Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? (12397 Views)

Refresh Rate In Smartphones Explained: Is It A Gimmick? / The Notch Is Dead ! Checkout The New Trend In Smartphone Designs (PHOTOS) / What Are The Causes Of Ghost Touches In Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by javalady(f): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2018
A simple and intelligent question was asked but instead of giving an intelligent answer the first 5 commenters were busy displaying their stupidity.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by sinaj(f): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2018
bot101:
Actually, that's on screen fingerprint scanner. A working prototype is already in existence.
I think there is a phone with an onscreen fingerprint now.

Cant remember the name.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by diamond88: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2018
Phone that can charge itself from the sun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Xtopher123(m): 7:40am On Mar 17, 2018
The next trend now would be

Having Notch
On screen fingerprint sensor
Retractable Selfie Camera
AI Nano Chips
Foldable Displays
Precision GPS chips
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2018
seunlayi:
Phone with permanent GPS service on to track locations with precision and video calling will be the basic

that one
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by sinaj(f): 7:42am On Mar 17, 2018
diamond88:
Phone that can charge itself from the sun
lol

Solar phones, they might end up exploding, but there are solar power banks tho.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Xtopher123(m): 7:43am On Mar 17, 2018
sinaj:
I think there is a phone with an onscreen fingerprint now.

Cant remember the name.

It's a prototype from VIVO and would only come into market by late 2018 or early 2019
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Cutehector(m): 7:44am On Mar 17, 2018
javalady:
A simple and intelligent question was asked but instead of giving an intelligent answer the first 5 commenters were busy displaying their stupidity.
ok let's get your input
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Zaikon(m): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2018
adexeli:
I'm still waiting for the phone that I'll be able to use to download food undecided
we are on same track
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by sinaj(f): 7:46am On Mar 17, 2018
Xtopher123:

It's a prototype from VIVO and would only come into market by late 2018 or early 2019
yea its actually VIVO.
I thought they released the phone already. Thanks btw.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Genea(f): 7:47am On Mar 17, 2018
pweshboi:

Lists of phones that supports wireless charging...
Apple iPhone: 8, 8 Plus, X
Samsung Galaxy: S9, S9+, Note 8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6, S6 Edge
LG: V30, G6 (US version only), G4 (optional), G3 (optional)
Microsoft Lumia: 1520, 1020, 930, 929, 928, 920
Google Nexus: 4, 5, 6, 7 (2013)
BlackBerry: Priv
Maybe you can say charging through a particular radio wave linking your wireless phone charger plugged in with your phone anywhere within a particular radius. Chai see as you aff dragged me into your thinking. Hehehe
hahahahaha cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:47am On Mar 17, 2018
cooldipo:
Somebody somewhere is here to sample our opinion and make a multimillion dollars profits from such products without any recourse to us....

Pls pay for the opinion as we are all consultant....

I only want affordable quality android not all these Tecno and infinix that cannot be used for Uber or google locate correctly

Consultant indeed

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by selfemployed(m): 7:48am On Mar 17, 2018
Medical phones that can check blood pressure, and run tests like pregnancy, HIV, malaria etc and prescribe drugs

Also be able to scan the body and perform xray scans etc

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Proffdada: 7:48am On Mar 17, 2018
5G browsing, DNA scanner and recognition, quantum computing,3d holographic display, AI task manager, embedded earphones and augmented reality lenses/glasses etc

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by sinaj(f): 7:49am On Mar 17, 2018
javalady:
They dropped their opinion, you should do d xme nd move on.

Scientific ideas looks stupid atimes until they are realised.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Proffdada: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2018
Xtopher123:

Also doogee v
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2018
Phone that recognizes the owners voice and when it rings when the owner is far away from it and he says the registered voice command on it, the phone will walk and go meet the owner so as to enable him pick his calls... undecided
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Topmaike007(m): 7:54am On Mar 17, 2018
phone that can be control by your taught.. when you assume something in your mind it will be done,instead of typing with your hand, your mind will do that for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2018

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2018
invisible phones
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by kingjoe(m): 8:05am On Mar 17, 2018
voice phone.tell the phone to bring out goggle.and search for something and tell you by reading it out.and others such as instruction like go to my contact and call Sandra for me.or you just say something and it records it as text message and not voice.also solve problems

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by jefy(m): 8:08am On Mar 17, 2018
javalady:
the I too knows of our time....
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Teeboi56: 8:14am On Mar 17, 2018
D phone dat I we charger without using light
Because epilepsy power supply is our main problems in nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by anochuko01(m): 8:18am On Mar 17, 2018
javalady:
you've not said something meaningful either.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by anochuko01(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2018
we've not explored virtual reality with smartphone yet....believe me, that's the next big thing.
a time is coming when every smartphone owner would own a VR headset. we'll see new generation of apps, websites, games, adverts etc.

also, I can imagine charging using electromagnetism.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by tytunji29(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2018
Genea:
wireless charging!!! imagine me charging my phine withiut usb cord, saves u from sudden explode grin or chamelonic attributes imagine my phone changing to the colour of my palm or the surrounding?.... I can dream ryt
Dre re fones like dat already
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Freeman50(m): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2018
Genea:
choi, I am late to the party!!! ohkay I go with yours
young lady, your nose is worth dying for.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by toprealman: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2018
Making calls without any need to topup
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Gggg102(m): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
I'll be waiting for anyone to come up with any new ideas we haven't seen before.The fact is there's nothing new at this time and there'll be nothing new in this generation .Like i said our mental capability has been saturated . there's simply nothing else we can invent in our generation.

there are still things we haven't invented.
it depends on if you have the idea.

e.g clean energy that will power the earth like accessing the full energy of the sun which is currently in development, storage of electricity...

we can also look to sci-fi to get ideas. e. g jet packs which has been developed today, us military is researching on a way to make an iron-manish suit.

who knows we might soon develop flying cars, video games that you enter or we could redefine the whole transportation system with teleportation.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BlackBerry Storm 2 Versus BlackBerry Bold 2 (which Is Better?) / For Those Who Already Have The Infinix Zero: Discussion Thread / Etisalat 1.5gb For #500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.