Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) (66926 Views)

Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce / Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by UnchangeableGod: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
Come over for a special SUNDAY OF SUPERNATURAL DOMINION with Pastor W F Kumuyi. Date: Sunday, 18th March, 2018. Time: 8.00 am. Venue: IBTC, Ayobo, Ipaja, Lagos. Expect great things.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Apina:
Celibacy is not a law in the church but a discipline and thats why Jesus said in Matthew " For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”(Matt 19:12). The priesthood falls into the third category, every man of his own accord puts himself forward and takes an oath before God. I bet if he was a priest to one of these gods, and after taking an oath chooses to go back on his word, he would be dead by now and thats why Jesus said;
61 "Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:61-62).

I have nothing against him but a promise is a promise and he knew what it was all about before putting himself forward for ordination, nobody put a gun to his head undecided
Please and please do not quote the scriptures out of context,those eunuchs Christ was referring to in Matt 19:12 are the singles ones that couldn't marry beacuse they were immature for marriage. BTW that passage was talking about divorce not celibacy.
For a clearer understanding lets use Message translation ;Jesus said, “Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn’t for everyone. Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked—or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you’re capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it.”
Matthew 19:11‭-‬12 MSG
carefully note the last part, if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it. that means when you come up to maturity stage; where you handle all issues about marriage then get married. To prove that to u rewind to verse 5&6, He said the creator of man, as in producer or owner of man in his original plan (blue print) made one man, one woman therefore every man should marry.
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Matthew 19:4‭-‬5 KJV
Now this father and mother here is same as the family you quoted in Luke 9:61&62, leaving them here is not the same as abandoning family but not allowing them to dictate your actions, which also talks about maturity. The young man that wants to follow Jesus (not as a priest ) was going to seek for consent from his family and that is a sign of immaturity. that's why Jesus cautioned him against procrastination in making up his mind knowing that his family plays a part in his making up his mind.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Kolanist(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
1CORINTHIANS7:9-"but if they cannot contain(i.e if they cant hold the sexual passions& choose to not remain eunuch\celibate any longer) let them marry(even if it means breaking an oath): for it is better to marry than to burn."
This is what the bible says with my little explanation in bracket as the Holy Spirit leads me. If u are an eunuch\celibate and u have sexual desires, get married. This scripture supports u.it is better to break the vow than to have sexual fellings
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Apina(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Wiseman5:

Please and please do not quote the scriptures out of context,those eunuchs Christ was referring to in Matt 19:12 are the singles ones that couldn't marry beacuse they were immature for marriage. BTW that passage was talking about divorce not celibacy.
For a clearer understanding lets use Message translation ;Jesus said, “Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn’t for everyone. Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked—or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you’re capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it.”

carefully note the last part, if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it. that means when you come up to maturity stage; where you handle all issues about marriage then get married. To prove that to u rewind to verse 5&6, He said the creator of man, as in producer or owner of man in his original plan (blue print) made one man, one woman therefore every man should marry.
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Now this father and mother here is same as the family you quoted in Luke 9:61&62, leaving them here is not the same as abandoning family but not allowing them to dictate your actions, which also talks about maturity. The young man that wants to follow Jesus (not as a priest ) was going to seek for consent from his family and that is a sign of immaturity. that's why Jesus cautioned him against procrastination in making up his mind knowing that his family plays a part in his making up his mind.
Points are based on the bolded
1. Do u know who a Eunuch is?
2. WTF is message translation? Translated by whom and from which of the original or ancient texts?
3. Totally out of context cos this isnt about marriage.
4. Kindergaten interpretation. He saod he was going to say his goodbyes not going to seek thrir consent, read it again i never said he was to abandon them.
If u are in doubt as to what i am aiming at ask
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Apina(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Wiseman5:

2. WTF is message translation? Translated by whom and from which of the original or ancient texts?
4. Kindergaten interpretation. He saod he was going to say his goodbyes not going to seek thrir consent, read it again i never said he was to abandon them.
If u are in doubt as to what i am aiming at ask undecided
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Apina(m): 1:59pm On Mar 16, 2018
Wiseman5:

4. Kindergaten interpretation. He said he was going to say his goodbyes not going to seek their consent, read it again, i never said he wanted to abandon them.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2018
Wiseman5:

Now this is totally out of context. Jesus is talking about Eunuchs not imature marriage. U r trying to twist scriptures.
Jesus meant that its okay not to marry if u can bear it
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=shadeyinka post=65878521]
You think people are ignorant of the catholic faith.
Once a Pope its till death.
A Pope swears at his installation doesn't he?

Its like you saying an African king goes on retirement![/quotle]
After Election the Elect is asked if he accepts the position. If he says yes he becomes Pope. If he refuses the Conclave continues. There is no oath
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=Dnaz post=65891471][/quote]
A pope is supposed to be the vicar of Christ. He is more like the apostles of our time:

Do apostles retire?
The only apostle I know that didn't die as one is probably Judas
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Apina:

Benedict only resigned from his office as the pope, he did not leave the priesthood.
Father Patrick did not leave Christianity.

Are only catholics the children of God?
Are only catholics going to Heaven?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
Dnaz:

Pope Benedict was not under oath to remain pope
Interestingly, you do not know whatever his conversation with God is on this issue.

Do you sincerely think Father Patrick has abandoned Jesus?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:
...to forsake EVERYTHING!
That is why they don't stay with their families after when they become a priest
again
did not say they must be priests forever
forsake while a priest
not be a priest forever abi you no sabi english again
where you from maybe i fit translate in your village language
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 7:01am On Mar 17, 2018
shadeyinka:

Interestingly, you do not know whatever his conversation with God is on this issue.

Do you sincerely think Father Patrick has abandoned Jesus?
Who said he has abandoned Jesus. I only said he broke his oath. The oath of Celibacy and now he is taking another oath of fidelity
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

Who said he has abandoned Jesus. I only said he broke his oath. The oath of Celibacy and now he is taking another oath of fidelity
OK. Then we are on the same page.

His vow of celebacy was to the Catholic church
His vow of fidelity to his spouse
His vow of Faithfulness to God

The most important thing is for Father Patrick to serve God in faithfulness and purity.

And us too o!
What profits a man who gains the whole world but looses his soul.

Shalom
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2018
shadeyinka:

OK. Then we are on the same page.

His vow of celebacy was to the Catholic church
His vow of fidelity to his spouse
His vow of Faithfulness to God

The most important thing is for Father Patrick to serve God in faithfulness and purity.

And us too o!
What profits a man who gains the whole world but looses his
soul.

Shalom
Well u didn't take the vow for him and definitely don't get to choose whoose name he vowed to. He is a Catholic that knows the Catechism and he knows he made a vow to God period
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

Well u didn't take the vow for him and definitely don't get to choose whoose name he vowed to. He is a Catholic that knows the Catechism and he knows he made a vow to God period

Maybe he realized that it was a vow made in ignorance and error.

Can I as a person reascend on a vow I made to make ALL my children celebate to God?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2018
shadeyinka:

Can I as a person reascend on a vow I made to make ALL my children celebate to God?
U can't make such a vow on behalf of ur children. Let them make the vow themselves when they come of age
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2018
shadeyinka:

Fr Patrick wasn't a child when he took the oath of celibacy. He wasn't below 25 and was probably older than you when he took the vow. So I don't see a reason for this paediatric analogy
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

Fr Patrick wasn't a child when he took the oath of celibacy. He wasn't below 25 and was probably older than you when he took the vow. So I don't see a reason for this paediatric analogy

Some vows are made in Scriptural Error...it isn't perpetually binding.

If ignorantly, you got married to a transgender partner, is the marriage still binding after you made your discovery?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

U can't make such a vow on behalf of ur children. Let them make the vow themselves when they come of age

Of course one shouldn't make such vow on behalf of ones children. However, suppose I was looking at the biblical case of Hanna vowing on behalf of Samuel and I went ahead to do for my children as stated above.

Should I be bound by the vow even though I did it in good faith?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

And maybe he is no more Catholic: is he still bound?

Is he still Catholic?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

Now this is totally out of context. Jesus is talking about Eunuchs not imature marriage. U r trying to twist scriptures.
Jesus meant that its okay not to marry if u can bear it
when your mind is twisted everything that doesn't model after it will seem twisted to you. you better educate ur mind with bible classes for you to live.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
Apina:

4. Kindergaten interpretation. He said he was going to say his goodbyes not going to seek their consent, read it again, i never said he wanted to abandon them.
PROVERB 26:4 MOOD
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
shadeyinka:

And maybe he is no more Catholic: is he still bound?

Is he still Catholic?
Did he tell u he left the Catholic Church?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Dnaz(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
Wiseman5:

when your mind is twisted everything that doesn't model after it will seem twisted to you. you better educate ur mind with bible classes for you to live.

Continue twisting scriptures. U can't deceive everyone
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lenadiva:
This kind man fit carry big dick like horse .
Flesh and blood revealed that to u? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Dnaz:

Did he tell u he left the Catholic Church?
Who solemnized his marriage?
The Catholic church?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Apina(m): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
Wiseman5:

PROVERB 26:4 MOOD
And u just made known how useless and brain dead u are. U sent a reply which reads "do not answer a fool" with ur resonse being an answer in itself, where did u even go to school? Cos a goat would have fared far better if it had just 1% of the supposed education u acquired

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.