Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (30477 Views)

Edo Modular Refinery In Pictures: A Product Of MOU / Aliko Dangote & Zainab Ahmed Visit The Oil Refinery In Lagos / PMB Infrastructure: Modular Refinery In Ogbele, Rivers State Almost Ready. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Gerrard59(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2018
Atouke:
St. Gabriel Coconut Oil Refinery Project, a major industrial investment by Akwa Ibom State Government through the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Sufficiency, comprises of a factory complex complete with administrative offices, production areas, technical spaces, industrial firefighting systems, water treatment plants, effluent treatment plants and residential quarters for technical and managerial staff as well as parking areas for tractors carrying raw materials.

The project is located in the serene environment of Ikot Akpan Okop village in Mkpat Enin Local Government Area on 7.88 hectares. The total construction area is 15,000 m2. The project was flagged off by His Excellency, Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel during a ground-breaking ceremony on May 24th, 2017 and is in progress on track for commissioning in 2018.

Project Duration
Start Date End Date Duration Status
March, 2017 October, 2018 20 Months On-going

This Refinery is constructed to process/harness the coconut palm which abounds naturally in the state, to boost availability of raw materials for the refinery, a whooping 2million fast yeilding hybrid coconut trees is currently being planted on an 11,000 hecter's of land at the St Gabriel plantation in a swampland spanning MKpat Enin and Eastern Obolo LGA in Akwa Ibom State
This when completed will be the largest coconut plantation in Africa, and the most ambitious coconut project in the world done in the last 10yrs. All this is an effort to prepare Akwa Ibom State, which is Nigeria highest crude oil producing State from over reliance on petroleum.

Nice one, been there before (both plantation and refinery). This is one project I hope it is completed. Probably the only meaningful thing he has done since he became the governor. grin

Hopefully, it works and does not close like the ISH, Itam. shocked
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by DerideGull(m): 10:43am On Mar 15, 2018
Indeed funny it takes one European for the dumbass Nigerians to understand the benefit in coconut plantation.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by vikeyz(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Kudos to this move, this is the first best thing I have seen to happen in my state
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2018
This is fantastic. Kudos to the government and people of Akwa Ibom. Growing infrastructure, industry quietly and effectively.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by ubs123(m): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
These people are serious. Atleast cow can't eat coconut tree.
Who told you, Bubu's cow eats everything including money grin
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Brainardc(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
I'm loving this already... .keep it up
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Brainardc(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
I'm loving this already... .keep it up
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Mulatta(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2018
Nice one from akwa ibom.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Kennydoc(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Atouke:
Price comparison: As at today. 3/14/18
5 gallons of coconut oil(38lb) = $57.99
42 gallons of crude oil (1 barrel) =$64.64.

Coconut oil capable of generating more revenue per gallon than crude oil. The minders of Akwa Ibom State Government are thinking right. Excellent project.

But coconut oil isn't consumed anywhere in the world daily as much as crude oil.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by kenny714433(m): 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
wow! can't wait to use the plantation site to act adventure movies.......... the likes of skull island... or Jack Sparrow"s kind of movies. even anaconda sef..... or Jurassic World. ya... ship ahoy.... Akwa ibom isongo! iya!
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
Atouke:
Price comparison: As at today. 3/14/18
5 gallons of coconut oil(38lb) = $57.99
42 gallons of crude oil (1 barrel) =$64.64.

Coconut oil capable of generating more revenue per gallon than crude oil. The minders of Akwa Ibom State Government are thinking right. Excellent project.

is it a private biz or govt biz
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by pally123: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
These people are serious. Atleast cow can't eat coconut tree.
Don't be too sure about those cows coming from up north. They can eat anything. I've seen their goats eat paper and cellophane
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by AdaFonju: 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Obolo Itiki !!!!!!
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by gabng(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
Conceptman:
you spoke my mind , must everything revolve around a white man in Nigeria?

Question una for ask be Na who they lead the world in coconut production & by products?

Ans:- Philippines
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by bendike: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
Willexmania:

Do We Export Crude Oil Or Petrol?
Crude Oil Of Course!
So why should he compare Petrol With Coconut Oil When We Are Exporting Refined Coconut Oil And Not Refined Crude Oil (petrol) ?
Very valid correction. Did not look at that way.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Atouke: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
bendike:

I beg to differ with you price analysis. Coconut oil is processed out of coconut, petrol is refined out of crude oil.
Therefore compare the price of coconut oil to that of petrol and not crude oil.
Okay going by your analysis :
5 gallons coconut oil = $57.99
5 gallons petrol (inUSA) $12.50@$2.50 per gallon.

Coconut is still king.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by bendike: 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Atouke:

Okay going by your analysis :
5 gallons coconut oil = $57.99
5 gallons petrol (inUSA) $12.50@$2.50 per gallon.

Coconut is still king.
I concur. grin
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Atouke: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Updates of the refinery construction as at 07/31/18.

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Atouke: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
I will keep posting updates on the 11,000 hectares coconut oil plantation and the refinery on this page.
if you have pictures of that project please feel free to post here.

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by rozayx5(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tight

1 Like

Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
sanandreas:
I am impressed. Sooner or later akwa ibom would compete with lagos.
Even at a higher level. The people are very progressive minded, friendly and peaceful. With good leaders just like their present governor their state will in no time become one of the richest in Nigeria. Finally the people are very politically aware. They know what they want. They have very vast arable land and numerous water channels.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by speedyGonzales: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
Atouke, Udom has not been very good at marketing his achievements and the people advising him are doing a poor job. In politics you can not underestimate the power of propaganda, especially positive propaganda, if you are achieving something, say it, get it out there, let the whole nation know.
That is where Akpabio beats him, I knew every project Akpabio was doing in Akwa Ibom, while I was living the UK. Those Documentaries, he use to do on YouTube, some where repetitive but he keep doing it, because, if you repeat something enough times people do indeed start to believe it. Then adverts on National TV and on Bill Boards.
If my view, udom is not a bad Governor given the situation in the country, he is definitely among the top 5 in the country at the moment, but he just is not a good politician, when it comes to things like this and may have a hard time returning for a second term, despite his potential under a better central government. Because the general public are not impressed by big English but results that is translated into the simplest form as possible.
Thank you for the pictures!
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Atouke: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
speedyGonzales:
Atouke, Udom has not been very good at marketing his achievements and the people advising him are doing a poor job. In politics you can not underestimate the power of propaganda, especially positive propaganda, if you are achieving something, say it, get it out there, let the whole nation know.
That is where Akpabio beats him, I knew every project Akpabio was doing in Akwa Ibom, while I was living the UK. Those Documentaries, he use to do on YouTube, some where repetitive but he keep doing it, because, if you repeat something enough times people do indeed start to believe it. Then adverts on National TV and on Bill Boards.
If my view, udom is not a bad Governor given the situation in the country, he is definitely among the top 5 in the country at the moment, but he just is not a good politician, when it comes to things like this and may have a hard time returning for a second term, despite his potential under a better central government. Because the general public are not impressed by big English but results that is translated into the simplest form as possible.
Thank you for the pictures!
I AGREE with you on the propaganda aspects, his media people can do better, they had something like the uncommon transformation series ,called superior performance tv. They did a few series and shut it down. I think udom may just be interested in local politics and not interested in going national and hence is not interested in building a national media profile like akpabio did. But he is doing well in the state interms of life changing project.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Freestyle23: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is impressive...I salute your courage sir.keep working.
Re: Construction Of St Gabriel Oil Refinery In Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Atouke: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Update on the construction. Dec 27, 2018.
Roofing of technical area of the refinery completed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Showing Me Urging Nigerians To Vote Buhari Doctored – Saraki / Orji Uzor-kalu: I Picked Abaribe From The Gutter / Court Okays Statutory Delegates To Vote In APC National Convention, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.