Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,040 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (33566 Views)

Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by digospel2: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
Romans 6:1 -2 "WHAT SHALL we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Proverbs 28:13 "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy"

It is forbidden to claim to be born again and continue committing sin. If you are born again, you must forsake sin and all acts of unrighteousness.
That is why Jesus said in Matthew 7: 21 -23 that on the last day, He will deny those that calls Him Lord, Lord yet are workers of iniquity(sinners).
If Pastor Chris message is true then it is contracdictory to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by ikemofepo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okay....enough said! I joined nairaland because of this topic. If you've never had your pastor preach grace till the point where you ask "Shall we then continue in sin?", then, trust me, your pastor hasn't preached grace the way Paul did. Our little minds can't fathom God's light, love and grace. We're quick to judge, don't understand grace, love and the works of eternal salvation and redemption. I believe every new christian should be placed on Hebrews and Romans for 1 year. It is sad some people still don't understand the simplest things Paul was trying to say here. Let the Holy Spirit do his work, but meditate on the following verses:

1Pet.1:5 "who are protected by the power of God through faith (saving) for a deliverance (Rapture) ready to be revealed in the last time."
The logical approach.
If salvation is by grace through faith, then works are ruled out either as a means of salvation or as a means for its security, Eph.2:8,9.
If the new birth constitutes us as "sons", then our failings cannot change who our "parents" are, Jn.1:12,13.
The a fortiori argument: since God did the most for us when we were His enemies, how will He do less (keep us saved) as sons, Rom.5: 9,10,15,17,20.
The positional truth approach.
Direct statement, Rom.8:1.
The love of God for the believer is equal to God's love for His natural Son, Rom.8:38,39; cp. Eph.1:58, especially vs.6.
We already share Christ's resurrection, Eph.2:6.
The head cannot repudiate members of the body and continue to have a complete body, 1Cor.12: 13,21.
The family approach, Gal.3:26 "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus"; cp. Jn.3.
The Greek tense approach, Act.16:31 "Believe (aor.act.imper.) in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved (fut.pass.ind.)."
The typological approach.
Noah's ark, 1Pet.3:20,21.
The Red Sea crossing, 1Cor.10:1,2.
The breastplate attached to the ephod, Ex.28:22-28 (emphasizes security via the elaborate procedure for tying the uniform together: gold rings, chains, and a blue cord).
The approach from Christ's current ministry, seated at the right hand of God, to believers.
Mediatorship implies a go-between and is based on the Cross, Gal.3:20; 1Tim.2:5 (He represents both parties and, being perfect, He secures a settlement equally suitable to both parties); Heb.8:6; 9:15; 12:24.
He is our advocate with the Father, 1Jn.2:2; cp. Rev.2:10 (Satan is unsuccessful).
His intercessory work covers us for Phase 2 sins, Rom.8:31-34; Heb.7:2325; Lk.22:31-34 (for Peter).
The experiential approach, 2Tim.2:12,13.
We can deny Him in reversionism, but He cannot deny us salvation, since He cannot go back on a promise, vs.13.
He can deny us surpassing grace blessings in Phase 3 (SG3), vs.12.
The ministry of the Holy Spirit approach.
Regeneration, 1Pet.1:22-25. We are born of incorruptible seed (the gospel), not corruptible, therefore we cannot die, Jn.11:26b.
Indwelling, Rom.8:9; 1Jn.2:27. This is down payment or earnest on our resurrection body, 2Cor.1:22.
Baptism, see point II.
Sealing, 2Cor.1:21,22; Eph.1:13,14; 4:30. We are sealed with respect to the day of redemption.
The essence of God approach.
Sovereignty, 2Pet.3:9 "not willing..."; Eph1:58; cp. Rom.8:2830.
Love, Rom.8:38,39; Jn.3:16.
Immutability, 2Tim.2:13; cp. Jn.3:16; 5:24; 6:37; 10:28.
Veracity cannot lie, Ti.1:2.
Omnipotence, Jn.10:28; 6:39; 1Pet.1:5; Jd.1 "To those who are the called, beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ."
Omniscience, Act.15:8. God is called o` kardiognw,sthj, ho kardiognostes; He "knows the heart" with respect to Cornelius and his household's conversion, cp.Jn.10:14.
Omnipresence, Ps.139, the example of Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch.
Righteousness, the doctrine of imputation, which is forensic and irreversible, Rom.4:38; cp. Ps.32:2.
Eternal Life, Jn.3:15,16; 4:13,14 "Jesus answered and said to her, 'Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of living water springing up to eternal life'"; Jn.5:24,39; 6:39,40,47,54; 10:28; 17:2,3.
Justice. Christ died for all sins for all people, 1Jn.2:2.
Problem passages can be explained due to a confusion of Phase 2 and Phase 3 grace with Phase 1, Jn15:6; Gal.5:4; Rev.22:19.
Christ's prayer for eternal security of the royal family presents an area of His intercessory work, Jn.17:2,6,9,11,12,24. He prays for us and this is one of the things He prays for. Jd.24,25 "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling (reversionism), and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
Soteriological (salvation) approach.
Since all sins were judged at the Cross, sins cannot undo our salvation, Ps.103:12; Isa.1:18; cp. Isa.53.
Since Old Testament saints had righteousness (+R) by faith (Gen.15:6; cp. Rom.4:3), their unbelief was not imputed to Him (Ps.32:2; cp. Rom.4:68).
Belief in Christ was the basis for salvation, Gen.15:6; Isa.28:16; Jn.3:5; 1Pet.2:6.
"And all who take refuge in Him will not be ashamed", Ps.34:22.
The believer himself can do nothing to negate the salvation adjustment to the justice of God, Rom.8:39 "nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by amecsuleman(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mudley313:

arrogant/ignorant azz christians. u see why alot of people are against the poison of religiosity due to such arrogant azz sense of self entitlement. the jews think they're the chosen one n yahweh entitled dem to sum piece of land thus they got the right to kill n destroy just to fulfill yahweh's promises n all dat bullsh.t. the islamic terrorist believes allah has entitled em to spread islam even by force n kill all infidels in the process. everyone thinks their god has prepared a place for dem in sum mansion filled, gold paved road city. they say its not a physical but a spiritual place; but it still got material/physical things like mansions n gold paved roads n 4 sum, a bunch of virgins to despoil. the christian fundamentalist here in america will murder n bomb abortion clinics for his god.

now, here u are claiming even if u do wrong u're not a sinner cos u're covered by the stupid doctrines surrounding ur man-invented religion. so, if u go massacre a bunch of people or even if u were hitler, u got the excuse dat ur not a sinner from ur wrong becos u got automatic immunity from ur stupid religion. u are born into righteousness n dont got to do any good deed no more; live dat for others.

*shake my head* Religion is surely a cancer to the world

This argument can go on for years in the normal circle of equivocations that organised religion has built to safeguard itself.

a word is enough for the fool and the wise.

i beleive that it is still a gift either to succumb to some simple delusional indulgences or choose to break off and maintain your humanism.

it takes a super brain to fathom the latter because i know the power of brain washing philosophies over the minds of simpletons.

life is too short for man.
the time and resourses required to grasp valuable knowledge of how stuff work in this planet evokes enough palpable fears in us to want to resign 80% of its human population into the vermins the progenitors of this unreasonable philosophies wanted.

but everything is either as a result of the choices we make or our ability to discover and seize the gift of chance-opportunity nature offers.

many of us still beleives they were the intended offspring the sperm and eggs of their parents wanted to reproduce. but they dont ask why they were not billionaires before their loving parents got them here.

we are republicans and democrats who still are looking forward to being ruled by a jealous despot in an certain everlasting kingdom that stretches into some infinite eternity.

outdated and ancient utopia of a very unreasonable generation of shallow thinkers.

while roman catholicism was busy building this delusion 2000 years ago, the world was clandestinely being populated by men and women who will grow to be very affectionate against the use of nature to persons of their same genders.

ravenous nuns and priests hooded in cloaks who in the name of their illogical experiment thought that public show of celibacy will convince humans beyond doubt of the very divine nature of their enterprice ended up in 2013 to reveal how the whole western world and its civilisation rather than turning into some paradise only debased into sodomy where a man will publicly say i do i do to his fellow man while the lonely and single mother of the child they would adopt tomorrow looks on without knowing it.

oh yes. roman catholicism and or organised religion are responsible for the spread of gayism.

2000 years of of delusion and irrationality. man, the people of this planet must be really dumb asses.

an adage in ibo says that a person who is incapable of determining where the rain started beating him or her can not be able also to determine when the rain will stop beating him or her.

hello earth people with your philosophy of a meddlesome and partial god who empowers his followers and strengthens the right arm of his people
(i wonder what or whose people the other people are) to destroy their enemies is enough an absordity. even an unknown thief or murder to the public praises him for concealment favors. pathetic.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Patrina116: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
When a person becomes born again their nature change, we have God's nature. When we were born in sin we had the devils nature and we sinned just like he sinned and it didn't matter how much good we did, we were still sinners that sin. Well when you give your life to God you have his nature, a nature without sin, you can't sin anymore because he lives in you and there is no sin in him and if he be in you, there is no sin in you because he destroyed sin once and for all, and you are pure just like he is pure; thats having fellowship with him because you are now the same. Remember sin is darkness and no sin is light, so if you still in saying you sin, you are still in darkness and there is no fellowship between you and God. 1john 3:1-9 tells you all about the clear difference of who you belong to. It says in 1john 3:8 whoever sins belongs to the devil and Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil which was sin.Think about this, right or wrong things is not sin, sin is a nature that you were born with, but when you confessed your sins he forgave you, and you became a new creature, old things have passed away and now you are a new person; and a new person is not the same, if you can still sin after being born again then what did he take away, don't you know that his blood is so powerful that you don't have to worry about sinning because it has been destroyed, he took it away . When God do something, he do it right he don't have do it. We just have to believe that we are pure just like he is pure; he already said he took sin away once and for all, but no one believes that because they are too busy looking at the wrong things they do and they think that they are sinning again, you do right and wrong things weither you born again or not, but the difference is you dont want to continue doing wrong just because its not named sin anymore, why? Because you have God's nature. Before you had Christ you were a sinner no matter what good or bad thing you did, well we have to believe now that we are born again that we are righteous, holy, and without fault and without sin in his eyes.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by analice107: 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
petres007:

The bishop of the church at Jerusalem, James, writing to Christians, called them sinners -

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:cool

A friend gisted me that he once heard Pastor Chris say on TV that the first thing he was going to ask James when he gets to heaven will be why he called Christians sinners angry (of course, rhetorically).

I no fit laff  cheesy grin grin grin

Seriously,

I think there's some point in what pastor Chris said here, if what he understands by the word "sinner" is someone who's given over to sin and does not know Christ at all. james on the other hand simply obviously understood "sinner" to mean anyone who sins, whether unbelievers (as its their nature) or believers (though they're not supposed to).

Just my thoughts.  .  .
I Concur with your line of thought.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by analice107: 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ogaga4Luv:
[size=13pt]I have always known that Christianity is a very bad idea gone wrong. . . .what an interesting thread!?! . A born twice Christian is not a sinner even if he or she sins . don't you think you can tell that to 1 year old child and give you a dirty slap?.

Don't be deceived. . .we can't do without sin as human being. anyone trying to avoid sin is avoiding himself . Sinning isn't a crime or any offense as it makes us feel alright and comfortable . we should learn to be a sinner and Sin with all boldness. . . .i hate it when religious people are pretending and still we are all in the same guter.
[/size]
How old are you?
How can a bad thing go wrong? because you are deep in sin doesn't mean we can't live without sin. If you can't live without sin, speak for ur self. Many are living without it. God won't ask you to do what is beyond you.
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
■ I heard a sermon by Pastor Chris some time back, but i cant transcribe everything i heard but the main part i picked was when he talked about Born again christians and sin - that it is not in the nature of a born again christian to sin. Since he has put on the nature of Christ, he is not a sinner, and even if he sins, he is still not a sinner because he is born again. A cec member confirmed it too. Really? Is that what the word of God says?
1. Your pastor christ is a liar! A born-again is simply one who has been born of water and born of the Spirit of Eternal life. Every one of those who will make it into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to eternal damnation are also born-again and have eternal life through the same Spirit of Eternal life even though their end will likely be in eternal damnation. And if you pay close attention to what Jesus Christ taught of what it means to be born-again in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21, you will find that Jesus Christ mentions nothing of the sin-status of those who are born-again nor does He suggest such a status a changed during or by the process itself. undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2023
frebike:
■ If a born again or a child of God who is liberated from the adamic nature of sin by the death and ressurection of our lord jesus,commits sin,at that point he is a sinner(1 john 3:8-9,1 john 5:7,rom 6:1,14).i.e sin is a verb,it is the act disobedient unto God.sinner on the other hand,is a noun,it is the name of the person who commit sin.automatically,that person becomes a sinner(ezekiel 33:13).but if will confess and denounce such sin,he will be forgive(ezekiel 33:19).understand that he that continues in sin without an absolute repentance,will end up in hell fire no matter who he or she is in the house of God(john 3:3)or in the world.add me on facebook:azubuike geoffrey
1. When a person is born again, his previous sins are not wiped away nor is his guilt taken away from him. All that Jesus Christ takes away is the curse of Death which God placed upon the sinners - John 3 vs 16 - and nothing else. So, a born-again, previously a sinner remains a sinner until he then, through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ comes to know the Truth of God and is then set free by the Truth of God, a process that takes years, according to the parable of the useless fig tree and the gardner told by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkiee: 4:39pm On May 15, 2023
petres007:
■ The bishop of the church at Jerusalem, James, writing to Christians, called them sinners -Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:cool
A friend gisted me that he once heard Pastor Chris say on TV that the first thing he was going to ask James when he gets to heaven will be why he called Christians sinners angry (of course, rhetorically). I no fit laff  cheesy grin grin grin Seriously, I think there's some point in what pastor Chris said here, if what he understands by the word "sinner" is someone who's given over to sin and does not know Christ at all. james on the other hand simply obviously understood "sinner" to mean anyone who sins, whether unbelievers (as its their nature) or believers (though they're not supposed to). Just my thoughts.  .  .
But a born-again is merely a sinner who has entered into the Kingdom of God— this sinner believes in Jesus Christ and is hence saved from the condemnation of sin as a result, even with his sin-debt intact and yet to be paid off. undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:48pm On May 15, 2023
Another false preaching
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkie: 1:56am On May 23, 2023
Joagbaje:
■ To be a sinner is a nature. To be righteous is a nature too.
■ A born again is a man who has recieve the nature of God. He is not just a righteous man , he has become the essence of righteousness itself. If he makes a mistake commting a sin, that has not changed his nature from righteousness . When a Christian does something wrong , he will feel bad and repent. His fault cannot take away his nature of righteousnes because it's a gift . We didn't earn it by good works. He is not a sinner. Paul would never call a Christian a sinner. The only person that will do that is non other but MIGHTY JAMES.
The sinners are the people who have not been born again. A man is not a sinner because of what he did wrong . He was born into it through Adam. We are born into righteousnes and not by our good deed.
1. Rather, sin is a choice. undecided

2. A born-again is a sinner who has qualified to enter into the Kingdom of God; That is what Jesus Christ said in John 3 vs 1 - 21. He remains a sinner even after being born-again and can only cease to be one if he walks in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On May 27, 2023
Kay17:
nice theology of rubbish. Even the grand masters, ie Paul and James get it confused. another bible reference says human righteous is as worthless as a piece of rag, how come its still a yardstick? sin, sin. the contents change regularly, revenge-killings were not considered sins in the OT, but today, its otherwise. slavery wasn't, now it is. with this ever changing standards, how can one keep up.
Are you confused or something? undecided
Re: A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) by Kobojunkiee: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
yehmi01:
■ Sin is a nature. Jesus died for the nature called sin. Not for smokers or thieves or people that kill, e.t.c thats y there is notin like big or small sin once you are saved you no longer  carry the nature called sin. If any man be in christ he his a new creation. Right there a believer cannot  sin thats y the bible says >>when he falls he will rise when he ask for forgiveness But a sinner can not pray for forgiveness, once the nature of sin is still present.  But believers when they fall the blood of Jesus  cries out on there behalf Am sure thats its cos of pple like you Elder John addressed you as MY LITTLE CHILDREN. nepils (babes) who no notin about the wordSo please pick your bible and Study To show your self Approved.
Sin is not a nature but a choice. And Abel is the perfect example of this. He was directly descended from Adam and had the curse that was Adam on his person but he, Abel, chose a different path from that of his father, Adam, and was approved righteous by God for it. undecided

The moment you correct this very error in belief, the moment you start to see the other lies you have also been holding onto. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Yemi Davids Shares How He Abandoned Uk-based Girlfriend To Marry His Wife / N100,000 For Deliverance Fee: Please Advice Us Urgently / Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge Featured On CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.