Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Atheists Are Fools - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Fools (1607 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree / If You Have Any Question On Why The Bible Say Atheists Are Fools, Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are Fools by OkaiCorne(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
Dear OP... I have learnt the hard way that...bringing people to the reality of God's love cannot in anyway be achieved through exchange of insults...

There are more refined and persuasive ways to pass your message across without having to call people fools for the choice(s) they've made.

What are the chances that if you had gone through what they went through...you wouldn't also conclude on the non-existence of God?

People are going through a lot...and the best you can do is to show some loving kindness...

No one will say NO to sincere and unconditional love... and if God is love (which I am sure you believe He is)...then no man can deny His existence...

In summary, show LOVE...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Fools by OkaiCorne(m): 2:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:

I apologize for making you and other Christians angry in the instances when I could have gotten my points across without making you angry.

Funny enough, you are showing the Christians how to turn the other cheek just as Jesus instructed His followers to...

Very mature response from you. I am deeply impressed...

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Fools by superhumanist(m): 5:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:

Yes, I revived it. I’ll have to find out why it was removed.

What a shame
Re: Atheists Are Fools by butterflylion: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
superhumanist:

What a shame

Why the shame? Seun sees no reason why the thread should be taken down. I don't see you demanding for threads where God and Christians are being insulted daily to be taken down and here you are saying "what a shame" when same treatment is served to you and the thread is still up especially when seun a Co atheist sees no reason for it to be taken down.

What a huge chunk of hypocrisy from you. wink
Re: Atheists Are Fools by kevoh(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Life is a choice. If you choose to be atheist no problem provided you don't force your view on people's throat or condemn other person's believe. If you choose to be a pagan,Muslim , Christian and among others, so be it. There is no need convincing people on the existence of God since many are doomed already. Dear op there is no need calling atheist fool because many have made up their mind to be so
1. The Christians who wake me up at 5 a.m everyday with their megaphones to preach beg to disagree.
2. The Christians who preach in El-rufai buses anytime I board one beg to disagree.
3. The Christians who insist every office meetings must start with prayer beg to disagree.
4. The Christians who come knocking on my door every Sunday despite me telling them politely that I am not interested disagree.

Christians have Master's degree in forcing their views down people's throat and condemning other beliefs while pretending not to be a nuisance.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Fools by infofta(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2018
Everything you see around you is made by somebody and if is so ask yourself who made me.

Until someone tell me the name of the scientist that made man or designed the reproductive system of human beings and animals I will forever believe there is God.

The thing that made man is much more powerful than man and does not obey the law of physics or chemistry and that thing is called God.

The most intelligent and power thing in the universe does not use that substance called brain.
Re: Atheists Are Fools by johnhood(m): 1:41am On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=Fegelfire post=65876103]Do not be afraid of text-walls, folks. Text-walls online are what loudmouthed bellowers are in a debate in real life - they try to overwhelm you with voice or information so that you will lack the preparedness to poke holes in their arguments. This is no different, a loudmouth defending his belief in god based on pre-conceived rhetorical notions. I will now proceed to dismantle his post.

Come now, class, let's use reason and deduction to break down this overwhelming Christian rant piece by piece. Yosh!:

Correct. The planets, their solar systems, the galaxies and ourselves are the result of a 17 billion year long set of physical and chemical reactions, beginning from the big bang. There are numerous theories in modern physics and cosmology as to the spark or what came before the creation of the universe, all of which involve high-level scientific and mathematical concepts, such as general relativity, and none of the credible ones involve a sentient superbeing.

Indeed, I could ask you the same question about god. If the universe had to have "come from someone", then where did that "someone" come from? Where did god come from? Was there a mommy god and a daddy god? If god just "happened" or god is "eternal", why can we not apply this same logic to the universe?

And overwhelmingly, how would this divine superbeing have any connection to the god of the Bible or the god of the Quran, who is most surely a matter of myth and fable and not of reality?

That's part of it, yes.

Ad Hominem.

Yes, as there is no scientific evidence for any special realm that people suddenly wisp away to after they perish, and there never will be because heaven and hell do not exist!

Here you are presupposing that a maker exists at all, and that we are "more intelligent" than it (Does god have a brain? a nervous system? Some similar data network?). That makes you the fool here, my friend. I will again invoke Karl Marx, founder of Communism, who says "If people are to know and understand the real world, they must give up superstitious beliefs because they have a narcotic effect on the mind." Your belief in god is drugging your mind to the point where you cannot differentiate his existence from the scenarios of critics in which he cannot exist.

Note that the entirety of the rest of your argument rests on the assumption that god is absolutely real, and simply focuses on atheists "going astray" for personal reasons as opposed to tackling their real criticisms of your faith and of the existence of a god. This is a dishonest argument.

You think you can read the minds of people now? Letalone the minds of the majority of the hundreds of millions of atheists on the planet? Now who's being 'foolish'?

We don't know god exists. That's why we're atheists, duh!

This was the impetus for some atheists in ancient times, such as the ancient Icelandic Viking Hrafnkel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrafnkels_saga.
But the criticisms of the existence of a god stem from far more than that, including a lack of evidence, more reasonable explanations and heavy skepticism regarding the creation of the universe, as well as the concept of a "being" with a "mind" who can "shape" the universe - god - being a human-centric idea, trying to explain the wonders of the cosmos using human activity and characteristics, and does not reflect the real functions of the universe as has been observed by countless cosmologists and physicists. And also the arbitrarisms of religious beliefs and laws in Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, etc. which have NO proof of their legitimacy and who's followers (Christians, Muslims, etc. especially Muslims recently) violent, nasty tendency to bully and force these beliefs upon others.

This is no longer an argument. It's just you running with your disingenuous claim that atheists are really god-worshippers (Christians?) who hide their faith, and throwing more ad hominem insults.

If anything, studies claim that people who go through traumatic experiences are more likely to be religious, as can be seen by the strong connection between atheist/irreligious countries, high standards of living and high education (with the exception of China, which is very different from place to place).

Again, at this point you're just mouthbreathing. You haven't put forward any other arguments for your god's existence and are simply ranting about the same two dot-points:

I don't judge u being an atheist but let me tell you something what ever u see happening have both the surface and the deep. What u normally see is surface. You don't actually know what is behind science.PLEASE DON'T LET SCIENCE FOOL YOU BECAUSE IT OBVIOUS THAT SCIENCE HAS BECOME UR RELIGION. ME MYSELF I AM SOMETIMES CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE .

In conclusion, you have not provided any evidence whatsoever for the existence of a god, and in fact have not even attempted to hypothesize a scenario in which a god cannot exist,
Re: Atheists Are Fools by Iamhappiness(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Mr Seun, thanks for reviving this thread. But I'd like to ask a favor from you. See, if you think this write-up might incite violence or aggression among the members of this forum, please do not hesitate to bring it down. You do not have to apologise for anything because you have the right to say anything so far it's not a crime under the laws of this great nation. I also said all I had to say, no regret. One of the greatest power GOD gave to man is the 'freedom to choose.'

To those who think am insensitive, that's a lie. I respect other people's feelings. And I admire their courage in defending what they believe is right. Listen, am not trying to force my religion on anyone. It's not as if am pointing a gun at your head. No. I admit that am hiding behind my phone and saying all these things. Yes, because am a soft-spoken and gentle person. I do not like arguements especially when it comes to religion. That's why I salute you guys for your maturity and the way you've been handling this matter.

We christians are very gentle. We are open to criticism. In short we aren't afraid of it. I admit that I can't say half of what I said to my muslim friends. I attend MFM but most of my friends are muslims. And I know how they always react anytime we discuss religion. So guys, am sorry if I've offended you in any way.

But you shouldn't be angry that am calling you 'fools.' If you know you're not a fool, then try to pretend as if am the fool. There're times when a parent would call his son a 'bastard' not because he was born out of wedlock or probably not his child. But because he's behaving like one.

There're some people who would ask 'why would a loving GOD create hell'. Brethen, GOD didn't create hell because of you. HE created it for lucifer and one-third of angels that rebelled against HIM.

I also want you to know that everything on this earth has advantages and disadvantages. The only thing that doesn't have a disadvantage is 'JESUS CHRIST.' GOD has given you the opportunity to reign in paradise with HIM. The only thing HE's asking from you is that you believe Jesus is the Son of GOD. And that He died for you and me and then resurrected. Simple as a b c. So if you decide to go to hell, it's your choice.

I realised that every atheists who replied me are very intelligent. Perhaps, more intelligent than me. And I asked myself 'why can't this people use a little bit of the time they used in studying atheism to read the word of GOD. The Holy Bible is the most precious book on earth.

Most of these celebrities who call themselves atheist are hypocrites. They're occultists, they practise satanism. They say GOD doesn't exist but how come they're worshipping satan.

It pissed me off to know that we Nigerians and Africans as whole who are very religious, that we also have atheists among us. I don't care if you were born and bred in Europe or North America and your mentality is different from mine. Perhaps it's because am a bush boy and that's why am reacting like this. But me, I love GOD and I believe in HIM. I'd rather die than to stop believing in my SAVIOR after all HE's done for me. A wretched sinner like, HE allowed HIS only begotten SON to die for me without asking for anything in return except my 'belief.'

See I won't force anyone to believe in GOD, it's your cup of tea. GOD is more than capable to defend HIMSELF. One of the greatest tools the devil has been using for thousands of years is to make 'fools' believe that GOD doesn't exist. If that one didn't work, then he would try to confuse them that he {satan} himself doesn't exist.

Talk about all kinds of confusion; sexual perversion, transgender, peadophilia etc. It's the 'spirit of confusion' that's behind it. Why on earth would a woman of seventy years say she wants to change to a man after living most of her life as a beautiful lady. I even laugh when I hear kids too say 'mum, mum, although am a boy, I feel like a girl inside. What else do you call that if not 'confusion.' This same spirit of confusion is the one responsible for atheism.

If you think am insulting you; I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in, please don't click on this thread. It's not meant for you. Pretend as if it doesn't exist, am quite sure you're good at that. So I do not need to explain it to you. Atheists, I'm sorry, not sorry.

Another thing you should know is that being an atheist won't stop GOD from blessing you. The only thing atheism can deny you of is 'PARADISE.' Yes, it can stop you from making heaven. Another reason why atheist are wealthier than some theist is because they {atheist} have all the time in the world to concentrate on their business, career, future, family etc. They do not have any reason to go to church, mosque or temple etc. But I tell you that I Ayo I've never regretted any moment that I spent in the presence of my LORD. I always feel happy anytime am in HIS presence. I won't trade that fulfilment for anything in the world.

Some christians also make the mistake of believing that 'ibukun Oluwa lo n mu ni la lai fi lala kun.' They forget that faith without work is nothing. As a christian, my own motto is 'I'll do my best and allow GOD to handle the rest'.

So perhaps atheism isn't that bad. Atheism isn't bad if you do not care about where you'd spend eternity. Atheism isn't bad if you do not believe in the afterlife. Atheism isn't bad if you won't say the words 'oh my GOD' for the rest of your precious life. Atheism isn't bad if you'll never turn to any spiritual entity for help. Atheism isn't bad if you can solve your own problems by yourself.

Guys, don't forget you're in Nigeria, 'the home of religion.' If someday, you lost your senses and you can't make decisions for yourself. And your family takes you to the hospital. After spending many months there and no solution. And the doctor being a Naija man says 'e je t'ese ile bo' {let's go spiritual}. Abeg, wetin u go do. A word is enough for the wise.

I'm not angry at anyone. On the contrary, I do love you {no homo}. I'm sorry for writing this long epistle. But believe me, I meant no harm. Omo ti baba ba n'ife si lo n ba wi. Thanks and GOD bless you all, including you, yes you and you too. Shalom.
Re: Atheists Are Fools by budaatum: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Life is a choice. If you choose to be atheist no problem provided you don't force your view on people's throat or condemn other person's believe. If you choose to be a pagan,Muslim , Christian and among others, so be it. There is no need convincing people on the existence of God since many are doomed already. Dear op there is no need calling atheist fool because many have made up their mind to be so
To be fools, right? Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help! How Do I Get To MFM Prayer City From Mile 2? / How To Stop Promise & Fail Using Prayer Points And Some Nature Ingredients / Is There No Christmas Celebration In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.