily.

5. After doing these meditations consistently for 1-2 years, you will ignite the Obatala consciousness. Overtime, you will awaken your Obatala consciousness and are ready to be king of Orisa. If He is convinced of your devotion to his life of purity, he will possess you and begin to live thru you. You will then inherit his divine powers to achieve success in your pure endeavors.

These very very basic steps of meditation can be used for cultivating each orisha in IFA Spirituality. Most people fail because they are not consistent or they do not focus on BEING the Orisa during their meditations. It takes practice and commitment to becoming orisha.

Orunmila wi eniyan ni dorisa.
Orunmila says human beings become orisa

from the book of obatala the Greatest and oldest divinity...olayinka adewuyi.... NOTE; THIS WORK has little input from me...

(1) (Reply)

Atheists, Agnostic And Freethinkers Crib / Why Was Jesus Painted White And Satan Black? / Sultan’s Comment Inciting: CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.