Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? (12399 Views)

Refresh Rate In Smartphones Explained: Is It A Gimmick? / The Notch Is Dead ! Checkout The New Trend In Smartphone Designs (PHOTOS) / What Are The Causes Of Ghost Touches In Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Enmas078(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Invisible phones
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by stevrulez(m): 9:14am On Mar 17, 2018
RAM-less phones
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by IamGoke(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2018
Genea:
wireless charging!!! imagine me charging my phine withiut usb cord, saves u from sudden explode grin or chamelonic attributes imagine my phone changing to the colour of my palm or the surrounding?.... I can dream ryt

Wireless charging has already been made!!

E.g S7
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Vince77(m): 10:21am On Mar 17, 2018
Not sure if this is the next big thing but I know that one day we are going to have phones that charge from 0 - 100 in less than 10 mins.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by obatoro: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2018
Genea:
wireless charging!!! imagine me charging my phine withiut usb cord, saves u from sudden explode grin or chamelonic attributes imagine my phone changing to the colour of my palm or the surrounding?.... I can dream ryt
They have made wireless charging, I read it in a science magazine last year, but not out for commercial yet.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Genea(f): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2018
obatoro:

They have made wireless charging, I read it in a science magazine last year, but not out for commercial yet.
oshey!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Genea(f): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2018
Freeman50:
young lady, your nose is worth dying for.
Thanks darl!!! But don't die pls grin
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Genea(f): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2018
tytunji29:
Dre re fones like dat already
tnx
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2018
adexeli:
I'm still waiting for the phone that I'll be able to use to download food undecided
Lol.... So that human will no.longer have to work abi? grin
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Hungrychicken(m): 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
pweshboi:
Retina scan security, holographic video calls and new file transfer technology
i love the way you think. Your idea is the best, the rest are just childish. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by pweshboi(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hungrychicken:

i love the way you think. Your idea is the best, the rest are just childish. Kudos!
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by EmperorMGI: 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
cooldipo:
Somebody somewhere is here to sample our opinion and make a multimillion dollars profits from such products without any recourse to us....

Pls pay for the opinion as we are all consultant....

I only want affordable quality android not all these Tecno and infinix that cannot be used for Uber or google locate correctly

Guy, sense too full your head....Truly, he/she wants to use us to generate ideas....Hmmmn!
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by crafteck(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
Amirullaha:
Projector...

Moto mod z5 has
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Amirullaha(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
crafteck:

Moto mod z5 has
It hasn't become a trend yet... Just 3 phones currently have the feature...
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by tytunji29(m): 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Genea:
tnx
U wlc
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
1. Transparent phones, wireless charging will be easily accessible to the guy living on a moderate pay.

2. Smartphones will become smarter due to the introduction of the internet of things. Imagine a situation where you come back home at night very tired but you're very hungry, you can easily tell you phone to make a dish for you!, not much, just something light wink.

3. At the slightest sign of danger, maybe smoke at home or a burglar trying to break in at night while you're asleep, your smartphone will be able to automatically dial 911 or any other help codes even without you knowing.

4. Smarter phones will be capable of using the hologram. Even when making phone calls, instead of having to pick your phone and type the number, you easily tell the phone to call "Isaac" and i on the other line/side will tell the phone to accept (can choose to reject), once there's a connection we'll actually see each other in full view, like we're there physically talking with each other, not hearing voices or in video form.

5. Smarter phones will also look into the health sector, they'll work as thermometers, dipsticks (you won't need to dip anything, just touch the phone and you're accessed immediately). Your phone will observe your body from time to time, check for any little changes and will warn you of an impending heart attack or some other problem. In case of emergencies like a seizure, snake bite etc. you can shout at your phone to tell you what to do! and it'll give you split second instructions on how to handle such cases. In short, your phone will be your family doctor!. Disclaimer: Don't automatically depend on your phone for everything!, real human doctors are needed!.

6. Smarter phones will have the voice and language translation technology in them. By this, i mean i can talk to an Italian or Chinese who doesn't know in English in English, this is where it gets interesting, my smarter phone will automatically translate whatever i'm saying to Italian or Chinese language (in my own voice!) to them, they will reply in their own language and it will translate it in English to me in their own voice (like as if they actually speak English!).

7. The hologram feature would not just be on calls alone, it'll expand to schools, students won't need to go to class anymore because the hologram feature would make it seem like everyone is in a class including the lecturer. Just make sure your room is tidy because it might be exposed at the slightest mistake. grin

8. With a smarter phone, browsing and downloading will be like drinking sachet water grin. Don't worry about your data though, the introduction of Fibre Optics will make data purchase cheaper and the companies will still make their profit in billions. It's like collecting N5 each from 180m people. Aren't Engineers wonderful? wink

9. That your Mom or Dad who doesn't know how to use phones like iPhone8 or Samsung S8 won't need your help to learn it because the phone will teach them.

10. Finally, Phones that can read your thoughts. This might not happen anytime soon (or in the next 60 years) but it will come to pass, it will certainly come to pass.

Welcome to the Future.

Honestly, being young is the best thing right now because the odds of seeing and using 1-9 is very high, sorry elders (thanks for being our John the baptist anyway) grin grin grin.

Matters arising, how long will it take for such tech to come to Nigeria?, or would we be the ones to start it? in this current circumstances?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by diamond88: 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
sinaj:
lol

Solar phones, they might end up exploding, but there are solar power banks tho.

Innovation can come from it and there are room for development
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Lsofdk(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
GloryIsaac:
1. Transparent phones, wireless charging will be easily accessible to the guy living on a moderate pay.

2. Smartphones will become smarter due to the introduction of the internet of things. Imagine a situation where you come back home at night very tired but you're very hungry, you can easily tell you phone to make a dish for you!, not much, just something light wink.

3. At the slightest sign of danger, maybe smoke at home or a burglar trying to break in at night while you're asleep, your smartphone will be able to automatically dial 911 or any other help codes even without you knowing.

4. Smarter phones will be capable of using the hologram. Even when making phone calls, instead of having to pick your phone and type the number, you easily tell the phone to call "Isaac" and i on the other line/side will tell the phone to accept (can choose to reject), once there's a connection we'll actually see each other in full view, like we're there physically talking with each other, not hearing voices or in video form.

5. Smarter phones will also look into the health sector, they'll work as thermometers, dipsticks (you won't need to dip anything, just touch the phone and you're accessed immediately). Your phone will observe your body from time to time, check for any little changes and will warn you of an impending heart attack or some other problem. In case of emergencies like a seizure, snake bite etc. you can shout at your phone to tell you what to do! and it'll give you split second instructions on how to handle such cases. In short, your phone will be your family doctor!. Disclaimer: Don't automatically depend on your phone for everything!, real human doctors are needed!.

6. Smarter phones will have the voice and language translation technology in them. By this, i mean i can talk to an Italian or Chinese who doesn't know in English in English, this is where it gets interesting, my smarter phone will automatically translate whatever i'm saying to Italian or Chinese language (in my own voice!) to them, they will reply in their own language and it will translate it in English to me in their own voice (like as if they actually speak English!).

7. The hologram feature would not just be on calls alone, it'll expand to schools, students won't need to go to class anymore because the hologram feature would make it seem like everyone is in a class including the lecturer. Just make sure your room is tidy because it might be exposed at the slightest mistake. grin

8. With a smarter phone, browsing and downloading will be like drinking sachet water grin. Don't worry about your data though, the introduction of Fibre Optics will make data purchase cheaper and the companies will still make their profit in billions. It's like collecting N5 each from 180m people. Aren't Engineers wonderful? wink

9. That your Mom or Dad who doesn't know how to use phones like iPhone8 or Samsung S8 won't need your help to learn it because the phone will teach them.

10. Finally, Phones that can read your thoughts. This might not happen anytime soon (or in the next 60 years) but it will come to pass, it will certainly come to pass.

Welcome to the Future.

Honestly, being young is the best thing right now because the odds of seeing and using 1-9 is very high, sorry elders (thanks for being our John the baptist anyway) grin grin grin.

Matters arising, how long will it take for such tech to come to Nigeria?, or would we be the ones to start it? in this current circumstances?
Engineers are truly wonderful, but that number 10… common na grin even if engineers ally with sorcerers to design phone e no go fit read thoughts.

We'll be the John the Baptist to coming generations, a lot of technologies we won't witness.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Mayor101010(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
javalady:
A simple and intelligent question was asked but instead of giving an intelligent answer the first 5 commenters were busy displaying their stupidity.
it might look or sound stupid but it can also be helpful. As a scientist I love stupid people.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Spacelord360: 5:11am On Mar 18, 2018
I think I will like an invisible device , a device integrated I me of which I will just speak words and things get done... Mind you It's screen is integrated with my eyes.

We might actually get there.

Commenting from [url]techrector.com[/url]
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by hardewaih(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2018
charging of phones with sound waves
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lsofdk:

Engineers are truly wonderful, but that number 10… common na grin even if engineers ally with sorcerers to design phone e no go fit read thoughts.

We'll be the John the Baptist to coming generations, a lot of technologies we won't witness.

People once believed that if God wanted Man to fly, he would have given us wings like eagles. They never imagined the possibility of a metal being able to fly, today we have cargo planes that can carry other planes!. Phones will be able to read human thoughts some day, unfortunately we might not see it happen.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by sureinfo: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
Super phones with large rams like the phantom 8
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Lsofdk(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
GloryIsaac:

People once believed that if God wanted Man to fly, he would have given us wings like eagles. They never imagined the possibility of a metal being able to fly, today we have cargo planes that can carry other planes!. Phones will be able to read human thoughts some day, unfortunately we might not see it happen.
Lol, you've a point, things we see as impossible may be achieved by future generations.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Donahue(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2018
grin grin grin, so expeted..
Georgry:
give me a phone that can be use as an ATM.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Donahue(m): 7:12am On Mar 20, 2018
if these all come true, it is amazing and with some horror. smartphone so smart and strong...

Lsofdk:

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Donahue(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2018
Allcall mix2 with fast wireless charge

obatoro:

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by obatoro: 8:36am On Mar 20, 2018
Donahue:
Allcall mix2 with fast wireless charge

Really?
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by obatoro: 8:55am On Mar 20, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Here is it.

Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by Vecto(m): 9:34am On Mar 20, 2018
Hungrychicken:

Nice.

Imagine transferring a file of 500mb within 30secs on the average.

Xender sucks.
Re: What Do You Think Will Be The Next Big Trend In Smartphones? by MarkWayne89: 10:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Samsung Files a Patent for a new Smartphone that could provide users with a Unique Expandable Display

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2018/03/samsung-files-a-patent-for-a-new-smartphone-that-could-provide-users-with-a-unique-expandable-display.html

This could be a "next big thing"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat 1.5gb For #500 / MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! / Can't Check Glo Data Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.